My 3D version of the 304

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 3D version of the 304

For my 3D Arts class, I decided to build the 304. Took me the entire school year to build but it was worth it.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...ace%20Carrier/

Nice ship, I think it could use a little more texture and a few more antennas but otherwise, it looks great. I couldn't do stuff like that, my specialty is web page design. In some ways, it looks more realistic than the actual 304's we see.
    Zero Point Energy by 0 Kelvin: Just go to Wikipedia, type in Absolute 0, hit enter. It'll save a little bit of my time and effort.

better to be wrong and alive than right and dead

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deathshot View Post
      For my 3D Arts class, I decided to build the 304. Took me the entire school year to build but it was worth it.

well look at that, ohio. I have only found one other person from ohio on this thread and she lived in toledo.

Ohh ya the model, Your model's pretty good, but you could do more to it if you wanted. If you go tothe Original Starship Design Thread you'll find the usual modeler here and some more, including myself. Also the early pages of the Gateworld Virtual Fleet(s) are good to check out too.
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

It's okay, the lack of detail for me isn't so much of a problem as the fact that most of it is out of proportion. It IS, admittedly, difficult to judge the more intricate details based on screencaps and whatnot, but simple things like the size of the engines in proportion to each other and the rest of the ship, the overall width/length ratio, etc... these are things that aren't TOO difficult to judge.

Perhaps it's just limitations of the tool you're using to produce it (as it doesn't say), but I'd consider taking a look at shots of the Daedalus class ships (specifically from the rear and side), and working a little more on polishing up the proportions.

I'd start by increasing the size of the two main sublight engines, and also of the top and bottom auxilliary engines. Also, decrease the distance between the bay engines and the main engines, and raise the main engines to be in line with the centre bay engines. Also, there should be slightly more separation between the rear tower and the body of the Daedalus.

Comment

[/URL]
          Very Nice, keep it up.
          How many poly's is she ?
          Also, you should work on those side fins/panels.. whatever those are, if you aren't finished. I also have the official 304 schematics released in stargate magazine, if you need em, got them from another website.
          I'm really interested in knowing where you got the textures for her, or if you made them, then how.. ?

I'm a bit of an amateur modeler myself and i've made a low-poly version(2500) of the 304 for gaming, however, I'm having a really difficult time texturing her.

Comment

Great job!
            sigpic

Comment

very nice. there was one model that was even better than this. ill say this belongs on spot #2. and boy you took alot of effort in it. 9/10

Comment

Its rubbish.
                the neck is too elongated, it is lacking in detail and does not look real.
                What a waste of time.

Comment

Dude those are sweet

Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by MOSHGUIN1113 View Post
                    Its rubbish.
                    What a waste of time.
                    I'm sure you can do better?
                    Visit my Website

Comment

needs moar textures

Comment

Amazing work. Keep it up

Comment

Originally posted by MOSHGUIN1113 View Post
                          Its rubbish.
                          What a waste of time.
                          Well now you just shouldn't of said that. Especially if this is one of the first posts you make on a forum. Dont make a habit of it.
                          sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

That is really cool. I love stuff like that; keep it up.
                            sigpic

Comment

She looks like a very nice model of the Daedalus. A few things are different from the show but it's hard to find references of some areas of the ship.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                              Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Working...
                              X