PDA

View Full Version : "The Brotherhood"

wraith form Replicator
February 25th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I hope we get that ZPM. Any thoughts on how we could get it.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 25th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Search every planet where those wackos might have hidden it and be smart enough to disable whatever tricks and traps they've come up with. More specific ideas would require more info.

Arturis
February 25th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Or even better, find whatever planet those imbeciles took the ZPM to, lock onto its power signature, beam it aboard one of our ship and then destroy their stargate from orbit so that we never have to deal with them again.

jelgate
February 25th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Or even better, find whatever planet those imbeciles took the ZPM to, lock onto its power signature, beam it aboard one of our ship and then destroy their stargate from orbit so that we never have to deal with them again.

Thats not very ethicial

Fenrir Foxz
February 25th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Thats not very ethicial

:lol:

The Jelgate has spoken :P

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 26th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Thats not very ethicial

Apparently, some people seem to think that because Earth has all this uber tech, its right to whack everyone that has ever wrong the inhabitants of Earth.

Pharaoh Atem
February 26th, 2008, 05:09 AM
I hope we get that ZPM. Any thoughts on how we could get it.

use todd to feed on anyone who gets in the way :D

peragrin
February 26th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Apparently, some people seem to think that because Earth has all this uber tech, its right to whack everyone that has ever wrong the inhabitants of Earth.

what's more annoying is that the IOA acts that way as well.

Some people never grow up, and take responsibility for their actions.

The Boff
February 26th, 2008, 07:08 AM

well destroying the stargate is a bit harsh but i totally agree about beaming up the zpm. easy said and done.

i think its quite safe to assume that its hidden kinda like it was the last time. in some hidden vault somewhere. so the brotherhood would probably not even notice it gone. and if they do happen to see it dissappear... c'mon, thats totally an act of the gods. reclaiming their stuff by a bright light.

ashman2
February 26th, 2008, 09:07 AM

I think a better idea, which would be slightly more ethical would be to beam up the full one, and replace it with one of the many empty ones we've got. It's not like they plug it in to anything so surely they would have no way of knowing whether it is full or not.

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 26th, 2008, 09:43 AM
what's more annoying is that the IOA acts that way as well.

Some people never grow up, and take responsibility for their actions.

Indeed, its a big shame and one of the reasons why I feel that the Asgard entrusting Earth with their technology was a huge mistake. I mean what makes them think that people like the IOA or another government attempts to use it to force their way of life on others? Sure its a TV show and that won't happen but still...

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 26th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Eliminating their stargate would leave them with no means of escape during a culling, so that's out of the question. Simply beaming the ZPM up is a good idea, wish I had thought of it. Then it's just a question of determining which planets are the most likely locations of the hiding place, no need to outwit their traps.

wraith form Replicator
February 26th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Feed them to Todd that rocks. It would really make him like Earth more and less likely to eat everyone in Atlantis.

Arturis
February 27th, 2008, 05:31 AM
Eliminating their stargate would leave them with no means of escape during a culling, so that's out of the question. Simply beaming the ZPM up is a good idea, wish I had thought of it. Then it's just a question of determining which planets are the most likely locations of the hiding place, no need to outwit their traps.

Escape a culling? Why would we want that? I say initiate a culling. Easier than destroying their stargate and it would distract a few Wraith for a few days.

jelgate
February 27th, 2008, 05:52 AM
So you want to potentially kill a large portion of a comunity just so you can have a ZPM. That makes a lot of sesne:rolleyes::rolleyes:

YutheGreat
February 27th, 2008, 05:56 AM
We need the ZPM they don't. You got respect the spiritual value of it. Why not just ask that Ascended woman to speak to the Brotherhood. The Ascended woman that is forced to stay on that planet and protect it for all time. She is ancient.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 27th, 2008, 06:06 AM
We need the ZPM they don't. You got respect the spiritual value of it. Why not just ask that Ascended woman to speak to the Brotherhood. The Ascended woman that is forced to stay on that planet and protect it for all time. She is ancient.

After all, Chaya/Athar left Proculas for much less sound reasons the last time and stayed in Atlantis a day or so. She'd only need to go to Dagan for a few hours at most. Her glowing ascended form would quickly awe those people. I highly doubt the Wraith would attack Proculas while she was gone.

g.o.d
February 27th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Thats not very ethicial

who cares? Better be alive than dead

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 27th, 2008, 01:45 PM

The Daganians aren't in much of a position to kill us. We can take the ZPM from them without eliminating their gate.

February 27th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Get someone to pose as an Ancient and retrieve the device. You could have the "Ancient" beam down (demonstrating magical abilities) or use Asgard hologram technology to create an ascended form. It's time that Earth follow in the foot steps of the Goa'uld and pose as false gods.

jenks
February 27th, 2008, 04:23 PM

Cowardice?

Infinatus
February 27th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Get someone to pose as an Ancient and retrieve the device. You could have the "Ancient" beam down (demonstrating magical abilities) or use Asgard hologram technology to create an ascended form. It's time that Earth follow in the foot steps of the Goa'uld and pose as false gods.

lol That would actually make a really great episode...

YutheGreat
February 29th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Cowardice?

Being the heroes tend to get difficult at times. In fiction heroes take the high road and ussually wins but in real life I am sorry to say certain evils are committed maybe even necessary. Stargate recognizes this fact:

The Other Side. SG1 let that guy hit the Iris.
Unnatural Selection. SG1 had to betray Fifth to stop the replicators.

Rac80
February 29th, 2008, 05:27 AM
I think a better idea, which would be slightly more ethical would be to beam up the full one, and replace it with one of the many empty ones we've got. It's not like they plug it in to anything so surely they would have no way of knowing whether it is full or not.

I like that idea, sneaky, but they still have what they "worship" a ZPM, just an inactive one. and now that we know the wraith use ZPMs to power their cloning facilities, I think we need to switch the brotherhood's incase the wraith come looking for it!

Heaven
February 29th, 2008, 05:52 AM
Being the heroes tend to get difficult at times. In fiction heroes take the high road and ussually wins but in real life I am sorry to say certain evils are committed maybe even necessary. Stargate recognizes this fact:
so you believe stealing their ZPM is a necessary evil?

how hypocritical

YutheGreat
March 2nd, 2008, 01:15 AM
so you believe stealing their ZPM is a necessary evil?

how hypocritical

My option was to get Chaya to speak to the brotherhood on our behalf. We offer to let take them and their people to the Milky Way. It is the closest way their prophecy can be fulfilled. An Ancient came back to get it. The Brotherhood gets to live in a world beyond the reach of the Wraith.

I am merely speaking facts of life. Desperation can lead one to throw morality out the window. I would like to believe otherwise but it is the way things are.
However like a church elder said to me before: just because these are the way things are doesn't mean they are the way things should be.

No matter what we do to get their ZPM there will be deception involved. they believe the Ancients will come back to get it and reward them. Even my option has deception involved. If I were to claim otherwise that would be hypocritical. Unless their prophecy actually comes to pass.

g.o.d
March 2nd, 2008, 04:12 AM
Cowardice?

look, they aren't using that device. Why should they have it? They don't need it

Heaven
March 2nd, 2008, 08:12 AM
My option was to get Chaya to speak to the brotherhood on our behalf. We offer to let take them and their people to the Milky Way. It is the closest way their prophecy can be fulfilled. An Ancient came back to get it. The Brotherhood gets to live in a world beyond the reach of the Wraith.

that sounds acceptable

I am merely speaking facts of life. Desperation can lead one to throw morality out the window. I would like to believe otherwise but it is the way things are.
However like a church elder said to me before: just because these are the way things are doesn't mean they are the way things should be.

yep. and thats where the end justifying the means argument comes up.
is it right to do wrong in order to do good ?
in this case stealing their ZPM would imply a judgment that Atlantis having a ZPM is a better "good" than the brotherhood worshiping it.
but if you have to do "evil" in order to achieve that good, that would make that judgment hypocritical.

No matter what we do to get their ZPM there will be deception involved. they believe the Ancients will come back to get it and reward them. Even my option has deception involved. If I were to claim otherwise that would be hypocritical. Unless their prophecy actually comes to pass.
which it might.

look, they aren't using that device. Why should they have it? They don't need it
hey, I don't use my old pair of shoes, doesn't mean that you can have them! :)

besides, they are using it, they worship it.
imagine if someone wanted to swipe the holy grail because its gemstone could be used as a supercomputer. would that be fair ?

aduk85
March 2nd, 2008, 08:15 AM

I like your thinking.

Its about time Atlantis got more than one zpm anyway, its going into the fifth season. We need more ancient tech, etc. This would make the show more interesting when they have rubbish story lines

BubblingOverWithIdeas
March 2nd, 2008, 11:00 AM
that sounds acceptable

Yes, having Chaya convince them is a good idea.

yep. and thats where the end justifying the means argument comes up.
is it right to do wrong in order to do good ?
in this case stealing their ZPM would imply a judgment that Atlantis having a ZPM is a better "good" than the brotherhood worshiping it.
but if you have to do "evil" in order to achieve that good, that would make that judgment hypocritical.

Taking the ZPM from them would be neither stealing nor evil. The Ancients gave it to them to safeguard it for future use in the battle with the Wraith. By locking it in a cave somewhere instead of letting the Ancients' direct descendents use it to save lives, the Daganians are failing to live up to their compact.

besides, they are using it, they worship it.

They've put it somewhere and don't see it.

imagine if someone wanted to swipe the holy grail because its gemstone could be used as a supercomputer. would that be fair ?

Yes. That would be an admirable use for the grail, and a demonstration of its special-ness. The grail is nowhere to found, however. People just look at pictures of it, much as with the ZPM.

garhkal
March 7th, 2008, 04:31 PM

I do. We are already pushing our selves into the galaxy forcing our ways and beliefs on people who have more right to their stuff than we do. Heck we are starting to get worse than the Gou;ald in our ways. Doing that would just be yet another nail in that coffin.

It's time that Earth follow in the foot steps of the Goa'uld and pose as false gods.

Thanks for making my point.

The Other Side. SG1 let that guy hit the Iris.
Unnatural Selection. SG1 had to betray Fifth to stop the replicators.

Yes being heroic is difficult. That is the point. Heroes take the high road, regardless of how difficult it is. Baddies do what ever, and justify it how they wish, all in the name of the ends justify the means. WE are the heroes and need to start acting like it, not being as evil (if not worse) than the "baddies we fight"..

And why should we have it just cause we want it..

Taking the ZPM from them would be neither stealing nor evil. The Ancients gave it to them to safeguard it for future use in the battle with the Wraith. By locking it in a cave somewhere instead of letting the Ancients' direct descendents use it to save lives, the Daganians are failing to live up to their compact.

Guard it for the ANCIENTS to use. Are we ancients? No. Ergo we have no claim to it.

2ndgenerationalteran
March 8th, 2008, 12:36 AM
oh no not this again.