Ori Armies and Technology - Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Armies and Technology - Speculation

Partly cause I am bored and partly because I am a faithful servant of the Ori, who live on in death, I thought I would make a topic where people can talk and discuss about their technology. Thats one of the things I feel we got 'cheated' of was that we never saw the whole extent of the Children of the Ori's technology that was gifted to them and starships.

Now note, I know some people don't like the Ori, thats fine you have your opinion but this thread is not about you hating, its for those who like them. Another note, this is for simple speculation and ideas so no "But thats never shown in the show so its not canon", this is about speculating. You can disagree and posulate your own opinion but no "They don't have that in SG-1 so urgo they don't have it."

Ori Power Core
    We never knew what the Ori warships power source was except that it was an orb-like structure in roughly its centre. They also have that circular ring in the middle which glows when activated. So what is it? I speculated sometime ago that it might perhaps house a micro-singularity to power the ship. Perhaps the ring itself helps stabilize the singularity and ensure it does not swallow the vessel. I know that someone argued against this idea as it wouldnt be a valid source of powering a ship and it would slow the vessel but still...

Another point is that we have seen that the Ori do make use of singularities as power sources as seen by their use of the supergate which was used to maintain the connection to the Ori Home Galaxy.

Absorption Shields
    We know that the Ori possess powerful shields that were not penetrated by anything except that 'kawoosh' from the Supergate and the Asgard plasma beam weapons. Everything else seemed to have not even made a dent, not even a ship crashing into the shield. So maybe that the Ori do have a standard shield but its enhanced by a shield that absorbs enemy weapon fire like the planet collapsing shield used on Kallana? It would explain partly why the ships took a tremendous amount of punishment.

I believe the Stargate magazines state that the Ori ships use such shields.

Communication Stones
    We know that Priors are telepathic and can communicate with one another easily or some of their followers if need be to get status updates but what about the Ori Crusaders? I was picturing that maybe they use a variant of those commuication stones that were used in conjunction with the Ancient Intergalactic communication terminal. Perhaps these stones could allow the Crusaders to better communicate with their troops and coordinate against enemy forces.

I kind of picture white stones like the Asgard ones that attach to the armour that are tapped and connects to another stone.

Just some of my initial thoughts, will probably post more when I can but lets discuss people and keep it nice

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

There is a simple explanation behind all ORI technology

They are GODS they will it to work and it does.

Hallowed are the ORI
    but there followers are hollow in the head
    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Maybe their power cores are Arcturus-like technology.

Comment

Ever think of Ori ZPM's? Or Ori city ships? Only thing stopping SG-1 from taking all the cool stuff is Adria (I like the character just not her role)
        Zero Point Energy by 0 Kelvin: Just go to Wikipedia, type in Absolute 0, hit enter. It'll save a little bit of my time and effort.

better to be wrong and alive than right and dead

sigpic

Comment

I've often wondered if maybe the city of Celestis was a city-ship akin to Atlantis.

Comment

I've always thought that they weren't nearly as powerful technologically as the Ancients. My reason being that they weren't scientists they were religious fanatics. I think they use like 10 million year old Ancients technology. Which is still very impressive. Anyways I dunno what they have but they are pretty awesome. Can't wait for AoT

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
              I've often wondered if maybe the city of Celestis was a city-ship akin to Atlantis.
              Ahhh I knew I forgot to mention that, I would imagine that such ships would serve as mobile temples if they existed. One of the problems is that most of the Ori technology we see would have been developed after they encountered Daniel and Vala as they seem to want to repress the technological state of their followers.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                Ahhh I knew I forgot to mention that, I would imagine that such ships would serve as mobile temples if they existed. One of the problems is that most of the Ori technology we see would have been developed after they encountered Daniel and Vala as they seem to want to repress the technological state of their followers.
                If Celestis was a city-ship, it would have to be extremely old for the planet to have "grown" around it the way that it did. It looked like it was covered in soil or rock and there were pieces jutting out from the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post

Hallowed are the ORI
                  but there followers are hollow in the head
                  pml!!!

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                    If Celestis was a city-ship, it would have to be extremely old for the planet to have "grown" around it the way that it did. It looked like it was covered in soil or rock and there were pieces jutting out from the ground.
                    Well perhaps not Celestis itself but maybe the use of their own cityships might be possible. Mind you, the Ori Warships do serve most of their needs from troop carriers to fighter carriers to battleships.

Comment

Well perhaps not Celestis itself but maybe the use of their own cityships might be possible. Mind you, the Ori Warships do serve most of their needs from troop carriers to fighter carriers to battleships.
                      Maybe it's sorta like a hive. 3rd ep of Atlantis we saw a giant crater where a hive under a mountain had been. If a low powered wraith hive could move a mountain, Celestis should have no problem breaking free of the crust on top of it.

Joe
                      Zero Point Energy by 0 Kelvin: Just go to Wikipedia, type in Absolute 0, hit enter. It'll save a little bit of my time and effort.

better to be wrong and alive than right and dead

sigpic

Comment

Communication Stones
                        We know that Priors are telepathic and can communicate with one another easily or some of their followers if need be to get status updates but what about the Ori Crusaders? I was picturing that maybe they use a variant of those commuication stones that were used in conjunction with the Ancient Intergalactic communication terminal. Perhaps these stones could allow the Crusaders to better communicate with their troops and coordinate against enemy forces.
                        I would love it if they revisited that comm device, with a twist. It might explain why they had the initial one from the intro into season 9 be heading to celestis, to be studied..

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                          I've always thought that they weren't nearly as powerful technologically as the Ancients. My reason being that they weren't scientists they were religious fanatics. I think they use like 10 million year old Ancients technology. Which is still very impressive. Anyways I dunno what they have but they are pretty awesome. Can't wait for AoT
                          But unlike the Ancients, the ascended Ori interfere in the lower planes. I think it's pretty obvious they gave the knowledge to the Doci and Priors in the Ori Galaxy and that's how they built such inpressive ships.=

Comment

Who knows really what Ascensions brings with it. I just don't see them being near as powerful as the Ancients. If so our beam weapons wouldn't do near enough damage to destroy their ships. IMO.

Or like I heard someones idea that the Ori only gave there followers the tech they thought was good enough to convert the MW and nothing more. Makes sense kinda because they wouldn't want there most powerful ships out there and some how lose one to the rebels or us. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient122 View Post
                              Maybe it's sorta like a hive. 3rd ep of Atlantis we saw a giant crater where a hive under a mountain had been. If a low powered wraith hive could move a mountain, Celestis should have no problem breaking free of the crust on top of it.

Joe
                              Er the Hive ship WAS the mountain in that episode.

As for Celestis It's probably just a small city. while they could build city ship vessel's that don't have need to.

Comment

Working...
                              X