The Effectiveness of Naquada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Effectiveness of Naquada

We've seen the added effects of Naquada on missiles and nukes but since we know it takes abit more OOmF to take down Wraith even when they havent been feeding anyone think its about time for naquada ammo for mebes the P-90 or an new experimental gun to Atlantis. Also im sure in the siege part 2 someone mentions the railguns ammo being laced with Naquada so mebes it is possible..

plus with the gun being experimental it means it can mess up or be on short supply so that not every one had one, meaning earth doesnt have its Ubber rule power.

Im sure Ronan and Shep would be pleased with it
    jus a thought. anyone think this i an idea?

the use of Naquada on this scale would be hard to achieve i think. The Naquada requirements would be huge so i don't know if it is plausible. Maybe for special missions which require extra firepower but a weapon like that of Ronan would do wonders. I thinks it's time for Mckay to take a look at that gun and figure it out.
    Study the great, they wil enlighten your soul

Comment

if you were to put naquadah in p-90 ammo you would probably get blown to bits when you pull the trigger. Im not an expert on this btw so i may be wrong. But if it was possible it would be nice to see

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

dispite how i hate putting holes in other peoples theories i beleive thats what your looking for here so dont feel offended its not intended to.

firstly: you cannot put explosive material into any aspect of a railgun or its ammo. A rail gun works basically through size of projectile and speed it has no explosive qualities, it is launched through the use of 2 rails on either side basically magnets using oposite poles u wrap electric coils round them or can just put electricity through them without the electric coils. Anyway after both magnets have been fixed parelel to each other an electric charge is put between them making 2 electro magnetic rails, then when an object is put inbetween the two rails (ammo) it is propelled into the direction i dont know how it decides which direction and hits with a devistating force if there is explosive material in the ammo or the rail itself it will detonate when the current hits it destroying the weapon along with it and therefore not much point in it.

Only way i see naquada being applicable is as its powersourse.
        The only reason they exist as a fully functioning weapon in sg universe is there discovery of naqauda and trinium this covers the 2 main problems with rail guns the first power requirements, the second is that the rails need to be made of a super hard material so they wont bend and break fromthe severe force put onto them the magnetic stress trinium is strong enough to counter this.

hope this helps
        if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Working...
        X