Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Think Its Time For A New Earth Fighter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Think Its Time For A New Earth Fighter?

Dont get me wrong i love the F-302 with it being all earthy and looking abit like a modified real life jet fighter but does anyone think we should have a new design?

you know something with mebes abit more arnaments and weapons, the F-302 has something like 2 or 4 missiles on it im sure it should have afew more then that now that we know hive ships are armed with like hundreads of darts..

Mebes get Rodney to work abit overtime with new designs

any ideas anyone?

also does anyone else thing the Apollo and Odyssey and Deady look abit like turtles?

The rockets should be replaced with more advanced weapons, there is bound to be something usseful in the asgard database and if not the ancient database must contain something. 4 rockets is just not enough, the design itself is oke i guess. But a upgrade in weaponry would not be a luxery. Would be cool if they would have smaller beam weapons, but this is probable impossible.
    Study the great, they wil enlighten your soul

Comment

well Carter designed the x-699 rifle thing after the design of Jay Felgers replacement weapon for the missiles, mebes they could work the kinks out and put that on instead..

Comment

please enlighten me, what is a x-699 i seemed to have missed that, do you have a eppisode or a discription of it.

Comment

x-699 its in the omnipedia on the main site, it was meant to be a replacement for the missiles on the F-302, sort of Photon Torpedos, but the first design by Felger didnt go to plan then Carter in all her geniousness made the x-699 as a smaller rifle version.

but yeah its on the Omnipedia under Technology

Comment

OK i have cheked it out, and saw the weapon in the episode bounty. Tbh it didn't look that impressive, sure for ground combat it would be nice to have a weapon like that but it didn't look like a weapon od great power. It was more a weapon with the purpose to satisfy the people that are unaware of the stargate programm. There are things out there that are much better.

Comment

Originally posted by ffstbh View Post
              please enlighten me, what is a x-699 i seemed to have missed that, do you have a eppisode or a discription of it.
              look closely it was just supposed to be a non functional protoype with promise the us military had no intentions of making it a feild weapon its inferior to p-90's and other earth based weapons the only thing it is is a projected energy weapon earth should better spend its time researching a portable automatic railgun to replace the assualt rifle

in fact im gona start a new thread for new human weps.

and no earth doesnt need a new fighter the f-302 is brutal and effective its got 4 missle slots and atleast 1 railgun onboard but i do agree they could do with a weapons upgrade. maybe 4 drones (programed to come back to launchers if still functional after the shot. and a energy weapon like a pulse phaser or something.
              if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

the x-699 could be placed on it. add a mk1 naq generator. would be able to pump out much more damage than the mini version

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
                  look closely it was just supposed to be a non functional protoype with promise the us military had no intentions of making it a feild weapon...

was thinking the same thing yet you see a lot of people talking about this weapon as if it a serious option for a weaponupgrade

the x-699 isn't to be taken serious i think

Comment

Yeh i think the F-302 is getting a bit boring now.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ffstbh View Post
                      ...no.

if the wrighters trty to passs it off as a starfighter like they did in atlantis, and a bit of SG-1. then no. teh f-302 was nevre meant to dogfight in space. it's a planetary defence fighter.

Comment

F302 has 2 vulcans and four misles maybe up the missles to 6 or 8 replace the vulcans with railguns and add some energy wepon like a glider canon or a wraith dart canon

the missles are good they took out the hyperdrive on an aura dmitedly after a hive took the sheilds down

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

I think Earth should just settle down and build its fleet of F-302's and BC-304's before building anything else

Its makes sense to build instead of new stuff

1. We already have the Infrastructure in place to build these ships and building or upgrading current Infrastructure is a waste of resources and time that could be used to build more ships to beef up our current fleet

2. It takes time and resources to design, test, and make the new craft instead of putting that same time and resources into other sciences, such as medicine, shields, weapons, sensors, power sources, transport tech, etc....

3. We would need to retrain our pilots for the new crafts. wasting the time and effort of the current pilots

4. Our ships kick ass so why do we need anything else?

5. As long as we have the hero shield our ships are safe
                          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic
                          So whats the worst that could happen?
                          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

It's been said a thousand times before, but here it is again:

the x-699 is NOT a real weapon. It was a sort of in between energy weapon so the public isn't surprised when we make sudden leaps in technology, this way it seems the technology is being gradually developed.

Proof: In the episode bounty, Bill is complaining about how stupid they have to act and make the thing not work when they know how to make it work

Plus the x-699 was big and inefficient, it would be much smarter to duct tape staff weapons to the 302's (essentially making it a death glider)

I'm sure the asgard database has some info because I think in season 9 finale (don't have it on me) The Asgard ships have smaller weapons fire, and it would make sense to have smaller weapons, even the Ori ships had them ( I think). Plus, the Asgard database contains ALL their knowledge so there's probably some useful weapon in their past technology if not current

Comment

Originally posted by iqbalg1 View Post
                              It's been said a thousand times before, but here it is again:

the x-699 is NOT a real weapon. It was a sort of in between energy weapon so the public isn't surprised when we make sudden leaps in technology, this way it seems the technology is being gradually developed.

Proof: In the episode bounty, Bill is complaining about how stupid they have to act and make the thing not work when they know how to make it work

Plus the x-699 was big and inefficient, it would be much smarter to duct tape staff weapons to the 302's (essentially making it a death glider)

I'm sure the asgard database has some info because I think in season 9 finale (don't have it on me) The Asgard ships have smaller weapons fire, and it would make sense to have smaller weapons, even the Ori ships had them ( I think). Plus, the Asgard database contains ALL their knowledge so there's probably some useful weapon in their past technology if not current
                              Totaly agree!!

Comment

Working...
                              X