Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anubis and the Ori

This is kind of a vs thread so I'm going to set up it up

1. In season 8 lets just say that the Asgard, Jaffa, Tau'ri, and Replicators were defeated but Anubis wasn't

2. Daniel Jackson thinking the only way to get help was to use the communication device to find help and finds the Ori

3. The next day Anubis sends a Ha'tak to crash into the Ancinet weapon destroying it and then he destroys Earth

4. The Priors start showing up and Anubis knows he needs to get prepared so he isn't caught off guard by the Ori

So with these facts and knowing capabilities of Anubis do you think he would have a chance against the Ori? And he can't take over priors or Adria
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
    This is kind of a vs thread so I'm going to set up it up

1. In season 8 lets just say that the Asgard, Jaffa, Tau'ri, and Replicators were defeated but Anubis wasn't

2. Daniel Jackson thinking the only way to get help was to use the communication device to find help and finds the Ori

3. The next day Anubis sends a Ha'tak to crash into the Ancinet weapon destroying it and then he destroys Earth

4. The Priors start showing up and Anubis knows he needs to get prepared so he isn't caught off guard by the Ori

So with these facts and knowing capabilities of Anubis do you think he would have a chance against the Ori? And he can't take over priors or Adria
    Limiting what he can and cannot do is stupid here, because that's exactly what a Goa'uld would try and do.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      Limiting what he can and cannot do is stupid here, because that's exactly what a Goa'uld would try and do.
      Well I only limit that because I want to compare the tech and tactics of Anubis vs that of the Ori

Also when ever I try and use Anubis vs anything they always bring this point up that all he has to do is take over their bodies and he will win so thats why I wanted to get rid of that from the start other then that he can do what ever has been shown in the show
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

in terms of technology, i'd say the ori would win, but anubis has proven to be a resilient person, so i wounldn;t be surprised if he pulled something out of his butt.

Comment

Originally posted by SG66 View Post
          in terms of technology, i'd say the ori would win, but anubis has proven to be a resilient person, so i wounldn;t be surprised if he pulled something out of his butt.
          See I was thinking that by this time he would have a pretty big army of Jaffa and Kull Warriors so he would have the ground war pretty much covered well until the Priors get involved but I have an idea about that, we know he has an ascension machine so what if he started making an army of prior like soldiers? So in terms of ground war fare Anubis could win

As for space I think he would lose badly in the beginning as his ha'taks would get wrecked but knowing him he would try and build another super weapon this time a ZPM of Earth's (well maybe) then this would be a match for an Ori ship but he would also try and use all of his Asgard knowldge to beef his fleet up but I think Anubis could do
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic

Comment

I wonder if, since he is partially ascended, the Ori themselves could just smack him down and get away with it.

Comment

probably not, that would require them to interfer in our galaxy, and we know the ancients woudn't put up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                I wonder if, since he is partially ascended, the Ori themselves could just smack him down and get away with it.
                Well he's in the milky way so I don't know but I wonder if thy could because Anubis had so many worhipers that if he would be equal or more powerful then one ori
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG66 View Post
                  probably not, that would require them to interfer in our galaxy, and we know the ancients woudn't put up with that.
                  I wonder, though, if The Others would maybe turn a blind eye and let him take out their mistake since they weren't really willing to do it themselves.

Well he's in the milky way so I don't know but I wonder if thy could because Anubis had so many worhipers that if he would be equal or more powerful then one ori
                  But since he wasn't fully ascended, could he sap power from worshippers?

Comment

you got a point, but from what i got from the ancients, they seem like a too stuck up people to allow the ori to destroy anubis. remember, they allowed anubis to maintain his state and to interfer in the galaxy as a punishment to oma, by forcing her to watch knowing she could never inteerfer. i wouldn't be surprised if The others allowed the war to happen, so oma could be punished further by watching the galaxy burn from the two mega powers.

Comment

The Ori would own Annubis.

Even his Super Ha'tak with the Eyes of Ra would be very hard pressed against 1 Ori ship.

Ori would own him. Super soliders? Can't win against the Priors.

Each Ori Ascended being is far more powerful than him, since they have worshippers to increase their power. And any one of them can kill him easy.

What would the Ascended Ancients do ? Nothing, just like they always do. Amost always, there are a very few radical Ascended Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                        Even his Super Ha'tak with the Eyes of Ra would be very hard pressed against 1 Ori ship.
                        Personally I think that his Super Weapin would utterly destroy a Ori Ship with its powerful main cannon

Ori would own him. Super soliders? Can't win against the Priors.
                        Well Anubis could make his own army of priors that are more powerful and less weird looking, also his jaffa and Kulls would own the other ground forces of the Ori

Each Ori Ascended being is far more powerful than him, since they have worshippers to increase their power. And any one of them can kill him easy.
                        There power is spread out while at this time he would be worshiped by numerous sources in the Milky Way its like what happened to Adria but to him

What would the Ascended Ancients do ? Nothing, just like they always do. Amost always, there are a very few radical Ascended Ancients.
                        Ok, I agree I don't know the point here
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic

Comment

"Personally I think that his Super Weapin would utterly destroy a Ori Ship with its powerful main cannon"

Yes I think it would as well. However, it takes time to charge. Ori main cannon can fire 1 shot a SECOND. One shot is probably all it takes to destroy a Super Ha'tak or at least cripple it. 1 shot cripples, second destroys.

Ori have fleets, Annubis has only one Super Ha'tak with the Eyes, none of his other weapons or ships will scratch Ori shields.

One shot from Ori main weapon: Destroy Ha'tak and the beam continues=super raw power.

Annubis is limited by the other Ancients. They would not let him use 'powers', just like they would not let Daniel use any either. Ori have no such limit, they can create Priors at will, lend ship tech to their followers etc.

A regular Ori=Ascended Ancient in power. But Ori have worshippers. 1 Ori > 1 Ascended Ancient. It is quite simple.

There is no way Annubis can win. But there are many ways he can lose.

Comment

This isn't a battle between the Anubis and just the Ascended Ori

I was asking if the Ori invaded and Anubis was in charge of the Glaxy how he would do so lets drop the Anubis vs Ascended Ori

Now whats to stop Anubis from cranking out his own Prior Army? We have seen him have the technology to create advanced humans who are more powerful then your average Prior so for fround Combat Anubis would wreck the Ori in any attempt

As for technology we have seen Anubis have better Sensors then that of the Ori. So whats to stop him him making better tech that is based off of the Ancinets? If Anubis takes out Earth then he could locate Atlantis and unlike Earth he would have a field day with all of that technology. Of coruse this is specuatlion still Anubis has made very advanced technology also he has some Asgard tech that he could play around with. So at first I'm sure Anubis would lose many space battle however given the right amount of time he could put up a proper defense
                            A Face you Can Trust
                            sigpic

Comment

This isn't a battle between the Anubis and just the Ascended Ori

I was asking if the Ori invaded and Anubis was in charge of the Glaxy how he would do so lets drop the Anubis vs Ascended Ori

Now whats to stop Anubis from cranking out his own Prior Army? We have seen him have the technology to create advanced humans who are more powerful then your average Prior so for fround Combat Anubis would wreck the Ori in any attempt

As for technology we have seen Anubis have better Sensors then that of the Ori. So whats to stop him him making better tech that is based off of the Ancinets? If Anubis takes out Earth then he could locate Atlantis and unlike Earth he would have a field day with all of that technology. Of coruse this is specuatlion still Anubis has made very advanced technology also he has some Asgard tech that he could play around with. So at first I'm sure Anubis would lose many space battle however given the right amount of time he could put up a proper defense
                              i completely agree, anubis has proven that he has great ingenuity, it would only be a matter of time before he could mount a proper offense. of course, he could also cause havoc on ori controled planets by sending a few super soldiers threw the gate.

Comment

Working...
                              X