Wraith Regenerative Abilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Regenerative Abilities

It seem everyone shoots a wraith in the chest or stomach. It eventually kills them (it killed bob at least) but it takes a while. Why just go for a head shot and have wraith brains sprayed all over the wall?
    Zero Point Energy by 0 Kelvin: Just go to Wikipedia, type in Absolute 0, hit enter. It'll save a little bit of my time and effort.

better to be wrong and alive than right and dead

sigpic

Originally posted by Ancient122 View Post
    It seem everyone shoots a wraith in the chest or stomach. It eventually kills them (it killed bob at least) but it takes a while. Why just go for a head shot and have wraith brains sprayed all over the wall?
    Military training is to aim for the central mass to increase odds of a hit.

Head shots are nice but not exactly worth relying on in the heat of battle.

Comment

They may not be used in battle, but how often do you see wraith and human armies advancing toward each other on a nice flat battlefield. Nothing like what happens when Humans and Jafa go at it with each other.
      Zero Point Energy by 0 Kelvin: Just go to Wikipedia, type in Absolute 0, hit enter. It'll save a little bit of my time and effort.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient122 View Post
        Nothing like what happens when Humans and Jafa go at it with each other.
        True the scenes from Rules Of Engagment - the one with the kids practicing to infiltrated the SGC as a team are amazing.

and yeah but if you watch when Sheppard shoots bob its for interigation not to kill him, he knows Wraith regenerate so shooting him in the abdomen really isnt that much of a kill, just away of torture

Comment

Can't remember where but I do remember some parts where Sheppard aimed for the head... might have been the second episode of the series in the Keepers chamber as I think he shot the warrior in the head and it died.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
            Can't remember where but I do remember some parts where Sheppard aimed for the head... might have been the second episode of the series in the Keepers chamber as I think he shot the warrior in the head and it died.
            SEE... thats the whole point, head shots KILL wraith, however, in the Siege Part II Colonel whatshisname was right in front of a wraith, emptied a 9 mil clip into the wraith, and got most of the life sucked out of him. A head shot would have solved the whole thing.

sigpic

Comment

They so weakened the Wraith it isn't even funny. It is worse than how much they weakened the Jaffa staff cannons in Stargate. In the first few episodes a Wraith could take like half a clip from a P-90 and still live. Heck that one's hand that was blown off in the first episode was still crawling around. Becket acted like they were perfect physically.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Genius_McKay View Post
                They so weakened the Wraith it isn't even funny. It is worse than how much they weakened the Jaffa staff cannons in Stargate. In the first few episodes a Wraith could take like half a clip from a P-90 and still live. Heck that one's hand that was blown off in the first episode was still crawling around. Becket acted like they were perfect physically.
                They have weakend the wraith but keep in mind that there is a sort of canon explanation since the wraith are stronger right after feeding.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

The wraith as weaker as a species now because of the dwindled food supply.

Comment

Working...
                  X