This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the void between galaxys

In midway i believe they said there was no life in between the two galaxys but id really like there to be a race that could be nomadic who hide in the void between galaxys and thrive i dont know who it could be tho just an idea

Originally posted by luckylad View Post
    In midway i believe they said there was no life in between the two galaxys but id really like there to be a race that could be nomadic who hide in the void between galaxys and thrive i dont know who it could be tho just an idea
    And what are they doing without a sun?
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Exactly. Between the two galaxies there are no places to stop and refuel/resupply. No planets to get food, water, or air from makes for a very barren place to be.
      sigpic
      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Its not possible to live in the void between galaxies and thrive...No food, no sun light, no water, no renewable power sources, no unrenewable power sources for that matter.

How would they thrive exactly?

Comment

i never said planets ships more and who knows what could be in the void could be anything just think if ancients were still around in the void with there zpms or any society with advanced technology would be a good hiding ground

Comment

ooo and if they are advanced they could always raid other galaxies or have like staging posts in galaxys where they create some sort of power source for there main sort of outpost it was just an idea but i think it would be an interesting thing to explore

Comment

They could certainly be a race on the fringes of the Galaxy. The Reapers, in Mass Effect, live in that dead void of space if I recall correctly. However, they're AI and only wake up every million years or so.

Living in the dead middle of space just isn't a feasible idea. It's much easier to sit in the space within galaxies... there's quite a lot of room there, you know.

Comment

Species 8472 in ST Voyager lived in "Fluidic space",and their physiology and survival didn't depend on the usual requirements of air,solar power, or much else that the usual alien races in Stargate need.

Is that the kind of void-type race you mean ?

They'd need to be written pretty well not to be seen as a Voy homage though,imo
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
                  Species 8472 in ST Voyager lived in "Fluidic space",and their physiology and survival didn't depend on the usual requirements of air,solar power, or much else that the usual alien races in Stargate need.

Is that the kind of void-type race you mean ?

They'd need to be written pretty well not to be seen as a Voy homage though,imo
                  but would sga really encouter them that much they don't exactly stop in the middle of the void do they excpet for the midway station they wouldn't be a very good enemy
                  sigpic
                  [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

yeah but the threat in between the galaxies would be a threat thats the point, or they could try and steal the stargates or something im not an episode writer . i just think it would be fun to explore even if they arent bad

Comment

Originally posted by The.Road.Not.Taken View Post
                      but would sga really encouter them that much they don't exactly stop in the middle of the void do they excpet for the midway station they wouldn't be a very good enemy
                      Depends on the writers.If they want to have a race like that,they'll find a way..but I doubt they will really.

yeah but the threat in between the galaxies would be a threat thats the point, or they could try and steal the stargates or something im not an episode writer . i just think it would be fun to explore even if they arent bad
                      I think at least you're trying to come up with new ideas.Welcome to GW !
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Could be done - large enough, and advanced enough space station...botony sections with fake-sun lighting...creates plantlife/water, basic eco system...staging area using gates/advanced ships....
                        Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                          Could be done - large enough, and advanced enough space station...botony sections with fake-sun lighting...creates plantlife/water, basic eco system...staging area using gates/advanced ships....
                          It could be done but most likely we would have seen some evidence of a space station or something.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I think it's possible, with the right resources.

Spoiler:
                            After all SG1 spend 50years aboard the Odyssey, it didn't matter if they were in the Asguard galaxy, the MilkyWay galaxy or in bitween them, they survived only with what they had onboard.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                              I think it's possible, with the right resources.

Spoiler:
                              After all SG1 spend 50years aboard the Odyssey, it didn't matter if they were in the Asguard galaxy, the MilkyWay galaxy or in bitween them, they survived only with what they had onboard.
                              True.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X