Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Season 5, does Earth even have to worry?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Season 5, does Earth even have to worry?

Earth has two (soon to be 4?) of the most powerful warships in the Universe, and the #1 MOST powerful active Warship (Odyssey).

Earth has the Antarctic Defense Platform, and access to a new stockpile of drones ("the Tower"), along with the fact that McKay can power drone weapons with Mk. 2 Naq Generators.

Earth currently has Merlin's Phase-Shifting Technology, that can be modified to phase shift the entire planet. They also have the means to power it with their ZPM(s) and Asgard Power Core(s) ("Road Not Traveled").

One of SG-1's members is on the Council that controls one of the Universe's largest fleets.

Worst case scenario: Daniel ascends and destroys whatever the Wraith can throw at Earth.

or

Jack gets his head sucked and builds a Wraith killing beam that destroys all Wraith in proximity of Earth.

or

Sam builds another time machine.

or

Jack uses their existing PJ time machine.

or

Rodney makes himself into an Ancient again.

or

You beam Ronon and Teal'c onto the Wraith Capital ship.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Well, the wraith beat the Ancient by their overwhelming number. Many of the thing that you listed above are only good as a temporary solutions and a prolonged fight with the wraith will have devestating consequences. Particularly, the wraith can really build up their number and strength by feasting on the rest of the Milky Way galaxy.

Personally, I don't really hope to see the Earth being threatened in S5 of SGA in any bigger way than Midway. I think that would be more of another SG-1 movie territory.
    I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

If the Wraith came to the Milky Way en masse, Earth may not be in danger, but what about the billions of other people in MW?

Also, can Daniel ascend at will? Wouldn't The Others act to stop him from affecting the lower planes with his expanded abilities (even though he would be cleaning up yet another of their messes)?

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
        Earth has two (soon to be 4?) of the most powerful warships in the Universe, and the #1 MOST powerful active Warship (Odyssey).
        That's not so many, isn't it? (in comparison with dozens of very good enemy ships)
        Spoiler:
        BTW: Now, we've got 3 nearly equally equipped ships.

Earth currently has Merlin's Phase-Shifting Technology, that can be modified to phase shift the entire planet. They also have the means to power it with their ZPM(s) and Asgard Power Core(s) ("Road Not Traveled").
        Well, this Merlin's technology was modified in an alternate universe, it's not sure we've already developped it in our universe. And as I know, there is only one ZPM on Earth (Antarctica platform), and another one on Odyssey and I doubt we are able to produce the Asgard cores yet.

One of SG-1's members is on the Council that controls one of the Universe's largest fleets.
        Do you mean Teal'c? Well, the Jaffa are not really reliable, even with Teal'c lobbying for the Tau'ri. And their fleet? Old, surpassed and not organised enough. Now, with the Ori in MW, these days are not good for the Free Jaffa Nation.

Worst case scenario: Daniel ascends and destroys whatever the Wraith can throw at Earth.

or

Jack gets his head sucked and builds a Wraith killing beam that destroys all Wraith in proximity of Earth.

or

or

or

or

Don't be so pesimist! (or optimist??!)

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
          Now, with the Ori in MW, these days are not good for the Free Jaffa Nation.
          Let's just say that the Ori ships would be a good thing if the Wraith came to the MW...

Comment

ori will be dead.

he meant jack oneil. and hammond ofcourse. so thats 2 pro-sg1/atlantis guys[and very experienced]. the oddy is THE ship in existance. see those *******s run!.

i hope S5 will feature the oddy, deady, apollo and
            Spoiler:
            phoenix[if earth]
            togheter kicking wrath butt. with the travvelers ofcourse

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              ori will be dead.
              Yes, but not their ships.
              Spoiler:
              The Ori army would be Earth's most powerful ally in the event of a Wraith attack. That is, if the writers actually want to keep up continuity and not have them completely disappear after having promised to set things right...

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                Yes, but not their ships.
                Spoiler:
                The Ori army would be Earth's most powerful ally in the event of a Wraith attack. That is, if the writers actually want to keep up continuity and not have them completely disappear after having promised to set things right...
                but if they took the ori to help them it not only smush sg1 and sga together it would be no fun because the ori would crush the wraith with ease
                sigpic
                [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Originally posted by The.Road.Not.Taken View Post
                  but if they took the ori to help them it not only smush sg1 and sga together it would be no fun because the ori would crush the wraith with ease
                  Yeah, but I'd rather have that than simply ignoring the fact that, yes, Earth CANNOT fall to the Wraith, because of our technology and our allies.
                  Which is why I think the Wraith simply shouldn't get to Earth. Shift the focus on Todd and Michael and their fight for control of the Pegasus Galaxy, not Earth. Keep the action in Pegasus...Crossovers are welcome, but I'd rather have them be like Daniel, coming to Atlantis, than Midway, with Earth in danger.

Comment

Earth has three, Deadalus, Apollo and the Odyssey. But

Huge deus ex machina there. Besides the "others" would stop him.

Been done before and while I loved Lost City and New Order I think that would be a bad idea.

How the hell would she build one? As far as I know there is no way she would even know how.

The government would never allow it.

He nearly died last time.

That woul be sweet but stopping one ship? Wouldn't help at all not to mention even those two couldn't kill that many Wraith.
                    Last edited by Mitchell82; 24 February 2008, 11:29 AM. Reason: typo
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Earth never has to worry, it's not like the writers are ever going to let the secret of the stargate program out
                      they don't have the guts for it

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                        Earth never has to worry, it's not like the writers are ever going to let the secret of the stargate program out
                        they don't have the guts for it
                        It's not about guts. Revealing the program would wreck the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          Huge ex deux machina there. Besides the "others" would stop him.
                          Deus ex machina...

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            It's not about guts. Revealing the program would wreck the show.
                            no it won't
                            it might make it interesting for the first time in years

I'm just not sure the writers are capable of pulling it off

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                              Deus ex machina...
                              Thanks I couldn't remember the proper phrase.

Comment

Working...
                              X