X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Packaging for Season Three of SGA

Hey All!

I've been one of these people who have sat and watched the forum without actually saying anything, however now I have question that is puzzling me!

I'm based in the UK and have brought the UK DVD's of SGA seasons 1 and 2 and am really impressed with the artwork, however now that season 3 has been released (yes ages ago I know!) I can only find the US packaging for it. Does anyone a) know where I can get UK packaging so it matches the other box sets and b) know why there is only the US packaging here.

Apologies if I have missed this and it has already been spoken about.

the doc

I feel the same way, however I don't think there is a UK style one around, they seem to have switched designs which makes the sets together look rubbish, and is exactly why I haven't bought it yet

Hopefully someone can help

Comment

Sorry, no idea where you can get a UK packaged DVD or even if such a thing exists. I've got to agree though, I much prefer the UK packaging.

Though, in fact, I bought my season 3 DVD from the US as I resent having to pay double for a UK version. Thank God for multi-regional DVD players!
      Last edited by Blencathra; 23 February 2008, 04:31 PM.

Comment

It's a bit stupid isn't it.

Actually, screw that, a LOT stupid. It wasn't so bad when the jokers at TPTB DVD sales screwed up the SG1 boxset continuity, because they were all pretty random anyway, waht with S1 being totally different. But SGA, despite how much I dislike the boxset style they went for, was well thought out, had a lovely spine image, and all looked like they belonged together on a shelf. Now what is there?

The spine image is gone, and the S3 boxset is in total contrast. NUMSKULLS!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
          It's a bit stupid isn't it.

Actually, screw that, a LOT stupid. It wasn't so bad when the jokers at TPTB DVD sales screwed up the SG1 boxset continuity, because they were all pretty random anyway, waht with S1 being totally different. But SGA, despite how much I dislike the boxset style they went for, was well thought out, had a lovely spine image, and all looked like they belonged together on a shelf. Now what is there?

The spine image is gone, and the S3 boxset is in total contrast. NUMSKULLS!
          Tee hee. I'd been looking at the spines too and trying to figure out how many DVD box sets I would need to complete the arch of the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            The spine image is gone, and the S3 boxset is in total contrast.
            Ah good! At least it isn't just me who is upset by this... I'm toying with the idea of designing it myself if it comes down to it... I'm just hoping it doesn't!

Comment

Originally posted by thedoc View Post
              Ah good! At least it isn't just me who is upset by this... I'm toying with the idea of designing it myself if it comes down to it... I'm just hoping it doesn't!
              Basically, I'm willing to just go with the fact that TPTB (DVD sales) are complete idiots. I'm past the point of caring, and will just buy the complete series collection 1-5, or 1-6 whatever when that finally comes out.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X