How to be better allies with Wraith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to be better allies with Wraith

The Asgard could clone their bodies and place their consciousness in them to extend their lives. What if we were to create clones of humans, but not put a consciousness in them. It is not like we would be killing anyone. The bodies would be a blank slate. The clones have very limited brain functionality from what I understand until a consciousness is inserted. Then we just supply the Wraith with these, they no longer have a need to feed on other humans, and we could become allies and focus on
    Spoiler:
    Michael and his brainwashed minions
    as the new bad guys.

I know there have probably been lots of threads with ideas about how to defeat the Wraith or come up with an alternate food source. I just thought I would throw my idea out there.

heres a good solution don't nuke them

Comment

Originally posted by Davesg-43 View Post
      heres a good solution don't nuke them
      That is common sense. We can not nuke them because they will send darts to intercept the nukes. If we try to beam the nukes close enough to do real damage they eventually start blocking the beaming frequency.
      But what does this have to do with cloning blank slate humans?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Soul View Post
        The Asgard could clone their bodies and place their consciousness in them to extend their lives. What if we were to create clones of humans, but not put a consciousness in them. It is not like we would be killing anyone. The bodies would be a blank slate. The clones have very limited brain functionality from what I understand until a consciousness is inserted. Then we just supply the Wraith with these, they no longer have a need to feed on other humans, and we could become allies and focus on
        Spoiler:
        as the new bad guys.

I know there have probably been lots of threads with ideas about how to defeat the Wraith or come up with an alternate food source. I just thought I would throw my idea out there.
        The wraith have shown to have the tech to clone they just choose not to
        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        So whats the worst that could happen?
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

the wraith could'nt care if they have to feed off humans there not going to start making things harder for them by making mass cloning fascilities when they can just harvest human worlds.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
            the wraith could'nt care if they have to feed off humans there not going to start making things harder for them by making mass cloning fascilities when they can just harvest human worlds.
            exactly.. some are just evil

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Soul View Post
              Spoiler:
              as the new bad guys.

The Asgard really couldn't............

Spoiler:
              Being dead and all that.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                The Asgard really couldn't............

Spoiler:
                Being dead and all that.
                Nice. lol

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                  The wraith have shown to have the tech to clone they just choose not to
                  Spoiler:
                  The 'Spoils' facility required 3 ZPMs in order to be fully operational. If these had been depleted during the Lantean war it's unlikely that the Wraith could have cloned enough blank slate humans to keep their entire population fed. Having the technology and having sufficient power to run that technology are two different things.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't know that plan just sounds morally deprived. How would you like to see a clone of your best pal, loved one, family member fed on by a Wraith?

I do think it would be interesting if we were able to become permanent allies with the Wraith. It would also be a lot more impressive to overcome all of the challenges of allying with a race that uses you a food source.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Genius_McKay View Post
                      I don't know that plan just sounds morally deprived. How would you like to see a clone of your best pal, loved one, family member fed on by a Wraith?
                      The Asgard 'blank slate' clones were spare bodies for Asgard to transfer their consciousness to if anything happened to their current bodies. A 'blank slate' human clone would just be a body which looked like someone but -

Spoiler:
                      it wouldn't be a copy of the original in the same way that the Asuran copies of expedition members were.

Wraith cloning technology is designed to mass produce masked warriors (as far as we know at the moment) - even though they don't come across as being highly intelligent they still aren't blank slates.

Asgard 'blank slate' cloning produced Asgard bodies - for all we know, the 'blank slate' condition might have been a planned result of genetic modification. Even if the Tau'ri had the expertise to modify Asgard cloning technology, though, there could still be a power requirement problem when it comes to providing enough food for a lot of Wraith. After all, the Asgard wouldn't have needed as many spare bodies as the Wraith need lunches.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                        The Asgard 'blank slate' clones were spare bodies for Asgard to transfer their consciousness to if anything happened to their current bodies. A 'blank slate' human clone would just be a body which looked like someone but -

Spoiler:
                        it wouldn't be a copy of the original in the same way that the Asuran copies of expedition members were.

Wraith cloning technology is designed to mass produce masked warriors (as far as we know at the moment) - even though they don't come across as being highly intelligent they still aren't blank slates.

Asgard 'blank slate' cloning produced Asgard bodies - for all we know, the 'blank slate' condition might have been a planned result of genetic modification. Even if the Tau'ri had the expertise to modify Asgard cloning technology, though, there could still be a power requirement problem when it comes to providing enough food for a lot of Wraith. After all, the Asgard wouldn't have needed as many spare bodies as the Wraith need lunches.
                        Like you said the Asgard didn't need clone bodies as often as the Wraith seem to need to feed when they are awake.
                        sigpic

Comment

Remember in Chakotay's scorpion story in STAR TREK: Voyager (Scorpion, Part I) about the scorpion climbing a fox's back to cross a river only to drown because he stung the fox midway through? The scorpion said "I couldn't help it- It's my nature!".
                          Same thing with the Wraith. Even if there are a few 'noble' Wraith out there, it's in their nature to feed on us, no matter how much they try not to. Look at Elia and what happened there. She ended up feeding on her 'father' and the Hoffan's serum so far has proven not to much effective if it kills half the human population. I wonder how the writers will resolve this one...
                          sigpic

Jaffa Kree!

Comment

Originally posted by Goauld System Lord View Post
                            Remember in Chakotay's scorpion story in STAR TREK: Voyager (Scorpion, Part I) about the scorpion climbing a fox's back to cross a river only to drown because he stung the fox midway through? The scorpion said "I couldn't help it- It's my nature!".
                            Same thing with the Wraith. Even if there are a few 'noble' Wraith out there, it's in their nature to feed on us, no matter how much they try not to. Look at Elia and what happened there. She ended up feeding on her 'father' and the Hoffan's serum so far has proven not to much effective if it kills half the human population. I wonder how the writers will resolve this one...
                            Yeah this is a good point. I would say that there is no hope for reconciliation with the Wraith. I think if it were as simple as cloning some bodies and letting the Wraith feed on them the Ancients would have solved the conflict a long time ago.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah this is a good point. I would say that there is no hope for reconciliation with the Wraith.
                              It all depends on what TPTB want to do with the Wraith. All we can really say is that it doesn't seem likely at the moment but we don't know what's going to happen in future seasons.

I think if it were as simple as cloning some bodies and letting the Wraith feed on them the Ancients would have solved the conflict a long time ago.
                              Did the Ancients have any cloning technology? They came up with some really bizarre failed weapons, thus ensuring that the Wraith were the 'bad guys' when the Atlantis expedition turned up.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X