Where is the Bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the Bridge?

Hi, on the Daedalus class ships, I know the bridge isn´t in the very front of the ship, but is it in the middle of the ship or in the back?
    sigpicDr.Bj�rn ��r J�nsson

ATA gene natural carrier.

thats kinda up in the air... In "Allies it is shown behind the missile silos but in "Unending" it is shown in the back by the comm tower...

Comment

Originally posted by Milleniumlance View Post
      thats kinda up in the air... In "Allies it is shown behind the missile silos but in "Unending" it is shown in the back by the comm tower...
      different ship different area

Comment

Originally posted by Milleniumlance View Post
        Originally posted by Davesg-43 View Post
        different ship different area

Not necessarily...because they are the same model...they should be in the same place...

As is the case with any US Navy ships, that are the same model, everything is in the same place, that is why they have model numbers, so that each one is a cookie cutter of its brethren

Comment

i think its in the sleightly raised raised bit in the back

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
          Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
            i think its in the sleightly raised raised bit in the back
            nope, in AOT we get a good shot of the bridge of the Odyssey, it's in the middle, just before that "plate" that covers tha back.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
              nope, in AOT we get a good shot of the bridge of the Odyssey, it's in the middle, just before that "plate" that covers tha back.
              But also in Ark of Truth, when they go through the Supergate, they don't show the bridge crew dematerializing until the tower crosses the event horizon.

I am certain that on the Daedalus the bridge is in the middle, but its location on the Odyssey is still a little questionable.
              One could suggest that they decided the tower was a better place (sitting duck, anyone) and moved it on the Odyssey, and possibly the Apollo.

Any clear evidence where the bridge is on the Apollo?

Comment

I'm pretty sure this was debated heavily in another thread. It even had side by side pics looking out the bridge window of Daedalus compaired to Odyssey.
                sigpic

Comment

The bridge is supposed to be in the center but due to CG and creative differences, sometimes it's placed on that tower which is totally wrong. The tower is where that engineering room that Hermoid used to be in.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                    The bridge is supposed to be in the center but due to CG and creative differences, sometimes it's placed on that tower which is totally wrong. The tower is where that engineering room that Hermoid used to be in.

Vala,
                    Thanks Vala, using your explanation and one of my screenshots I've made a visual of where the two bridge locations are. Bridge Location #1 is supposed to be the true location while the Bridge Location #2 is the engineering tower that has been used as the bridge in a few shots.
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Genius_McKay View Post
                      Thanks Vala, using your explanation and one of my screenshots I've made a visual of where the two bridge locations are. Bridge Location #1 is supposed to be the true location while the Bridge Location #2 is the engineering tower that has been used as the bridge in a few shots.
                      in real life the bridge would be deep inside the ship, protected by al ot of armour, and is it just me or does the forward "hump" on an aurora obscure the forward view from teh bridge?

Comment

Also in this screenshot I took just as Daedalus is dropping out of hyperspace you can clearly see out the bridge viewport the centerline location of bridge.
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

in real life the bridge would be deep inside the ship, protected by al ot of armour, and is it just me or does the forward "hump" on an aurora obscure the forward view from teh bridge?

While I can't dispute having the bridge more protected would be better, I think that the fact that the Tau'ri don't have advanced visual sensor tech at the time they made the ships which can replace actually seeing what is out there in front of you. Both the Asgard and Ancients did seem to have that. Battlefield awareness is still a major plus even if you only get to see what is straight ahead. Just think of trying to run the ship off of sensors alone. Even the Goa'uld have a viewport.

I agree I think the hump would partially obscure the view from the bridge.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Genius_McKay View Post
                            While I can't dispute having the bridge more protected would be better, I think that the fact that the Tau'ri don't have advanced visual sensor tech at the time they made the ships which can replace actually seeing what is out there in front of you. Both the Asgard and Ancients did seem to have that. Battlefield awareness is still a major plus even if you only get to see what is straight ahead. Just think of trying to run the ship off of sensors alone. Even the Goa'uld have a viewport.

I agree I think the hump would partially obscure the view from the bridge.
                            There these little things that practicaly very household has called video cameras

Comment

There these little things that practicaly very household has called video cameras
                              I wonder how many wide angle lenses they would need to get a cool 360 panoramic view of the outside of the ship. Yeah you could design a pretty cool external monitoring system. Somehow I don't think it would be as awesome as what the Asgard have though.

Anyways I'm not saying it isn't a possibility. They could fly the ship from deep inside without seeing what is around them. After all submarines operate without any windows.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X