Wraith Beam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Beam?

I don't recall being told, but does anyone know what the blue beam is in this pic?

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/1...s247%5F78.html

Its part of the culling, further than that does anyone know?

Originally posted by XFire View Post
    I don't recall being told, but does anyone know what the blue beam is in this pic?

it was never explain really it just somthing that was there the crew were puzzled by it but then they just forgot bout it
    sigpic
    [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Oh yeah, I remember that, I was hoping at the time it would be explained in a later episode but it wasn't that I know of. It didn't appear to be a large scale version of the beams used by the darts because it was locate continuosly in one spot, while they used darts at the same time. It wasn't meant to annihilate the village as that would have killed all of the potential feasts they were culling. It is a mystery.
      sigpic

Comment

To beam up large sections of a village? Probably from a Hive or cruiser in orbit. We should probably assume that more than darts have this beaming tech.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
          To beam up large sections of a village? Probably from a Hive or cruiser in orbit. We should probably assume that more than darts have this beaming tech.
          so this could be somthing like the hives beaming technology a stronger version of the darts beaming technology

we saw a drawing of the hives beaming people up in rising in the caves so it could be that
          sigpic
          [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

maybe they were feeding the hive ship, sucking the energy of the planent to boost the power supply of the ship, considering it was just about to attack atlantis.

It would make sense, since we havnt seen a wraith powercore yet for a hive ship, what if like the wraith, the ship needs to feed on planet energy to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergateship1 View Post
              maybe they were feeding the hive ship, sucking the energy of the planent to boost the power supply of the ship, considering it was just about to attack atlantis.

It would make sense, since we havnt seen a wraith powercore yet for a hive ship, what if like the wraith, the ship needs to feed on planet energy to work.
              That would actually make sense... its a power plug esque thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergateship1 View Post

I really like that idea. So your saying the beam is sucking power out of the planet itself? Cool idea. After all, the Wraith have to power their ships somehow. It wouldn't surprise me that they suck planets dry to feed their ships like they suck humans dry to feed themselves.
                sigpic

Comment

They did actually explain about the beam. If you rewatch The Gift from season 1 when Bates is talking about the planet they had to evacuate he says they dropped something by the gate. Sheppard says they have seen it before that they are tagging the planet. So it is most likely a beacon the wraith use to tell other wraith to leave the planet alone for a while because they have just been called and they need to get the population back up.
                  sigpic

Comment

isnt that how they tag the planet. in season 1 when they were building there first alpha site didnt bates say something bout a beam and shep said there tagging the planet and hes seen it before

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

he did say that but he didnt get confirm his idea for what it was he couldnt get close enough

i like the idea about it sucking the planets energy but im more thinking it could be some kinda transporter to transport people up and soildiers down to the planet.

if it was some kind of tag for the planet its a bit vulnerable and surely they could just put a beacon without the light coming out of it to show the inhabitants were it is.

we may never know though
                      if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Originally posted by XFire View Post

wraith special FX to impress & petrify their victims, thus making them easier to catch

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
                          he did say that but he didnt get confirm his idea for what it was he couldnt get close enough

i like the idea about it sucking the planets energy but im more thinking it could be some kinda transporter to transport people up and soildiers down to the planet.

if it was some kind of tag for the planet its a bit vulnerable and surely they could just put a beacon without the light coming out of it to show the inhabitants were it is.

we may never know though
                          most likely

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                          Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by padr49904 View Post
                            They did actually explain about the beam. If you rewatch The Gift from season 1 when Bates is talking about the planet they had to evacuate he says they dropped something by the gate. Sheppard says they have seen it before that they are tagging the planet. So it is most likely a beacon the wraith use to tell other wraith to leave the planet alone for a while because they have just been called and they need to get the population back up.
                            I don't think it takes a huge beam of continuos stream, which seemed like it was going for hours to tag a planet. Not to mention Shep acted totally puzzled in the episode as to what it would be.

I think the planet sucker idea fits well, but so would a matter conveyor that sends troops back and forth to the surface, kind of a low-tech solution to beaming.
                            sigpic

Comment

I said that in the gift he knew what it was after Bates came back and said there was one on the back up planet.

But why would it suck the planet all it would do was make less planets where humans could live and the food supply would go down even more. All it would be doing is hurting them in the long run.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X