This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More SG1 crossovers!!!

I love SG1 but come on enough of the SG1 characters crossing over to Atlantis! now it looks like Daniel Jackson will cross over in season 5 for a couple of episodes. I mean don't mind crossovers if they're done properly but it just seems like TPTB are trying to do SG1 in Atlantis!!!!

they might as well bring back Teal'C and Carter in the same ep and tell the Atlantis crew to take the week off!!!

*Head explodes*

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      *Head explodes*
      I second this
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

When the idea of an Atlantis SG-1 crossover comes up I have but one thought.

Two hour TV movie involving both crews, galaxies, locations, all that. I was a bit peeved that "The Pegasus Project" wasnt longer or better. If you're going to do a cross-over, you may as well make it a big one.

Comment

Originally posted by Killjoy_Zero View Post
          When the idea of an Atlantis SG-1 crossover comes up I have but one thought.

Two hour TV movie involving both crews, galaxies, locations, all that. I was a bit peeved that "The Pegasus Project" wasnt longer or better. If you're going to do a cross-over, you may as well make it a big one.
          I thought TPP was pretty big in scope. Yes I would have liked it to have been a 2 parter or a movie and have both teams in their entirety working together, but come on TPP is so awesome. I still squeal with joy every time the toilet ship gets mangled by the kawoosh. and the line "We just blew up an Ori mothership by blowing up a wraith hive ship" is so satisfying. While it could have been bigger, TPP was certainly big enough.

Perfecto!

Comment

Oh no, more crossovers from another show that the vast majority of us love! Oh, the humanity!

Seriously, just give it a [mod snip] break with all these anti-Atlantis+SG1 posts. I mean, I get it that you don't want SG1 characters overshadowing the Atlantis ones, but that's not what they're doing. Every time an SG1 character has been on Atlantis they have been nothing more than a supporting character.

I personally can't wait to see Daniel on Atlantis. Should be a great 2 episodes.
            Last edited by TameFarrar; 23 February 2008, 05:30 PM. Reason: we have filters for a reason
            Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

hmm im split, i like daniel, and sam, teal'c and cameron, but they can't just shove them in every season: season 1 half way through we got sam carter (fine that was only a little bit). season 2 we got sam again. season 3 we got Richard Dean Anderson for 3 episodes, including the mid season 2 parter, and season 4 we've had sam on a permeant basis and teal'c guest starring in 2 different episodes.
              Stargate Atlantis IS a different show than SG1, i didn't mind bringing sam in after they made the mistake of gubbing Torri up, but that was only because it was a permeant position (for that season),
              and now season 5 has Daniel AND Sam guest starring in episodes, im just not getting the same joy of watching it anymore

www.bebo.com/4stargate-atlantis4

Comment

Hmm. I understand your point, but I don't personally feel that they've crossed-over too much. If it were 7+ episodes, I'd share the sentiment, but it'd almost be unrealistic to have nothing. If take a step back from just SGA and look at the franchise, or the universe, as a whole, it's really one giant story. As long as it makes sense and is compelling I'm all for it. However, your argument is definitely valid!

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  *Head explodes*
                  Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  I second this
                  Ditto.
                  sigpic

Comment

Other than Pegasus Project, there haven't really been any cross overs. I wouldn't call using a character originally from SG-1 to move the story forward a 'cross over' as such, and to be honest, if they weren't making any appearances there'd be people complaining about that too...

Comment

if they all did a cross over but this time it was actually in the sga show it would be wkd to see the two teams fighting side b side
                      sigpic
                      [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

I think its been good soo far. Daniel and Jack for like 3 minutes in the pilot, Same for a 2 second cameo in s1, Jack for a 2 parter in s3, Sam in s4 (didnt step on anyones toes the whole time), same in s5 alittle and a 2 parter with Daniel. Id be suprised if by episode a hundred we have 20-25 episodes with sg1 guest stars in them. And its not like any of them stole the spotlight (even in the return 1&2)

Comment

It gets tiring having to use Teal'c, Daniel, Carter, Jack, etc., to come to SGA to boost its ratings.

I want SGA to stand on its own, with its own unique cast of characters. Unfortunately TPTB keep killing off SGA characters for "shock value" and keep popping in characters from a long gone sister show. It doesn't work for me. They need to develop the characters they have and stop using SG1 characters and scripts.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                            It gets tiring having to use Teal'c, Daniel, Carter, Jack, etc., to come to SGA to boost its ratings.

I want SGA to stand on its own, with its own unique cast of characters. Unfortunately TPTB keep killing off SGA characters for "shock value" and keep popping in characters from a long gone sister show. It doesn't work for me. They need to develop the characters they have and stop using SG1 characters and scripts.
                            its not tiring i think its good to know that the charatchers are still there
                            sigpic
                            [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post

Or instead of being negative you could say that its nice to have characters from the parent show step in now and then for a little ratings boost so we can have a little extra ratings oomph now and then so we can continue enjoying our sga characters who are always gonna be here.

It is pandering to sg1 fans and it is pandering to the ratings devils at the company, but if it helps cement the show i say sure! Give us a sg1 guest spot now and then.

O and btw all of sg1 one has not been to atlantis at the same time even once.

Comment

Working...
                              X