PDA

View Full Version : Any new ships in season 5

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 21st, 2008, 08:11 AM
right i really wanna know your opinions one this because i really would like to see a new new ship in season 5 i know theres a ship in season 4 the phoenix but i was hoping we could find a ship which is not earth made and they actually keep it this time

wat do you think

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 21st, 2008, 08:22 AM
New ships would indeed be nice to see. Things that I would like to see:
*Wraith Warships, something really geared towards fighting Lantean Aurora's rather then continue to rely on the carrier/colony Hive-ships
*Wraith Scoutship that was heard about in "Aurora", I know quite a few places say that the Hive Queen's transport in "Allies" was the scoutship but the MGM website shows concept art for a bat winged Wraith vessel labelled as the Scoutship so I would like to see that.
*A few more Lantean ship designs like that new engine configuration ship seen in "Progeny" 'dream' sequence that showed the purge of Asuras.
*Perhaps another Traveler starship and more importantly, if the Travelers use fighters. I would think they would for a nomadic race and they can use those funky red energy bolts that they use on their ships and infantry weapons.

colin15watt
February 21st, 2008, 08:56 AM
the new ship in season 4 is the Apollo, and it was introduced in the season 3 finale :beckett:
yeah, one commanded by cam or sam would be cool!!! :cameron: :sam:
although, i would like atlantis to have their own ship.....

but still either would be cool :beckett:

:cameron:
www.bebo.com/4stargate-atlantis4
:sheppard:

wise one
February 21st, 2008, 09:17 AM
a transport ship mentioned in before i sleep but they were shot down by wraith

leaves me wondering how would they of got to atlantis if it was at the bottom of the ocean

they could use that ship for transporting things back to earth and atlantis. it has cloaking capabilities as mentioned by janus

Zar_wolf
February 21st, 2008, 09:25 AM
I would personally like to see more of the ships from other fractions in the series than Earth. Such as:

The Wraith Supply Ship: The crashed wreckage of one was in "The Defiant One", but we haven't seen one since McKay offered his theory that they were a discontinued model.
Lantean Cruiser: More of them, the ones from "Lifeline" and "This Mortal Coil". I think we should've seen some in "Be all My Sins Remember'd" too.
Lantean Transport Ship: Like the one mentioned in "Before I Sleep".
More Travelers Ships: Warships maybe, larger ones designed for combat?
Higher Power Wraith Hive: Ones that can now stand up against the Deadulus or Apollo.
Alteran City Ship: The ship that blew up out of the Ori mountain in Ark of Truth.

Freekzilla
February 21st, 2008, 09:27 AM
I'd like to see a few different ships brought into the mix. Something different from all the players. It would kinda make things new again in a way, as in, they wouldn't know the enemy's new ship's capabilities, the enemy wouldn't know ours really. Plus, if we got a new ship, I'd hope it would be something much smaller, say Al'Kesh sized, instead of all those cookie cutter 304's that are really just GP ships, (GP as in General Purpose.) Maybe they could convert a captured Al'Kesh and refit it with Asgard tech. Would make for a VERY useful ship to have. The Wraith need a newer, smaller ship not unlike the cruisers, but quicker and more agile while just as heavily armed.

Maybe earth builds a modest sized cargo ship to ferry supplies so they don't need to rely on the bigger, more expensive to operate 304 class, especially since midway is now gone.

reddevil18
February 21st, 2008, 09:52 AM
the new ship in season 4 is the Apollo, and it was introduced in the season 3 finale :beckett:

www.bebo.com/4stargate-atlantis4

No, the NEW ship, as in NOT introduced in season 3, is the Phoenix. But it might very well be from an alternate timeline/future...We still know very little about it. We'll see in the season finale.

Myles
February 21st, 2008, 10:53 AM
No, the NEW ship, as in NOT introduced in season 3, is the Phoenix. But it might very well be from an alternate timeline/future...We still know very little about it. We'll see in the season finale.

Yea, I don't think the Phoenix will be sticking with us, but who knows.

Cynycal
February 21st, 2008, 11:49 AM
I'd like to see a few different ships brought into the mix. Something different from all the players. It would kinda make things new again in a way, as in, they wouldn't know the enemy's new ship's capabilities, the enemy wouldn't know ours really. Plus, if we got a new ship, I'd hope it would be something much smaller, say Al'Kesh sized, instead of all those cookie cutter 304's that are really just GP ships, (GP as in General Purpose.) Maybe they could convert a captured Al'Kesh and refit it with Asgard tech. Would make for a VERY useful ship to have. The Wraith need a newer, smaller ship not unlike the cruisers, but quicker and more agile while just as heavily armed.

Maybe earth builds a modest sized cargo ship to ferry supplies so they don't need to rely on the bigger, more expensive to operate 304 class, especially since midway is now gone.

that is an interesting idea, plus the wraith wouldn't know who it was if it was seen in pegasus, or would anybody really..maybe slap one of those stargates floating between the galaxies on it (if we're not gonna build another midway), put a cloaking device on there (if possible?) and use it as a stealth base of operations in times of emergency (keep it in orbit around a planet without an enviroment suitable for life...etc...) also be interesting if they could fit a single puddlejumper in there, though I don't know if they'd be that big I suppose it could be expanded a bit

Professor Chaos
February 21st, 2008, 11:06 PM
What I think would be really cool is if they find an ancient (not the race) Asgard ship adrift in space. It would still be advanced in comparison to Wraith or Goa'uld ships and well worth salvaging. They could make repairs/upgrades and station it at Atlantis 24/7.

I think it would be a cool thing to have and definitely alot more unique than a 304.

Tupopoflungo
February 22nd, 2008, 02:16 AM

www.bebo.com/4stargate-atlantis4 (http://www.bebo.com/4stargate-atlantis4)

I'm pretty sure atlantis does have it's own ship don't they....

I'm pretty sure it's called....ATLANTIS.

:lol:

pie eater general
February 22nd, 2008, 02:59 AM
i would like to see ships that look a bit more... well, interesting. as in, not just more lantean-styled tech, something with a bit more pizazz...

i have always thought that goa'uld hataks look damned cool because they are really rather unusual looking. i would like to see that sort of creativity again.

thekillman
February 22nd, 2008, 07:13 AM
i would love to see a new type of lantean ships, or an aurora actually being kept by atlantis, being stationed there, and having some asgard beam weapons[attached later], and it gets asgard beam tech, and then they have a lovely ship

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 22nd, 2008, 08:37 AM
i would love to see a new type of lantean ships, or an aurora actually being kept by atlantis, being stationed there, and having some asgard beam weapons[attached later], and it gets asgard beam tech, and then they have a lovely ship

that would be cool 2 see and asgard upgraded aurora class ship named the bob

lol i'm kidding on the last bit

ashman2
February 23rd, 2008, 10:02 AM
a transport ship mentioned in before i sleep but they were shot down by wraith

leaves me wondering how would they of got to atlantis if it was at the bottom of the ocean

they could use that ship for transporting things back to earth and atlantis. it has cloaking capabilities as mentioned by janus

I have always wanted to see an Ancient Transport ship. I guess they could get it to go under water by keeping the shields up and just going straight into the water. The Puddle Jumper in Grace Under Pressure was able to go much deeper by turning the cloak into a shield. I always thought it would be quite good to get a Transport ship and then get it to be used specifically for going back and forth between Pegasus and Milky way, because then it would still exist, and the producers wouldn't have to spend a fortune using two different space ship sets, although I'm guessing they could reuse a lot of hte Atlantis sets for the interior of the ship.

They could make repairs/upgrades and station it at Atlantis 24/7.

As much as I am definitely up for that, inevitably/invariably you would get people complaining about the show becoming more like Deep Space 9 and the Defiant.

Personally I want another ship, even if it is an Aurora class ship with no shields, so it basically becomes an intergalactic ferry. You know what, I don't want a new ship, I want the ship that already exists and has been forgotten; the Tria.

Professor Chaos
February 23rd, 2008, 11:50 AM
As much as I am definitely up for that, inevitably/invariably you would get people complaining about the show becoming more like Deep Space 9 and the Defiant.Yea, that's probably the only reason they haven't done it already. It would definitely be cool, but people are bound to whine.

Platschu
February 24th, 2008, 08:28 AM
I think we don't need new Earth ships. They should create new ships for the new race(s).

irn/bru
February 24th, 2008, 08:31 AM
the defiant wiz a cool little ship

irn/bru
February 24th, 2008, 08:37 AM
what about a super 304 like 3 or 4 times the standerd one

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 24th, 2008, 09:05 AM
what about a super 304 like 3 or 4 times the standerd one

lol how do u mean 3 or 4 times bigger in size or firepower

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 24th, 2008, 01:13 PM
A new ship for the Expedition would suck especially a super ship... I mean how much more powerful must Earth get?

Dr.Jonsson
February 24th, 2008, 01:59 PM
right i really wanna know your opinions one this because i really would like to see a new new ship in season 5 i know theres a ship in season 4 the phoenix but i was hoping we could find a ship which is not earth made and they actually keep it this time

wat do you think

There´s going to be another ship in season 4? The Phoenix? Will it be a Daedalus class?

jonos101
February 25th, 2008, 01:18 AM
There´s going to be another ship in season 4? The Phoenix? Will it be a Daedalus class?

yeh or an upgraded one but definatly a 304

ijffdrie
February 25th, 2008, 02:22 AM
what about that grace vessel
or a rebel nox vessel wreaking havoc in pegasus

Mardius
February 25th, 2008, 01:43 PM
*cough* Furlings *cough*

i believe the Phoenix is going to be the first 304 built with the new tech, not upgraded

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 25th, 2008, 02:00 PM
There should be new ships for the new race, unless they're going to be landbound. Hope they're interesting (the ships, but the race too).

Gibsnag
February 26th, 2008, 01:24 AM
I would quite like a cargo ship with intergalactic capabilities to be introduced. I don't like how they seem to use Battlecruisers for basic transport duties between Atlantis and Earth. Leave one 304 in Pegasus and have a small-ish transport cruiser ferry people and goods between Atlantis and Earth.

I'd much rather have that than a new "super" 304 or some other fanwank.

jrd231
February 26th, 2008, 06:10 AM
I would personally like to see more of the ships from other fractions in the series than Earth. Such as:

The Wraith Supply Ship: The crashed wreckage of one was in "The Defiant One", but we haven't seen one since McKay offered his theory that they were a discontinued model.
Lantean Cruiser: More of them, the ones from "Lifeline" and "This Mortal Coil". I think we should've seen some in "Be all My Sins Remember'd" too.
Lantean Transport Ship: Like the one mentioned in "Before I Sleep".
More Travelers Ships: Warships maybe, larger ones designed for combat?
Higher Power Wraith Hive: Ones that can now stand up against the Deadulus or Apollo.
Alteran City Ship: The ship that blew up out of the Ori mountain in Ark of Truth.

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD - SPOILER TAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ZOMG1111ONE.

Thank You for ruining part of Ark Of Truth for me, lousy SOB.

jrd231
February 26th, 2008, 06:13 AM

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT PEOPLE!!!

EVER HEAR OF SPOILER TAGS?

I quit.

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 26th, 2008, 08:10 AM

I quit.

you quit wat gateworld???

FN-P90
February 29th, 2008, 02:39 PM

I quit.

Dude its not that big of a deal

wraith form Replicator
February 29th, 2008, 09:45 PM
lol how do u mean 3 or 4 times bigger in size or firepower

Hell ya earth ships are way smaller then other ships, bigger may not be better but it would make a cool CGI shot.

xenomorph1211
February 29th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Now that the Ori have been delt with in AoT, I'd like to see Earth getting to keep a few Ori motherships, and seeing them used in Atlantis. Ori ships vs. Wraith!!

What does everyone think?

VSHARMA
March 1st, 2008, 12:11 AM
^^^Na..............I rather see the last Asgard 'Gift' to the Tau'ri. 2 O'Neil Class Ship sent to the Pegasus Galaxy using a automatic guiding systems to help us against the fight with the Wraith.

Rather see the Wraith with Ori Ships!!!!

xenomorph1211
March 1st, 2008, 02:17 AM
...2 O'Neil Class Ship sent to the Pegasus Galaxy using a automatic guiding systems to help us against the fight with the Wraith.

Hmm that would be cool, too. The O'Neill (2 L's :jack:)class ships would be effective against unshielded Waith ships, but unless they had beams added, they wouldn't last long against Asuran ships. (Ancient shields should be similar to Ori, and an O'Neill class couldn't hurt an Ori ship).

thekillman
March 1st, 2008, 05:26 AM
new traveller ships :D

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 1st, 2008, 06:49 AM
new traveller ships :D

;o i never thought of a new traverler ship!!! woooo!! there should be different types!

FN-P90
March 1st, 2008, 08:23 AM
I know this may not happen but i'd like to see a 305 in the 5th season

jonos101
March 1st, 2008, 05:40 PM
I know this may not happen but i'd like to see a 305 in the 5th season

yeh, a frigate or destoyer

xenomorph1211
March 1st, 2008, 09:36 PM
yeh, a frigate or destoyer

Wouldn't you classify a BC(Battlecruiser)304 as a destroyer? (I have no knowedge in such things). If they made a 305, I'd like to see a bigger ship, not the tiny Earth ships. I'd like to see more than 2 Asgard beams on it, I'd like to see them spread through the ship, and replace missles with drones.

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 2nd, 2008, 04:59 AM
Wouldn't you classify a BC(Battlecruiser)304 as a destroyer? (I have no knowedge in such things). If they made a 305, I'd like to see a bigger ship, not the tiny Earth ships. I'd like to see more than 2 Asgard beams on it, I'd like to see them spread through the ship, and replace missles with drones.

how would they get the drones though they cant build them

xenomorph1211
March 2nd, 2008, 12:21 PM
how would they get the drones though they cant build them

I dunno, but I think it's stupid the Anceints didn't leave instructions how to build ZPMs or drones. Or that they haven't come across a drone/ZPM factroy planet/

caesar_sg1
August 31st, 2008, 09:31 PM
it would be cool if there was a new ship in the

episode with daniel jackson where they might find schematics for a new ship in a lab or a ancient cruiser or an asgard ship. the possibilities are endless with a time traveler

caesar_sg1
August 31st, 2008, 09:39 PM
I dunno, but I think it's stupid the Anceints didn't leave instructions how to build ZPMs or drones. Or that they haven't come across a drone/ZPM factroy planet/

a large automated factory would be nice

maybe that will be in a movie if they have one

that factory would end the war with the wraith if they find it

imagine

tons of auroras, cruisers 10 times as many drones as in the "lost city"
and zpms

it would be taking candy away from a baby

jonos101
September 2nd, 2008, 08:36 PM
a large automated factory would be nice

maybe that will be in a movie if they have one

that factory would end the war with the wraith if they find it

imagine

tons of auroras, cruisers 10 times as many drones as in the "lost city"
and zpms

it would be taking candy away from a baby

It would also take the point out of the show. ;)

Xeon_1
September 4th, 2008, 07:07 AM
It would also take the point out of the show. ;)
That is the point the show ends this season.
And then in the sga movie they can bring atlantis back to earth.
And then some engineers can take a look at atlantis and reverse engineer it considering the smartes person mckay is stupid enough to forget everything he does.

Jumper_One
September 4th, 2008, 10:50 AM
That is the point the show ends this season.
And then in the sga movie they can bring atlantis back to earth.

I doubt it

And then some engineers can take a look at atlantis and reverse engineer it considering the smartes person mckay is stupid enough to forget everything he does.

Sam's the smartest person, not Rodney ;)

Arturis
September 6th, 2008, 02:05 AM
I doubt it

Sam's the smartest person, not Rodney ;)

Yeah, Sam's actually WAAAAY smarter than McKay.