korelev wtf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

korelev wtf

as most of you know by now at the end of season nine we had korelev which was a damn fine ship and very brave but i got 1 qeustion if we can role out a daedalus class ship every year or so how come korelev apeared about 5 episodes after odysey had just completed contruction and was space worthy and ready to be put into a fight (i know they said it wasnt complete but still) surely if we can get a ship into that kinda condition in about 2 or 3 months surely we could role one out every 6 months i mean a year is fair enough and i agree with it but still i mean wtf in so many ways??

anyone got any snarde remarks apart from its what the writers said happened.

long live korelev and daedalus
    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

They gave plans to the russains in order to get their stargate.
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

the only 2 things that makes sense to me are:

A) they have 2 construction slips at whatever shipyard or

B) they have 2 shipyards building 1 ship at a time
      That's the plan?!? That's the plan. That plan sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
        as most of you know by now at the end of season nine we had korelev which was a damn fine ship and very brave but i got 1 qeustion if we can role out a daedalus class ship every year or so how come korelev apeared about 5 episodes after odysey had just completed contruction and was space worthy and ready to be put into a fight (i know they said it wasnt complete but still) surely if we can get a ship into that kinda condition in about 2 or 3 months surely we could role one out every 6 months i mean a year is fair enough and i agree with it but still i mean wtf in so many ways??

I have a snarde? remark, grammer is your friend!

As far as the completion time, I was under the impression it took about 6-9 months or more and was only rolled out about 3 months early. As far as completing other Deadalus class ships that quick, I don't think it's economically pheasable. Surely it cost millions of EXTRA dollars to rush the completion of the Korelev, and those ships already probably cost close to a billion dollars. I think it would just cost way to much with our current infrastructure.

Of course the real answer is it takes as long as TPTB wants it to take and if they need a ship early then they'll make up an excuse to why it showed up all of a sudden. But the real world answers aren't as fun

Comment

I think they said they made 2 every 6-7 months. Daedalus - Korelov, Odyssey - Apollo.

There should be more out now. Its been a year or two since the last 304 was built.
          Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
            I think they said they made 2 every 6-7 months. Daedalus - Korelov, Odyssey - Apollo.

There should be more out now. Its been a year or two since the last 304 was built.
            The last one that was built was the apollo at the end of seasons 10/3. At the end of Atlantis 4 we get the Phoenix
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TDgamer View Post
              The last one that was built was the apollo at the end of seasons 10/3. At the end of Atlantis 4 we get the Phoenix

True, but remember TLM IS:

TLM SPOILERS:
              Spoiler:
              A Time Travel episode, and it does not mean that the apollo will be from this time, it could be a long future ship...

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post

Spoiler:
                it was blown up in the s9 finale
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  it was blown up in the s9 finale
                  It was a fantastic battle though
                  Best quotes ever:
                  O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                  Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                  Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                  Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                  Thor:I like the yellow ones
                  O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

The thing to remember is, the introduction of a new 304 class ship is more complex than simply making a car or something. My take on it is this:

1.) It takes 6 months to build the ship.
                    2.) 3 months to supply the ship AND configure/adjust things IE computers, engines etc.
                    3.) And then finally 3 months worth of shakedown time where they test all aspects of the ship to insure it's properly functioning.

Viola, one year time frame for production.

But, in the Korolev's situation, things were a little different.
                    1.) Stocking the ship with supplies wasn't very important to the extent for previous roll outs as they knew they'd only need the ship for an immediate threat. After the battle, they could have planned to go back to earth to finish work on it.
                    2.) They ignored the shake down cruise and sent it into battle right away.
                    3.) Rushed the construction as fast as possible.
                    4.) Probably pre-configured computers and other stuff before installing it in the ship to known working conditions, though, they may not have been perfectly suited for that particular ship, they'd still work fine. With something THAT complex, even identical ships will have slightly different characteristics for power use, gravity, air flow for life support, etc. But, there would be a range in the configuration where the ship will function, just not as perfectly as it could if the ship had been shaken down and had it's systems tweaked.

If all that happened, then it's very plausible that a ship could be produced every 5-6 months if they REALLY had to. It's also possible that with the production of two previous ships, they got "the hang of it" so to speak, maybe even learning a few tips and tricks from earlier experience that sped the production up faster later on. Though, I think they should have made the ship look or atleast have someone say that parts of the ship were not finished yet. That could also explain why the Korolev was destroyed and the Odyssey survived, atleast as a contributing factor. Hmmm, could be?
                    Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                    Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Hehe.

And you all knew that because it was a Russian ship, it was toast on arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                        Hehe.

And you all knew that because it was a Russian ship, it was toast on arrival.
                        He he he, they should have painted a giant red shirt on the ship, cause we all knew what was going to happen to it eventually.
                        Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                        Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Okay the math says the SGC can build a 304 in 2 years. apparently there is two construction docks with each one overlapping the other so every year one new ship rolls off the assembly line.

Before anyone questions the 2 year time frame, it currently takes 4 years to build a vessel half the size of a 304(The largest nuclear aircraft carrier is only 300 meters long). Military building can rapidly speed that up but only so far and at very great cost in labor. Also building a 304 is far mer expensive as you are using harder materials and they need to be put into place very exactly.

So one new ship a year. The promethous was built and tested, then the asgard gave us new engines and the daedulas was built. Half way through the daedulas the Odyssy was started. The odyssey was only Operational a couple of months when Camelot occurred. The Korelv was given to the Russian's as part of the stargate loan negotiations. It was launched several months early to get more ships to the battle of the spacegate.

The apollo followed on track a little over a year after the launch of the korelv.

By the end of Season 4 a new ship should appear, most likely with higher amounts of asgard tech.

This is supported by the facts that when the ships launched and when they recieved various pieces of upgrades. As well as The comments made during camelot.

Comment

TLM SPOILERS:
                            Spoiler:
                            A Time Travel episode, and it does not mean that the apollo will be from this time, it could be a long future ship...
                            [/QUOTE]

ok now wtf are you on about makes no sense
                            if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

result of the funding change that Military Appropriations enacted at the beginning of season nine of SG-1, where 70% of the SGC funding is transferred to 304 production

i know the time was cut short for the korolev but thats why we can produce them faster now

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X