This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robotech Question

In the Robotech universe, there are the Zentraedi, a giant race developed by the Robotech Masters, who were designed to the be warriors of the Masters. They invaded Earth after one of their fortresses and Protoculture factories crashed into Earth. Years later, after the Zentraedi assimilated intor Earth culture, etc., the Masters came to Earth looking for their property. Another war ensued. After the Masters were defeated, years later, the Invid, another alien species came to Earth to start another war.

A few websites list another alien species called the "Marduk". Does anyone know who the Marduk are and how they fit into the Robotech timeline? Also, were there any other alien species that existed that I didn't mention?

Does anyone like/remember Robotech?

The Marduk were a race that lived on a planet near the home of the Masters. One of the Master race's top scientists, found the protoculture on thier planet. Or atleast, thats how I think it goes. Been a long time since I've seen the series.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
      The Marduk were a race that lived on a planet near the home of the Masters. One of the Master race's top scientists, found the protoculture on thier planet. Or atleast, thats how I think it goes. Been a long time since I've seen the series.
      Thanks, man. Do you know anything else about them? Description and tech level? Were they equal to, more advanced than, or less advanced than the Zentraedi and Masters? I thought the Protoculture Flower of Life came from the Invid?

Comment

Marduk was a Race/person(can't quite remember which) that used there music to Control a fleet of Zentraedi (Although the fleet seems to be only a couple thousand of ships instead of around 4 million). The technology is about on par with with the ones that they fought with in the original series (There really is no technological advancement with the Zentraedi there tech is thousands of years old as it is and they aren't meant for inventing new stuff). The Marduk do seem to have a somewhat more advanced technology but not by much. This comes from a 6 part OVA called Macross II. Considering the entire event never really occurd in the offical Macross timeline it doesn't really count overall.

Robotech is really made up of three differn't Series

Super Dimensional Fortress: Macross
        Super Dimensional Calvery: Southern Cross
        and Genesis Climber Mospeda

In the real story for Macross. Thousands of years ago protoculture split into two groups. They both created large soldiers to fight in wars against each other The Zentraedi who they encounter and the Supervision Army. The SDF-1 was a ship of the Supervision Army. The Reason the Zentraedi wanted the ship so bad is it's Main Guns weapon system (Reaction Weaponry aka Reflex). Supposedly there are still thousands of Zentreadi and Supervision Army Fleets (Each with million of ships on both sides) still fighting it out around the Galaxy and I assume probably other Galaxies. They have been doing so for thousands of years. The only other Supervision Army ship we have seen though is near the end of the series and it is just a ship in ruins. Also the subsiquent Series of Macross Plus, Macross 7, and Macross Zero (a Prequal Series) there has been no other mention of the Supervision army. Since Macross II is not offically considered part of the real timeline I don't put it in with the other shows.

Southern Cross

Took place on another planet called Glory(or Gloria depending on who translates it). The Robotech Masters where really the race just returning to there home planet. They where called the Zors.

New Generation (Genesis Climber)

The Invid (Inbit) The main hero Scott Bernard (Stick Bernard) was part of a force from Mars to help save the Earth from the Inbit.

I haven't finished all of Genesis Climber, and only recently got Southern Cross subbed so I can't give much more detail then that.

I recomend checking out Macross Plus though it's very good. Don't even need to see the original series to enjoy it but it helps to get some of the things that go on.
        Last edited by Drahken; 19 October 2004, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drahken
          Marduk was a Race/person(can't quite remember which) that used there music to Control a fleet of Zentraedi (Although the fleet seems to be only a couple thousand of ships instead of around 4 million). The technology is about on par with with the ones that they fought with in the original series (There really is no technological advancement with the Zentraedi there tech is thousands of years old as it is and they aren't meant for inventing new stuff). The Marduk do seem to have a somewhat more advanced technology but not by much. This comes from a 6 part OVA called Macross II. Considering the entire event never really occurd in the offical Macross timeline it doesn't really count overall.

Robotech is really made up of three differn't Series

Super Dimensional Fortress: Macross
          Super Dimensional Calvery: Southern Cross
          and Genesis Climber Mospeda

In the real story for Macross. Thousands of years ago protoculture split into two groups. They both created large soldiers to fight in wars against each other The Zentraedi who they encounter and the Supervision Army. The SDF-1 was a ship of the Supervision Army. The Reason the Zentraedi wanted the ship so bad is it's Main Guns weapon system (Reaction Weaponry aka Reflex). Supposedly there are still thousands of Zentreadi and Supervision Army Fleets (Each with million of ships on both sides) still fighting it out around the Galaxy and I assume probably other Galaxies. They have been doing so for thousands of years. The only other Supervision Army ship we have seen though is near the end of the series and it is just a ship in ruins. Also the subsiquent Series of Macross Plus, Macross 7, and Macross Zero (a Prequal Series) there has been no other mention of the Supervision army. Since Macross II is not offically considered part of the real timeline I don't put it in with the other shows.

Southern Cross

Took place on another planet called Glory(or Gloria depending on who translates it). The Robotech Masters where really the race just returning to there home planet. They where called the Zors.

New Generation (Genesis Climber)

The Invid (Inbit) The main hero Scott Bernard (Stick Bernard) was part of a force from Mars to help save the Earth from the Inbit.

I haven't finished all of Genesis Climber, and only recently got Southern Cross subbed so I can't give much more detail then that.

I recomend checking out Macross Plus though it's very good. Don't even need to see the original series to enjoy it but it helps to get some of the things that go on.
          Thanks! That was a lot of info! I'll check it out!

Comment

Don't know man. Don't know.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Working...
            X