Travelers tech how advanced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travelers tech how advanced

I think people asume too little of the travelers despite them showing a decent level of advancement

They built the gun ronon uses and its a standard sidearm so the eqivelant of an earth pistol in its role but yet its probably the best hand held wepon we haveever seen on stargate with the posible exception of the kull gauntlets it can stun or kill recharge itself over time (as said be joe malzori) and its a pistol imagine their rifles or even heavy wepons

the ships they are judgeing by BAMSR verry fast sublight verry manuverable and ill go rewatch and count how many shots are fired but two of them fireing vollys took out a sheilded asuran ship that takes two asgaurd beams which is quite impressive im my opinion supiror to a hat'ak.

shey also have the ability to maintain a fleet of ships with no infrastructure no other race can do that its not pretty the foods crap but even so.

they built an adapter for the ATA gene probly equal to gene therapy that only haveing a 40% sucsess rate but the adapter need someone with the gene to turn the tech on.

and they have been able to stay clear of the wraith not too hard but not bad.

also larrin was able too keep the aura class ship despite not being the most highly placed person suggesting it is not massively better than their other ships if it was you can bet the big cheese of the travelers would have had it.

I think they could be a force to recond with in semi large numbers

what does every one els think

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

yeah the traveler's are cool and have this radiation shielding technology. Wish I knew more about their ships and technology. And able to created shields in section of a ship like in the cargo which was the only thing keeping John and the puddle jumper from flyin out into space. Clearly their guns are the coolest and are extemely poweful weapons, stun, kill.

"as well as an incinerate setting which has the same effect as a shotgun, capable of blowing open a hole approximately ten inches (25 centimeters) wide or larger with multiple shots."
    -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miscellaneous_technology_in_Stargate

Comment

imagine the incinerate setting on a rifle or shotgun sized weponbe like a small cannon

or a machine gun variant probly be four of the pistol barels together with a bigger power cell

that would be an awsome wepon if you fired them in synch it would be like a shot gun or if alternateing it would be like an mg

also their guns have no recoil

Comment

I think the travelers are around the Guaoulds level of technology, maybe alittle higher as they have direct access to Ancient technology. All their ships but one survived a direct conflict with Ancient warships. Granted it was just a smash-and-grab fight but they did ok. I imagine a Hatak woulda gone down alot faster.

I would like to see more travellers, did they develop 10k years ago and become nomads when the wraith came to power? Or did they evolve in secret and reach their level of tech and abandon their homeworld recently.

I mean they seemed pretty used to living in ships, but if you raise a kid in a box hes gonna think its normal and prefer it, it dosent take that long to adapt to it. I bet their ppl they had to leave on the ground were really happy to get a aurora. Imagine living in a honda ure whole life then someone gives you a corvette!

Comment

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
          imagine the incinerate setting on a rifle or shotgun sized weponbe like a small cannon

or a machine gun variant probly be four of the pistol barels together with a bigger power cell

that would be an awsome wepon if you fired them in synch it would be like a shot gun or if alternateing it would be like an mg

also their guns have no recoil
          thinking about the metal storm weapon, that can fire like million bullets round per min. something like that.

Comment

The ships as larrin said are weak, and they have lost more of them do to age than
            LARRIN: When you spend as much time in space as we do, you don't get a lot of fresh food.
            LARRIN: Sheppard, listen to me. Our fleet is old. There was a time when we had the resources to build new ships, but now we don't. When we lose one, it's gone for good, and despite strict population controls there just isn't enough room for all of us any more. We've been forced to abandon some of our own people on the ground.
            The travellers once had grand tech now they can only repair what they have.

Some knowledge has been lost. the ability to build new side arms may or may not still exist.

Comment

i thought they said they have been in space for thoausands of years

but i dont think it better than a hatak, hataks are still quite a formidible ship and judging by the travelers ship i dont think it would last long agaisnt a hatak

i would say they are near goauld sort of area in technology but the goauld are quite far head in technology in most areas

but the travlers guns are awsome best thing next to it would be a zat
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                I think the travelers are around the Guaoulds level of technology, maybe alittle higher as they have direct access to Ancient technology.
                I completely forgot about the Gouald

I think that the pistol is similar to a staff weapon in power but a lot smaller.
                "You don't know half of it".
                Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

The Travellers' ships seem to be more akin to the Al'kesh than anything else, so comparing them to a Ha'tak is a bit silly tbh. They obviously have MUCH more advanced weaponry though; seems to me their race, prior to becoming nomadic, was probably similar to the Satedans in that they operated at a slightly lower level technologically than other races (perhaps Earth, 200 years from now if we hadn't discovered the Stargate), yet with a focus on weaponry and military tactics.

To be honest, if you changed the engine glow of the Travellers' ships to blue or yellow, they'd look like Earth ships. In fact, they'd look like the class of Earth ship that we SHOULD have (mid-range cruiser).

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
                    The Travellers' ships seem to be more akin to the Al'kesh than anything else, so comparing them to a Ha'tak is a bit silly tbh. They obviously have MUCH more advanced weaponry though; seems to me their race, prior to becoming nomadic, was probably similar to the Satedans in that they operated at a slightly lower level technologically than other races (perhaps Earth, 200 years from now if we hadn't discovered the Stargate), yet with a focus on weaponry and military tactics.

To be honest, if you changed the engine glow of the Travellers' ships to blue or yellow, they'd look like Earth ships. In fact, they'd look like the class of Earth ship that we SHOULD have (mid-range cruiser).
                    their ships stood up to asuran ships judging from how they fought (in pairs) they are about 1/2 an asuran aura thought that could just be a battle tactic

the only things the gould have that outclasses the travlers is rings crystal computers and holograms all of which are all scavenged off the MW anchents

alough the fleet is old keeping ships in the feild for 100s of years is impresive considering they cant repair them in a dock lke earth gould wraith ect can

we should see more of them

and who ever said metal storm yes a travlers gun version of that

Comment

Well i think the Travllers are our equal. Now that the Asgard are gone, were the most advanced. I think the space faring races should go like this. Taur'i,Travllers,Wraith, Goulad(have now idea how thats spelled). Most of you talk like the Goulad are all powerful. If two Taveller ships took out an Aurora class battleship they could abliterate a hat'tak. I mean drones pass right through Goulad shields. If the travellers shields could hold up to them then i think that the Goulad couldnt stand against in a fight with the Wraith or Travellers. But the thing is you cant really compare anything to the Goulad because there arent any left(that we now of)
                      What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Some times you have to roll a hard six-Admiral Adama

sigpic -Rest in Peace Battlestar Pegasus. BS62!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cap.Dylan Hunt View Post
                        Well i think the Travllers are our equal. Now that the Asgard are gone, were the most advanced. I think the space faring races should go like this. Taur'i,Travllers,Wraith, Goulad(have now idea how thats spelled). Most of you talk like the Goulad are all powerful. If two Taveller ships took out an Aurora class battleship they could abliterate a hat'tak. I mean drones pass right through Goulad shields. If the travellers shields could hold up to them then i think that the Goulad couldnt stand against in a fight with the Wraith or Travellers. But the thing is you cant really compare anything to the Goulad because there arent any left(that we now of)
                        No way. Earthlings were 2 hitting Auroras, and Auroras were 2 hitting Travellers. Their only edge is being tiny and manuverable.

Their most advanced ship is their recovered aurora, and earthers can pwn those in epic numbers.

Comment

Well the Travellers are the closest race to us.
                          What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Comment

The thing you have to bear in mind is that the Goa'uld weren't just "a couple of snakeheads in a Ha'tak"; they had HUNDREDS of Ha'taks in fleets. We have three ships, that's it.

If Apophis, Anubis or Ba'al, at the height of their power, had gone up against the Wraith or the Asurans, it would've been an insane fight. Hell, the Apophis or Anubis flagship would've been more than a match for a Hiveship, even without Anubis' 6-eye superweapon.

As far as the Travellers' being our equals, that's not even close to be correct lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap.Dylan Hunt View Post
                              Well the Travellers are the closest race to us.

I did change my statement. We could easily kick their asses, but they are the closest race to us.

Comment

Working...
                              X