Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will the Season Five storyline lead into Continuum Movie?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How will the Season Five storyline lead into Continuum Movie?

I just read this and thought how will the future storyline of Atlantis be leading into the Continuum movie?
    My guess is that Carter is somehow needed to figure out what may be happening and is reassigned to that project maybe something involving Ba'al? Anyone else have any theories or ideas how this might happen?
    sigpic
    Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

I think
    Spoiler:
    we've maybe assumed that Continuum happened sometime between Ark of Truth and Atlantis S4. But I'm guessing there's nothing in the movie that sets it in any particular timeframe, so, now that they need a way to write Sam out, they're going to have her going back to earth and that will feed into Continuum. So Atlantis will provide Continuum with a timeframe - in other words it will be set during Atlantis' fifth season.

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether she gets pulled back to work on that project (I'm not clear enough about the plot of that movie), or whether something else happens (a IOA power play) that results in her removal and replacement by Woolsey, and that is why she's back on earth during the events of Continuum.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

I think it's going to confuse a lot of people because...

Spoiler:
      ...there's a line in The Ark Of Truth about Woolsey's time being taken up by the Atlantis expedition, so I think a lot of people upon hearing that will think that AoT is set during season 5 as well...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        I think it's going to confuse a lot of people because...

Spoiler:
        ...there's a line in The Ark Of Truth about Woolsey's time being taken up by the Atlantis expedition, so I think a lot of people upon hearing that will think that AoT is set during season 5 as well...
        That IS kind of confusing. But I thought
        Spoiler:
        Carter had not yet been promoted in AoT. Or is it not clear? That's going to be confusing in Continuum as well, if she hasn't had her promotion yet. Does anyone know about that?

I found this under the GW spoilers for Continuum.

Spoiler:
        "While SG-1 attends the execution of Baal, the last of the Goa'uld System Lords, Teal'c and Vala inexplicably disappear into thin air. Carter, Daniel and Mitchell race back to a world where history has been changed: the Stargate program has been erased from the timeline. As they try to convince the authorities what's happened, a fleet of Goa'uld motherships arrives in orbit, led by Baal, his queen, Katesh (Vala), and his first prime, Teal'c. SG-1 must find the Stargate and set things right before the world is enslaved by the Goa'uld."
        (MGM press release - January 15, 2007)
        So maybe Carter has to go back for this?
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Well, it sounds a though they've decided Continuum precedes S5 of Atlantis instead of being set pre-season 4 which is interesting. I thought this movie was a stand-alone i.e. no loose ends. That makes me think it has something to do with the "subtle but permanent" change in the timeline at the end of the movie. Now that's a scary thought.

Because if there's a tiny change in the setting of the movie, there's a tiny change all across the universe, right? Including Atlantis, and maybe the change isn't so subtle there. I don't think it has to do with Ba'al because the whole point of the movie is to deal with him. If they don't then it really isn't a stand-alone movie like Brad Wright said it was.

Really, they could make up anything they want with a little shift in the timeline.

But I think Continuum leads into the reason for her departure, not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
            That IS kind of confusing. But I thought
            Spoiler:
            Carter had not yet been promoted in AoT. Or is it not clear? That's going to be confusing in Continuum as well, if she hasn't had her promotion yet. Does anyone know about that?
            It's not clear from the movie, but according to Amanda she's a full bird colonel in both.

I found this under the GW spoilers for Continuum.

Spoiler:

So maybe Carter has to go back for this?
            That's what I was thinking, but it doesn't really seem like a worthy reason for her to leave her command imo, so I'm not sure...

Comment

Isn't the movie over and done by the time S5 starts?

Comment

It's not clear from the movie, but according to Amanda she's a full bird colonel in both.
                Ok - I wasn't sure about that. That does make it easier to play with the timeline.

That's what I was thinking, but it doesn't really seem like a worthy reason for her to leave her command imo, so I'm not sure...
                No, I was kind of thinking the same thing. It's definitely confusing.

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                Isn't the movie over and done by the time S5 starts?
                I think that's unknown at this point. I can't imagine how that would work though. To me, if they're going to tie Continuum into S5, they almost have to set the movie after S5 starts.
                - Life after Stargate -
                sigpic

Comment

Okay, now that's a surprise to me about the setting of the movie in Stargate time. It would be really odd to have Carter's departure have to do with something that has already happened in real time.

Now I know the movies were theoretically set before season 4 of Atlantis, but other than the fact that Sam appeared to have bounced back and forth between the movies and Atlantis, the storylines didn't have anything to do with each other (well, at least not TAoT). So that I could accept. But now that the stories apparently are connected somehow, it would be strange to say she's leaving to go deal with Ba'al in a movie that was released two months earlier. Makes no sense to me, in fact it's a bit anti-climactic.

I think it'll be something in Continuum that they resurrect as a reason for her to leave.

Comment

Okay, now that's a surprise to me about the setting of the movie in Stargate time. It would be really odd to have Carter's departure have to do with something that has already happened in real time. Now I know the movies were theoretically set before season 4 of Atlantis, but other than the fact that Sam appeared to have bounced back and forth between the movies and Atlantis, the storylines didn't have anything to do with each other (well, at least not TAoT). So that I could accept. But now that the stories apparently are connected somehow, it would be strange to say she's leaving to go deal with Ba'al in a movie that was released two months earlier. Makes no sense to me, in fact it's a bit anti-climactic.

I think it'll be something in Continuum that they resurrect as a reason for her to leave.
                    That's possible. But I think anything's possible at this point. Continuum never had a set place in the Stargate timeline like AoT did. From the GW article:

Producers have stated that Stargate: The Ark of Truth takes place prior to Season Four of Atlantis, but that the placement of Continuum is more up in the open.

"The timeline for the movies may be slightly different than what we thought," said Tapping. "There's a little hint for you."
                    It could be something in Continuum that they resurrect. I don't know. I do agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense for her leaving for that reason
                    Spoiler:
                    - to deal with Ba'al.
                    I actually don't think she'll leave for that reason now that I think about it. But I think it's plausible that she gets removed for another reason
                    Spoiler:
                    (I keep coming back to the line about the "power play" putting Woolsey in charge),
                    and that sets her up as present and accounted for in Continuum. And remember, Continuum isn't going to be released until what, September, October? It's very possible that we'll have already seen the S5 premiere at that point.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    sigpic

Comment

I thought Continuum's release date was July.
                      Then I thought it was September.
                      On the Continuum movie thread they all think it's July. So, when is it? I thought Brad Wright just said it's a great summer time movie.

Comment

I thought Continuum's release date was July.
                        Then I thought it was September.
                        On the Continuum movie thread they all think it's July. So, when is it? I thought Brad Wright just said it's a great summer time movie.
                        Hmm. Maybe it is July. I thought it was later - in the fall. I thought it was originally going to be earlier, but got pushed back.

EDIT2: Nevermind, I found it. You're right.
                        Stargate SG-1 co-creator and Stargate: Continuum writer Brad Wright revealed to GateWorld that his movie is scheduled to be released on DVD in July, 2008.
                        http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/1...assic_is.shtml

But we don't know when S5's premiere date is yet either. I don't think it's set in stone that they're going to go with a fall premiere again. Oh well. Who knows.
                        Last edited by Killdeer; 19 February 2008, 09:59 AM.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        sigpic

Comment

It was set to be released in the Autumn, but now it's being released in July.

Comment

It was set to be released in the Autumn, but now it's being released in July.
                            Oh ok. I just wasn't up on the news, apparently.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            sigpic

Comment

Sam might leave
                              Spoiler:
                              as part of the finale this season for the movie. We know that the finale of season 4 and the start of season 5 has Shep ending up in the future 40,000 years on atlantis so if its time travel based it might tie in with continuum.

Comment

Working...
                              X