Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

could we use Nanites for buiding Ancient drones & ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could we use Nanites for buiding Ancient drones & ...

could we use Nanites for buiding Ancient drones and making spare parts?

It has been over a decade since Stargate teams encounter Alien nanites technoglogies.when Jack was infected by it,we collected data for computer model ,the sample were not totally destory , we know the rogue NID kept some for their human/Goa'uld experiment.
    since
    then we encounter civilisation using nanite to speed up learning process in children.(episode "Learning curve")

Meet Android Reese and her replicator, build ARG weapon,

And we also meet Asuran, and learn a lot about nanite form the Wraith

And Earth scientist also build medical nanite and Earth humanoid replicator

Even Mckay were able to build Fran(Friendly Replicator Android using Ancient hardware.

Can we use nanite for nano construction ,making new Ancient Drone weapon or make spare part for the Atlantis.

The Asuran nanite can build an organic human copy from inside out , matching the orignal human almost identically.

Building things like spare part or Ancient Drone should be easy, Mckay already find the Ancient equipment for that.If he can restart the Ancient's Project Arcturus using Atlantis lab equipment , or Create Fran.
    Then he could easly set up some lab program the nanite to do sample tast like building spare parts or drone.One by one.And also set up ARG field to neutralise the nanite after every construction , we don't them to evlove.

We may not have advance human brain like super smart Danial (when he merge with Merlin) we saw how he use ancient and Ori device to build parts for Merlin weapon, but i doubt the ancient use similar device to create the drones like that one by one( they were using millions of them during the war)

Making drone one by one may not be much but it is a start, a dozen drone can still be deadly enough to destory a few Goa'uld mother ship.

And spare part is important, many modernise air force are force to ground their plane when the supply nation cut them off for simple spare part.
    If we can produce spare part , then SGA would be self sufficient in many area.

I think you are underestemating the difficulty of making such things (drones, spare parts etc.) As we have come to know in BAMSR it was realy difficult to make a square block of nanites, simply because they are not designed for such a task. Making spare parts and drones would require a entire new code for the nanites, a tuff job, if not impossible with our current knowledge. But we do know that the Asurans had the knowledge to create drones and build a city like atlantis, it would be cool if Rodney figgured out a way to extract this information from the nanites. So working with nanite tech still hold great possibilities for further devolopment of ancient tech.
    Study the great, they wil enlighten your soul

Comment

mckay would have to write a completely new program for them to only be used to build stuff and then they would need raw materials to build the drones. if he cant make a block and cant find a pre-existing ancient program it may not happen for a while.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Why not use the asgard beamingt hing, uyou would need to know how they are made to construct the nanites and tell them what to do, if we know that we can use the 'materialiser' (or that's what I'll call it)
        Best quotes ever:
        O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
        Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
        Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
        Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
        Thor:I like the yellow ones
        O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

I'm not sure if iI understand you correctly, but I think you want to use asgard tech to produce ancient/nanite tech... This will be very complicated indeed, the asgrad machine to which you are refering "thinks" in asgard terms (you follow me) It doesn't know the ancient technology and will not me capable of producing it. The ancient tech will have to be compattible with asgard tech, that will requierre some massive adjustments to bouth the asgard tech and ancient tech, something that I do not see happen for a while. And still, you will need to have the information about drones etc which is a problem on its self. The ancient database hasn't been helpful, it isn't as simple as pressing Ctrl f and typing in the word drone and bam there are the construction schematics. Noo this will be very hard if not impossible, but still i liked the idea, hope there is someone out there that can say i'm wrong (based on good arguments)

Comment

What I'm saying is that the asgard materialiser(thing) can create things out of raw matter as long as you know how to create them. The ancient nanites would also need to be programmed to create the device. What I'm saying is that if you know how it is created then you could input that into the asgard cc and let that create it.
            Best quotes ever:
            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Ookej, i understand where you're going, but i dont see the asgard materialiser producing drone(s). The materialiser isn't formiliar with a drone or the tech it's based on. You will need to make a asgrad program of a ancient drone (i think), that will be extremely hard to do, maybe we should first focus on making parts, which must be more easy.
              Or is the materialiser capable of producing such tech just like that??

Comment

... we still don't even know what drones ARE, or what they're constructed from.

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
                  ... we still don't even know what drones ARE, or what they're constructed from.
                  Exactly, I was saying that if we knew how they were made we could use the asgard tech instead of nanites.
                  Best quotes ever:

Comment

that's already been discussed above ;-)

Maybe the minidrone factory recently discoverd will provide us with more inside on how to make drones.

Comment

the best way to use nanites is to make a special basecode creating complete safety, and then make a human form repli wit the asgard cc knowledge, and program it to do all sorts of things, like completing the x-699.

Comment

they need to use the ancient device to build this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utility_fog

then with one signal they can have a shield a weapon or a getaway car.

(replicators will become reallity) what a benefit that will be just send your clone to work

Comment

Originally posted by genius21 View Post
                          they need to use the ancient device to build this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utility_fog

then with one signal they can have a shield a weapon or a getaway car.

(replicators will become reallity) what a benefit that will be just send your clone to work
                          They would take over the world, their basically like asuran nanites. We can build the nanites with the device from BAMSR, the problem is knowing what instructions to give them to actually build it.
                          Best quotes ever:

Comment

I dont see why the atlantis crew cant make another replicator, after all they made fran.

They could use just one to create anything they needed / carry out repairs.

Build zpms, repaid that hugely battered tower from the 1st episode in season 4 'adrift' - does anyone else find it strange that we havent seen that since then?

Comment

replicators are considered as a security threat, for example look at the reaction of john when he was faced with fran loll!! But i have to admit it is tempting!

Comment

Working...
                              X