PDA

View Full Version : Michael vs Todd: who will be the last wraith standing as THE face of the wraith?

kymeric
February 17th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Thats the question. In s5 who will be the face of the wraith race? Will it be todd the sometimes ally wraith commander? Or will it be the semi human wraith scientist michael and his army of aratuswraith?

Predictions?

Jumper_One
February 17th, 2008, 08:40 PM
how about both?

Ice Wolf
February 17th, 2008, 09:00 PM
how about both?

Todd as the representation of the Wraith as a whole, Michael as the Wraith renegade outcast.

Fenrir Foxz
February 17th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Thats the question. In s5 who will be the face of the wraith race? Will it be todd the sometimes ally wraith commander? Or will it be the semi human wraith scientist michael and his army of aratuswraith?

Predictions?

If it is a pick from the two I waould say Todd, he is still with the Wraith and even though Michael could become one hell of a threat... thinking about a face for the wraithI would say Todd...

how about both?

I would go with both but Micheal is more of an outcast...

the fifth man
February 17th, 2008, 09:05 PM
I would certainly hope for both. But, if I had to choose, Todd has grown on me a lot as of late.

dasNdanger
February 17th, 2008, 09:28 PM
I could handle many faces for the Wraith - and have no problem keeping both Todd and Michael around for a long while. I wouldn't mind the addition of another regular Wraith character - a queen, perhaps - or one more like Steve - arrogant, beautiful, elegant. Just wish to see more REGULAR Wraith faces - not in many episodes, but if a season has about 10-12 episodes that feature a Wraith character, it would be nice to see someone like Todd in about 6 (three in each half of the season), then other re-occurring Wraith characters in a couple episodes each....just so we can go, "OO! That's the guy from episode 'X'! I wonder what he's up to now!" I think it just makes the viewer feel more connected with the show when we see familiar faces - even among the Wraith.

das

Seperated@Birth?
February 17th, 2008, 10:40 PM
What's funny for me is the fact that my first and middle names are...

MICHAEL TODD :sheppardanime23:

...and I have gone by both.

In relation to this discussion. Both Michael and Todd are in total self preservation mode. Michael was screwed by us (a couple of times) and was then screwed by the Wraith. He is a total outcast with no home and is a VERY interesting character.

Todd on the other hand was screwed by the Genii who "broke" him through his captivity. We (through Sheppard) saved him and I think that while he can't trust us completely, he doesn't really wish us any ill-will. He seems to have the mindset of live and let live and I find his character the more likable of the two.

I wouldn't be surprised if Todd ended up helping us at some point to defeat Michael and his uber bugs.

* as far as weasel faced wraith's comment in "Midway", he never said that the information was given to him voluntarily *

(I am) An acquaintance of someone you recently worked with to bring about the demise of those you refer to as Replicators. It was from him that I was able to procure the necessary data to commandeer this base.

nx01a
February 17th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Todd and Michael both have too little credibility to be the leader or public face of the Wraith. Todd keeps getting captured and losing ships, followers and ZPMs. Michael keeps getting turned human by Teyla. If I were a Wraith, I'd be ashamed of both of them.

BUT since I'm being forced to chose, I'll say Todd. At least he's still a full Wraith.

PG15
February 18th, 2008, 12:36 AM

...and I have gone by both.

My goodness, it's like you 3 were separated at birth.

Ba-zing!

Gate-builder
February 18th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Todd is much better than Michael. If Michael was killed off I wouldn't be too worried, but I hope to see a lot more of Todd. His Wraith humour is priceless!

melfan
February 18th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Todd is much better than Michael. If Michael was killed off I wouldn't be too worried, but I hope to see a lot more of Todd. His Wraith humour is priceless!

I agree with you there. Todd is great.
Michael has become such a threath to Atlantis and the galaxy.

naamiaiset
February 18th, 2008, 03:24 AM
Todd and Michael both have too little credibility to be the leader or public face of the Wraith. Todd keeps getting captured and losing ships, followers and ZPMs. Michael keeps getting turned human by Teyla. If I were a Wraith, I'd be ashamed of both of them.

BUT since I'm being forced to chose, I'll say Todd. At least he's still a full Wraith.
todd's lost ships, followers etc, but none of it has been directly his fault. his first hive was destroyed by an enemy hive and he was captive, so couldn't prevent it. his second ship, sheppard blew up to destroy the cloning facility, and at least one of his followers betrayed him. I'd still choose todd though. I get the feeling todd is a lot older than michael, so more experienced, and todd said he was once of great standing among wraith. we've seen todd's intelligent/strategic, whereas michael's just been running on vengeance.

GoSpikey
February 18th, 2008, 03:25 AM

:lol:

ciannwn
February 18th, 2008, 03:33 AM
Todd keeps getting captured and losing ships, followers and ZPMs.

Todd would really fit in with the Atlantis expedition then. :D

All the talk about factions, Wraith betraying each other, gaining and losing followers etc. suggests that Wraith society includes a lot of politics. If that's the case then Todd's adventures are giving some kind of insight into this aspect of Wraith interacting between themselves. If TPTB wanted to they could have Todd end up as the leader of the most powerful Wraith faction or something.

Michael is everyone's enemy. They're all out to stop him succeeding with whatever he's trying to do next. There's a limit as to how many times they could do this with him escaping at the end before it gets ridiculous.

GoSpikey
February 18th, 2008, 04:25 AM

All the talk about factions, Wraith betraying each other, gaining and losing followers etc. suggests that Wraith society includes a lot of politics. If that's the case then Todd's adventures are giving some kind of insight into this aspect of Wraith interacting between themselves. If TPTB wanted to they could have Todd end up as the leader of the most powerful Wraith faction or something.

Michael is everyone's enemy. They're all out to stop him succeeding with whatever he's trying to do next. There's a limit as to how many times they could do this with him escaping at the end before it gets ridiculous.

Hmm, I was wondering that, let's say Shep and co keep Todd well, alive during the ep, which they'd better, then they might explain what happened with Michael, to Todd, so Todd can send the Wraith after Michael, cos they have a common enemy now.

That, or Todd is going to Michael and say that he has to target more Wraith, lol.

dasNdanger
February 18th, 2008, 05:26 AM

Exactly! Todd has both the dumb, and bad, luck of Sheppard, the hunger of Rodney, the fighting skills of Ronon...and how did Heyerdahl put it in that interview? 'The good looks of Teyla.' :D

Yeah - Todd is giving us more insight into how Wraith govern themselves, and where their loyalties lie. Todd is wise, he sees the strength - and even more so - the DETERMINATION of the Lanteans, and he uses that to his advantage. Todd is friend to both human and Wraith, while Michael has become foe to human and Wraith. Unless something happens with Michael over the next few episodes to change his outlook in life, he'll just be the next 'Kolia', or 'Replicator'. Todd, on the other hand, has the potential to be something much more.

I like both, but Todd is my favorite. I feel deep sympathy for Michael, however. After re-watching Michael, I absolutely HATE what was done to him, and the attitude humans have that they are better than Wraith and have to cure them. He was literally raped - psychologically, and biologically...his very nature violated. No wonder he feels like he does. I really think the humans owe him something - just not sure what.

das

jenks
February 18th, 2008, 05:52 AM
Todd, I don't think Michael will last very long.

GoSpikey
February 18th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Todd is too good a character to waste in a silly way. And too cute:

http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/screencaps/season4/411hdtv/HDTVsga-4x11_0760.jpg
(my new fave one)

I don't know what's going to happen to Michael. From the speculations of him being in another one or two eps in season 5 (after S&R, that is), we already know he won't die in the premiere. Maybe this time they should injure him? Don't think they really have before? They just Darted out in Vengeance, and after Misbegotten, we assume he wasn't hurt physically, either (on the planet itself). I don't know if redemption is possible for him, cos he's Wraith: sneaky, manipulator, genius, etc. and he won't let that way of living go. He won't cry for all the people he's killed. There can probably be only death for him at some point. After all, how many times can you let him get away with what he does? I don't think it would be believable to have him move around the galaxy for another 4 years/seasons, maybe. Yes, he's bad, and sneaky, but Sheppard needs to be believable, also...

Icarium
February 18th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Todd is too good a character to waste in a silly way.

So was the queen in Allies, Karl, Steve, the queen in Hive... should I continue?
Everybody knows what happened to them :( :( :(

Todd has a greater chance to survive TPTB, in my opinion...

Icarium

Degilwen
February 18th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I say the producers of SGA saw that some of us are Wraith fans. And some of us want see mor about the Wraith and the Culture and life. Ok Todd I think is the gate or bridge to see more about the Wraith and the Culture. Michael was raped and I say too that is not nice what the humans have done with him. My Faves are the Wraith who play by James L. They have more FIRE in the eyes... Nothing again Todd and Michael but Todd is for me like a "humanfriend" and Michael like a "Rambo" But I don´t understand that Michael is so fixed on Teyla

GoSpikey
February 18th, 2008, 09:45 AM
But I don´t understand that Michael is so fixed on Teyla

One view is that she was the one who spent most time with him on Atlantis, she was his 'false' friend, he sees everything about her as a lie.

She was the one who didn't stop the others from experimenting on him. He used to have a Queen to whom he listened to. Her will was law. Now here's a female that let him down, completely.

Another part is that well, Michael was a full boy so he might have wanted her at some point?

He also feels connected with her because of her Wraith DNA, I think. She's a special one, and he knows it. Although he might not know to what extend, yet. He might know in The Kindred, though, cos he's going to get his hands on her!

I wonder if Wraith DNA is dominant, when combined with human DNA. Maybe those female Wraith Worshipers carry children for the Wraith? Maybe Queens feel like they are above that? Would be interesting to learn about.

dasNdanger
February 18th, 2008, 10:41 AM
One view is that she was the one who spent most time with him on Atlantis, she was his 'false' friend, he sees everything about her as a lie.

Yeah - he really feels betrayed by her. Ironically, he seems to have more respect for Ronon because Ronon didn't lie to him. I think this says a lot about the Wraith - they are a tricksty bunch themselves, but seem to respect honesty in humans, especially when it comes to how you feel about them. They don't like huge deceptions - they're more 'tell it like it is' types. If you hate me - tell me - but don't lie and say you're my friend when you're not.

And remember when Steve was dying, and Shep questioned if he was faking, and Teyla said that such a ruse is 'not their way'? The Wraith don't resort to such extremes. Sure, they may be deceitful (like the Queen in Allies), but that's not the same as what the humans did to Michael.

das

Icarium
February 18th, 2008, 11:10 AM
And remember when Steve was dying, and Shep questioned if he was faking, and Teyla said that such a ruse is 'not their way'? The Wraith don't resort to such extremes. Sure, they may be deceitful (like the Queen in Allies), but that's not the same as what the humans did to Michael.

das

Well, I always wondered how the hell did she know what 'the way of the Wraith was'. Because in my understanding, the only contact the Athosians had with the Wraith was being culled by them. They saw them as intelligent human-hunting monsters. Do her words imply that she had some other experiences with the Wraith? Or maybe she heard stories? If yes, I want to know these stories, please!!! ;)

Icarium

aduk85
February 18th, 2008, 11:25 AM
I personally like todd.

Theres no way that they could really destroy the wraith once and for all, perhaps deal them a huge blow that sets them back a very long time, like 100;s of years.

I just think it would be abit hmmm, why couldnt the ancients do that

dasNdanger
February 18th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Well, I always wondered how the hell did she know what 'the way of the Wraith was'. Because in my understanding, the only contact the Athosians had with the Wraith was being culled by them. They saw them as intelligent human-hunting monsters. Do her words imply that she had some other experiences with the Wraith? Or maybe she heard stories? If yes, I want to know these stories, please!!! ;)

Icarium

I think it's obvious how the Wraith are - even if you've only heard stories.

They don't pretend to be anything but what they are. They march right up to you and start feeding - no tricks, no ruses, no deceptions. They don't playact... they're pretty bold and forthright. They say it like it is - "I am your death, that is all you need to know." Steve would be too proud, too confident to pretend to be sick, just to escape. He was a bold creature who wouldn't humiliate himself in such a way just to get to his prey, but instead rushed the cell and reached through the bars, trying to get to Sheppard. That's his way - the way of the Wraith - bold, aggressive, confident, with no need to play games.

das

GoSpikey
February 18th, 2008, 11:39 AM
That's his way - the way of the Wraith - bold, aggressive, confident, with no need to play games.

das

See how different Todd is? :)

dasNdanger
February 18th, 2008, 12:05 PM
See how different Todd is? :)

But Todd isn't TOO much different - he just plays his cards closer to the vest. He's like the Captain Jack Sparrow of the Pegasus Galaxy. :p

I am worried about his fate, however. In The Last Man spoilers, there's something that worries me: (From JM's blog): "A great season-ender (and a bit of a tearjerker -- I defy you not to cry or feel sad or pity or slightly dizzy) with a final shot that will have fandom buzzing from final fade to the opening shot of season five."

Now - we won't feel 'pity' for any of the main characters - those we will feel sad for, or cry for. The only ones we might feel pity for are the 'enemy', and so that makes me wonder if there will be something that makes us 'feel pity' for the Wraith, or for a Wraith character.

I really wish JM would say if Todd was going to be in more than one episode in S5. With just the mention that Todd will make 'an appearance', it could mean he makes only one - and it will be his last.

And yeah - I am way too worried about this - but I just really love the character and don't want him killed off.

das

GoSpikey
February 18th, 2008, 12:27 PM
And yeah - I am way too worried about this - but I just really love the character and don't want him killed off.

das

Todd's got so much more control than the other Wraith we've seen so far. Everybody would have eaten Rodney by now, not out of hunger, but gusto, just to get rid of him.

If they do harm Todd in The Last Man, never forget that maybe Sheppard is going to reverse some of the time that he spent looking for Teyla, apparently, so he'll have bought them more time for the rescue.

Maybe Michael killed Teyla, or the kid, or whatever, but don't panic too much until you've seen Search & Rescue, too.

(Now watch me panic.) :D

naamiaiset
February 18th, 2008, 12:39 PM

das
at least I'm not the only one. in midway, when the lead wraith said he "procured" the information from todd, I immediately worried if he was alive or not. I was getting ready to storm into midway and "procure" some info of my own. :lol:

as far as the tearjerker finale, I don't think it'll be todd injured/dying. I'm thinking it'll have something to do with teyla/her son. or, it could also be michael - pity could be felt for him because the human experiment essentially ruined his very way of life.

Ice Wolf
February 18th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Yeah - he really feels betrayed by her. Ironically, he seems to have more respect for Ronon because Ronon didn't lie to him. I think this says a lot about the Wraith - they are a tricksty bunch themselves, but seem to respect honesty in humans, especially when it comes to how you feel about them. They don't like huge deceptions - they're more 'tell it like it is' types. If you hate me - tell me - but don't lie and say you're my friend when you're not.

das

I think they respect honesty from humans because it means the human isn't stupid or wasting their time, ultimately you cant lie to a wraith at least the queens can force you to tell the truth to them. It makes sense being connected telepathically makes it hard to lie to each other if they are withholding something from each other they know. They wont know what is being withheld just that it is.

TOIVA
February 18th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I do preffer Todd, I don't like Michael since his first episode. And Todd's humor? Wow, awesome. He's such a character you've no idea what he's doing and why, or if he's an ally or not. I want more Todd, and more Queens as wise as he is.:)

But Todd isn't TOO much different - he just plays his cards closer to the vest. He's like the Captain Jack Sparrow of the Pegasus Galaxy. :p

I am worried about his fate, however. In The Last Man spoilers, there's something that worries me: (From JM's blog): "A great season-ender (and a bit of a tearjerker -- I defy you not to cry or feel sad or pity or slightly dizzy) with a final shot that will have fandom buzzing from final fade to the opening shot of season five."

Now - we won't feel 'pity' for any of the main characters - those we will feel sad for, or cry for. The only ones we might feel pity for are the 'enemy', and so that makes me wonder if there will be something that makes us 'feel pity' for the Wraith, or for a Wraith character.

I really wish JM would say if Todd was going to be in more than one episode in S5. With just the mention that Todd will make 'an appearance', it could mean he makes only one - and it will be his last.

das
"Captain Jack Sparrow of the Pegasus", a good point here.
I don't want to make you worry, but isn't Todd in fact appearing in TLM? Anyway, I wish him many more good years of live...

I think they respect honesty from humans because it means the human isn't stupid or wasting their time, ultimately you cant lie to a wraith at least the queens can force you to tell the truth to them. It makes sense being connected telepathically makes it hard to lie to each other if they are withholding something from each other they know. They wont know what is being withheld just that it is.
Well, and the Wraiths are ruling the galaxy for some time now, so why would they need to lie? They're the most powerfull, so they do whatever they want, no need to lie.;)

Ltcolshepjumper
February 18th, 2008, 05:29 PM
at least I'm not the only one. in midway, when the lead wraith said he "procured" the information from todd, I immediately worried if he was alive or not. I was getting ready to storm into midway and "procure" some info of my own. :lol:

as far as the tearjerker finale, I don't think it'll be todd injured/dying. I'm thinking it'll have something to do with teyla/her son. or, it could also be michael - pity could be felt for him because the human experiment essentially ruined his very way of life.

I think the tearjerker finale has to do with everyone. the way things turned out. sort of like Before I Sleep. How everyone's end was sort of tragic. In the end, I think Mckay's fate will be the greatest tearjerker.

Zanlee
February 18th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Todd gets my vote, even though I like Michael, Todd stands a better chance. He's not going 'round making enemies of everyone he meets.

I agree with people who see Todd as being an 'older wiser' sort of Wraith, he knows how to play his cards. Michael's too set on revenge on everyone.

As for a personal one-on-one show down? I would love to see that fight! Like the Ronon/Teal'c battle! But show more then ten seconds of it please.

Drools
^_^

naamiaiset
February 18th, 2008, 07:20 PM
I think the tearjerker finale has to do with everyone. the way things turned out. sort of like Before I Sleep. How everyone's end was sort of tragic. In the end, I think Mckay's fate will be the greatest tearjerker.
what could happen to mckay? I don't see him being written out anytime soon.

Buck32
February 18th, 2008, 07:31 PM

Predictions?

I Would hope we see both of them next season, i'm not fussed if they're the face of the wraith or not.

kymeric
February 19th, 2008, 05:17 AM
lulz weve found the wraiths redeeming social value..... honesty XDDDDD

magneticresonance
February 19th, 2008, 05:21 AM

I seem to be following you around Gateworld replying to all your posts :D I'm not stalking you, honest!

Spoilers for 'Kindred', based on the promo...

I do think the 'feeling pity' thing could be related to the Wraith, and it might be that we're going to feel sorry for the Wraith in general because something horrible happens to them as a race, maybe something that's set up in the next couple of episodes. Based on the promo, perhaps there's a mass poisoning which the humans either try and fail to stop, or refuse to help with, and then end up feeling really bad when lots of Wraith die horribly? In which case, I really hope Todd doesn't end up dying because the humans refused, or failed, to help him. I can see how that would evoke our pity (and for some of us, a certain righteous, murderous rage!)

dasNdanger
February 19th, 2008, 11:48 AM
I seem to be following you around Gateworld replying to all your posts :D I'm not stalking you, honest!

No worries! I'm just glad to have fellow Wraith lovers to play with!

Spoilers for 'Kindred', based on the promo...

I do think the 'feeling pity' thing could be related to the Wraith, and it might be that we're going to feel sorry for the Wraith in general because something horrible happens to them as a race, maybe something that's set up in the next couple of episodes. Based on the promo, perhaps there's a mass poisoning which the humans either try and fail to stop, or refuse to help with, and then end up feeling really bad when lots of Wraith die horribly? In which case, I really hope Todd doesn't end up dying because the humans refused, or failed, to help him. I can see how that would evoke our pity (and for some of us, a certain righteous, murderous rage!)

Murderous rage is RIGHT!! And I agree - the 'pity' thing seems like something you'd feel for an enemy, and the only enemy left is Michael and his bugs, Todd, and the Wraith in general. The pity COULD be for Michael, simply because he's been around for longer, and this might be his send-off...but...not sure Michael is in the Last Man. then, we could see this season (S4) as Todd's season, since he's been in so many episodes - and so they might want to kill him off because they feel they've done all they can with the guy. AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!! Three more episodes to go, and it's driving me crazy!! THEN...gonna have to wait until S5 begins to find out the ending. THAT is gonna be the killer.

das

TOIVA
February 19th, 2008, 12:10 PM
No worries! I'm just glad to have fellow Wraith lovers to play with!

Murderous rage is RIGHT!! And I agree - the 'pity' thing seems like something you'd feel for an enemy, and the only enemy left is Michael and his bugs, Todd, and the Wraith in general. The pity COULD be for Michael, simply because he's been around for longer, and this might be his send-off...but...not sure Michael is in the Last Man. then, we could see this season (S4) as Todd's season, since he's been in so many episodes - and so they might want to kill him off because they feel they've done all they can with the guy. AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!! Three more episodes to go, and it's driving me crazy!! THEN...gonna have to wait until S5 begins to find out the ending. THAT is gonna be the killer.

das
Well, as Michael's said to be the star in "Search and Rescue", I don't see why we should feel pity for him before, unless all "The Last Man" is a big trip in time for Sheppard. Still it seems to me, that "Search and Rescue" is a conclusion of "The Kindred" two-parter. So I think that TLM should be fitting into that four episodes story-line, and so, there may be Michael in there.

GoSpikey
February 19th, 2008, 12:29 PM

No one is stalking Das, honestly!

*Sneaks up to das, pokes her, and runs away in stealth*

:D

Oh das and co, where did you get the information from that Michael isn't in The Last Man? :S

We're getting 4 Michael eps after each other... Silly peeps.

dasNdanger
February 19th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Oh das and co, where did you get the information from that Michael isn't in The Last Man? :S

I didn't know. I really try to avoid spoilers because they make me crazy, so all I knew is that Todd is in TLM, or at least his knife is... :p

NO idea what episodes Michael is in - I heard a couple next season, but not sure. What I REALLY wanna know is if Todd will be in more than one episode next season, or what. Someone go ask JM. :D (not me, I already whine too much about the Wraith on his blog...)

das

ziga1980
February 19th, 2008, 01:05 PM

i certainly hope so. i LOVE Micheal. it's his hatred towards humans, towards atlantis expedition. he only follows his hatred and wants nothing less than a painful death of everyone on atlantis...expect Ronon i guess, since he wants to fight him and than kill him. leaving the hatred for a second, he is clearly very intelligent. he created those bugs to protect himself, and clearly those we saw were not the only ones. Micheal should become our number one enemy. it be cool. the wraith want him dead, we want him dead (even though we don't have the guts to kill him) and he wants us and the wraith dead. a season where Micheal fights us and the wraith would be very good. and Todd eventually comes to us seeking an alliance to find Micheal and kill him...but it's just wishful thinking.

kymeric
February 19th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I wanna see a gate open and thousands of those things come pouring out. Yikes! Prolly just kill myself to save myself from the feeling of being eaten by anthropromorphized bugs.

Sparrow_hawk
February 19th, 2008, 04:41 PM
I'm new to the forum, but have been following some of the discussions here and thought I would chime in.

I agree that both Todd and Michael present different faces of the Wraith and I think there could easily be room for both to continue as part of the plot for the next season.

Personally, I would love to see some episodes that give us more insight into Wraith culture and history, and, more specifically, Todd's past. And I hope the writers give Todd the chance to cut loose and give us some good ol' Wraith aggression like he did in Common Ground. He may not want to make enemies of Shepard's team at the moment, but he can't be a nice guy ALL of the time.

If it came down to a one on one between Michael and Todd, I think Todd would definitely be the victor. He has the age, wisdom, experience (and possibly the treachery) to overcome Michael's youth, skill and army of bug soldiers. That should be the outcome -- unless, of course, it doesn't fit with the writers' plans.

GoSpikey
February 19th, 2008, 04:48 PM
I'm new to the forum, but have been following some of the discussions here and thought I would chime in.

I agree that both Todd and Michael present different faces of the Wraith and I think there could easily be room for both to continue as part of the plot for the next season.

Personally, I would love to see some episodes that give us more insight into Wraith culture and history, and, more specifically, Todd's past. And I hope the writers give Todd the chance to cut loose and give us some good ol' Wraith aggression like he did in Common Ground. He may not want to make enemies of Shepard's team at the moment, but he can't be a nice guy ALL of the time.

If it came down to a one on one between Michael and Todd, I think Todd would definitely be the victor. He has the age, wisdom, experience (and possibly the treachery) to overcome Michael's youth, skill and army of bug soldiers. That should be the outcome -- unless, of course, it doesn't fit with the writers' plans.

Welcome to the board, and congrats on your first ever post on GW!

I've just finished watching "The Gift", and that scientist storyline kind of would be soooo for Todd. Experimenting on humans to make the feeding process more efficient... But efficient in what way we do not know, or can't I remember? Maybe make them stronger, longer lasting? So less people are required.

Great ep.

Sparrow_hawk
February 19th, 2008, 06:06 PM
I didn't know. I really try to avoid spoilers because they make me crazy, so all I knew is that Todd is in TLM, or at least his knife is... :p

NO idea what episodes Michael is in - I heard a couple next season, but not sure. What I REALLY wanna know is if Todd will be in more than one episode next season, or what. Someone go ask JM. :D (not me, I already whine too much about the Wraith on his blog...)

das
Spikey,

Thanks for the welcome! It's nice to find other people who enjoy chatting about SGA's Wraith. And here I thought I was the only one who thought Todd was sexy!

But I'm really confused by something das mentioned. Todd's knife? What knife? I pay pretty close attention when he is on-screen, and don't ever recall seeing a knife. Unless the "knife" is that little purple thing he is wearing on his left hand in "Be All My Sins Remembered"?

ciannwn
February 20th, 2008, 02:50 AM
But efficient in what way we do not know, or can't I remember?

'The Gift' doesn't explain what this Wraith scientist was trying to achieve. All it tells us is how is how his experiment went wrong.

Sparrow_hawk
February 20th, 2008, 05:07 AM
'The Gift' doesn't explain what this Wraith scientist was trying to achieve. All it tells us is how is how his experiment went wrong.
Spoiler for "The Gift" follows and I'm not sure I truly understand how to block them yet! I hope this works. If it doesn't, please forgive me. I'll keep working on it.

Ciannwn,
I agree. In "The Gift" it is the Atlantis team that speculates that the Wraith were trying to improve the herd by infusing Wraith genes. The actual intention of the Wraith scientist running the experiment is unknown. But whatever his intention, it seems to have been rather unpopular with some of the other Wraith since they "killed" the project and all those created by it. At least all they could catch. Since Teyla's ancestors survived to pass the gene along, they clearly didn't get them all.

Spikey,

I wondered about Todd and the research facility too. I'm still trying to figure out what Todd's knowledge base actually is. He is (or was) pretty clearly a hive commander and has vast knowledge of "ancient technology" (perhaps because he created some of it?) but I kind of thought of him as a computers and physics kind of guy rather than a biotech expert. Of course if you have the lifespan of a Wraith and live for thousands of years, even if you had to hibernate for much of it, you might be able to become a expert in many different fields.

YutheGreat
February 20th, 2008, 05:53 AM
I am going for Todd. He is a better candidate as the face of the Wraith. He is cunning, treacherous, resourceful, tenacious. Yet he has a kind of code of honor about him. Ultimately, it is because he has better personality. I just love Wraith Humor hahahaha!!!!!!!!!

GoSpikey
February 20th, 2008, 09:27 AM
I am going for Todd. He is a better candidate as the face of the Wraith.

Not to mention he still has a Wraith-face. :D

dasNdanger
February 20th, 2008, 02:49 PM
But I'm really confused by something das mentioned. Todd's knife? What knife? I pay pretty close attention when he is on-screen, and don't ever recall seeing a knife. Unless the "knife" is that little purple thing he is wearing on his left hand in "Be All My Sins Remembered"?

Oh, sorry. The knife is from concept art for The Last Man. I thought everyone knew about it because we've talked about it before. It's kinda cool (From JM's blog - TLM Spoilers!):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/dasNdanger/toddsknife.jpg

das

GoSpikey
February 20th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Oh, sorry. The knife is from concept art for The Last Man. I thought everyone knew about it because we've talked about it before. It's kinda cool (From JM's blog - TLM Spoilers!):

das

Such a pretty thing... :P

I hope he shoves it into an enemy, rather than a friend... :cool:

naamiaiset
February 20th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I always wondered what weapons the wraith have besides stunners. wouldn't mind seeing more of those. :D

Zanlee
February 20th, 2008, 04:46 PM

das

PRETTY! I would love to see a place like House of Knifes start carrying a collectors edition of a knife like that.
Drools...

^_^

GoSpikey
February 20th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I always wondered what weapons the wraith have besides stunners. wouldn't mind seeing more of those. :D

Some Wraith are stunners! :o :o :o

naamiaiset
February 20th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Some Wraith are stunners! :o :o :o
:lol: I couldn't agree more!

GoSpikey
February 20th, 2008, 05:13 PM
:lol: I couldn't agree more!

:p :p :p

Sparrow_hawk
February 20th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Such a pretty thing... :P

I hope he shoves it into an enemy, rather than a friend... :cool:
What a gorgeous piece of weaponry! And with that wonderful organo-tech Wraith style... Thank you for sharing it. I do so love pointy things. Sorry for making you rehash old info, but I just joined the forums yesterday and have not caught up on all of the chat. Please bear with me while I struggle to keep up.

And I still haven't joined the Wraith Defense group. So much to do, so little time.

ziga1980
February 21st, 2008, 02:26 AM
I am going for Todd. He is a better candidate as the face of the Wraith. He is cunning, treacherous, resourceful, tenacious. Yet he has a kind of code of honor about him. Ultimately, it is because he has better personality. I just love Wraith Humor hahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Michael has honor. He's probably the most honorable wraith there is. Teyla lied to him and that's why he wants to kill her. Ronon never lied to him and wanted to kill him, that's why Micheal respects him.

Some might even argue that Todd's cooperation (resourcefulness) is a sing of weakness therefor he's not as honorable wraith. A real wraith would have used the first opportunity to kill rodney and as many others as he could.

ciannwn
February 21st, 2008, 03:07 AM
Some might even argue that Todd's cooperation (resourcefulness) is a sing of weakness therefor he's not as honorable wraith. A real wraith would have used the first opportunity to kill rodney and as many others as he could.

'Real' Wraith have human worshippers. From 'Common Ground' before Todd got his name.

WRAITH: The gift of life is reserved only for our most devout worshippers ... and our brothers.

Was Todd lying here seeing as the Ori followers carried on being devout even though 'Origen' never led any of them to ascension? I'm guessing it would be easier to fool people by saying they hadn't followed an ascension path properly so their minds and bodies weren't up to it. If Wraith worshippers had never met anyone who'd received the gift of life it would be more difficult to keep them devout.

Seeing as Wraith use humans for various tasks I don't find it odd for Todd to work with humans for his own advantage.

ziga1980
February 21st, 2008, 04:48 AM
'Real' Wraith have human worshippers. From 'Common Ground' before Todd got his name.

WRAITH: The gift of life is reserved only for our most devout worshippers ... and our brothers.

Was Todd lying here seeing as the Ori followers carried on being devout even though 'Origen' never led any of them to ascension? I'm guessing it would be easier to fool people by saying they hadn't followed an ascension path properly so their minds and bodies weren't up to it. If Wraith worshippers had never met anyone who'd received the gift of life it would be more difficult to keep them devout.

Seeing as Wraith use humans for various tasks I don't find it odd for Todd to work with humans for his own advantage.

having your underlings do the dirty job is fine. having worshipers is even better. but i guess working with them is humiliating. try to imagine working with a cow...that's how the real wraith look at us. i think...

ciannwn
February 21st, 2008, 04:57 AM
having your underlings do the dirty job is fine. having worshipers is even better. but i guess working with them is humiliating. try to imagine working with a cow...that's how the real wraith look at us. i think...

Before Todd got his name.

WRAITH: We have a deal. Seven hives will join us in the fight.

SHEPPARD: Seven? You said twelve.

WRAITH: Not all of them were convinced that the mission was achievable, plus many of our ships are without Queens. We'd be unable to create new soldiers should they fall. If you prefer none ...

Each hive ship would have had a commander or Queen so these Wraith were willing to fight beside humans to get rid of the Asurans. This indicates that Todd isn't unique for choosing to work with humans under unusual circumstances. Even the other 5 hives commanders seem to have declined for reasons other than finding the idea too humiliating.

YutheGreat
February 21st, 2008, 07:24 AM
Michael has honor. He's probably the most honorable wraith there is. Teyla lied to him and that's why he wants to kill her. Ronon never lied to him and wanted to kill him, that's why Micheal respects him.

You have a point.

One has to respect Michael's honor. At least he is straight forward with his intentions. I can appreciate that kind of enemy because at least he is not deceitful. He may be a murdering megalomaniac but at least he didn't lie about. I am serious. Yes, Michael may be more honorable between the two. I concede this point.

Todd's acts may moreso be for self interest than honor. I like both characters but as to who the face of the Wraith is that has to be Todd because he is still Wraith.

Michael will be the face of his own warrior race. The species I would like to refer to as the Uberatus (Uber- Iratus) the species he created. It will take a lot of work but they may one day be a bigger threat than the Wraith.

dasNdanger
February 21st, 2008, 11:15 AM
I have only a limited amount of time, but since the 'worshippers, and our brothers' comment was brought up...there is something I was thinking about today....

Wouldn't it be interesting if they discovered that the Wraith's human DNA is not just 'human' - but specifically from EARTH. If they could come up with some way of explaining it - that humans who originally evolved on Earth have a special strand of DNA that doesn't exist in those who evolved in the PG - and then it's discovered that the Ancients had brought other humans from Earth (non-Ancients) to the PG (perhaps as punishment, slaves, etc - I don't know enough about the Ancients to know how they are), and that it is from feeding on these that the Iratus bug evolved into what they are today.

That would mean that the Wraith ARE 'brothers' to the humans from Earth (Sheppard, et al) - that they are very much alike, just as the Wraith have been telling them. It would mean that Earth isn't just another feeding ground - it would be 'home'.

I just think something like that would really shake the Lanteans up a bit - perhaps even forcing them to stop calling Wraith 'things', and 'it', and other demeaning terms, but accepting that they are distant cousins, worthy of respect as living beings.

Just a thought.

das

GoSpikey
February 21st, 2008, 11:20 AM
Just a thought.

das

Nice one, das!

Oh, I've just seen in the telly guide! We're apparently repeating old ER episodes and are now at 21 of season 3 today, which means that, with 4 eps a week, Connor Trinneer will be starring in it on 17th March, one day after we have Vengeance on telly!

*Dies*

Oh, if only they hadn't said that they cancelled Numb3rs for now, cos then we'd had have him again the week after...

*g*

:o :o :o

Zanlee
February 21st, 2008, 11:39 AM

I agree with you, 'True Wraith' don't go around killing humans just because they happen to be there. True some kill for sport, aka Runner and Sateda episodes, but humans are food, and they can't afford to just kill of every human that bugs them. Wait until you get hungry then pounce.

I think Todd knows that value of a human goes farther then just food. He's smart to use this 'friendship' he's got with Sheppard, and use it to meet his own ends.

^_^

GoSpikey
February 21st, 2008, 12:12 PM
I agree with you, 'True Wraith' don't go around killing humans just because they happen to be there. True some kill for sport, aka Runner and Sateda episodes, but humans are food, and they can't afford to just kill of every human that bugs them. Wait until you get hungry then pounce.

I think Todd knows that value of a human goes farther then just food. He's smart to use this 'friendship' he's got with Sheppard, and use it to meet his own ends.

^_^

Exactly what I think. ^_____^

Now if only he can stop deceiving the people he's supposed to be working with.

Sparrow_hawk
February 21st, 2008, 05:53 PM
Exactly what I think. ^_____^

Now if only he can stop deceiving the people he's supposed to be working with.
I think "deceiving" is a bit harsh. Todd just plays his cards very close to his vest (or black leather duster) and only tells his allies as much as he needs them to know. It will be interesting to see the interaction when he meets Sheppard's team again tomorrow.

GoSpikey
February 22nd, 2008, 02:40 AM
I think "deceiving" is a bit harsh. Todd just plays his cards very close to his vest (or black leather duster) and only tells his allies as much as he needs them to know. It will be interesting to see the interaction when he meets Sheppard's team again tomorrow.

Maybe the first time, before time gets reset, he'll walk away? You never know...

TOIVA
March 1st, 2008, 09:51 AM
If only Todd gained some real power, few Hives...
If he hadn't been betrayed for many times, he would already have an army of cloned warriors, ZPM's.....
Poor Todd, he always have to start from the very beginning.

And about Michael's "honor", he made himself a hybrid, that's really honor.

naamiaiset
March 1st, 2008, 11:52 AM
If only Todd gained some real power, few Hives...
If he hadn't been betrayed for many times, he would already have an army of cloned warriors, ZPM's.....
Poor Todd, he always have to start from the very beginning.
in a way, limited power for todd might be for his own good. think if you were atlantis and a member of your enemy race, who you're uneasy allies with, gained power and could potentially pose a serious threat to you. do you think atlantis would tolerate that? I don't. they'd probably take the "destroy it before it destroys us" approach. it'd be nice for todd to regain the standing he had, but it'd hurt him in the end.

he was able to call up 12 hives and convince 7 to fight against the replicators, and not all 7 were destroyed, so he might have more influence than we've seen.

TOIVA
March 1st, 2008, 12:35 PM
in a way, limited power for todd might be for his own good. think if you were atlantis and a member of your enemy race, who you're uneasy allies with, gained power and could potentially pose a serious threat to you. do you think atlantis would tolerate that? I don't. they'd probably take the "destroy it before it destroys us" approach. it'd be nice for todd to regain the standing he had, but it'd hurt him in the end..
Maybe you're right, but still, he's representing an old, experienced (I'd say noble) Wraith, who deserves more.

he was able to call up 12 hives and convince 7 to fight against the replicators, and not all 7 were destroyed, so he might have more influence than we've seen.
So how is that possible he's always someone's prisoner?

naamiaiset
March 1st, 2008, 12:42 PM
Maybe you're right, but still, he's representing an old, experienced (I'd say noble) Wraith, who deserves more.
I agree.

So how is that possible he's always someone's prisoner?
he was prisoner on atlantis by choice. he needed help and I'm sure he was aware he'd be kept locked up.

it wasn't by todd's doing that he was prisoner on the hive ship, his scientist betrayed him. that had nothing to do with being able to rally the hives together. maybe he's just good at persuasion. ;)

TOIVA
March 1st, 2008, 12:50 PM
he was prisoner on atlantis by choice. he needed help and I'm sure he was aware he'd be kept locked up.

it wasn't by todd's doing that he was prisoner on the hive ship, his scientist betrayed him. that had nothing to do with being able to rally the hives together. maybe he's just good at persuasion. ;)
OK, but he's obviously not able to persuade the guards of enemy prisons.;)

naamiaiset
March 1st, 2008, 12:54 PM
OK, but he's obviously not able to persuade the guards of enemy prisons.;)
all he'd have to do is control their mind. ;)

TOIVA
March 1st, 2008, 01:01 PM
all he'd have to do is control their mind. ;)

Talking about mind-control, aren't only the Queens able of it (and Michael, in some way)?

naamiaiset
March 1st, 2008, 01:04 PM
Talking about mind-control, aren't only the Queens able of it (and Michael, in some way)?
a queen's control is the strongest, but I think all wraith can do it to some extent... except maybe the warriors. michael was able to control teyla (because of "the gift"?) and wraith can make people see things, which might be connected to it somehow too.

TOIVA
March 1st, 2008, 01:37 PM
Then Todd should be able to manipulate somehow the Wraith warriors, which, however, doesn't seem to be the case.:S

naamiaiset
March 1st, 2008, 01:40 PM
true... who knows, it's all speculation til writers tell us otherwise.

TOIVA
March 1st, 2008, 02:28 PM
I'm just interested in what Todd's going to become. Now, he seems once again nearly without power, in one Wraith base, trying to find a cure to Michael's "galactic sickness" and destroy him. Michael, on the other hand, seems to control quite a lot of people and possibly ships.

naamiaiset
March 1st, 2008, 02:32 PM
I'm just interested in what Todd's going to become. Now, he seems once again nearly without power, in one Wraith base, trying to find a cure to Michael's "galactic sickness" and destroy him. Michael, on the other hand, seems to control quite a lot of people and possibly ships.
you should read the last few pages of the wraith defenders club thread. it's already being talked about what's going to happen to todd now in the finale.

FN-P90
March 1st, 2008, 06:02 PM
I'd put my money on Michael killing Todd.

TOIVA
March 1st, 2008, 06:51 PM

What is leading you for such conclusion?

Degilwen
March 2nd, 2008, 10:11 AM
I don´t think that Michael Kill Todd. I think more that Todd and the Atlantis people make a alliance

Aidan
March 2nd, 2008, 11:04 AM
No way, I don't think Michael could kill Todd.

Todd knows how to play his cards. I believe Todd is much too cunning and efficient to be killed off by Michael. Todd is somewhat of an "ally" to Atlantis as it stands. In addition, his character is humorous and multi-dimensional. I doubt the writers would put Todd on the chopping block anytime soon.

naamiaiset
March 2nd, 2008, 11:21 AM
No way, I don't think Michael could kill Todd.

Todd knows how to play his cards. I believe Todd is much too cunning and efficient to be killed off by Michael. Todd is somewhat of an "ally" to Atlantis as it stands. In addition, his character is humorous and multi-dimensional. I doubt the writers would put Todd on the chopping block anytime soon.
I agree. like I said in another post here, todd's character has been a great insight into the wraith and has too much potential to waste by killing him. hopefully the writers see it the same way.

TOIVA
March 2nd, 2008, 01:26 PM
I think Todd will ally (he already did, in fact, in The Kindred Part 1) with us to fight out Michael. And I think we will eventually succeed, we will destroy Michael with all his "inventions" in season 5, I hope, I believe so.

naamiaiset
March 2nd, 2008, 01:41 PM
plus, todd/wraith have an advantage over michael. michael rid himself of the need to feed, but wraith can clone warriors in greater numbers (and quicker) than michael can create his frankenbugs. I think that's the difference maker.

JohnRico
March 2nd, 2008, 03:26 PM
I think Todd will end up being the face of the wraith. It could be possible that Todd could show the Wraith that humans are not actually that bad at all & Todd alone shows that both can work together. Michael is out for himself & will kill anyone that gets in his way. That type always fails & with Atlantis pretty much every now & then teaming up with Todd & as Michael showed they can come up with a way to take away the Wraiths need to feed & then they will be left alone which is what they want. At this point Todd has a far better chance then Michael to be the one to make it out alive

Degilwen
March 2nd, 2008, 03:40 PM
You have see the new Trailer on MGM??

JohnRico
March 2nd, 2008, 04:05 PM
You have see the new Trailer on MGM??

I have but trust me when I say all trailers are edited to be misleading one way or another

naamiaiset
March 2nd, 2008, 04:08 PM
I have but trust me when I say all trailers are edited to be misleading one way or another
that's the point. at least sci-fi didn't give away the ending this time. ;)

Seperated@Birth?
March 2nd, 2008, 08:14 PM

Actually, I think that Michael will be the one to die and I think that Teyla is going to be the one to do it.

I also think that Todd may end up getting Michael's "therapy" and will no longer have to feed on humans.

LiquidSky
March 2nd, 2008, 09:30 PM
As the last Wraith "standing", I would like it to be Todd being that Michael is partly Wraith now. He may not count, so that leaves Todd. Not unless we are introduce a new Wraith character in season five which is highly unlikely. Then that still leaves Todd. I think It would not be so easy to get rid of the wraith, even with the threat of poison. TPTB have not even us inkling on what's going to happen in the next season where the wraith are concerned. I just had this thought about Michael at the very last of TLMS he escapes leaving us to wonder when he will pop up in the future with more threats of ruling the galaxy kinda like a Darth Vader:( with his half wraith/human/ bug army.

LS

StarOcean
March 2nd, 2008, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by FN-P90 : I'd put my money on Michael killing Todd.

You know... I wonder how much Michael would hate Todd? Especially if he found out that Sheppard didn't betray him when they struck a deal in Common Ground. And though Todd had no part in Michael's rejection, with him being a Genii captive at the time, he's a full Wraith.

I think I want to see some Todd whump at the hands of Michael. *shifty-eyes*

naamiaiset
March 2nd, 2008, 10:30 PM
You know... I wonder how much Michael would hate Todd? Especially if he found out that Sheppard didn't betray him when they struck a deal in Common Ground. And though Todd had no part in Michael's rejection, with him being a Genii captive at the time, he's a full Wraith.

I think I want to see some Todd whump at the hands of Michael. *shifty-eyes*
the short answer, yes, michael probably would hate todd. michael is trying to wipe out wraith (which todd tried to also in spoils of war, but...) and todd is one. I doubt the two could strike a deal either.

Degilwen
March 3rd, 2008, 09:31 AM
I think that Todd and Sheppard Fight together with Ronon and McKay again Michael. I think Todd is too much Wraith that he tolerated Michaels experiment ...

talyn2k1
March 3rd, 2008, 03:03 PM
I don't think there is enough Wraith left in Michael for him to be the face of the Wraith. He is more out on his own now, not human and not Wraith either.

I can see that there is plenty of room for Todd to act as face of the Wraith, with Michael still being an independent threat both to the humans and the Wraith of Pegasus.

TOIVA
March 6th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Actually, I think that Michael will be the one to die and I think that Teyla is going to be the one to do it.
Yeah, that might happen. Teyla is the one to understand him the best, and so, it would be nice she's also the one to kill him, with some help of the new Beckett maybe.

Jaffa Teal'c
March 6th, 2008, 07:00 AM
i think that todd and the people from Atlantis think they have killed michael but he has escaped again and will be back even more poweful

TOIVA
March 6th, 2008, 11:38 AM
i think that todd and the people from Atlantis think they have killed michael but he has escaped again and will be back even more poweful

You mean, they will think after TLM?

Jaffa Teal'c
March 7th, 2008, 01:45 AM
ya

TOIVA
March 8th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Well, they don't think that yet. They know Michael's still alive, because they've done nothing in TLM.

Wraithworshipper
March 15th, 2008, 01:03 PM
I'm new here, so I've just found this discussion, but I think Todd will survive over Michael...unless Michael manages to dump a ton of hate. He wants BOTH Wraith and Humans gone in favor of his new hybrids. As for Michael's demise, Teyla's love interest may do him in, or possibly provide the distraction for someone else to eliminate Michael.

Todd provides all sorts of possible story variations. Suppose an enemy of Todd's approaches Atlantis with a deal to get rid of Todd? Suppose the Human influence on Todd leads to a liason with a Human? Or some other Human gives another Wraith of an opposing Hive the benefit of the doubt, and the two Wraith square off to vie for the loyalty, as it were, of Atlantis?

Just a few thoughts.

TOIVA
March 15th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I'm new here, so I've just found this discussion, but I think Todd will survive over Michael...unless Michael manages to dump a ton of hate. He wants BOTH Wraith and Humans gone in favor of his new hybrids. As for Michael's demise, Teyla's love interest may do him in, or possibly provide the distraction for someone else to eliminate Michael.
I hope for that.:cool:

Todd provides all sorts of possible story variations. Suppose an enemy of Todd's approaches Atlantis with a deal to get rid of Todd? Suppose the Human influence on Todd leads to a liason with a Human? Or some other Human gives another Wraith of an opposing Hive the benefit of the doubt, and the two Wraith square off to vie for the loyalty, as it were, of Atlantis?

Just a few thoughts.
Well, I can't really imagine us fighting, and actually trying to eliminate Todd, and I hope that will never happen.:( And I doubt that Sheppard, for example, (or maybe even the others from the team) could kill Todd.;)

Wraithworshipper
March 15th, 2008, 07:48 PM
If another Wraith were to approach Atlantis with a proposal to get rid of Todd, I don't see Atlantis actively participating. I can, however, see Atlantis standing back to watch as the dust clears. Of course, I would imagine there would be those who'd find a measure of relief to see Todd still standing.

You know how it is. The enemy I know....

tombombadil
March 15th, 2008, 08:25 PM
i'm hoping todd. he views feeding as a means of survival and doesn't get any sick pleasure from it like other wraith do. and todd seems like he'd be willing to negotiate with humans, michael is kind of against anyone that's not a freaky hybrid.

Wraithworshipper
March 16th, 2008, 08:03 AM
I don't really blame Michael for how he feels. He got screwed by both sides. It was bad for Todd when he was captured because that led to him being ridiculed, but Michael was used for experimentation. He may have reverted to being Wraith, but he was tainted, thus he was rejected by his kind. Neither side wanted him.

On a petty real life level, I had found myself caught between two sides, both having once been friends, both sides angry with me for things I either didn't do or had no control over, and I've got to tell you. It was major fun when I'd finally had enough had spilled the secrets of both groups with the other. I got down right dirty and personal. They'd kept me twisted up, torn up inside, and sleepless for damn near a year, and I had a blast when I paid them all back in spades! Yup. I do feel for Michael.

I think, though, that even so, it's too late to save Michael. He'd have to dump some major amounts of hate, but how could he do it in a way for Atlantis to believe. [I]Then[I] if Atlantis did believe him, he'd need the support of Atlantis to survive. Right...with Teyla and her people around? He'd need Teyla's forgiveness, and that could happen how/when?

kymeric
March 16th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Suppose the Human influence on Todd leads to a liason with a Human?

I can say with 175% certinity that i will never have sex with any nonhumans no matter how much i like them, or how drunk i am. lol.

kymeric
March 16th, 2008, 10:49 AM

............. sick thot, wut if michael turns todd human? Well it would just be awkward between todd and halling for one... ;-)

Wraithworshipper
March 16th, 2008, 03:59 PM
What if an emotional, but not yet physical, liason with a human fem leads Todd to seek to be human?

GoSpikey
March 16th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I can say with 175% certinity that i will never have sex with any nonhumans no matter how much i like them, or how drunk i am. lol.

*Pauses Common Ground to make a comment on this post, even though it's a silly comment*

*Watches the image freeze on Todd's handgina...*

Oops... :o

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

Never say never!

*Drools over Todd and Michael*

Ma boys.

Wraithworshipper
March 16th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Yup. That would require an actor change, but think what a spot that would put the Atlanteans in? What would they do with a human Todd? What could they do? Give him back to the Wraith? Send him to Earth? Welcome him into the "family", so to speak?

Wraithworshipper
March 16th, 2008, 04:13 PM
4 of us sitting here...waiting for someone else to say something....

GoSpikey
March 16th, 2008, 04:26 PM
There would absolutely be no point at all in turning Todd Human. It would ruin the character, and for many people, the show too.

Todd is best kept where he is, Commander of his own Hive, and working together, in secret, with the Lanteans from time to time. He wants to kind of bring the Wraith to a new era, one where they're one big happy family again (or not that big, since he plans on taking out a whole bunch of them) and he wants to lead that group.

It would be great to see them find an alternate food source for the Wraith, meaning not taking that many human lives any more, but find a solution in creating clones, so they don't have to half-starve before culling again, etc. If such a chance would ever exist, it's with Todd. Therefore he can't/won't die/be killed off.

Michael will die before Todd goes. Besides, they already had Todd dying because of Michael in TLM, so that's been done. But I do still hope there's a chance for Michael, out there, too. I hope he'll at least turn less evil in season 5 and next ones, because he didn't have any emotions left at the end, so that's no good either.

Wraithworshipper
March 16th, 2008, 04:35 PM
I am merely speaking in terms of speculation. Every plot change requires adjustments, and great imagination.

Also, I truly hope that those "many people" who seem to feel that Todd is the only thing keeping SGA going are mistaken. That would be so sad for all those other talented actors.

YutheGreat
March 17th, 2008, 05:06 AM
I am merely speaking in terms of speculation. Every plot change requires adjustments, and great imagination.

Also, I truly hope that those "many people" who seem to feel that Todd is the only thing keeping SGA going are mistaken. That would be so sad for all those other talented actors.

I can't speak for everyone. For me, I think Todd makes SGA interesting storywise. I do not minimize the actors. My point of view is simple. I like the characters more than the actors but this does not mean I don't like the actors who play them...

Michael and Todd should coexist. An alliance with Todd will only work if there is a bigger threat than Todd and the Wraith. As we have seen in TLM Michael is that threat. Of course this doesn't mean that Todd will not screw SGA when he gets the chance. If Michael wasn't there Todd will be 99% be against us all the time. There is a kind of symbiosis between them...

Wraithworshipper
March 17th, 2008, 09:41 AM
That's just the point I was making in another thread. Although we like Todd, Todd is still a Wraith!

He will feed. He will advance his agenda for the preservation of his hive over all others. Todd will not seek to change the food source of his people if he wants to keep their loyalty to him. To do so would make them less than Wraith, and as I said before, Todd is still a Wraith!

atfan
March 17th, 2008, 10:49 AM

Just a few thoughts.

I agree Todd has made the Wraith interesting Micheal is just insane. I hope Michael dies or is at least defeated unable to create more virus or chaos.
I like Todd and any Wraith with a sense of humor gets my vote.

atfan
March 17th, 2008, 10:57 AM
That's just the point I was making in another thread. Although we like Todd, Todd is still a Wraith!

He will feed. He will advance his agenda for the preservation of his hive over all others. Todd will not seek to change the food source of his people if he wants to keep their loyalty to him. To do so would make them less than Wraith, and as I said before, Todd is still a Wraith!

This is true but he is a Wraith who realizes that an alliance and communication is a good thing. I disagree about the food source only because the Wraith are realizing that is their achilles heel. They need humans and are dependent on them if they suddenly weren't anymore they would be better off in the long run. I can see him expermenting with ways to ensure that the Wraith need to feed less often or a substitiute food source for them that will still keep them alive. The whole reason they went into that statis thing was because their was not enough humans in the Pegasus galaxy for them to continually feed from.

dasNdanger
March 17th, 2008, 11:02 AM
I can't speak for everyone. For me, I think Todd makes SGA interesting storywise. I do not minimize the actors. My point of view is simple. I like the characters more than the actors but this does not mean I don't like the actors who play them...

Yeah, I'm the same way - always more of a fan of the character than the actor - usually I don't even know who the actors are - except Johnny Depp...HIM, I know. ;) Been a Depp fan for 20 years, and only Depp, Cary Grant, Humphrey Bogart and Clint Eastwood have won my devotion, so it's not common for me to be a fan of an 'actor', but rather the characters they portray.

As far as turning Todd 'human' - well, that would just ruin him. He's Wraith - we need to keep Wraith characters alive and well, and keep developing them AS Wraith. So much potential there, and the whole 'feeding on humans' thing shouldn't be an obstacle, but a stepping stone to bigger and better stories. Nothing says that the Wraith MUST stop feeding on humans (unless that's a goal for TPTB) - you can still keep them Wraith, keep their diet the same, and yet find SOME way to allow them to exist in the same galaxy without constantly trying to kill each other (sure, the Wraith will still kill humans for food - but how many humans will the HUMANS keep killing as well? Seems the Lanteans don't feel bad about the humans they kill, so why do they take such offense when the Wraith do the same? ;) )

Michael and Todd should coexist. An alliance with Todd will only work if there is a bigger threat than Todd and the Wraith. As we have seen in TLM Michael is that threat. Of course this doesn't mean that Todd will not screw SGA when he gets the chance. If Michael wasn't there Todd will be 99% be against us all the time. There is a kind of symbiosis between them...

Yeah - keeping a bigger and badder enemy around can only help push Todd and the Lanteans closer together in an alliance. So, Michael's presence, or any other big baddie, could only help 'our' cause (which is, of course - MORE TODD!)

And that's why we love him. However, Todd might find an alternative to feeding on humans because - unlike in the past - he now realizes it's his greatest weakness. He still wants to feed on them, but he may be forced to find another source if he wishes to survive. I've mentioned several times that - for me - the BEST case scenario would be to find an enzyme or something that allows Wraith to digest and gain nutrition from normal food - but that DOES NOT diminish their appetite for humans, or ability to feed on them. This way they remain Wraith in every sense, but with an option to gain nutrition from another, albeit less desirable, source. It would be much like an alcoholic who stops drinking, but still craves the alcohol. He may eventually fall of the 'wagon', and take that drink. Likewise, with an alternative food source, a Wraith could gain nutrition from it, but not complete satisfaction. So, once in a while, there'd be the chance that he might 'fall off the wagon', and feed on a human.

It would allow for a coexistence with Wraith, while keeping the danger ever present.

das

Wraithworshipper
March 17th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I agree that their limited food source is their Achilles Heel, and yes, Todd realizes this as well. Finding an enzyme that would allow the Wraith to feed on regular food, as they do as children (remember...their bodies don't require they start feeding on human's until they start puberty), would be a great compromise, but they are predators. They may not show Todd feeding often (and when we have seen him feed on a Genai, he was really pissed at the time--Common Ground), he's not shy/apologetic about it. When their food source became threatened, he did begin feeding on other Wraith as they were a "safe" food.

I think that Wraith getting their jollies being blood thirsty feeders is about like vampires. The chemicals released by the abject fear adds a bit of "spice" to the flavor. It's also a power trip. "I'm gonna look you right in the eyes as I feed on you, and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it!"

Mmmm! Sounds like lunch to me!

Fjord
March 18th, 2008, 07:21 PM
I used to think that Todd would be the face of the Wraith....but now Micheal has shown everyone that he is ready to wreap devastion on PG glaxy while Todd struggles to maintain his power and prestige amongst the wraith......

ciannwn
March 19th, 2008, 07:00 AM
I used to think that Todd would be the face of the Wraith....but now Micheal has shown everyone that he is ready to wreap devastion on PG glaxy while Todd struggles to maintain his power and prestige amongst the wraith......

Todd is still a pure Wraith while Michael is now a hybrid. If we're thinking of the 'face of the Wraith' as revealing more about Wraith culture and history it has to be Todd.

naamiaiset
March 19th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Yeah, I'm the same way - always more of a fan of the character than the actor - usually I don't even know who the actors are - except Johnny Depp...HIM, I know. ;) Been a Depp fan for 20 years
must say, you have a good taste in actors. ;)

dasNdanger
March 19th, 2008, 11:46 AM
I agree that their limited food source is their Achilles Heel, and yes, Todd realizes this as well. Finding an enzyme that would allow the Wraith to feed on regular food, as they do as children (remember...their bodies don't require they start feeding on human's until they start puberty), would be a great compromise, but they are predators. They may not show Todd feeding often (and when we have seen him feed on a Genai, he was really pissed at the time--Common Ground), he's not shy/apologetic about it. When their food source became threatened, he did begin feeding on other Wraith as they were a "safe" food.

I think that Wraith getting their jollies being blood thirsty feeders is about like vampires. The chemicals released by the abject fear adds a bit of "spice" to the flavor. It's also a power trip. "I'm gonna look you right in the eyes as I feed on you, and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it!"

Mmmm! Sounds like lunch to me!

Yes, totally agree. That's why - IF they find a food alternative - I'd like for the Wraith to still have the ability to feed on humans, and more importantly - the DESIRE. That way you could have the Wraith who control the urge to feed on humans, opting instead for a 'normal' diet, but always fighting the urge to suck the life out of the guy next to him. Would allow for alliances without taking away the danger.

Then they can use their predatory nature for other things...not all good, of course. They may still try to trick and deceive people for their own advantage, may still try to control the galaxy, may still be a huge threat - but at the same time it would allow for some to try to coexist with humans.

But that's my fantasy, not that of TPTB. They probably will just use the same boring formula used in SG1 - we can almost see it coming. Wraith will eventually be annihilated, and a new foe will rise in their place. So much easier to do that way than to try to find a way to allow the Wraith a permanent place in the PG.

das

TOIVA
March 22nd, 2008, 04:18 PM
Yes, totally agree. That's why - IF they find a food alternative - I'd like for the Wraith to still have the ability to feed on humans, and more importantly - the DESIRE. That way you could have the Wraith who control the urge to feed on humans, opting instead for a 'normal' diet, but always fighting the urge to suck the life out of the guy next to him. Would allow for alliances without taking away the danger.

Then they can use their predatory nature for other things...not all good, of course. They may still try to trick and deceive people for their own advantage, may still try to control the galaxy, may still be a huge threat - but at the same time it would allow for some to try to coexist with humans.

But that's my fantasy, not that of TPTB. They probably will just use the same boring formula used in SG1 - we can almost see it coming. Wraith will eventually be annihilated, and a new foe will rise in their place. So much easier to do that way than to try to find a way to allow the Wraith a permanent place in the PG.

das

Yes, that would be great to live in the same galaxy the Wraith live in, the same planet, and meet one in the dark forest going to a pub. What would he do, attack me, or just accompany me on the way?:):)
Sure TPTB should use your formula, Das.;)

Valtharus
March 23rd, 2008, 01:47 PM
Todd!

I hate michaels character

TOIVA
March 23rd, 2008, 04:35 PM
Todd!

I hate michaels character
Indeed!
So simple and so eloquent!!!

sparkygate
March 23rd, 2008, 07:01 PM
it would be such a bizarre twist if Michael turned out to be Todds brother (biological/ from the same fractions- before they broke off to there separate queens/ hives)

Michael being a scientistic

Todd being a military commander

TOIVA
March 24th, 2008, 02:40 AM
it would be such a bizarre twist if Michael turned out to be Todds brother (biological/ from the same fractions- before they broke off to there separate queens/ hives)

Michael being a scientistic

Todd being a military commander
Yeah, bizzare for the least. I mean it's all right how it is now: Todd wants to kill someone, who's a tread for everyone in the galaxy, and primarily the Wraith with himself included. It's more than sufficient, now let's make it finished.:wraith37:

TOIVA
March 27th, 2008, 07:56 AM
As it's not yet posted here, and I think it should:
(from Joe Mallozi's blog)

cool writes: “Are we going to see more of Todd the Wraith in Season 5? He always seems to be working on his own, which is interesting since the Wraith seem so hive-oriented. Does he have a Wraith Queen he answers to?”

Answer: Your last question will be answered this season. So far, we have Todd slated for three appearances.
:wraith37::wraith37::wraith37:I think Todd will overlive Michael, now I'm pretty sure....

GoSpikey
March 27th, 2008, 04:13 PM
As it's not yet posted here, and I think it should:
(from Joe Mallozi's blog)

:wraith37::wraith37::wraith37:I think Todd will overlive Michael, now I'm pretty sure....

Well, in order to fit the thread, you kinda need to have a Wraithy face, which can only mean Todd... :)

Oh, as I'm just spotting the correction lines under 'overlive'... You outlive someone... ;)

taffy rose
March 27th, 2008, 06:26 PM
I enjoy Michael but think Todd would beat him ..

Kimberly

GoSpikey
March 27th, 2008, 06:53 PM
I enjoy Michael but think Todd would beat him ..

Kimberly

But maybe since both boys are Wraith they'll avoid a direct confrontation... :D

Todd loves being sneaky, and take stuff down behind Michael's back, and Michael surely wouldn't be stupid enough to go up against Todd...

Like in a direct fight. Wraith against Hybrid.

Preferably suitably dressed, in a mud bath...

Oh, not that again. Go to bed, you tired brain. :P

PG15
March 27th, 2008, 07:46 PM
More info on Todd...

Aidan writes: “Todd is my favorite character; I feel like dancing! May I ask, are the three episodes he will be appearing in (so far) set in the first half of the season?”

Answer: More or less.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/03/27/march-27-2008-wtf-invitations-an-old-friend-drops-by/

The_Carpenter
March 27th, 2008, 07:49 PM
More info on Todd...

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/03/27/march-27-2008-wtf-invitations-an-old-friend-drops-by/
Cool.... though I hope he doesn't get killed off, fairly certain he wont be as both the fans and TPTB love him but you never know

Sparrow_hawk
March 27th, 2008, 08:46 PM
But maybe since both boys are Wraith they'll avoid a direct confrontation... :D

Todd loves being sneaky, and take stuff down behind Michael's back, and Michael surely wouldn't be stupid enough to go up against Todd...

Like in a direct fight. Wraith against Hybrid.

Michael will try to use his hybrids against Todd and the other Wraith, but I don't think he'll confront him face to face. Todd might try a sneak attack to take Michael out, though. He's good with a knife.

BTW, Spikey I love the new avatar!

TOIVA
March 28th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Oh, as I'm just spotting the correction lines under 'overlive'... You outlive someone... ;)
Sorry...:o:o

Michael will try to use his hybrids against Todd and the other Wraith, but I don't think he'll confront him face to face. Todd might try a sneak attack to take Michael out, though. He's good with a knife.

He would confront face to face with Todd, only if this last one is his prisoner.;) Otherwise he would flee when even seeing Todd's shadow...

naamiaiset
March 28th, 2008, 05:01 PM
He would confront face to face with Todd, only if this last one is his prisoner.;) Otherwise he would flee when even seeing Todd's shadow...
I too, would bet on todd ;), but we haven't seen michael's fighting skills yet and I'm kind of curious to.

GoSpikey
March 28th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I too, would bet on todd ;), but we haven't seen michael's fighting skills yet and I'm kind of curious to.

It would be nice to have him fight for once, instead of being on repeat, talk-wise!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a172/Wendy_the_Bloody/Michael/michael145.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a172/Wendy_the_Bloody/Michael/michael146.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a172/Wendy_the_Bloody/Michael/michael171.jpg

Apparently, that's all I have on them... :eek:

Silly me, having my attention on his face instead of his arms... :P

naamiaiset
March 28th, 2008, 05:24 PM
It would be nice to have him fight for once, instead of being on repeat, talk-wise!

he had NO fighting skill as a human. :p if he and todd do ever fight, I want to see what's left of his wraith skills come through. :wraith:

taffy rose
March 28th, 2008, 06:02 PM

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a172/Wendy_the_Bloody/Michael/michael171.jpg

Ooh nice pics GoSpikey and Michael as the human is so SCRUMPTIOUS .. Too bad Michael seems destined to be the bad guy since it would have been interesting actually seeing the Wraith into human experimentation continue and where Teyla actually start developing feelings for Michael . A missed opportunity I think on SGA ;)

Kimberly

TOIVA
March 28th, 2008, 06:21 PM
he had NO fighting skill as a human. :p if he and todd do ever fight, I want to see what's left of his wraith skills come through. :wraith:

After being twice a human and now a hybrid??? I think you hope in vain.:S

naamiaiset
March 28th, 2008, 06:27 PM
After being twice a human and now a hybrid??? I think you hope in vain.:S
that's why I said "what's left of" them. being a hybrid wouldn't have caused him the lose the skills he had a wraith, would it?

YutheGreat
March 28th, 2008, 10:00 PM
We have never seen Michael fight. I say Todd woops his ass in a few minutes. We saw him eat an entire Genii seach party in the past. Further Todd can just juiced up before the fight and have the upperhand unless Michael spikes his cattle beforehand.

GoSpikey
March 29th, 2008, 07:27 AM
that's why I said "what's left of" them. being a hybrid wouldn't have caused him the lose the skills he had a wraith, would it?

Hey Naami,

I don't think he lost his skills as a human, or as a Wraith, or as a Hybrid...

As a human, he didn't know he had them. I doubt he used all of his strength at first, Teyla had to encourage him, tell him he did know this stuff, so a bit later he had her down in a heartbeat. Were they to fight for real, it should kinda look like Teyla and Steve's fight. I think every Wraith fights like Steve, getting to use your own strength should be a basic thing among Wraith, right?

He made the 'perfect' mix between humans and Wraith, right? So for him that would be trying to preserve as much as the strengths of the Wraith, but without the feeding, and therefore probably the regeneration power. Meaning they won't heal bullet holes in a heartbeat, but they might heal faster when they got bruises or fractures, or something, because they're still stronger than ordinary people.

Todd's a big man, and he should move somewhat slower than Michael, because of body length and age... But he'll be the more powerful.

Michael would have found loss of skills unacceptable, I imagine. But from the look of his face, he's doing something else to himself, than what he's doing with the Hybrids...? Or it just has a slightly different effect on him because he's changed so often... Poor him. It's a bit of a shame they're headed this way with him, but like he said, he has to be his own man. It was that, or die... And now everybody is going after his lovely b- er... :D

naamiaiset
March 29th, 2008, 11:14 AM
that's what I thought. I was pretty sure michael's fighting skills wouldn't have diminished and from what we've seen of todd's, his aren't slow. he would have the advantage, but I don't think michael would fight fair. I think he'd have his hybrids hidden close by to save him just in case. todd being sly though would likely have a back-up plan also. just let the two have an all out brawl and may the best alien win! :D

GoSpikey
March 29th, 2008, 04:24 PM
that's what I thought. I was pretty sure michael's fighting skills wouldn't have diminished and from what we've seen of todd's, his aren't slow. he would have the advantage, but I don't think michael would fight fair. I think he'd have his hybrids hidden close by to save him just in case. todd being sly though would likely have a back-up plan also. just let the two have an all out brawl and may the best alien win! :D

Yeah, he'll make sure he's always surrounded by his lackeys should something happen... I don't think he still goes places alone, he knows he's in constant danger by starting all that up... He's smarter than to go out alone where he's a target. So the fight won't happen, probably.

TOIVA
March 29th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Hey Naami,

I don't think he lost his skills as a human, or as a Wraith, or as a Hybrid...

As a human, he didn't know he had them. I doubt he used all of his strength at first, Teyla had to encourage him, tell him he did know this stuff, so a bit later he had her down in a heartbeat. Were they to fight for real, it should kinda look like Teyla and Steve's fight. I think every Wraith fights like Steve, getting to use your own strength should be a basic thing among Wraith, right?

He made the 'perfect' mix between humans and Wraith, right? So for him that would be trying to preserve as much as the strengths of the Wraith, but without the feeding, and therefore probably the regeneration power. Meaning they won't heal bullet holes in a heartbeat, but they might heal faster when they got bruises or fractures, or something, because they're still stronger than ordinary people.

Todd's a big man, and he should move somewhat slower than Michael, because of body length and age... But he'll be the more powerful.

Michael would have found loss of skills unacceptable, I imagine. But from the look of his face, he's doing something else to himself, than what he's doing with the Hybrids...? Or it just has a slightly different effect on him because he's changed so often... Poor him. It's a bit of a shame they're headed this way with him, but like he said, he has to be his own man. It was that, or die... And now everybody is going after his lovely b- er... :D

He might have found a "perfect balance", still I think his prior "Wraith" abilities are somewhat diminished, and so, in a fair fight, he would have no chance to win over Todd. Nonetheless, Michael would never play fair game...

wraith queen inga
August 3rd, 2008, 09:41 AM
TODD!i hope he is the one to kill michael!

aduk85
August 3rd, 2008, 09:42 AM
Todd is definately the coolest of the wraith :cool:

GoSpikey
August 3rd, 2008, 02:56 PM
Todd and Michael have nothing to do with each other, so far, so a "Todd will hopefully kill Michael" is a strange statement at this point.

:beckettanime14:

angela21
August 11th, 2008, 06:20 AM
I think Todd will be the last wraith standing, he's the future of the wraith. Michael isn't truly a wraith anymore.

I don't want Michael to die but unless he changes his ways I think he'll eventually have to be killed off. The Atlantis team will start to look stupid if they keep letting him get away.

naamiaiset
August 11th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I think Todd will be the last wraith standing, he's the future of the wraith. Michael isn't truly a wraith anymore.

I don't want Michael to die but unless he changes his ways I think he'll eventually have to be killed off. The Atlantis team will start to look stupid if they keep letting him get away.
the team looked "stupid" from the second they experimented on michael. ronon and teyla were the only ones with any sense about it...

GoSpikey
August 11th, 2008, 02:11 PM
*Sends some luff Naami's way*

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a172/Wendy_the_Bloody/Emoticons/todd2_herzenblack.gif

I wonder if Teyla's ever going to directly confront Sheppard about her being in all this mess thanks to them not listening to her. I know they had this little convo before, and she said that she chose to place her trust in him (and it was misplaced), but with Michael trying to kill her on several occasions, and now he wants her for himself (or so it looks like to me, a M/T shipper), will she speak up to him again, and finally give him a piece of her mind?

Maybe she should propose that next time Sheppard can get a shot with her DNA in it, so when Michael comes for her/her baby again, he can have the position of being the one in trouble, lol.

I just wish they let her speak up to him, once. All that bad stuff in season 4 was because Sheppard and Weir didn't listen to her and Ronon, the only true inhabitants of the Pegasus Galaxy, and look what happened.

Not that Sheppard has to bear the guilt all alone, because you can't place it with Weir any more, but still...

Or I wish we would see him feeling guilty about it.

Hey, maybe with that future ep, we will?

Ikaros
August 11th, 2008, 02:33 PM

Predictions?

They just gonna be the two last ones standing. Todd as the last real Wraith and Michael as the renegade, half wraith half human hating both......
etc etc

naamiaiset
August 11th, 2008, 03:12 PM
*Sends some luff Naami's way*

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a172/Wendy_the_Bloody/Emoticons/todd2_herzenblack.gif
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/naamiaiset/wraith/michael_herzen02.gif

I wonder if Teyla's ever going to directly confront Sheppard about her being in all this mess thanks to them not listening to her. I know they had this little convo before, and she said that she chose to place her trust in him (and it was misplaced), but with Michael trying to kill her on several occasions, and now he wants her for himself (or so it looks like to me, a M/T shipper), will she speak up to him again, and finally give him a piece of her mind?

I just wish they let her speak up to him, once. All that bad stuff in season 4 was because Sheppard and Weir didn't listen to her and Ronon, the only true inhabitants of the Pegasus Galaxy, and look what happened.
I doubt she will. "leader of her people" teyla might have, but "follows sheppard in everything he does" present day teyla won't. she never lost faith that john would save her and now that he has, it's probably even less likely she'll confront him. I agree she needs to. ronon spoke up to sheppard in "vengeance" and he didn't listen, but it might have more impact from teyla as she's the one who has endured everything. or... in typical sheppard fashion, he'd ignore it again and wait til something worse happened.

case and point, michael getting teyla's baby in "prodigal" and teyla once again having to put herself in harm's way with him.

Not that Sheppard has to bear the guilt all alone, because you can't place it with Weir any more, but still...

Or I wish we would see him feeling guilty about it.

Hey, maybe with that future ep, we will?
there's "inquisition", but I can't see sheppard admitting he was wrong. he justified experimenting on michael in "vengeance" saying it had to be attempted for the good of the galaxy. so, let's let michael take over the galaxy, then sheppard can reflect and think, "crap, that was a bad idea! http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/sheppard/sheppardanime46.gif"

GoSpikey
August 11th, 2008, 04:00 PM
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/naamiaiset/wraith/michael_herzen02.gif

I doubt she will. "leader of her people" teyla might have, but "follows sheppard in everything he does" present day teyla won't. she never lost faith that john would save her and now that he has, it's probably even less likely she'll confront him. I agree she needs to. ronon spoke up to sheppard in "vengeance" and he didn't listen, but it might have more impact from teyla as she's the one who has endured everything. or... in typical sheppard fashion, he'd ignore it again and wait til something worse happened.

case and point, michael getting teyla's baby in "prodigal" and teyla once again having to put herself in harm's way with him.

there's "inquisition", but I can't see sheppard admitting he was wrong. he justified experimenting on michael in "vengeance" saying it had to be attempted for the good of the galaxy. so, let's let michael take over the galaxy, then sheppard can reflect and think, "crap, that was a bad idea! http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/sheppard/sheppardanime46.gif"

I'm taking that icon! I didn't have it yet! :P

Yeah. Teyla lightly spoke up to him, and Ronon did as well. Teyla kept it very gentle, and could definitely give a more er, passionate argument about it, one with fire, lots of kicking and beating in it to prove her point... Ronon's argument came at a bad time, they really had to hurry in order to catch Michael and save the others.

It was rather stupid of John not to beam Michael up in the Dart, or at least blow the DHD to carp or something...

I think that Michael will feel some of a change in Teyla around "The Queen," signaling her, well, Queen-hood, or he doesn't get where the sudden boost comes from, and it might drive him, among other things, to get the kid in "The Prodigal". He might also sense that she's having a difficult time because of that DNA change, afterwards, so he goes to see her again, at which point he'll go for her kid again, possibly take it.

(He also knows that the Lanteans are working together with the Wraith, right? From "Inquisition"? His spies are probably at the trial, and listening to what the Lanteans have to say for themselves. He can't be happy about them getting away with things...)

Now, I wonder that at that time, let's assume Michael has him and is gone with him, will she speak up to Sheppard? When she accepted a position on Sheppard's team, she left her people somewhat behind to try to do some good for the Galaxy. What she got instead was a somewhat crazed Wraith Hybrid out for vengeance for things she had no control over, who wanted to kill her, twice, then suddenly not anymore because now he fancies her, or at least wants her around him, who took her family and turned them into beasts, wants to shove some needles in her son to perfect his army of halflings, etc.

Great story her life has been turned in. And all because she wasn't heard.

Maybe at the end of "The Prodigal" she will speak up, in hurt rage. Maybe that's one of the demons following him around in Remnants, or at least I think it was an emotional ride for him? Or well, it's time something like that happens.

Rodney got a kick in "Trinity" for thinking he was smarter than the Ancients, and Sheppard should get one too.

And I wonder how much Todd knows about all this.

"We're calling him Michael" is a strange thing to say right after Todd saying, or wanting to, that there's some strange character out there...

It's kind of a confirmation that they did it to him...

Now, when will Todd find out about *his* name? :P

QueenMalka
October 4th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Now, when will Todd find out about *his* name? :P

I think he would know by now. They referenced him as Todd in front of Kenny, several times. So I would guess Kenny would have been paying attention and would have passed it on.

The question is what does he feel about the name. In the GW interview with Chris H. He said that the humans can call him what they want but he knows his true name. (read/listen to the interview to find out)

I think Todd would easily take Micheal out. He smart, cunning, and has 10,000+ years of experience. My bets are on Todd.

General Jumper One
October 4th, 2009, 07:22 PM
I am sorry to say but, Michael would win because of his hybrids and his number of shipshttp://forum.gateworld.net/picture.php?albumid=1608&pictureid=17864

Infinite-Possibilities
October 4th, 2009, 08:03 PM
He had very few ships. I expected outside of the alternate timeline he doesn't even have a single Hive. And logically his hybrids would have been far fewer in number than Todd's wraith.

Toddwraithhottie
October 6th, 2009, 04:22 PM
I think Todd wil win definitely.

UniverseSizePlotHole
October 8th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Kilroy the wraith was here - you'll see it ALL over Pegasus LOL

Dr. Selene Ankarres
October 23rd, 2009, 02:15 PM
Sorry, but Todd would win. it's just a ... law of nature he should win. either in a game of wits or strength. though michael would give him a run for his money

ussrelativity
October 25th, 2009, 04:13 AM
They could whale on each other for some time, but Michael could just hit Todd and his faction with the retrovirus. Todd was never affected himself by it before, so this would be a new factor.

Replicator Todd
October 25th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Michael really isnt a Wraith at all, I think its unfair to compare them. He weakened the Wraith and Atlantis dealt them a serious blow. The Wraith are now pretty much as weak as the Goa'uld now.

Infinite-Possibilities
October 25th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I don't think so. They are still the dominant power in the Pegasus Galaxy. Even if they are fewer in numbers.

Replicator Todd
October 25th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Yes they are still somewhat dominant, but others such as the Genii and...others...have a chance of combining forces and holding back the Wraith.

Infinite-Possibilities
October 25th, 2009, 10:57 PM
How? They have no spaceships at all. The hide most of their population underground and pretend to be agrarian. They are several decades behind Earth even before the stargate was discovered. The overwhelming majority of human civilizations in the Pegasus Galaxy are not even space-faring. The only ones we've met that I recall are the travelers. And they certainly don't have the capable might to challenge the wraith. The wraith have basically ruled the galaxy unopposed for millenia. No major society we've been shown has the capability to seriously resist a wraith culling.

spinny magee
October 26th, 2009, 02:05 AM
Todd, who would even like Michael to win he sucks.

Replicator Todd
October 26th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Todd, who would even like Michael to win he sucks.
:(

WraithQueenH
October 26th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Todd would win without any problem. Michael already whines like a baby. So, if Todd was involved, we might even get to see Michael cry before he dies...

AresLover452
November 10th, 2009, 05:38 PM
TODD!!!!

he will come out victorious... and he will laugh about it later.

mercy moon
November 25th, 2009, 10:46 AM
todd, of course! :D

luzestelar
December 17th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Todd for sure. He is experienced, wise and cunning.

Sp!der
December 25th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Todd... he is the more wiser and stronger one...
michael is just crazy ... crazy is not good!!

Teyla-Joy
September 9th, 2010, 10:49 AM
I say Todd because he is more wraith then Michael.

Thorthewraith
December 12th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Todd must win!!!!!!

Bajka20
December 12th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Todd!!!

Siara.Corvus
February 20th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I think Todd would.
I mean, Michael is pretty much running on vengeance, which isn't a very good trait.
Todd on the other hand, is cunning and knows when to wave a white flag in order to move forward.

tealcvala
February 25th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Todd is the last wraith standing, he's more cunning and knows how to get ahead. Micheal was all about revenge and that took him over leading to a bad end for him :)

Night Maiden
September 3rd, 2014, 06:57 PM
Todd.