Ha'tak Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha'tak Sensors

I just re-watched Camelot and during the final battle I noticed that when the Hat'aks were firing sometimes they were missing the Ori ships completely! Don't they have any sort of targeting systems, or sensors? If they can't hit something as big as an ori ship when it is completely stationary then they have some serious problems. Our current level of technology is far more accurate than this, and they Goa'uld are supposed to be light years ahead of us technologically. Has anyone noticed this sort of thing happening before?
    sigpic

Originally posted by Gate-builder
    I just re-watched Camelot and during the final battle I noticed that when the Hat'aks were firing sometimes they were missing the Ori ships completely! Don't they have any sort of targeting systems, or sensors? If they can't hit something as big as an ori ship when it is completely stationary then they have some serious problems. Our current level of technology is far more accurate than this, and they Goa'uld are supposed to be light years ahead of us technologically. Has anyone noticed this sort of thing happening before?
    yeah but we've seen this kinda thing even in Star Trek, and trekkies have way better targetting systems (they "lock" their weapons on target)

eg. ST TnG, The best of both worlds part 2, just after the borg cube has slaughtered the federation fleet @ Wolf 359, when the enterprise under Riker's command catches up with the cube to try & rescue Picard (now assimilated as Locutus of the borg), Riker separates the stardrive from the saucer section & attempts a diversion : the borg cube tries to catch the stardrive section of the ship with its tractor beam...and misses !!! (the stardrive wasn't even moving fast, Rikers just had it "strafe" to the left)

Comment

I don't think the sensors are that bad at all, I think that factors played into what happened, the first was panic by the jaffa crews, they had never met an enemy this powerful before, the next facter was they had to take immediate evasive maneuvers and most fights between the Goa'uld were stand and shoot fights, and third TPTB made it that way

Battle
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=dZTFR7nnKBA
      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      So whats the worst that could happen?
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
        its not just the ha'taks though u also see blue asgard weapons missing aswell as railgun fire

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
        Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
          Dramatic purpose.
          Watch Homecoming. Only a few shots missed among the huge number of them, and that was from an orbital range. Same as they tried to intercept Anubis' ship when he attempted to escape. All shots hit his ship, and it was flying away.
          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Maybe the ori have some sort of sensor scrambling properties, that or the ori ships were actually moving a lot and it didn't look like it.
            Best quotes ever:
            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
            Thor:I like the yellow ones
            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

i think the tptb just wanted to show the scale of the battle

or maybe during the replicator take over the reps configured some controls to improve them but once they were destroyed it mite of screwed with the ship abit
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                i think the tptb just wanted to show the scale of the battle

or maybe during the replicator take over the reps configured some controls to improve them but once they were destroyed it mite of screwed with the ship abit
                Or the amount of fire and ships just confused the weapons and their operaters.
                Best quotes ever:
                O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                Thor:I like the yellow ones
                O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Well it is much easier to hit a moving target when you are still than hit a still target when you are moving(especially when the pilot and the gunner are not the same person)... If you dont believe it then try it.

Comment

even some weapons-fire from replicator auroras missed 11 km long hive ships. i guess sensors aren't that good in the sg-universe

Comment

Originally posted by PunCra View Post
                      Well it is much easier to hit a moving target when you are still than hit a still target when you are moving(especially when the pilot and the gunner are not the same person)... If you dont believe it then try it.
                      They're supposed to use computers which don't see a difference between the two.
                      It's, in fact, way better to be the one moving and knowing that your target is immobile, when it's computer assisted, as you know which trajectory you're following, that resolves around the target.
                      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                      X