PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 12

Elwe Singollo
October 17th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Anyone else see previews/gameplay video of the game??? I saw some at gamespot, and other places, the game looks outstanding, even if PS2 doesn't have the best graphics that can beat Xbox, but the FMV's that was shown in the trailer/preview was like, 'wow'.

Also, with the many other Final Fantasy stuff comming out, Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children (which looks wow), FF7: Before Crisis (i think only in Japan, but lucky me:)), FF7: Dirge of Cerberus (seen a video, looks good so far), and i think thats it, i'm loving Square :)

LtColCarter
October 12th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Do you know the dates when FF12 is coming out? I'd read it was originally supposed to come out last December, but was pushed way back.:S

Frinky
October 12th, 2005, 09:07 PM
I hope they don't botch up the new battle system in FF12....Other than that, it looks cool. Also, Advent Children was breathtaking....the graphics and fight scenes are amazing...esp those with Vincent. There is also an anime that's supposed to come out with the DVD of Advent Children called Last Order, about Zack/Cloud's escape from the Shinra Mansion, thats cool to...

SaberBlade
October 13th, 2005, 04:52 AM
Do you know the dates when FF12 is coming out? I'd read it was originally supposed to come out last December, but was pushed way back.:S

March 06 in Japan, normally about 6 months later for the US and up to another 6 months after that for the rest of the world

LtColCarter
October 13th, 2005, 05:20 AM
March 06 in Japan, normally about 6 months later for the US and up to another 6 months after that for the rest of the world

That stinks! :-( I wonder what the hold up is? But thanks for the info! :D

SaberBlade
October 17th, 2005, 02:49 PM
That stinks! :-( I wonder what the hold up is? But thanks for the info! :D

something i wrote on another forum about the delays

where to start. Matsuno is running the FF12 project (like Kitase and the compilation project) but Itou (FF6 codirector with Kitase and the FF9 direct) was directing the game. Itou left, and replacement had to be found. (delay 1) Matsuno took over and things were going fine until he got sick and he had to be replaced (delay 2). Itou returned and is now co-directing with Minagawa (art director for FFTA) but since Matsuno was running the project, his position as that had to be replaced (delay 3) and they now have Akitoshi Kawazu overseeing the project.

thats just recently. going further back, Sakaguchi , FF's creator left Square (delay 4), so did Uematsu so that wouldn't have affected anything really to do with the game but even FF12s art director Hideo Minaba resigned from Square-Enix (delay 5). all 3 decided to set up their own companies. plus, FF12 was scheduled for a release but got delayed (delay 6) because of loading times during the game were taking to long (thats the reason i remember). it was either DQ8 or DQ5s PS2 remake, an Enix game, but FF12 was supposidly delayed because they didn't want 2 games released around the same time because fans wouldn't be torn between buying 1 of the other (delay 7)

Crichton
October 17th, 2005, 10:05 PM
I've been playing the Soul Calibur 3 demo non-stop just waiting for Oct. 27th...then,
my social life is even more finished.

LtColCarter
November 13th, 2005, 09:25 AM
I've been playing the Soul Calibur 3 demo non-stop just waiting for Oct. 27th...then,
my social life is even more finished.

What happens then?