X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attack Of The 50 ft Woman

What about the funny "Attack Of The 50ft Woman"
    An
    d the poster is interesting with the woman standing over a busy highway..
    http://5dias.net/wp-content/uploads/...50ft-woman.jpg

The people on the road would have got a fright to see her when they looked up.

How the heck did her clothing grow with her?
    Was she wearing Hulk brand clothes?
    Last edited by Coco Pops; 07 May 2008, 07:04 PM.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
    And the poster is interesting with the woman standing over a busy highway..

And there is the infamous remake with Darryl Hannah......
    http://www.boomerangshop.com/dvdcove...an191958_f.jpg
    Anyone seen either of these?
    LOL! I saw the original version years ago. It's a campy piece that got our sympathies square in the corner for the 50 Foot Woman. For the times, her outfit couldn't uncover more than that! No one ever explains the way clothing grows with a giant, eh.

Just sayin', I barely recall the story, though. Something about her ne'er to well husband, an event that spurs her growth, and revenge. As for a remake, gah. The films they remake sometimes defy reason.
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
    sigpic
    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1 View Post
      LOL! I saw the original version years ago. It's a campy piece that got our sympathies square in the corner for the 50 Foot Woman. For the times, her outfit couldn't uncover more than that! No one ever explains the way clothing grows with a giant, eh.

Just sayin', I barely recall the story, though. Something about her ne'er to well husband, an event that spurs her growth, and revenge. As for a remake, gah. The films they remake sometimes defy reason.

Indeed so.

Some films do make me wonder why they were made.

The Darryl Hannah version of this was very anti male

And at one point the giant wife wants her husband to swim up her in scuba gear to make love to her.. (you can guess the how and where)

Comment

I do like the original movie poster though from the original version.

There is a website devoted to this with different posters of different giant women.... Even a giant Monica.

hang on Here is the main site
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/34995726@N00/

And here is giant Monica.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/34995726@N00/489947526/

Comment

Indeed so.

Some films do make me wonder why they were made.

The Darryl Hannah version of this was very anti male

And at one point the giant wife wants her husband to swim up her in scuba gear to make love to her.. (you can guess the how and where)
          [Hmm. Gateworld just crashed briefly.]
          Just sayin', eeww. The first film had a decided favor for the woman who was neglected and cheated on by her husband. I think he also gave up on her when the event made her ill before she grew. And as she's tearing up the town looking for him, of course she's deemed a menace and eventually killed.
          sigpic

Comment

[Hmm. Gateworld just crashed briefly.]
            Just sayin', eeww. The first film had a decided favor for the woman who was neglected and cheated on by her husband. I think he also gave up on her when the event made her ill before she grew. And as she's tearing up the town looking for him, of course she's deemed a menace and eventually killed.

I know but I like the original film.... Despite the not so epecial effects
            because it had a 50s charm about it if that makes sense.

BTW did you see any of the artwork in previous post?

Comment

I know but I like the original film.... Despite the not so epecial effects because it had a 50s charm about it if that makes sense.

BTW did you see any of the artwork in previous post?
              I saw the artwork, and agree the original had more of a punch. LOL at some of the variations! The one with the whole dress standing next to a cathedral made me pause. As for Monica, guess I'm behind the times 'cause I don't know her; interesting pose though.

Yeah, the sfx don't match today's in any way but they worked for the story, eh. The 50s version had the heroine-monster as clingy and needy. Not sure about when Darryl Hannah's version came out; if it was the 70s-80s that would explain the anti-male slant, playing on the onset of the 'women's liberation' movement. Someone's version anyway.

Just sayin', a site with pictures of giant women, who'd a thunk! Guess it's kind of a novelty to depict tall women as so menacing and/or alluring; or something. [Still having trouble with the site- "server busy" popping up. It's taking forever to post.]
              sigpic

Comment

I saw the artwork, and agree the original had more of a punch. LOL at some of the variations! The one with the whole dress standing next to a cathedral made me pause. As for Monica, guess I'm behind the times 'cause I don't know her; interesting pose though.

Yeah, the sfx don't match today's in any way but they worked for the story, eh. The 50s version had the heroine-monster as clingy and needy. Not sure about when Darryl Hannah's version came out; if it was the 70s-80s that would explain the anti-male slant, playing on the onset of the 'women's liberation' movement. Someone's version anyway.

Just sayin', a site with pictures of giant women, who'd a thunk! Guess it's kind of a novelty to depict tall women as so menacing and/or alluring; or something. [Still having trouble with the site- "server busy" popping up. It's taking forever to post.]

GW has being doing server errors all day

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  An
                  d the poster is interesting with the woman standing over a busy highway..

Sorry to bring this topic up again but I just looked at that poster and wondering how they come to say 50ft when she looks way, way taller then that. Even a 747 has a wingspan either close to that or slighty more then that doesn't it?

Comment

this is real how would you react if you know someone like a girlfriend started to grow in front of you.
                    Last edited by Twilightroxas7; 11 July 2009, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilightroxas7 View Post
                      this is real how would you react if you know someone like a girlfriend started to grow in front of you.

As long as you were on good terms a 50ft girlfriend would be cool...No one would hassle you

Comment

Working...
                      X