This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the furlings were introduced . .

If the furlings were indroduced , i rekon the only way to make it effective would be that they aren't called the furlings. They like changed there names over the many thousand melenia that they haven't been in the alliance(when we meet them we don't realise who they are , and we don't realise they are untill there is a massive character development becuase everyone will judge them if they were called the furlings .. ), maybe they were the race that had a disagreement with the other 3 races and "they left our region of space many mellenia ago"- fifth race. I rekon they could bring the furlings in as both a good or bad guy . . And i think that making them a bad guy would really add the the diversity of the show. We've met 3 of the great races and they've all been friendly , If the furlings were bad , that would be awesome . .

also , if they were the bad guys they would be really the only enemy that could truly equal atlantis.

Originally posted by Valos Cor View Post
    If the furlings were indroduced , i rekon the only way to make it effective would be that they aren't called the furlings. They like changed there names over the many thousand melenia that they haven't been in the alliance(when we meet them we don't realise who they are , and we don't realise they are untill there is a massive character development becuase everyone will judge them if they were called the furlings .. ), maybe they were the race that had a disagreement with the other 3 races and "they left our region of space many mellenia ago"- fifth race. I rekon they could bring the furlings in as both a good or bad guy . . And i think that making them a bad guy would really add the the diversity of the show. We've met 3 of the great races and they've all been friendly , If the furlings were bad , that would be awesome . .

also , if they were the bad guys they would be really the only enemy that could truly equal atlantis.
    Yeah, but truly bad civilizations don't last that long. They turn on themselves.

Comment

Like humanity?
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
        Like humanity?
        The Tollans did. They were human.

Comment

The Tollan weren't bad, just arrogant to the point where they got themselves destroyed by a more powerful enemy. Kinda like the Ancients.
          Humans are the type to seek out even the most unlikely threat and exterminate it if it might even possibly become a bigger threat someday.
          Remember: for all their genetic evil and in-fighting, the Goa'uld were still ably running their empire for thousands of years.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
            The Tollan weren't bad, just arrogant to the point where they got themselves destroyed by a more powerful enemy. Kinda like the Ancients.
            Humans are the type to seek out even the most unlikely threat and exterminate it if it might even possibly become a bigger threat someday.
            Remember: for all their genetic evil and in-fighting, the Goa'uld were still ably running their empire for thousands of years.
            I meant the point of humanity destroying itself. Not that they were evil.

Comment

I dont see any point for the Furlings to be introduced in Atlantis, mentioned maybe but actually seen? Whats the point? They might be better off seen in a movie or the third Stargate series whenever that comes out.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                I dont see any point for the Furlings to be introduced in Atlantis, mentioned maybe but actually seen? Whats the point? They might be better off seen in a movie or the third Stargate series whenever that comes out.
                I fully agree. Id rather a movie, keep SG-1 with SG-1.

Comment

Spoiler:

*whistles innocently*

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
                    Spoiler:

*whistles innocently*
                    so i'm to assume that that is furling ?
                    This isn't Atlantis?
                    I don't think so.
                    If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

Originally posted by Dark lord me View Post
                      Well, no. But the best bet would be that it belongs to the new alien race that is to be introduced in season 5. I doubt they're Furlings, but...

As for the OP...I can see them changing their names:

Huge ship arrives in orbit around the planet Atlantis is on.
                      Sheppard: What the...?
                      Alien: We are the glux'clau.
                      Ronon:.......
                      Glux'clau alien: *sigh* Blig'gla, I told you this is a stupid name. I mean, "glux'clau"?!
                      Blig'gla: We were known as the Furlings once...
                      McKay: Wait...THE Furlings? Part of the alliance of four races in the Milky Way? That's amazing. But...why'd you change your name?
                      Glux'clau alien: Ugh...Several months ago, we recieved a video signal coming from the Milky Way galaxy...Earth to be more exact. What we saw convinced us to change our name to something more...menacing. "Glux'clau"...*sigh* For cryin' out loud...
                      McKay: Really? What signal?
                      Glux'clau alien: Return of the Jedi.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark lord me View Post
                        Perhaps.

'tis from an episode of Season 5. Compare it to the Quantum Mirror / the key for the gateway Maybourne and Jack use, and the "Grace" aliens ship.

Comment

Furlings are dead and never coming back, deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Valos Cor View Post
                            If the furlings were indroduced
                            Then I would bortch on my television.

Originally posted by wraith form Replicator View Post
                            Hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by wraith form Replicator View Post
                              I must have missed an episode...

Comment

Working...
                              X