A new SGC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new SGC?

Now that SG1 has finished do think that it's time to update the SGC. The SGC is earthsprimary means of exploring the galaxy and defending Earth so I think it's time to use some of our newly aquired alien technology to give it a bit of a spruce up or even move it somewhere else.

Earth should have access to Tokra mining crystals; so the building could be done in no time at all. Ring transporters or Asgard beaming technology could be used to boost security by elimimnating the need for lifts.

The gateroom could be developed by adding shields around the sides, there by, meaning that if if anyone got in they wouldn't be able to get to the rest of the base. They could also add more missile batteries or even include rail guns or asgard beam weapons, to add a more offensive edge to the base.

Power to the base could be supplied by a host of naquadah generators and even an Asgard power core (designed from the knowledge gained in Unending.) We could also use a geothermal station like the ones seen in Inferno or Submersion.

...a new SGC would be nice.

Comment

We already have force shields at the SGC, anything stronger in the SG room would tear the room apart.

If they finally reveal the Stargate program to the world, the best place would be the moon. Have a nice huge base there, with shields and everything.
      Visit my Website

Comment

Why would anything Stronger tear the room apart? A larger room could be built elsewhere. A few rail guns, like those seen in Atlantis, could clear the area around the gate before an assault was launced on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
          Why would anything Stronger tear the room apart? A larger room could be built elsewhere. A few rail guns, like those seen in Atlantis, could clear the area around the gate before an assault was launced on the planet.
          Rail guns would probably destroy the entire room. They're anti-ship weapons, not anti-personnel weapons.

Comment

I'm not talking about using the rail guns to attack enemies in the gate room, but to clear the area around an enemy gate by firing into an active wormhole.

Missles are fired through the gate at the moment so I can't see the rail guns being too big.

Asgard energy weapons would probably work better however as they could well eliminate any protective shield.

Comment

Or they could just drop a semi-large bomb through the gate and close the iris.

Maybe a larger version of the Goa'uld stun grenade thing would be good. No structural damage.

Ooh and they could play bowling to get it through the gate. Siler FTW!

Comment

I'm not talking about using the rail guns to attack enemies in the gate room, but to clear the area around an enemy gate by firing into an active wormhole.

Missles are fired through the gate at the moment so I can't see the rail guns being too big.

Asgard energy weapons would probably work better however as they could well eliminate any protective shield.
                Yes and any non-idiot enemies would be safe because they'd be standing somewhere beside directly in front of the gate.
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

A Rail gun firing through the gate would not do any damage to the SGC; they didn't damage atlantis when they were on it.

An additional idea I've had is for a new type of fighter that can be flown through the gate. The gate could be moved to a second embarkation room within the SGC where a squadron of fighters could fly through it.

Comment

If the non idiot enemies are not stud by the gate then the area will be clearer for an SG team to to go right through.

Comment

I designed an SGC in Sketch-up to replace the current one for a little fan-fic thing I'm working on, set around 2030, years after the Stargate program is announced. It is housed in a large skyscraper in New York, and contains a Universal Library containing the Ancient database, Asgard database, basically all the knowledge the program has gained but has still not been able to sift through properly/understand.

Comment

I think the rail guns are a bit much for closed quarters combat. They will destroy wall of the Gateroom. The rest sounds good though. A very good point was made why not build an SGC on the moon as a kind back-up.
                        Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

If the non idiot enemies are not stud by the gate then the area will be clearer for an SG team to to go right through.
                          Unless guards are standing behind the gate and just waiting for un-friendlies to come through.

A Rail gun firing through the gate would not do any damage to the SGC; they didn't damage atlantis when they were on it.
                          When I mentioned damaging the gate room, I thought you meant to use it as an anti-incursion weapon.

Though, depending on how much recoil there is in a rail gun, a fixed emplacement could cause fractures in the concrete.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                            Unless guards are standing behind the gate and just waiting for un-friendlies to come through.

When I mentioned damaging the gate room, I thought you meant to use it as an anti-incursion weapon.

Though, depending on how much recoil there is in a rail gun, a fixed emplacement could cause fractures in the concrete.
                            i don't htink so, atlantis handeled them pretty well, and it didn't look all that strong.

Comment

Now that SG1 has finished do think that it's time to update the SGC. The SGC is earthsprimary means of exploring the galaxy and defending Earth so I think it's time to use some of our newly aquired alien technology to give it a bit of a spruce up or even move it somewhere else.

Earth should have access to Tokra mining crystals; so the building could be done in no time at all. Ring transporters or Asgard beaming technology could be used to boost security by elimimnating the need for lifts.

The gateroom could be developed by adding shields around the sides, there by, meaning that if if anyone got in they wouldn't be able to get to the rest of the base. They could also add more missile batteries or even include rail guns or asgard beam weapons, to add a more offensive edge to the base.

Power to the base could be supplied by a host of naquadah generators and even an Asgard power core (designed from the knowledge gained in Unending.) We could also use a geothermal station like the ones seen in Inferno or Submersion.
                              I support this thread. The IRL cheyenne mountain is being closed and split up between various office buildings and military bases around the US. Its just the change in times + attitudes towards financing. Cheyenne has to be as expensive as hell to operate and it puts all out eggs in one basket (one target). Americas current military isnt against a unified enemy, its lone lunatics attacking solo targets. Putting the important eggs in abuncha different baskets makes alot of sense strategically. Frankly i would expect an absurd amount of redundancy for everything by now. (redundancy redundancy redundancy redundancy redundancy)

Comment

Working...
                              X