Make it Spin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make it Spin.

Heya SGFs how goes it? I was just watching a episode of SG-1 and I found myself wondering how in some instances the Stargate dials when there is an incoming wormhole. Yet there are other instances when the chevrons just light up and *kawhoosh!* (v),.,(v)

plot holl/inconsistances?

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
    Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
    SG1 -

Comment

I too have noticed this, perhaps it depends whether they use the portable gates on set or just cgi.
      Best quotes ever:
      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
      Thor:I like the yellow ones
      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Derentus View Post
        Heya SGFs how goes it? I was just watching a episode of SG-1 and I found myself wondering how in some instances the Stargate dials when there is an incoming wormhole. Yet there are other instances when the chevrons just light up and *kawhoosh!* (v),.,(v)
        realistically, it shoudlnt spin on ICWs, how would it know when to start spinning? and what would it be spinning to?
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
          realistically, it shoudlnt spin on ICWs, how would it know when to start spinning? and what would it be spinning to?
          We know the DHD lights up with the glyphs of the incoming wormhole; we've seen the Tau'ri then use that to backtrack to the planet the visitors came from. Why not have the stargate move too?

Comment

its not a plot hole, its the effects company cutting costs. So instead of making the prop spin (lots of moving parts) that cost alot of money money, they did a short cut thats not REALLY that important.

If your looking for more...the freezing from coming from the other side of a wormhole and the not instant transportation through the stargate (Daniel's first time through the stargate)
            Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
              its not a plot hole, its the effects company cutting costs. So instead of making the prop spin (lots of moving parts) that cost alot of money money, they did a short cut thats not REALLY that important.

If your looking for more...the freezing from coming from the other side of a wormhole and the not instant transportation through the stargate (Daniel's first time through the stargate)
              they explaineds that as the earth dialing computer having soem problems in the beging taht were gradualy smothed over.

Comment

That was just them explaining the cost cuts. The producers even said that making the stargate travel with the "freezing" would of cost too much and they made a simple reason to explain it.
                Visit my Website

Comment

I think the gate at the SGC spins because they don't have a DHD so they are basicly dialing manually all the time. If they are offworld they would be using a DHD so the gate doesn't need to spin.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHundredaire View Post
                    We know the DHD lights up with the glyphs of the incoming wormhole; we've seen the Tau'ri then use that to backtrack to the planet the visitors came from. Why not have the stargate move too?
                    we have? when!?
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                    Quotes!
                    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                      we have? when!?
                      Erf, I was thinking of Rising, where Aiden Ford uses the gate symbols run through the computer to backtrack to the Wraith planet. Had a bit of a dee-dee-dee moment, because I forgot the gate would have had to shut down and redial for the Wraith darts to leave.

No more posting when I'm half-asleep. @_@

Comment

Working...
                      X