Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Earth develop a revolutionary weapons system based on both Asgard and Ancient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could Earth develop a revolutionary weapons system based on both Asgard and Ancient

Could Earth develop a revolutionary weapons system based on both Asgard and Ancient weapons?

Ancient drones - the main asset of this weapon is that they can be remotely controled mentally by someone with a ATA gene.

Asgard Plasma beam weapon- a beam weapon that can burn through most ships and shielding.

What I propose is totally different on how these two weapons are deployed.

Drones are basically projectiles while the plasma beam cannons are ship mounted.

Combine both... plasma beam equiped drones.

Don't think of them as projectiles but mentally controled weapons platforms.

Equip say a modified F-302 or a BC-304.

While equip them with shields for ship or fighter protection.

So that ship/fighter own shields would not be much strained.

Well, that is not really "revolutionary" its more like smashing two great ideas together to make a large, probably hard to control weapon.

When I saw this I thought you were looking for a new weapon that was totally different from the Ancient and Asgard. Both of their weapons were things we haven't seen before and both require a lot of power.

When I think "revolutionary" weapons, I think of handheld drone grenades or ion rifles.

Another weapon idea would be a subspace cannon. Wraith ships are organic and can "listen" to subspace to receive communications. They can also "talk" in the same manner. This "cannon" would send large pulses through subspace that would basically overload the "eardrum" of a wraith ship. It would be like putting a person in a room and blasting them with a 200db or higher sounds. Eventually the pitch gets so high that the central nervous system forces the body to shut down and protect itself. If this was done to a hive ship, it would just float in space, no engines, no defenses, nothing.

A weapon like that would be "revolutionary" as it is something we haven't seen before and it would also mean that we have mastered quantum space mechanics.

Comment

Well, personaly, i certanly hope not. Its already very stupid that in nearly every episode mckay not only understands but often modifies or improves technologies, atleast thousands of years ahead of humanitys undestanding.

The whole asgard beams on every ship thing is kind of stupid too, "yestarday" we werent able to undestand or reproduce even tollan ion cannons, heck it took us years to reverse engineer some gould tech to make 302s, and now we magicly in a few months equip ships with asgard uber beams and, most likely, power sources to power them. I mean sure we have the asgard database, but just because a monkey has blueprints and instructions on making a tank, doesnt mean it will actualy be able to make one.

if anything, they should mention somthing like "too bad stuff on apolo/deadalus is spares that asgard gave us and we cant make more uber stuff for our new ships", well maybe except shields, since earth has been using asgard shields for years now

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

^That's unless the monkey is told step by step what to do, as the Asgard interface core probably does.

Comment

I doubt the Tau'ri have the understanding of how to even make drones, or else they'd be making them for Atlantis. How would they make new, Asgard-altered drones?

Comment

I agree, most ancient and asgard tech is still way above their heads so to manipulate it in that way would be almost impossible.
            Best quotes ever:
            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
            Thor:I like the yellow ones
            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
              ^That's unless the monkey is told step by step what to do, as the Asgard interface core probably does.
              Most people seem to forget this fact. The asgard work for over a year, for what I got their entire race efforts were devoted to this project and may be solving their genetic problems. That a lot of bright mind working to make the database as easy and as compehensable to us near humans as possible.

And adding to this thor knew exactly the depth of knowledge we had already acquired so knew where they would need to add more info or a bit more guidance, or in other word dumb it down even more for us humans.

The asgard wanted us to defend all that they have defended, meaning they would have made the weapons and shield and power cores as easy as possible for earth to produce, would not even surprise me if we found they beam a few spare weapons arrays on board the odyssey. They wanted us to be able to fight and win against the ori, they made sure their damn database was perfectly usable and quickly.

It just stubborn fans that refused to understand this point, it also perfectly logical. If I remember rightly the tollan gave just design schematic, try making a car for just the overall schematic it a thousand times harder. But it be easier if I give you all the separate designs for each component plus step by step instructions on to create each component, still a hard job but a thousand time easier.
              Last edited by knowles2; 14 February 2008, 11:16 AM.

Comment

If Earth develops this weapon in the next hundred years I would be amazed, now give a few hundred years of advancement along with the program going public and more scientists involved then maybe but I really doubt we would try and make anything new espcially when what he got is great so far
                Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic
                So whats the worst that could happen?
                Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

What about a drone that fires plasma beams? Buzzing around ripping chucks out of hives.
                  Best quotes ever:
                  O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                  Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                  Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                  Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                  Thor:I like the yellow ones
                  O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

... remember it took them about 10 years to develop a plasma rifle based on a staff weapon...
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                    Quotes!
                    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                    sigpic

Comment

midway spoilers

Spoiler:
                      more like the midway wraith stunner. that device took out the sgc toss one through and bye by enemys waiting at the gate

Comment

Earth does have access to the Ancient database on Atlantis and after harmony

Spoiler:
                        they have access to an ancient research station where drones were developed

so they could develop their own drones.

A modified drone would be superior to the missles that the 304s have although power issues may cause problems.

Comment

I don't understand why they don't use combat drones as it is. They already exist, and modifying them to use plasma beams or to operate in space would be much more efficient than using F-302s, specially since the Asgard fabrication technology is around.

Drones could be built much more compact than a F-302, meaning you could have more of them per hanger and you'd free up space inside the ship since you wouldn't have to house as many pilots.
                          They could probably program some low-level A.I. into drones so you could have a pilot operating one drone remotely which has several other A.I. wingmen that obey commands, just like in the SG-1 episode The Other Side. Granted, that interface turned the pilots into vegetables, but they've probably discovered a mind-computer interface that doesn't do that by now.

In the new StarGate Worlds MMO, the Asgard are the drone masters, able to perform all sorts of different operations with different drones, so technically, since SGW is canon Earth already has this technology available to them. Building mission specific drones should be relatively easy.
                          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

The problem is Earth doesn't have the machines to make the tools to make the next stage in machinery. Until the Stargate programs made public and the Earth's population is educated to a necessary level, there isn't much we can actually do with the various databases we've aquired.

Beside using the fighter planes from the 'other side' hits a problem, jamming systems and continual EM bursts would disrupted the link.

Comment

Working...
                            X