PDA

View Full Version : Season Five : Compliments and Praise Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95

Skydiver
February 13th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Welcome to the 'Season Five: Compliments and Praise 'thread.

To lay out a few ground rules:

This thread, and its mate, 'Season Five 'Complaints and Misgivings'' thread are to be the ONLY season specific limited focus threads. Any other, what we would have termed as general 'pro' or 'anti' threads will not be allowed and will be closed down.

The rules of this thread are simple. This is a 'safety zone' for people to express the stuff they like about season five without feeling like they are being forced to defend those opinions. As such, if you disagree with a post, comments such as 'you stupid idiot, how can you not like this' or 'oh look, more mindless fans' will NOT be tolerated.

ANY AND ALL COMPLIMENTS ABOUT SEASON FIVE ARE ON TOPIC HERE.

Bear in mind, you may be lpraising that Sam is gone, but someone else's praise may be that she's back for a couple of episodes. Both comments are on topic. And both comments MUST be respected and tolerated. We do not want to see things like 'This is only for praise about (one certain aspect/character) go away.' People do not have to justify their praise.

While you are free to talk about any aspect of the SHOW that you like, you are NOT allowed to complain about other fans, other forums or members of the cast and crew.

For example:

'Joe Mallozzi is a twit' is inappropriate.
'I don't like Joe's writing' is okay.

'I'm glad that Amanda has been gotten rid of' is inappropriate.
'Thank goodness Sam has been written off the show' is okay.

Characters are not real people, they are fictional representations, therefore are not availed the same protection as real people. I know that, as a fan of a particular character or actor, it can be difficult to see people making unkind remarks about the character; however it is not against the rules, so you must accept it.

Terms like 'TIIC' (the idiots in charge) are not permissible. Anyone making remarks with terms such as this, even hiding it under spoiler tags, will be a candidate for moderation.

If you see a post that is inappropriate, your job, as it is, is to REPORT THE POST or ignore it and move on. It is not your job to police others and there is nothing wrong with using the report post feature.

We will also not tolerate things such as fans spying on fans. Can we stop you from spying? No. But we can stop you from talking about it. Comments like 'that serves those stupid chuck fans' are inappropriate. It falls under talking about other fans and is not allowed.

To put the rules in a nutshell….express your likes about the show to your hearts' content. But do it while respecting others.

Do not disparage another's opinion.
Do not mock or belittle others.
Do not call others names.

That stuff is off topic. The topic is 'I like how the show is going', and it will be enforced.

How will we enforce it?

Glad you asked. :)

We will be using the infraction system. For those of you that have received infractions, until this point in time, we simply used them to communicate issues with posters in a way that allowed us to document the original post, as well as what we say to you in our PM's. The infraction system has a point system linked to it, that, until this point, we've ignored.

But we will be using it now.

Anyone breaking the on topic rules in the Complaints or Compliments thread will be given an infraction. You all know the rules, thus there will not be warnings issued. This post is your warning.

On the rare occasions that we see brand new posters misstepping in the limited focus treads, they will receive ONE warning. This warning does not apply to our current and active members. You folks that have been here for months and years and have hundreds of posts, you know better.

Infraction One: You are 'gagged' for three days. Which means that you will be placed on read only status. You may make posts, but those posts will be held in the mod queue until your three days are over.

Infraction Two: You are gagged for six days and any posts you make while you are gagged will be deleted.

Infraction Three: You are gagged for two weeks and you will be counseled by a member of the mod team. You will discuss with them what the issues are and see what the problem is. This is also the point where the other mods will get involved. We'll discuss this particular poster's issues amongst ourselves and see what we can do to help.

Infraction Four: You are gagged for a month.

Infraction Five: You are permantly gagged. If you are found to be creating a sock puppet to circumvent the gagging, it will be banned.

While infractions – to this point – have not been cumulative, in the Complaints or Compliments threads, they WILL be cumulative. Any behavior infractions earned in these threads will never expire.

It does sound harsh, however those of you that have never had a post snipped or deleted, you likely won't notice anything different. Those of you that have gotten to know the mods well, you will need to be making adjustments to your behavior.

These infractions will apply ONLY to the limited focus threads. Thus, if you get gagged for 3 days in a limited focus thread and then get a sig rule violation in another thread, it won't add up to six days of gagging.

However, if we do see people taking their bicker matches out of the limited focus threads and into others, we will react. Talking about other fans behind their backs, calling them names and the like is against the rules of this forum and will be dealt with.

We don't want to lose people. However, over the past several months, the nastiness has gotten so horrible and so pervasive, that we really have no other choice. Posters are welcome as long as they follow the rules, however, out of fairness to the majority of our posters, if posters will not behave and respect others, they will need to find somewhere else to play.

Mitchell82
February 13th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Well I must say I hope this thread is the sigh of relief several of us have hoped for.

Mitchell82
February 13th, 2008, 06:20 PM
well i for one will be happy to see season 5 come. sadly we have lost a dear friend in Torri who hopeful will see again. but the series will go on without her and i truly believe that Robert will raise to the challenge of filling the shoes of Torri and Amanda.

i am crossing my figures that we will get some great stories this season Joe and Paul really raised the bar last season with deeper story telling and character development.

Very well put. I feel the same way.

Agent_Dark
February 13th, 2008, 07:14 PM
season 5 will pwn as usual. carter is still around so no everything is ftw.

Briangate78
February 13th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Sheppard
Mckay
Teyla
Ronon
Carson
Keller
Zelenka
Lorne

with newly added...

Woolsey

Do I need to say more! :p

Pharaoh Atem
February 13th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Sheppard
Mckay
Teyla
Ronon
Carson
Keller
Zelenka
Lorne

with newly added...

Woolsey

capt.Alica Vega

jelgate
February 13th, 2008, 07:49 PM
capt.Alica Vega

I think Atem really like the Vega character.

Jumper_One
February 13th, 2008, 07:50 PM
season 5 will pwn as usual. carter is still around so no everything is ftw.

well said dude :D

Sheppard
Mckay
Teyla
Ronon
Carson
Keller
Zelenka
Lorne

with newly added...

Woolsey

you forgot the two new characters ;) and that's pretty much it :)

Pharaoh Atem
February 13th, 2008, 07:50 PM

:o

Fenrir Foxz
February 13th, 2008, 08:33 PM

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing her in S5 :D

Briangate78
February 13th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Let's keep this thread alive!

Today's discussion:

Compliments and Praise on Woolsey!

I think Woolsey is going to make the show interesting. We are going to get those character conflincts with authority like we did in the early seasons of SGA. I think his character is going to grow on a lot of fans, and the interaction will be very interesting.

jelgate
February 13th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Let's keep this thread alive!

Today's discussion:

Compliments and Praise on Woolsey!

I think Woolsey is going to make the show interesting. We are going to get those character conflincts with authority like we did in the early seasons of SGA. I think his character is going to grow on a lot of fans, and the interaction will be very interesting.

I can see the fear of bringing Woosley over but I also can see the benefits. TPTB are walking a fine line. He is a character that can clash with the Atlantis team, but he also can be annoying if used wrong. I have faith that Woosley will be used properly.
Woosley: Sheppard, you are ruining low on your monthly allowment of bullents. Can you use a few less bullets killing Wraith?

Briangate78
February 13th, 2008, 08:59 PM
I can see the fear of bringing Woosley over but I also can see the benefits. TPTB are walking a fine line. He is a character that can clash with the Atlantis team, but he also can be annoying if used wrong. I have faith that Woosley will be used properly.
Woosley: Sheppard, you are ruining low on your monthly allowment of bullents. Can you use a few less bullets killing Wraith?

I don't think he will be overkill either. It has been made known that the leader of Atlantis will be a supportive postition like a Hammond or Landry. So he will likely not be in every episode, and will get a few episodes to give him a little background and whatnot. There is a lot of potential, but it could also backfire.

The TARDIS
February 13th, 2008, 09:03 PM
HI HO SEASON 6 AWAY!!!!

Or is it too early to say that? :P

jelgate
February 13th, 2008, 09:06 PM
HI HO SEASON 6 AWAY!!!!

The possibility of a S6 will depend on S4 and first few episodes of S5.

The TARDIS
February 13th, 2008, 09:09 PM
The possibility of a S6 will depend on S4 and first few episodes of S5.

I know that! I've been reading Brian's ramblings as long as you have mate :D

Fenrir Foxz
February 13th, 2008, 09:09 PM

Woolsey wouldn't have been my first choice but I can see alot of potential in him and I think he could easily surpise us all with how he handles the role of leader ;)

:lol:

I think given some time in the job Woolsey will loosen up a bit, like Caldwell I think all he needs is to get to know how well the team operate...

I don't think he will be overkill either. It has been made known that the leader of Atlantis will be a supportive postition like a Hammond or Landry. So he will likely not be in every episode, and will get a few episodes to give him a little background and whatnot. There is a lot of potential, but it could also backfire.

Yup, I have faith though that TPTB will do well with Woolsey and keep his character in a supportive position and not over use him on screen... They did well with sam in S4 so far, so we know it can be done :)

jenks
February 14th, 2008, 01:48 AM
HI HO SEASON 6 AWAY!!!!

The last 4 episodes should get good ratings, a Teal'c ep, two Carson eps and a finale. I think it's looking good on the season 6 front, but then again I said that about season 11 of SG-1 :S

SGFerrit
February 14th, 2008, 05:37 AM
There are lots of things I am looking forward to, more Carson, how they will introduce Woolsey, new races, and of course the second SGA team with Captain Vega. i hope they have an ep focussed on them:)

Oh, and all of the episode titles have peaked my interest already:)

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 06:34 AM
The last 4 episodes should get good ratings, a Teal'c ep, two Carson eps and a finale. I think it's looking good on the season 6 front, but then again I said that about season 11 of SG-1 :S

Yup, that is very likely since it's the end of the season and very little network competition. I am a little concerned about Midway, since the "Psych" finale is tommorrow.

There are lots of things I am looking forward to, more Carson, how they will introduce Woolsey, new races, and of course the second SGA team with Captain Vega. i hope they have an ep focussed on them:)

Oh, and all of the episode titles have peaked my interest already:)

Yeah Carson returning is making me forget about Weir. I do wish he was in more eps but it is not written in stone the 5 eps, and we could see more hopefully.

The_Carpenter
February 14th, 2008, 06:35 AM
The return of Carson! hopefully he'll get a nice arc in Season 5 where he has to deal with being assumed dead, and with whatever happened to him in his time away.

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 06:41 AM
The return of Carson! hopefully he'll get a nice arc in Season 5 where he has to deal with being assumed dead, and with whatever happened to him in his time away.

I do kinda hope he appears a little later in the season, then it will feel like he is in more eps. It looks like S6 has a good shot to be picked up, so who knows maybe he'll get more eps next season. I should point out Lorne only had 5 or 6 eps this season and he is really a supporting character. Carson was once a full time character so the eps he is in will hopefully focus a lot on him, and has him going on missions with the team. We also don't want the producers to waste his talents. Use him when he is needed and use him well, you know?

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Woolsey wouldn't have been my first choice but I can see alot of potential in him and I think he could easily surpise us all with how he handles the role of leader ;)

Yup, I have faith though that TPTB will do well with Woolsey and keep his character in a supportive position and not over use him on screen... They did well with sam in S4 so far, so we know it can be done :)

Hey Fox, sorry I totally missed your post. Although I think just having Carter for next seasn would of been fine, I honestly don't think Carter is the best. I love seeing Carter making guest spots, but leader, meh. I think it's why I loved her in Trio and Tabula Rasa so much, she was not being a leader and being just her old Carter self. So I think Woolsey is going to be something different and might be very interesting if the cards are played right. :)

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 07:24 AM
So I do hope Season 5 airs in the summer instead of the fall. That would be awesome for S5!

Pharaoh Atem
February 14th, 2008, 07:26 AM
So I do hope Season 5 airs in the summer instead of the fall. That would be awesome for S5!

it would!!!!! i perfer to watch shows in the summer :D

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 07:27 AM
it would!!!!! i perfer to watch shows in the summer :D

LOL, yeah it would good, gives my DVR a break! :p

Pharaoh Atem
February 14th, 2008, 07:30 AM
LOL, yeah it would good, gives my DVR a break! :p

and i would get to watch stargate outside :D (we have a screen tent we sent up every summer and we put a tv in it. ) :D

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 07:37 AM
and i would get to watch stargate outside :D (we have a screen tent we sent up every summer and we put a tv in it. ) :D

So are you content about Woolsey? I think he will be really good.

Pharaoh Atem
February 14th, 2008, 07:39 AM
So are you content about Woolsey? I think he will be really good.

yup at first i was shocked but as i kept posting the more i warmed up the idea of having Robert around :D

i loved him on star trek

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 07:43 AM
yup at first i was shocked but as i kept posting the more i warmed up the idea of having Robert around :D

i loved him on star trek

Woolsey is in the Season 4 finale, so that will hopefully warm up some other folks who have doubts. I see a lot of potential, and with new allies and a new enemy, SGA could very well go multiple seasons. Characters leave, you have to accept that, the show must go on. Sometimes we get a break and lost characters return, example: Carson.

Fenrir Foxz
February 14th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Hey Fox, sorry I totally missed your post. Although I think just having Carter for next seasn would of been fine, I honestly don't think Carter is the best. I love seeing Carter making guest spots, but leader, meh. I think it's why I loved her in Trio and Tabula Rasa so much, she was not being a leader and being just her old Carter self. So I think Woolsey is going to be something different and might be very interesting if the cards are played right. :)

LoL... I know what you mean about Carter but I did feel she worked well in the position eventhough she wasn't the Sam we knew from SG1...

I agree, with Woolsey.. S5 will be quite different and IMO very interesting, I believe TPTB will do the right thing regarding the character they got it right with Sam *If all they ever intended of the leader was to be a supportive character* so there's a good chance they'll do the same with Woolsey :)

Yup, I do too that would be awsome... :D

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 07:48 AM
LoL... I know what you mean about Carter but I did feel she worked well in the position eventhough she wasn't the Sam we knew from SG1...

I agree, with Woolsey.. S5 will be quite different and IMO very interesting, I believe TPTB will do the right thing regarding the character they got it right with Sam *If all they ever intended of the leader was to be a supportive character* so there's a good chance they'll do the same with Woolsey :)

Yup, I do too that would be awsome... :D

See, I love Carter but I loved the Carter from SG-1 and loved eps like Trio because she was just being herself.

As per leader, I think Woolsey will be better and more interesting. Just how Weir was.

Fenrir Foxz
February 14th, 2008, 07:56 AM
As per leader, I think Woolsey will be better and more interesting. Just how Weir was.

Yup,I would say there is great potential in the character to do well in the position as leader...

I'm also looking forward to the introduction of the new female character Alicia Vega, hopefully JM wont hold back on too much info about her between seasons... I for one would like to know a bit more about her :)

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Yup,I would say there is great potential in the character to do well in the position as leader...

I'm also looking forward to the introduction of the new female character Alicia Vega, hopefully JM wont hold back on too much info about her between seasons... I for one would like to know a bit more about her :)

I am actually excited about the new enemy. That could keep things very interesting for multiple seasons. :)

Fenrir Foxz
February 14th, 2008, 08:00 AM
I am actually excited about the new enemy. That could keep things very interesting for multiple seasons. :)

Yeah I'm also looking forward to this new enemy, I hope they're interesting and revive the sense of danger for the experdition that we had back in S1...

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Yeah I'm also looking forward to this new enemy, I hope they're interesting and revive the sense of danger for the experdition that we had back in S1...

Yup, I think the Michael story arc will be done very well, but SGA does need a new enemy since the replicators are gone. Something different and pure evil! :p

Fenrir Foxz
February 14th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Yup, I think the Michael story arc will be done very well, but SGA does need a new enemy since the replicators are gone. Something different and pure evil! :p

Most definately! :D I t would be really great to have a badguy that is simply pure evil, malicious and seriously deadly! :D I would really love that :)

I almost forgot about the continuation of the Michael story arc... That should be pretty good, as long as they keep him going strong and don't finish him off like Koyla, I think Michael is a badguy that would be really good to see causing alot of problems for the experdition in S5 :)

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Most definately! :D I t would be really great to have a badguy that is simply pure evil, malicious and seriously deadly! :D I would really love that :)

I almost forgot about the continuation of the Michael story arc... That should be pretty good, as long as they keep him going strong and don't finish him off like Koyla, I think Michael is a badguy that would be really good to see causing alot of problems for the experdition in S5 :)

Michael is such a complex enemy and what they did to this character has been amazing. I think he is truly dynamic. A potential ally they not once but twice double crossed and became a enemy and far from a quiet one. Man, i cannot wait to see how this unfolds.

Fenrir Foxz
February 14th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Michael is such a complex enemy and what they did to this character has been amazing. I think he is truly dynamic. A potential ally they not once but twice double crossed and became a enemy and far from a quiet one. Man, i cannot wait to see how this unfolds.

Yup same here, 'The Kindred' will give us a better view of him and the news that he will be in S5 just adds to those eps, I had a feeling Michael would be finished with this season *killed* but I'm thankful he's not... maybe we'll get to see those giant bug creatures cause some real problems next season, kind of like Aliens meet SGA :D if done right that would be fantastic IMO :D

Chailyn
February 14th, 2008, 08:32 AM

This is something I'm also interested in. I hope they make the new enemy a bit more personal, so we have a greater stake in the outcome. It'll up the suspense factor.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Carson again. :)

Fenrir Foxz
February 14th, 2008, 08:38 AM

Yes!!! :D Carson! 5 eps! Woohoo!

Ahem... Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing Carson once again, it will be good to see how the character is used in S5 :) Maybe he'll finally get a chance to finish his Wraith retro-virus?

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 08:40 AM
This is something I'm also interested in. I hope they make the new enemy a bit more personal, so we have a greater stake in the outcome. It'll up the suspense factor.

The whole Carson and Michael thing is exciting and it will most likely continue next season.

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Yes!!! :D Carson! 5 eps! Woohoo!

Ahem... Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing Carson once again, it will be good to see how the character is used in S5 :) Maybe he'll finally get a chance to finish his Wraith retro-virus?

Yeah, Carson is likely going to be in the genetics/science type episodes. When someone is hurt for other reasons they'll go to Keller.

Fenrir Foxz
February 14th, 2008, 08:48 AM
The whole Carson and Michael thing is exciting and it will most likely continue next season.

Yeah, Carson is likely going to be in the genetics/science type episodes. When someone is hurt for other reasons they'll go to Keller.

Yeah that's how I see their roles playing out, you think there may be some issues developing between Carson and Michael for S5?

*Hate for the Wraith that had him caged up for example, Or and enjoyment in preying on the Doc bacause Michael might have found a way to Carson's weaknesses and tried to exploite them*

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Yeah that's how I see their roles playing out, you think there may be some issues developing between Carson and Michael for S5?

*Hate for the Wraith that had him caged up for example, Or and enjoyment in preying on the Doc bacause Michael might have found a way to Carson's weaknesses and tried to exploite them*

It is really deep if you think about it. Carson is the one responsible for Michael being an outcast. The Wraith don't want him and neither does Atlantis of course. There is so much moral to this story that it makes the show truly dark and dynamic. Human vs Wraith, how different are we? I hope we see this story continue for S5!

jelgate
February 14th, 2008, 09:03 AM
It is really deep if you think about it. Carson is the one responsible for Michael being an outcast. The Wraith don't want him and neither does Atlantis of course. There is so much moral to this story that it makes the show truly dark and dynamic. Human vs Wraith, how different are we? I hope we see this story continue for S5!

The Wraith aren't evil, they are just hungry. Thats what make them so interesting. If they weren't eating sentinent beings there would be no problem.

Fenrir Foxz
February 14th, 2008, 09:03 AM
It is really deep if you think about it. Carson is the one responsible for Michael being an outcast. The Wraith don't want him and neither does Atlantis of course. There is so much moral to this story that it makes the show truly dark and dynamic. Human vs Wraith, how different are we?

:indeed:

Well we do usually kill our food without consideration just to feed ;)

Yup, I would think there could be some serious issues between Michael and Carson, glad you see where I'm coming from on this :)

The Wraith aren't evil, they are just hungry. Thats what make them so interesting. If they weren't eating sentinent beings there would be no problem.

True, but I do think there is an evilness about them... but that is just a human perception talking ;)

jenks
February 14th, 2008, 09:06 AM

Exactly. Humans are arguably more evil for what we eat, we kill animals on an industrial scale, and we don't even have to.

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 09:07 AM

Yup exactly and Season 4 we saw how much more human the Wraith are. They are feeding off humans to survive. Michael is an interesting mix, since he is even more human due to the retro-virus. This arc for this season and next season I think is going to be done very well or at least hope it is done well. It will keep people very interested in the series.

This is why SGA needs a new enemy that is totally evil.

jelgate
February 14th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Yup exactly and Season 4 we saw how much more human the Wraith are. They are feeding off humans to survive. Michael is an interesting mix, since he is even more human due to the retro-virus. This arc for this season and next season I think is going to be done very well or at least hope it is done well. It will keep people very interested in the series.

I like enemies that aren't fully evil. It brings to ask a lot of questions. Its easier to kill someone who is evil vs someone who is just trying to surrive.

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Exactly. Humans are arguably more evil for what we eat, we kill animals on an industrial scale, and we don't even have to.

I think what happened with Michael truly made the Wraith more dynamic and interesting along with the entire show. I think when we enter Season 5, the Wraith will still be a threat but they be put on the back burner for a bit. Which is fine with me, just don't eliminate them, and perhaps make something happen to where they are even more powerful.

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 09:11 AM
I like enemies that aren't fully evil. It brings to ask a lot of questions. Its easier to kill someone who is evil vs someone who is just trying to surrive.

Or who is alive or a machine or is self aware!

The_Carpenter
February 14th, 2008, 09:13 AM

I hope we get something utterly alien, perhaps an Insectoid race or something, we've had enough human adversary's over the years would be nice to have a change

Fenrir Foxz
February 14th, 2008, 09:14 AM

I agree, their is quite alot of similarities between us and the Wraith... but it would be great to have a purly evil race for S5 :)

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 09:21 AM
I hope we get something utterly alien, perhaps an Insectoid race or something, we've had enough human adversary's over the years would be nice to have a change

Scarrens? :p

Fenrir Foxz
February 14th, 2008, 09:22 AM

Wouldn't that be a cliche of Farscape? :P

The_Carpenter
February 14th, 2008, 09:23 AM

Weren't they reptilian? haven't watched Farscape in a while

Fenrir Foxz
February 14th, 2008, 09:25 AM

Yeah they did have a reptillian look to them...

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Wouldn't that be a cliche of Farscape? :P

Scarrens were cool, I loved that enemy on Farscape. But I agree, lets get some more alien looking type enemies. Maybe the Furlings go bad! :p

jelgate
February 14th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Scarrens were cool, I loved that enemy on Farscape. But I agree, lets get some more alien looking type enemies. Maybe the Furlings go bad! :p

:eek: You said the F word

Cory Holmes
February 14th, 2008, 09:32 AM
I have cautious optimism regarding Woolsey on Atlantis because I remember him in Heroes II when he calmly threatened a two-star general with a trial-less jail scentence should he breathe a word about the Stargate program.

That Woolsey I can handle and enjoy. I won't enjoy the "bumbing beaurocrat" that he became.

The PTBs can't be blamed for the implosion of the Weir/Asuran arc in S5 because it was the actress' choice not to participate. If they say they had an arc planned, then I'm willing to accept that at face value and it's not their fault that it won't happen that way. I hold out hope that Ms. Higginson will reconsider at a later date and reprise her role as Weir, but until then... c'est la vie.

I actually like Keller and look forward to seeing her in future episodes. I'm gonna get papered for this, but I never cared for Carson. In my opinion he was always too whiny for my taste and wasn't sad to see him go.

As for Larrin... I wasn't dissatisfied with her appearances, though I did get a kick out of some of her one-liners. I appreciate any woman who's got a mouth and wit in her :)

My personal wish-list is pretty well limited to cutting Atlantis off from Earth again. Although it would make it more like Stargate: Voyager, I did enjoy the frontier spirit that the first season had, the feeling of being lost in a foreign land and trying to get along with the natives. That's a key piece of the puzzle and one I dearly want to see return.

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Yeah they did have a reptillian look to them...

:eek: You said the F word

LOL! :p Yeah Furlings were an SG-1 thing. We need something new for next season!

jenks
February 14th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Oh I don't know, I'm looking forward to seeing Daniel in Atlantis, surely his arrival has something to do with mythology...

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Oh I don't know, I'm looking forward to seeing Daniel in Atlantis, surely his arrival has something to do with mythology...

Yup! The Daniel eps are going to be interesting. We are likely going to get some kind of mythology or some kind of Ancient type episode. I am looking forward to those eps as well. :)

Cory Holmes
February 14th, 2008, 09:37 AM
There are two things that draw me in to Atlantis regularly: one, the characters and their interactions with each other. The show has some outstanding actors and I always enjoy watching them shine.

Two (and most importantly) I love watching the characters do and say things that seperate them from the cliche pigeonhole that the majority of Hollywood chacters.

Well, 2.5: I also love the witty one-liners they get to spout. Always makes me laugh :D

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 10:36 AM
There are two things that draw me in to Atlantis regularly: one, the characters and their interactions with each other. The show has some outstanding actors and I always enjoy watching them shine.

Two (and most importantly) I love watching the characters do and say things that seperate them from the cliche pigeonhole that the majority of Hollywood chacters.

Well, 2.5: I also love the witty one-liners they get to spout. Always makes me laugh :D

Yup, totally agree!

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I wonder what kind of role Zelenka and Lorne will have in next season.

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I wonder what kind of role Zelenka and Lorne will have in next season.

probably similar to this season

jelgate
February 14th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Zelenka and Lorne are McKay and Sheppard Jr. A lot of times they serve their fields when Sheppard and McKay are unavailable and person for Sheppard and McKay can releate too. I doubt their roles will change next season.

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 11:21 AM
probably similar to this season

Yeah that is what I thought. :)

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Zelenka and Lorne are McKay and Sheppard Jr. A lot of times they serve their fields when Sheppard and McKay are unavailable and person for Sheppard and McKay can releate too. I doubt their roles will change next season.

I agree their roles won't change and that's good imo. both are great characters

Yeah that is what I thought. :)

at least their screentime should be as much as in s4

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 11:27 AM
I agree their roles won't change and that's good imo. both are great characters

at least their screentime should be as much as in s4

Yeah they are good supporting characters. It's good they will be back next season. See Carson was suppose to be that kind of role but the producers pushed him into a regular role. It's a good thing they are bringing Carson back next season. :)

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Yeah they are good supporting characters. It's good they will be back next season. See Carson was suppose to be that kind of role but the producers pushed him into a regular role. It's a good thing they are bringing Carson back next season. :)

yeah it might've been a mistake to make him a regular. anyway all three are cool characters and I hope we'll see more of them in s5. :) man I really wanna see The Kindred!

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 11:36 AM
yeah it might've been a mistake to make him a regular. anyway all three are cool characters and I hope we'll see more of them in s5. :) man I really wanna see The Kindred!

Dude you know what I see next season? I see the same regular team members, with one person returning who was not in this current season. So that is a plus. I am loving Keller now, and they are keeping her. A lot of people seem to be embracing Keller. Jewel Staite is a fine actress. Paul Mcgillion is great also, We are getting both next season.

As per Weir, I am slowly forgetting her since Torri quit. See Where carson is now in my sig! :p

tjmitchem
February 14th, 2008, 11:47 AM
I think the thing I'm most looking forward to in S5 is what the writers do with Woolsey.

What's going to be interesting is how the whole IOA thing gets handled now. Previously, you had Atlantis going about it's business with the IOA watching and criticizing. The IOA was basically one step removed, so they didn't have to take the blame if there was a catastrophe in another galaxy.

Now, they've taken the man who has been the very face of the IOA and put him in charge. If he screws up, the IOA doesn't have any safety net at all.

It'll be very interesting to see how all of the IOA political BS affects the leadership of Atlantis :)

Raven56
February 14th, 2008, 12:00 PM
I think the thing I'm most looking forward to in S5 is what the writers do with Woolsey.

What's going to be interesting is how the whole IOA thing gets handled now. Previously, you had Atlantis going about it's business with the IOA watching and criticizing. The IOA was basically one step removed, so they didn't have to take the blame if there was a catastrophe in another galaxy.

Now, they've taken the man who has been the very face of the IOA and put him in charge. If he screws up, the IOA doesn't have any safety net at all.

It'll be very interesting to see how all of the IOA political BS affects the leadership of Atlantis :)
Oh, yeah - they won't be able to blame anyone else any more, will they? They might actually run slap into the 'be careful what you wish for' problem... :)

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Dude you know what I see next season? I see the same regular team members, with one person returning who was not in this current season. So that is a plus.

:indeed: and there's also Woolsey ;) :P

I am loving Keller now, and they are keeping her. A lot of people seem to be embracing Keller. Jewel Staite is a fine actress. Paul Mcgillion is great also, We are getting both next season.

having both Keller and Carson in s5 is great. it's gonna be interesting how they'll work together

As per Weir, I am slowly forgetting her since Torri quit. See Where carson is now in my sig! :p

yup :)

The_Carpenter
February 14th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Oh, yeah - they won't be able to blame anyone else any more, will they? They might actually run slap into the 'be careful what you wish for' problem... :)

Or they'll place the blame on someone, rather than discredit themselves we all know how cowardly and manipulative the IOA are.

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 12:07 PM

I think that is why it will be very interesting. Maybe Woolsey will begin to see the side of the folks of Atlantis.

A good example was in "The Seer", when Woolsey asked how Carter knew the Wraith ship would not attack, and she said she didn't know, he replies with, well that is something I won't put in my report. So yeah he can be a good guy also.

jelgate
February 14th, 2008, 12:09 PM
I think that is why it will be very interesting. Maybe Woolsey will begin to see the side of the folks of Atlantis.

A good example was in "The Seer", when Woolsey asked how Carter knew the Wraith ship would not attack, and she said she didn't know, he replies with, well that is something I won't put in my report. So yeah he can be a good guy also.

If Woosley evulates Carter than who is bueracratic enough to evulate Woosley.

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 12:10 PM

O'neill? :p

The_Carpenter
February 14th, 2008, 12:12 PM

Gordon Brown or any UK politician for that matter would do, we are big into bureaucracy here unfortunatly.

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 12:16 PM

O'neill? :p

yes PLEASE! :D

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 12:28 PM
yes PLEASE! :D

One of my favorite O'neill and Woolsey scenes was when they are talking to the Ancient in the meeting room in "The Return" and Woolsey puts his hand on O'neill's. The look on O'neill's face was priceless! :lol:

I think Woolsey is going to be great next season. :)

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 12:33 PM
One of my favorite O'neill and Woolsey scenes was when they are talking to the Ancient in the meeting room in "The Return" and Woolsey puts his hand on O'neill's. The look on O'neill's face was priceless! :lol:

you mean this?
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SGA/return1_0178.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SGA/return1_0179.jpg

The_Carpenter
February 14th, 2008, 12:34 PM

I would love to have Vala come to Atlantis when Woolseys in charge, just so we get the line... "whats that annoying little weasel man doing in charge here?"

jelgate
February 14th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Should I bring the list over here?

The_Carpenter
February 14th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Should I bring the list over here?

why not,

And I'll nab Alicia Vega before anyone else does ;)

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 12:39 PM
why not,

And I'll nab Alicia Vega before anyone else does ;)

go ahead ;) I don't care as long as I get Sam :D

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 12:45 PM
you mean this?
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SGA/return1_0178.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SGA/return1_0179.jpg

LOL! Awesome. Hey didn'r Joe M said he was trying to get O'neill in for Season 5 but it was not looking too good? :(

jelgate
February 14th, 2008, 12:46 PM
The list has a new location
Methosivanhoe Keller (http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/320/html/firststrike0019.html)
FenRiR FoXz Adria (http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/1010/html/questpt1_0593.html)
Jumper_One- Sam (http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s8/816/shroomy/html/bscap152.html)
Jelgate - Teyla (http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/213/html/critical_mass152.html)
Aquarian - Lam (http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s9/902/shroomy/html/avalon2x328.html)
Amaunet - Sheppard (http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/305/html/progeny115.html)
Raven56 - Doppleganger Sheppard (http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/404/html/doppleganger0959.html)
Col.Foley -Cadman (http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/213/html/critical_mass130.html)
Mitchell82 - Heightmeyer (http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/118/html/gift231.html)
Briangate78-Ava (http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SGA/415%20Outcast/Outcast2.png)
Lythisrose-Woolsey (http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/302/html/misbegotten0094.html)
The CapertenerVega (http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/dsc04399.jpg)

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 12:48 PM
go ahead ;) I don't care as long as I get Sam :D

How many eps do you think Carter will be in next season? Sanctuary won't take as long as SGA to shoot, plus they take a break with SGA. Carter might likely return more towards the 2nd half of the season. She has to be in the Daniel eps.

The_Carpenter
February 14th, 2008, 12:52 PM
How many eps do you think Carter will be in next season? Sanctuary won't take as long as SGA to shoot, plus they take a break with SGA. Carter might likely return more towards the 2nd half of the season. She has to be in the Daniel eps.

Hopefully she will be. I can actually picture Jack sending her over to check up on Woolsey making sure his not being overly bueracratic.

Mitchell82
February 14th, 2008, 12:55 PM

And my depression on that was just finally going away....:S:mckay:

Mitchell82
February 14th, 2008, 12:56 PM

I'd love her to be in alot of eps especially the Daniel eps. Most likely no more than 5 however.

jelgate
February 14th, 2008, 12:56 PM

Be a good boy and take your pills.

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 12:57 PM
LOL! Awesome. Hey didn'r Joe M said he was trying to get O'neill in for Season 5 but it was not looking too good? :(

from Joe's blog, february 8

Nigel RAF writes: “What does the Magic Eight Ball say about a Jack O’niell guest spot in season five?”

Magic 8 Ball says: Outlook not so good.

:(

How many eps do you think Carter will be in next season? Sanctuary won't take as long as SGA to shoot, plus they take a break with SGA. Carter might likely return more towards the 2nd half of the season.

well I voted for 6 eps... we know she's in two and both AT and Joe said they'd want Sam Carter to remain a guest star in SGA. we may see her in two more eps in the back half imo. Joe said it depends on her availability and on the stories the writers come up with. I certainly hope to see more of her in s5

She has to be in the Daniel eps.

you think? IDK he's supoosed to be in two pretty big eps which could be the mid-season two-parter. we know Sam's in the premiere and Woolsey will probably take command in The Seed - that's already two eps. also having both Daniel and Sam in this big two-parter may be a little too much SG-1 for some fans

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 12:58 PM

yes but that was different ;) the ratings are good, even better than the first half. it definitely looks good :)

Mitchell82
February 14th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Be a good boy and take your pills.

Sorry I don't know how to be good.

Mitchell82
February 14th, 2008, 01:01 PM
yes but that was different ;) the ratings are good, even better than the first half. it definitely looks good :)

True. Still I hated that when it happened still do.

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 01:05 PM

Yeah the network will be looking at the Live + 7 because of it 1.) Being a cable network which has a higher Commercial viewing average. 2.) Shows the potential amount of live viewers for the show, A good example, BAMSR which pulled in almost 2 million viewers live! If the ratings stay pretty steady now with the 1.1's and 1.2's and then the finale gets a 1.4 to 1.5, SGA will be in good shape for a Season 6 pickup. That is for Live+SD btw.

S3 saw the opposite, ratings went down from Season 3.0 to 3.5, they are going up now from Season 4.0 to 4.5 and staying steady.

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 01:06 PM
So do you think we'll see scenes like this in Season 5?

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/marcm1978/misbegotten0426.jpg

Mitchell82
February 14th, 2008, 01:11 PM

I hope so! I think I know what Carson was thinking in this scene."Oh crap I forgot my line!"
Conner will you please brush your teeth?! Your breath could strip the paint off these walls!"

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Yeah the network will be looking at the Live + 7 because of it 1.) Being a cable network which has a higher Commercial viewing average. 2.) Shows the potential amount of live viewers for the show, A good example, BAMSR which pulled in almost 2 million viewers live! If the ratings stay pretty steady now with the 1.1's and 1.2's and then the finale gets a 1.4 to 1.5, SGA will be in good shape for a Season 6 pickup. That is for Live+SD btw.

right! just one thing - only Quarantine got a 1.1, the rest got 1.2's and of course the 1.4 for BAMSR (ALL live +7!)

S3 saw the opposite, ratings went down from Season 3.0 to 3.5, they are going up now from Season 4.0 to 4.5 and staying steady.

:indeed: the back half of s3 didn't do much better than s4.5. I'm still very curious about the numbers for the last four eps, they shoul dbe pretty good!

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 01:12 PM

I think we may already see this in The Kindred ;)

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I hope so! I think I know what Carson was thinking in this scene."Oh crap I forgot my line!"
Conner will you please brush your teeth?! Your breath could strip the paint off these walls!"

LOL! Good one! :p

Well both Carson and Michael are going to be in next season, so it should be interesting. :)

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I think we may already see this in The Kindred ;)

Yes, except Michael will likely have a little more blue-green to his face color. :p

Mitchell82
February 14th, 2008, 01:17 PM

Well both Carson and Michael are going to be in next season, so it should be interesting. :)

Indeed.

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Yes, except Michael will likely have a little more blue-green to his face color. :p

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SGA/SGA26.jpg

jelgate
February 14th, 2008, 02:08 PM
How long until Sheppard punches Woosley.

SGFerrit
February 14th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Not long:) I'm looking forward to Woolsey's interactions with the team. As I've said before, alot of people are saying Woolsey is a bad choice for the role as leader, but... why is that such a bad thing? It is realistic that the IOA would get one of their own in there, and after having two good leaders in the forms of Weir and Carter, it could be interesting to have someone who will, how can I put it... screw up quite a bit. I expect he will learn and grow, just like McKay has:)

jenks
February 14th, 2008, 02:19 PM

I doubt it to be honest, I'd be surprised if Michael has a very prominent role in season 5...

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Not long:) I'm looking forward to Woolsey's interactions with the team. As I've said before, alot of people are saying Woolsey is a bad choice for the role as leader, but... why is that such a bad thing? It is realistic that the IOA would get one of their own in there, and after having two good leaders in the forms of Weir and Carter, it could be interesting to have someone who will, how can I put it... screw up quite a bit. I expect he will learn and grow, just like McKay has:)

right it IS realistic. also of course Woolsey's a bad choice but that's what makes it interesting ;)

I doubt it to be honest, I'd be surprised if Michael has a very prominent role in season 5...

probably not but he only has to be in an ep with Carson and might indeed get such a scene

SGFerrit
February 14th, 2008, 02:38 PM

Well...

He is in the next 4 episodes. He has only appeared in 5 episodes of the show so far I believe, so the fact that he is going to almost double that number so quickly... I am looking forward to seeing more of him, and his storyline with carson, Teyla and his mega-bugs:)

jenks
February 14th, 2008, 02:43 PM
I think he's going to die in the first episode of season 5. When Mallozzi read what some article has said about Michael having a major arc in season 5 he ridiculed it on his blog, as if to say - not a chance.

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I think he's going to die in the first episode of season 5. When Mallozzi read what some article has said about Michael having a major arc in season 5 he ridiculed it on his blog, as if to say - not a chance.

you mean this

“Michael, everybody’s favorite Wraith (Connor Trinnear of “Star Trek: Enterprise”), will have a very significant storyline in Season 5,”

A very significant storyline? That’s news to us in the writing department.

there's also this

Mrs. B108 writes: “Will Michael and Teyla share some heavily intense moments?”

Answer: Possibly.

SGFerrit
February 14th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I don't think that definitely means he will be killed off, he could just dissapear again for a while. He has a bad habit of doing that!

Fenrir Foxz
February 14th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Well...

He is in the next 4 episodes. He has only appeared in 5 episodes of the show so far I believe, so the fact that he is going to almost double that number so quickly... I am looking forward to seeing more of him, and his storyline with carson, Teyla and his mega-bugs:)

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Michael, and definately more of the super bugs... I really hope they'll be back in S5.

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing more of Michael, and definately more of the super bugs... I really hope they'll be back in S5.

well there's this ;)

Anonymous #2 writes: "Since Michael is now no longer fully Wraith and lacks the funky teeth and hairdo, does this also mean that he is incapable of feeding like a normal Wraith?"

Answer: Good question. Stay tuned.

Willow'sCat
February 14th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Well I am looking forward to Woolsey coming on board, looking forward to more Keller now she is a regular and hopeful about Teyla being back in action.

I actually think the inclusion of Woolsey could work really well, he has shown that he can sit back, even though it was hard for him, and let the Team do what they need to do. If tptb can bring that Woolsey to the forefront, also with some conflict because no one ever agrees 100% with their bosses, then he could be better then Carter in the leadership role. Although if tptb decide to go with a kind of Carter presence, that is not seen or heard too much I would also like that. I still think SGA needs a Hammond character in the role, I doubt Woolsey would go off world anymore then Hammond did, and I doubt they (the Team & Woolsey) will see eye to eye on everything just like O'Neill didn't always agree with Hammond. The main difference will probably be that Hammond had in built military hierarchy, so Jack had to take it on the chin, while it will be a bitter pill for Sheppard if he really disagrees with Woolsey over something.

But that is what makes most TV shows good, internal conflicts. I for one miss the on screen conflict in season one; so I say bring it on! :)

SGFerrit
February 14th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Well I am looking forward to Woolsey coming on board, looking forward to more Keller now she is a regular and hopeful about Teyla being back in action.

Oh yes, I have really enjoyed Keller this year, I have seen growth in the episodes she has featured heavily in, and I look forward to more of her next year:)

Fenrir Foxz
February 14th, 2008, 03:20 PM
well there's this ;)

Anonymous #2 writes: "Since Michael is now no longer fully Wraith and lacks the funky teeth and hairdo, does this also mean that he is incapable of feeding like a normal Wraith?"

Answer: Good question. Stay tuned.

Cool thanks ;)

I would think he is still Wraith physically thus able to feed like any other... having experienced what it is like to be human though I think he has developed psychological issues regarding his feelings towards his food, that IMO is one thing that will turn him into a real 'Lecter' type when it comes down to exactly how evil he can be... The fact that Michael has been betrayed on a couple of occasions by the team and Beckett in particular will have only added to the hate/rage within him... If done right *Which I believe TPTB will have a good go at* Michael could be a serious threat and an enemy that could cause serious problems...

Hopefully the super-bugs were just the beginning of Michael's revenge...

SGFerrit
February 14th, 2008, 03:26 PM
If done right *Which I believe TPTB will have a good go at* Michael could be a serious threat and an enemy that could cause serious problems...

Indeed, it seems this could come through in The Kindred, with the latest part of his plan that involves something from Beckett's past which I'm sure still haunts him (If it is real Beckett, which I seriously think it is)

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Yeah, I don't think that definitely means he will be killed off, he could just dissapear again for a while. He has a bad habit of doing that!

Yeah I agree. He will likely pop up later in the season. Michael has been one of the most interesting and dynamic enemies introduced to SGA. The writers struck gold with this one, lets hope they can continue it.

Fenrir Foxz
February 14th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Oh yes, I have really enjoyed Keller this year, I have seen growth in the episodes she has featured heavily in, and I look forward to more of her next year:)

Same here, I've found Keller to be a likable character and the more I've seen of her the more I was happy TPTB chose JS to play her and how she has been written into the show :)

Indeed, it seems this could come through in The Kindred, with the latest part of his plan that involves something from Beckett's past which I'm sure still haunts him (If it is real Beckett, which I seriously think it is)

The Kindred looks to be a really good two parter, and I think we'll get a better idea of how bad Michael can really be...

SGFerrit
February 14th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Yeah I agree. He will likely pop up later in the season. Michael has been one of the most interesting and dynamic enemies introduced to SGA. The writers struck gold with this one, lets hope they can continue it.

Exactly:)

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Exactly:)

Yup and he is going to be in the last 3 episodes of the season! :cool:

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Tonight's discussion

Carson Beckett returning in Season 5!

Very happy Carson will return for at least 5 eps next season. I am curious how they plan to write him back into the show. 5 eps is a nice chunk. :cool:

SGFerrit
February 14th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Tonight's discussion

Very happy Carson will return for at least 5 eps next season. I am curious how they plan to write him back into the show. 5 eps is a nice chunk. :cool:

Indeed. quarter of the season is pretty good for a 'dead' character:cool::D

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Tonight's discussion

woohoo :D

Very happy Carson will return for at least 5 eps next season. I am curious how they plan to write him back into the show.

me too

5 eps is a nice chunk. :cool:

yeah I'm really looking forward to them. hopefully we'll see more of him in s6 ;) :D

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Indeed. quarter of the season is pretty good for a 'dead' character:cool::D

Oh yeah! :p I guess because Carson is more of a scientist and has knowledge with Genetics they will likely fit him in that role.

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 05:18 PM
woohoo :D

me too

yeah I'm really looking forward to them. hopefully we'll see more of him in s6 ;) :D

I hope so too. :)

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 05:42 PM
I hope so too. :)

hehe quickly changed it eh? ;) :P anyway yeah it's been a while, it'll definitely be good to see Carson again - ALIVE! :D

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 05:44 PM
hehe quickly changed it eh? ;) :P anyway yeah it's been a while, it'll definitely be good to see Carson again - ALIVE! :D

Yeah I had to. ;) It should be interesting how they write him back into the show. :cool:

jelgate
February 14th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I could care less about Beckett. I am looking forward to see Woosley.

Sorry guys

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 05:56 PM

Sorry guys

no problem dude :)

Mitchell82
February 14th, 2008, 05:59 PM

I hope so too. Though I'd love a Trip vs Michael scene. Massive cool crossover.;)

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I hope so too. Though I'd love a Trip vs Michael scene. Massive cool crossover.;)

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 06:03 PM

Sorry guys

That's cool dude. You feel about Beckett how some of these guys feel about Weir. Myself I love them both, and am glad one is coming back. :)

Now I kinda wish they just killed Weir off in a honorable death. :(

Mitchell82
February 14th, 2008, 06:05 PM
That's cool dude. You feel about Beckett how some of these guys feel about Weir. Myself I love them both, and am glad one is coming back. :)

I liked Weir but loved Carson so I'm fairly happy though I do understand the frustration of the Weir fans.

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 06:07 PM
still no mailbag...

but some pics
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SGA/dsc04401.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SGA/dsc04403.jpg

Mitchell82
February 14th, 2008, 06:08 PM
still no mailbag...

but some pics

The zipper's too high.;)

Fenrir Foxz
February 14th, 2008, 06:08 PM

I really loved those super bugs, reminded me a little of Aliens... I know it would be a cliche big time but I would like another ep like Vengence just different setting like on an abandoned ship or something :)

jelgate
February 14th, 2008, 06:09 PM

Guns a blazing, going down with her ship.

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 06:11 PM

what ship?

Fenrir Foxz
February 14th, 2008, 06:12 PM
still no mailbag...

but some pics

Cool! :D She is soo hot! I know I'm going to love Alicia Vega and S5 a whole lot more because of her :D

The zipper's too high.;)

I would share your feelings but... well suffice to say I've seen some of her previous work :D

Mitchell82
February 14th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Cool! :D She is soo hot! I know I'm going to love Alicia Vega and S5 a whole lot more because of her :D

I would share your feelings but... well suffice to say I've seen some of her previous work :D

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 06:17 PM

I bet you will ;) :P

I KNEW IT! :lol:

Mitchell82
February 14th, 2008, 06:19 PM

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I liked Weir but loved Carson so I'm fairly happy though I do understand the frustration of the Weir fans.

Yeah I am cool with the direction. I am moving on, points to sig. Notice how Carson replaced. ;) I am a dissapointed Weir fan, so not much more that can be said, it's over.

Something like that.

Fenrir Foxz
February 14th, 2008, 06:22 PM

That transparent, huh? :P

What?! You knew what?! I is well confuddled :S :P

Mitchell82
February 14th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Yeah I am cool with the direction. I am moving on, points to sig. Notice how Carson replaced. ;) I am a dissapointed Weir fan, so not much more that can be said, it's over.
I'm sorry that you won't get the closure you wanted and even though I only liked her I wish we did.

Something like that.
Like Pendergast?

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I'm sorry that you won't get the closure you wanted and even though I only liked her I wish we did.

Like Pendergast?

As not a big fan of Season 9, I enjoyed that episode, "Ethon" Yes, as per Weir I wanted closure.

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Poll on SCI FI

So with the recent casting news, Jewel Staite( Dr. Jennifer Keller) will be signing on as a regular next season. How do you feel about that?

Love it! Bring me more Keller [ 45 ] [36.29%]
I like Keller but don't make it every single episode. [ 49 ] [39.52%]
Can they keep her recurring? [ 17 ] [13.71%]
Hate Keller, get her off the show. [ 13 ] [10.48%]

Fenrir Foxz
February 14th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Poll on SCI FI

So with the recent casting news, Jewel Staite( Dr. Jennifer Keller) will be signing on as a regular next season. How do you feel about that?

That looks good :)

Thanks for the info... I'd have picked: "I like Keller but don't make it every single episode."

jelgate
February 14th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I would have selected, Can Keller go a fox hunt.

Mitchell82
February 14th, 2008, 06:46 PM

Thanks for the info... I'd have picked: "I like Keller but don't make it every single episode."

Same here. Lets not turn her into Carson.*runs*

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Poll on SCI FI

cool poll :)

which is exactly what we're gonna get in s5 ;)

Fenrir Foxz
February 14th, 2008, 07:05 PM
I would have selected, Can Keller go a fox hunt.

Really? I didn't notice that possibility on the poll :P

Same here. Lets not turn her into Carson.*runs*

I agree...

Yup :)

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 07:18 PM

cool poll :)

A lot of folks are happy about Carson, they like Keller, and most want to give Woolsey a chance. Well from what I've seen.

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 07:21 PM
A lot of folks are happy about Carson, they like Keller, and most want to give Woolsey a chance. Well from what I've seen.

the best thing is to keep an open mind, there may be some surprises :)

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 07:24 PM
the best thing is to keep an open mind, there may be some surprises :)

No one is ever going to be happy 100 percent. If it's Weir, Carson, Keller, Woolsey, Carter, and etc. I am really getting weared down by all this. It's one thing to dislike an episode here and there and talk about the flaws but to be 100 percent Pro or Anti is just not possible.

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 07:29 PM
No one is ever going to be happy 100 percent. If it's Weir, Carson, Keller, Woolsey, Carter, and etc. I am really getting weared down by all this. It's one thing to dislike an episode here and there and talk about the flaws but to be 100 percent Pro or Anti is just not possible.

true. I think the problem is how different s5 may be. people are afraid of change, however it's not always bad. I'm sure folks will change their mind about s5 once the next eps have aired ;)

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 07:36 PM
true. I think the problem is how different s5 may be. people are afraid of change, however it's not always bad. I'm sure folks will change their mind about s5 once the next eps have aired ;)

Yup! I still think Weir should of just been killed off, don't you?

Childermass
February 14th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Poll on SCI FI

I'd go with I like Keller but don't make it every single episode. She can be a little draining.;)

I don't think I could take the complete absence of Weir had Keller not been made a regular, though.

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Yup! I still think Weir should of just been killed off, don't you?

it would've made things a LOT easier! however remember TBTB wanted to bring her back in s5 as a starting point of a potentially bigger arc.they couldn't have known that TH would turn down the offer

I'd go with I like Keller but don't make it every single episode. She can be a little draining.;)

I don't think I could take the complete absence of Weir had Keller not been made a regular, though.

Keller won't be in 20 eps in s5, probably 14-16

[mod snip]I have no issues giving up on Weir. I do wish the actress the best. Look at my signature, see how many originals are still around? Yes minus one Ford, but Ford was axed which was a good thing.

you call Brian an original? :P

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Keller won't be in 20 eps in s5, probably 14-16

you call Brian an original? :P

Yeah Keller will likely be in a few more than this season, which I believe was 11 or 12?

As per Brian, that would rock to have him guest star. :p

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Yeah Keller will likely be in a few more than this season, which I believe was 11 or 12?

Keller was in 10, RepliKeller in 1 ep (TMC)

As per Brian, that would rock to have him guest star. :p

indeed it would :D

TameFarrar
February 14th, 2008, 07:53 PM
i made my complaints so now I will make my praise :)

I do like Richard Picardo so I am looking forward to how he does with Woolsey and how it all plays out

He is a fabulous actor and if he is given the opportunity he can make us love to hate him :) or love to love him or just be really enthralled by his character and just want to tune in each week to see if he is on.

Sort of how I felt about Kinsey all those years :D

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 07:55 PM

I do like Richard Picardo so I am looking forward to how he does with Woolsey and how it all plays out

He is a fabulous actor and if he is given the opportunity he can make us love to hate him :) or love to love him or just be really enthralled by his character and just want to tune in each week to see if he is on.

I think Woolsey is going to be very interesting since he is not military. We may get some character drama and conflict which I felt we did not get that with Carter this season.

jelgate
February 14th, 2008, 07:58 PM

Woosley: SheppardI want your reports in triplicat not duplicate. Do that again and I will see that you are court martialed

TameFarrar
February 14th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I think Woolsey is going to be very interesting since he is not military. We may get some character drama and conflict which I felt we did not get that with Carter this season.

very true

He does seem to be the ONE IOA guy that has a heart (so to speak) and he does want to see the *right thing done* but at the same time he wars with the red tape side of himself :D and wants to cross every *T* and dot every *I* and he IS a chicken at heart LOLOLOL so that will make for some interesting stories

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 08:02 PM

yeah I'm very much looking forward to Woolsey. it's gonna be a different show because he sure has no idea what he's getting into. add to that most of the Atlantis crew doesn't like him. the whole dynamic of the show will change and I certainly hope for some conflict between him and Shep. oooh and also Ronon, that's gonna be awesome :D

Woosley: SheppardI want your reports in triplicat not duplicate. Do that again and I will see that you are court martialed

wasn't there a pic?

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 08:03 PM
very true

He does seem to be the ONE IOA guy that has a heart (so to speak) and he does want to see the *right thing done* but at the same time he wars with the red tape side of himself :D and wants to cross every *T* and dot every *I* and he IS a chicken at heart LOLOLOL so that will make for some interesting stories

What did he say in "The Seer" That he wanted a thorough report, and he chose to leave out of the report about Sam making a guess about the Wraith ships. So yeah the guy can be strict but he also seems to have a soft side. I think it will be nice to see this transition and it's going to be a conflicting one next season which could be very enjoyable to watch. I mean you saw how Sheppard treated him in "The Seer" Just that is enough to anticipate the drama for next season. :)

TameFarrar
February 14th, 2008, 08:13 PM
What did he say in "The Seer" That he wanted a thorough report, and he chose to leave out of the report about Sam making a guess about the Wraith ships. So yeah the guy can be strict but he also seems to have a soft side. I think it will be nice to see this transition and it's going to be a conflicting one next season which could be very enjoyable to watch. I mean you saw how Sheppard treated him in "The Seer" Just that is enough to anticipate the drama for next season. :)

True
I also remember back on SG-1 he couldn't let Kinsey get away with the things he was doing AND Hammond trusted him to deliver the most damaging evidence to Pres. Hayes.

So Woolsey has his good points and his bad...so it will be good to have a character that we have some depth built into already.

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 08:16 PM
True
I also remember back on SG-1 he couldn't let Kinsey get away with the things he was doing AND Hammond trusted him to deliver the most damaging evidence to Pres. Hayes.

So Woolsey has his good points and his bad...so it will be good to have a character that we have some depth built into already.

Oh yeah in "Inauguration" right? Yeah he was brave enough to go against the vice president and tell Hayes about Kinsey. So he scored some points with me there as being the "good" guy. I think a few folks are concerned he may be a comic relief character. I don't see that happening.

TameFarrar
February 14th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Oh yeah in "Inauguration" right? Yeah he was brave enough to go against the vice president and tell Hayes about Kinsey. So he scored some points with me there as being the "good" guy. I think a few folks are concerned he may be a comic relief character. I don't see that happening.

I truly hope not GADS I just realized his name is ROBERT not Richard... I keep calling him Richard for some reason and David always corrects me...where is David when I need him :D...anyway.. ROBERT is too good of an actor to be used in just that fashion

jelgate
February 14th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Woosley believe in the IOA and NID but doesn't have an agenda like the other people. In the end he is trying to do what he believes he is right. At the core what makes a good leader. A person who does what he/she beleves what is right and staying by those convictions.

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 08:26 PM

;)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SG-1/sg1-7x20-0766.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SG-1/sg1-7x20-0773.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SG-1/sg1-7x20-0785.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SG-1/sg1-7x20-0786.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SG-1/sg1-7x20-0793.jpg

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Did you know Hayes is going to be in the 2nd movie? :p

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Did you know Hayes is going to be in the 2nd movie? :p

yup and he's not the only one ;)
spoilers for Continuum!!!http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SG%20Continuum/SG-CTU-MS-0003.jpg

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 08:38 PM
yup and he's not the only one ;)
spoilers for Continuum!!!http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SG%20Continuum/SG-CTU-MS-0003.jpg

Hmm I wonder if Hammond of Texas will make a guest spot in Season 5.

TameFarrar
February 14th, 2008, 08:50 PM

STOP... I was trying to praise :P

I am happy Ronon will be back :D :D but then again I am a sucker for a good lookin' guy with a phaze pistol :D

jelgate
February 14th, 2008, 08:51 PM

I am happy Ronon will be back :D :D but then again I am a sucker for a good lookin' guy with a phaze pistol :D

Is he joining the mod squad:P

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 08:51 PM

LOL! sorry. :p

I have been very happy with Ronon's direction. I do hope Teyla gets some nice focus in the rest of this season and next season.

Briangate78
February 14th, 2008, 08:52 PM

Hey Jelgate where have you been? Preaching you laws to some planets? :p

Hallowed is the Jelgate. :D

TameFarrar
February 14th, 2008, 08:53 PM
he will if I have any say :D

LOL! sorry. :p

I have been very happy with Ronon's direction. I do hope Teyla gets some nice focus in the rest of this season and next season.

Me too
I really like Teyla's character and I would love to see more ensemble shows again. I completely enjoy those :D when the whole team is working together towards a common goal an everyone is involved in the overall story arc

jelgate
February 14th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Hey Jelgate where have you been? Preaching you laws to some planets? :p

Hallowed is the Jelgate. :D

The Jelgates work is never done. I have been spreading my wisdom to the unbelievers. In time they will learn that the Jelgate is one and true way.

Fenrir Foxz
February 14th, 2008, 09:13 PM

I'm definately happy about Carson's return and 5 eps in season 5 :)

Woolsey has shown potential in some past decisions so I'm more that willing to give him a chance, I believe he'll do what needs to be done when the time calls for it...

LoL... it would be nice to see Hammond again :)

Me too
I really like Teyla's character and I would love to see more ensemble shows again. I completely enjoy those :D when the whole team is working together towards a common goal an everyone is involved in the overall story arc

Yeah I'm hoping there are more team eps in S5 than there were in S4 so far, I miss the team being together but I understand there were reasons for it...

The Jelgates work is never done. I have been spreading my wisdom to the unbelievers. In time they will learn that the Jelgate is one and true way.

:lol: Preaching again? :P

And there was me thinking you did not interfere with the lower plains... :P:P:P

Linzi
February 15th, 2008, 02:18 AM
I'm hopeful the overall good quality of the episodes continues. I have enjoyed many different types of episodes in season 4 and hope this continues.

I am excited about some of the stories I've heard about, and hope the wonderful character moments we've had in season 4 continue. I am rather selfishly pleased to hear there's going to be some extreme Sheppy whump. :o

I hope Woolsey will make a good leader, or at least one who creates much drama. In a way I'm glad TPTB have chosen a completely different leader to Carter. Quite honestly, to me she's unique and anyone similar would pale into insignificance. So Woolsey being SO different is a good thing for me. Also RP is a wonderful actor I've admired for many years.

I hope we'll see some more character exploration, especially of Sheppard. Outcast left me want to know more, which is a good thing, I think.

I'm hoping after the events of season 4, that we'll see some more danger for our heroes. I liked the look of the show this year, and hope season 5 continues in the same vein, though I do hope to see more team episodes. I understand why that couldn't always happen in season 4, but am hoping in season 5 to see more of that.

Thus, all in all, I await season 5 with much excitement. I really hope the overall excellent quality of SGA can continue.

marielabbott
February 15th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Zelenka will be in season five. :) He's been a bright spot in season 4 for me. As long as they don't bash him or make him out to be a weirdo, I'd love to see more of him.

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 07:16 AM

So you'll be on tonight to discuss tonight's ep? :p

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Yeah I'm hoping there are more team eps in S5 than there were in S4 so far, I miss the team being together but I understand there were reasons for it...

I think with Rachel/Teyla back on her feet that will most likely happen next season. :)

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 07:19 AM
I'm hopeful the overall good quality of the episodes continues. I have enjoyed many different types of episodes in season 4 and hope this continues.

I am excited about some of the stories I've heard about, and hope the wonderful character moments we've had in season 4 continue. I am rather selfishly pleased to hear there's going to be some extreme Sheppy whump. :o

I hope Woolsey will make a good leader, or at least one who creates much drama. In a way I'm glad TPTB have chosen a completely different leader to Carter. Quite honestly, to me she's unique and anyone similar would pale into insignificance. So Woolsey being SO different is a good thing for me. Also RP is a wonderful actor I've admired for many years.

I hope we'll see some more character exploration, especially of Sheppard. Outcast left me want to know more, which is a good thing, I think.

I'm hoping after the events of season 4, that we'll see some more danger for our heroes. I liked the look of the show this year, and hope season 5 continues in the same vein, though I do hope to see more team episodes. I understand why that couldn't always happen in season 4, but am hoping in season 5 to see more of that.

Thus, all in all, I await season 5 with much excitement. I really hope the overall excellent quality of SGA can continue.

Well TPTB hyped the Mid-season eps, and they delivered very well. If the last several eps of Season 4 follow up to the hype, I am going to be even more exited about Season 5. I also think a lot of folks who had doubts will have them lifted. The last 3 eps are likely going to be VERY powerful, which will leave people anticipating Season 5 ever so much. :cool:

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Zelenka will be in season five. :) He's been a bright spot in season 4 for me. As long as they don't bash him or make him out to be a weirdo, I'd love to see more of him.

See the last scene in "This Mortal Coil" that is a good Zelenka. :cool:

marielabbott
February 15th, 2008, 07:24 AM
See the last scene in "This Mortal Coil" that is a good Zelenka. :cool:

Yes, very good. My favorite Zelenka moment ever might be in Quarentine where he's muttering to himself in Czech as he climbs through the vents...and then falls! :)

You know what I would like to see in season 5? An episode where Zelenka plus Lorne's team save the day. CSI did an epiosde where the lab techs made a major breakthrough and it was the best episode of that season, imo. If it was well done, having the "back-up team" save the day would be great.

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Yes, very good. My favorite Zelenka moment ever might be in Quarentine where he's muttering to himself in Czech as he climbs through the vents...and then falls! :)

You know what I would like to see in season 5? An episode where Zelenka plus Lorne's team save the day. CSI did an epiosde where the lab techs made a major breakthrough and it was the best episode of that season, imo. If it was well done, having the "back-up team" save the day would be great.

Do you know there is going to be a Zelenka Birthday episode next season? Oh and yes that was likely the best part of Quarantine. As FH would put it most of Quarantine was a YAWN fest. :S But the Zelenka scene in the ducts truly saved that episode.

marielabbott
February 15th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Do you know there is going to be a Zelenka Birthday episode next season? Oh and yes that was likely the best part of Quarantine. As FH would put it most of Quarantine was a YAWN fest. :S But the Zelenka scene in the ducts truly saved that episode.

I'll respectfully disagree about that bit saving the ep, but it really was a great Zelenka moment. :)

I saw that on JM's blog, but thought he was joking. Hmm. Well, if he wasn't, that sounds cool.

SGFerrit
February 15th, 2008, 07:41 AM

Agreed, I have enjoyed Teyla moments especially this year, but it's a shame we haven't seen her since Quarantine. Luckily The Kindred is supposed to have alot of her:)

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 07:44 AM
I'll respectfully disagree about that bit saving the ep, but it really was a great Zelenka moment. :)

I saw that on JM's blog, but thought he was joking. Hmm. Well, if he wasn't, that sounds cool.

The Zelenka scene and Sheppard outside the city were the most interesting parts of that episode, and it saved it from being the worst SGA ep for me. Yeah see, people think I am all happy happy joy joy with every single thing about SGA, not true. Season 4 is my 2nd favorite season, but it could change with the last 4 eps or not. Season 3 was my favorite and it had some great last minute eps, like Sunday and First Strike. So with that said, the end of this season could really spark a lot of excitment for Season 5. Right now we are between story arcs. I like to call it the calm before the storm, and this storm will likely ride well into Season 5.

Anyway, glad you are posting here. I think if someone has a compliment or complaints it doesn't matter if they love the show or don't like the show, they should be able to post. I hope we can avoid the mess with the S4 threads. :)

Sorry for my rant. :p

SGFerrit
February 15th, 2008, 07:45 AM

Really? I enjoyed the ep quite alot:S

I thought it had some great character moments, and I laughed quite alot. I was suprised that my favourite pairing ended up being Sam/Zelenka:)

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Agreed, I have enjoyed Teyla moments especially this year, but it's a shame we haven't seen her since Quarantine. Luckily The Kindred is supposed to have alot of her:)

There is going to be Carson, Michael and a lot of Teyla. It should be a very exciting finish. I think Michael starting next week will be in the next 4 or 5 eps! How cool is that. Teyla and Michael do have that bond sort of, I think she feels compassion for him still or whatnot. Wow it's going to be really exciting how this unfolds. Let's hope this lives up to all the hype. :cool:

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 07:47 AM

I thought it had some great character moments, and I laughed quite alot. I was suprised that my favourite pairing ended up being Sam/Zelenka:)

It's cool dude, by the time this season finishes. I think I will have enjoyed like 18 out of 20 eps that I can watch over and over again. I think I'm the only one here who enjoyed Harmony. :S

marielabbott
February 15th, 2008, 07:50 AM
The Zelenka scene and Sheppard outside the city were the most interesting parts of that episode, and it saved it from being the worst SGA ep for me. Yeah see, people think I am all happy happy joy joy with every single thing about SGA, not true. Season 4 is my 2nd favorite season, but it could change with the last 4 eps or not. Season 3 was my favorite and it had some great last minute eps, like Sunday and First Strike. So with that said, the end of this season could really spark a lot of excitment for Season 5. Right now we are between story arcs. I like to call it the calm before the storm, and this storm will likely ride well into Season 5.

Anyway, glad you are posting here. I think if someone has a compliment or complaints it doesn't matter if they love the show or don't like the show, they should be able to post. I hope we can avoid the mess with the S4 threads. :)

Sorry for my rant. :p

Ranting is what we do here at GW, right? ;):p

Like I've said other places, I have no ill will towards the show, I just have major problems with certain things. But I also have found a few bright spots and threads like this is where to post them. :)

TameFarrar
February 15th, 2008, 07:52 AM

LOL :D I don't know if I could ever go as far as to *ship* Zelenka and Sam hee hee ....*stops to laugh a bit louder and longer*....... ok ...ok

BUT I did love that scene in the elevator where Zelenka *had a moment* I just cracked up when he *looked at her* and Sam just gave him the eye and was all business ...I was rolling on the couch cracking up :D :D

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Ranting is what we do here at GW, right? ;):p

Like I've said other places, I have no ill will towards the show, I just have major problems with certain things. But I also have found a few bright spots and threads like this is where to post them. :)

Yup, I know. :)

LOL :D I don't know if I could ever go as far as to *ship* Zelenka and Sam hee hee ....*stops to laugh a bit louder and longer*....... ok ...ok

BUT I did love that scene in the elevator where Zelenka *had a moment* I just cracked up when he *looked at her* and Sam just gave him the eye and was all business ...I was rolling on the couch cracking up :D :D

I enjoy the humor of Stargate. It is still there, imo. I hope they don't lose that. When I watch a show like BSG which I also enjoy, it is way too dark and serious at times. It's like you have to crack your own jokes. lol.

TameFarrar
February 15th, 2008, 08:00 AM
I do like the humor in small doses and random :)

I hope S5 offers more of that type of humor :)

where things are sort of going down the tubes...things are dire and *whoop theres a moment to break the tension* and then back to business :)

its when its forced that I get to sighing in front of my TV LOLOL

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 08:04 AM

where things are sort of going down the tubes...things are dire and *whoop theres a moment to break the tension* and then back to business :)

Yeah I agree. It is a lot better natural and not forced. A good example, do you remember the scene in Season 3's "The Return" when Woolsey puts his hand on O'neill's to interrupt? The look on O'neills face was just so natural and it was hilarious. I think it's little scenes like that are making me excited about Woolsey coming aboard.

See, Tame, I made that statement into a Season 5 topic! ;) :p

TameFarrar
February 15th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Yeah I agree. It is a lot better natural and not forced. A good example, do you remember the scene in Season 3's "The Return" when Woolsey puts his hand on O'neill's to interrupt? The look on O'neills face was just so natural and it was hilarious. I think it's little scenes like that are making me excited about Woolsey coming aboard.

See, Tame, I made that statement into a Season 5 topic! ;) :p

LOLOL .. you segue way so naturally and seamlessly :P

I do remember that scene

I think Woolsey will be a great Straight man for the more intelligent humor.

I would love to see him in situations where he is being strong and secure in his leadership role with other races and a bit witty but in a way that the audience gets it but the bad guys see it as nefarious and tremble. I don't want him to be just fodder used for the butt of jokes. RP is such a great subtle actor that I would be impressed so much by that type of usage :D

Linzi
February 15th, 2008, 09:09 AM

I agree. I think the best comedy generally comes in between very dramatic bits. As humans we're quite strange sometimes. Some of the saddest moments of my life have been interspersed with extreme moments of humour; it's how we cope, I think.

I'm not someone who's keen on the 'lighter' episodes really. I like drama WITH humorous moments in them. I suppose it breaks up the tension and really is just funny.

The Zelenka moment when he looked at Carter's bust in Quarantine really made me laugh. I wasn't offended by it at all. I chuckled because Zelenka looks uncomfortable. I also adored the pigeon bit! That's humour to me. Other bits haven't worked for me, such as the Zelenka and the hair stuff. I hated that. It wasn't funny and totally missed the mark for me. There's a fine line between gentle ribbing of characters and insulting them. Maybe that's just me? But one thing I've always liked about Stargate is it's self-depricating sense of humour and I hope that continues. :)

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 09:09 AM
LOLOL .. you segue way so naturally and seamlessly :P

I do remember that scene

I think Woolsey will be a great Straight man for the more intelligent humor.

I would love to see him in situations where he is being strong and secure in his leadership role with other races and a bit witty but in a way that the audience gets it but the bad guys see it as nefarious and tremble. I don't want him to be just fodder used for the butt of jokes. RP is such a great subtle actor that I would be impressed so much by that type of usage :D

We had a poll on the SCI FI forum, one of the choices was Woolsey is a bad choice because when the Wraith attack he will be cowering under his desk. lol. I think people are going to be surprised to how he handles a situation where Atlantis is being threatened. I think he will come out on top.

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Man forgot to ask you folks. What do you think about the idea of the new enemy? I think it is perfect timing for a new enemy, and it will really make things interesting next season. :)

The_Carpenter
February 15th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Man forgot to ask you folks. What do you think about the idea of the new enemy? I think it is perfect timing for a new enemy, and it will really make things interesting next season. :)

I agree its the perfect time now the Replicators are pretty much all gone. I just hope they don't go for the safe bet and have a group of advanced Humans again.

But then we have the travellers so TPTB will have to make them different to them :). Personally I'm hoping for a utterly alien race like the Gadmeer in Scorched Earth, of course they would be so expensive they couldn't appear that often but they don't really have to one or two big eps a season should do the trick.

Linzi
February 15th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Who do you think the new enemy is Brian? Do you think it's not replicator related?

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I agree its the perfect time now the Replicators are pretty much all gone. I just hope they don't go for the safe bet and have a group of advanced Humans again.

But then we have the travellers so TPTB will have to make them different to them :). Personally I'm hoping for a utterly alien race like the Gadmeer in Scorched Earth, of course they would be so expensive they couldn't appear that often but they don't really have to one or two big eps a season should do the trick.

Someone suggested it should be like Alien-like. Kinda like the enemies of Farscape. We need something different and an enemy that will be undefeatable at first. :cool:

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Who do you think the new enemy is Brian? Do you think it's not replicator related?

Actually I hope it is nothing to do with the replicators. I was happy about the whole Weir story arc and them revisiting this arc, and could lead to ascension was interesting. Now with no Weir, I'd rather they just concentrate on something else, like this new enemy.

jelgate
February 15th, 2008, 09:47 AM
We had a poll on the SCI FI forum, one of the choices was Woolsey is a bad choice because when the Wraith attack he will be cowering under his desk. lol. I think people are going to be surprised to how he handles a situation where Atlantis is being threatened. I think he will come out on top.

Leaders are made. They form by doing what is right no matter the consquences. On the surface, Woosley is a bureacrat, but deep down, he is man who is trying do what he believe is right. When push comes to shove, I believe Woosley will learn sometimes you have to break the rules.

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Leaders are made. They form by doing what is right no matter the consquences. On the surface, Woosley is a bureacrat, but deep down, he is man who is trying do what he believe is right. When push comes to shove, I believe Woosley will learn sometimes you have to break the rules.

I agree. We've even seen Woolsey bend the rules just a little bit. I think it will be interesting to see how there will be conflict in the beginning but as the season goes by he realizes some of the decisions he makes will not always be following the rules.

The_Carpenter
February 15th, 2008, 09:55 AM
When push comes to shove, I believe Woosley will learn sometimes you have to break the rules.

He will have to, if he wants the respect of those under his command. Although it would be fun to have a Shep. starts a mutiny episode :sheppard:

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 09:58 AM
He will have to, if he wants the respect of those under his command. Although it would be fun to have a Shep. starts a mutiny episode :sheppard:

See I don't understand why more people are happy with this. The show is becoming more on it's own since Woolsey was only a guest star on SG-1 and not a regular and there is a chance for some nice interesting developments with Woolsey as commander. Carter, as much as I loved her was never that exciting leader like Weir or even a Hammond of Texas. It is why I am so Pro Season 5 with Woolsey. I still want to see Carter, but would rather her go on missions and be her old Carter self, the one I fell in love with on 10 years of SG-1! :)

jelgate
February 15th, 2008, 09:59 AM
. It is why I am so Pro praising Season 5 with Woolsey. I still want to see Carter, but would rather her go on missions and be her old Carter self, the one I fell in love with on 10 years of SG-1! :)

:D

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 10:01 AM

The_Carpenter
February 15th, 2008, 10:05 AM

I'm never going to get used to that.

Its like when shops change their names I always call them by the old name and end up confusing everyone :jack:

Linzi
February 15th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Actually I hope it is nothing to do with the replicators. I was happy about the whole Weir story arc and them revisiting this arc, and could lead to ascension was interesting. Now with no Weir, I'd rather they just concentrate on something else, like this new enemy.
I asked only because I wondered if the 'new' enemy were Weir's replicators and not an original enemy per se, but an off shoot of the replicators?

The_Carpenter
February 15th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I asked only because I wondered if the 'new' enemy were Weir's replicators and not an original enemy per se, but an off shoot of the replicators?

Ahhh but they were introduced at the end of BAMSR so excludes them as new.

Unless JMs being a bit sneaky, which I doubt in this case

Linzi
February 15th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Ahhh but they were introduced at the end of BAMSR so excludes them as new.

Unless JMs being a bit sneaky, which I doubt in this case
Well yes, that's true, but we didn't know if they were an enemy or a friend. ;)

I hope it is a totally new enemy :)

SGFerrit
February 15th, 2008, 10:37 AM

Well, I'm pretty sure the new enemy will actually be new. Or atleast I'm hopeful, anyway:o

Jumper_One
February 15th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Well, I'm pretty sure the new enemy will actually be new. Or atleast I'm hopeful, anyway:o

yeah I think it's gonna be a NEW enemy. the replicators are gone (mostly), we're friends with the Genii, the Wraith are still out there and the Travelers...well that's a different story ;)

SGFerrit
February 15th, 2008, 10:42 AM
yeah I think it's gonna be a NEW enemy. the replicators are gone (mostly), we're friends with the Genii, the Wraith are still out there and the Travelers...well that's a different story ;)

I wonder how it will be possible to introduce a powerful new enemy? With the way the Wraith have spread through the galaxy, it is hard to come up with new advanced races.

But, It seems season 5 will be very different to previous seasons, I'm sure they will think of something:)

Jumper_One
February 15th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I wonder how it will be possible to introduce a powerful new enemy? With the way the Wraith have spread through the galaxy, it is hard to come up with new advanced races.

I'm sure Daniel will come up with something :P

But, It seems season 5 will be very different to previous seasons, I'm sure they will think of something:)

jelgate
February 15th, 2008, 10:45 AM

Different for the better or for the worse? Heres hoping for the better, not that S4 has been bad because its been good.

The_Carpenter
February 15th, 2008, 10:47 AM

Easiest way without repeating the whole threat from another galaxy idea is to have them invading from another dimension or possibly even alternate reality, as far as I know has never been done on Stargate, closest was Sight Unseen and that wasn't really an invasion.

Jumper_One
February 15th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Easiest way without repeating the whole threat from another galaxy idea is to have them invading from another dimension or possibly even alternate reality, as far as I know has never been done on Stargate, closest was Sight Unseen and that wasn't really an invasion.

that reminds me of species 8472 :S

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 11:06 AM

It will not be Weir rebel replicator group. Joe M had one episode with the potential of more. So the "New" enemy likely has nothing to do with that arc.

Yup, I believe so.

We need a new enemy. SG-1 had the goa'uld, then the replicators. But then Anubis came who was half goa'uld and half ascended. If you think about SG-1 had two enemies that both evolved into a bigger threat.

I've always loved how SG-1 topped their enemies. That is one similar thing I don't mind SGA following. :)

Jumper_One
February 15th, 2008, 11:10 AM
We need a new enemy. SG-1 had the goa'uld, then the replicators. But then Anubis came who was half goa'uld and half ascended. If you think about SG-1 had two enemies that both evolved into a bigger threat.

I've always loved how SG-1 topped their enemies. That is one similar thing I don't mind SGA following. :)

agreed. however I gotta tell you I found the Goa'uld a lot more interesting than the Ori

jelgate
February 15th, 2008, 11:11 AM

agreed. however I gotta tell you I found the Goa'uld a lot more interesting than the Ori

Blasphemy:prioranime01:

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 11:11 AM

How about reptile looking enemies, that have skin as strong as armor, and can interrorgate you by using heat. ;)

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 11:13 AM

Yeah, I love how SG-1 had the indivdual enemies, like Apophis, Hathor, Kronus, Ba'al(As in Bocce Ball), and Anubis. We are getting that with the Wraith and I am loving it. We got Michael and Todd so far. :cool: So a new enemy race would be cool, with the addition of a new indivdual enemy.

Hallowed are the Goa'uld! :lol:

Jumper_One
February 15th, 2008, 11:13 AM

I was talking about the Ori, not the almighty jelgate ;)

How about reptile looking enemies, that have skin as strong as armor, and can interrorgate you by using heat. ;)

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Star%20Trek/Transwarp_humans.jpg
recognize them?

jelgate
February 15th, 2008, 11:14 AM

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Transwarp_humans.jpg

I never want to see that episode again. The Jelgate is displeased

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 11:16 AM

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Transwarp_humans.jpg
recognize them?

Actually no, what is that from?

Jumper_One
February 15th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I love how SG-1 had the indivdual enemies, like Apophis, Hathor, Kronus, Ba'al(As in Bocce Ball), and Anubis. We are getting that with the Wraith and I am loving it. We got Michael and Todd so far. :cool: So a new enemy race would be cool, with the addition of a new indivdual enemy.

yeah I think it's great to see Michael again. and with the different hives fighting eachother we could see even more Wraiths like him or Todd :) although s5 will probably focus in the existing characters

Hallowed are the Goa'uld! :lol:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SG-1/PDVD_543.jpg

Jumper_One
February 15th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Actually no, what is that from?

LOL it's from ST:VOY 215 'Threshold' - two people cross the warp 10 barrier and de-evolve. this is the result ;)

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 11:30 AM
LOL it's from ST:VOY 215 'Threshold' - two people cross the warp 10 barrier and de-evolve. this is the result ;)

I am not a Star Trek fan, sorry. :(

Jumper_One
February 15th, 2008, 11:34 AM
I am not a Star Trek fan, sorry. :(

ah but you have seen DS9 right? anyway you mentioned reptile looking enemies and I immediately remembered this ep :rolleyes: :P

marielabbott
February 15th, 2008, 11:36 AM

Oh, man, that may have been the worst episode of ANYTHING that I have ever watched. I almost gave up on ST:V after seeing it. :S Robert Picardo carried that show for me. :)

jelgate
February 15th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Oh, man, that may have been the worst episode of ANYTHING that I have ever watched. I almost gave up on ST:V after seeing it. :S Robert Picardo carried that show for me. :)

I think thats something we can agree on. It is so bad it not even considered canon by TPTB. Maybe, Picardo can do the same thing for you in S5 of Atlantis

Briangate78
February 15th, 2008, 11:39 AM
ah but you have seen DS9 right? anyway you mentioned reptile looking enemies and I immediately remembered this ep :rolleyes: :P

I was thinking more like this...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/marcm1978/capfspkwars63.jpg

:p

The_Carpenter
February 15th, 2008, 11:40 AM
that reminds me of species 8472 :S

Now you mention it it does lol, hadn't thought of that.

Oh, man, that may have been the worst episode of ANYTHING that I have ever watched. I almost gave up on ST:V after seeing it.

lol as I remember it wasn't that bad... as long as you forget about the lizards :S

marielabbott
February 15th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Maybe, Picardo can do the same thing for you in S5 of Atlantis

He is an excellent actor. We shall see. :)

lol as I remember it wasn't that bad... as long as you forget about the lizards :S

Oh, and the lizard babies! Ick! :S:S