This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post

good points and I'm also hoping for a press release. quick questions though. I find it interesting that you assume that Atlantis has more HH viewers than other shows ie GHI. why do you believe this is? also we know that only people that don't FF will appear in the live +7 ratings because of C3 right? do you think a lot of viewers are lost because of this? obviously more at the beginning of s4 than when TLM aired. I'm just curious...
    Well I am looking at Destination truth which is sorta in the same boat as GH. They pulled a 1.4 HH with 1.7 million viewers. Atlantis, pulled a 1.4 with "BAMSR" and had 2.0 million viewers. See the difference? I just think that the entire family might be tuning into Atlantis. It is more of a fandom type show for Atlantis. Maybe people have viewing parties who are a nielsen family.

With GHI, SCI FI has been raving about the success. Well our precious Atlantis finale just tied their finale in ratings, and had been on their heels all season. Except for the series premiere which got a 2.0, it was a new show and totally makes sense. This is before Live +7! Now....

GHI and GH are on the 9pm slot. It is earlier and people could wait till 10pm or 11pm to watch it. Which means would go into the Live+SD ratings. As per SGA, It is on @ 10pm on a FRIDAY, one of the most DVR'd timeslots and days according to media sources. See where I am getting at?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I was talking about SG-1
      Oh in that case I still agree. I loved the early seasons of SG-1 but the last two defiantly were miles better. The Ori deserved far more development.*waits impatiently for UPS driver with AoT*
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        Oh in that case I still agree. I loved the early seasons of SG-1 but the last two defiantly were miles better. The Ori deserved far more development.*waits impatiently for UPS driver with AoT*
        Actually I think Seasons 3,4, 5 and 7 were the best for SG-1! Season one and two were good but the other ones were far better, imo.

Oh and don't get me started about Season 9.
        sigpic

Comment

*points and laughs because I have already seen it and in the process of writing my long long review*
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

*points and laughs because I have already seen it and in the process of writing my long long review*
            My plan tonight. I am rewatching "The Last Man" and then will be watching "Ark of Truth"
            sigpic

Comment

I've already seen it too just not the full complete version which just arrived. Be back in about 2 hours.

Comment

^Some of us have morals. Right Briangate
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Look here comes Jelgate on his high horse
                  A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Sorry someone spoiled me the ending the other day without usimg spoiler tags.
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

That must of been so annoying, part of the reason I watched it when it leaked because I knew that would happen eventually
                      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

It was still a joy to watch. I'm hoping that the same thing doesn't happen to Continuum. My review just reached two page. I might just have to double post.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                          False gods tend to be holier than thou

Yeah I think I came acoss that post and your reply to the lack of spoiler tags... that has happened to me a few times but I'm pretty much used to it now

It was still a joy to watch. I'm hoping that the same thing doesn't happen to Continuum. My review just reached two page. I might just have to double post.
                          LoL, could this be the most epic post the Jelgate has ever done?

The only thing I will say bad about AoT is it should have been longer, maybe a mini-series like Farscape's Peacekeeper Wars... That would have given the writers more time to work with and better concluded the Ori story arc

Other than that I think AoT was awsome

Comment

Morals smoiles. I like living on the edge.
                            Last edited by Mitchell82; 11 March 2008, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Morals smoiles. I like living on the ege.
                              well said

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                                Yeah I see what you mean but at the same time it is the summer that could influence whether people decide to watch live or DVR and go out *whatever*... I know I prefer to go out to bars in the summer more...
                                LOL yes that's true and it affect the live +sd numbers however there's I don't see a big problem if these people use DVR

I was talking about SG-1
                                oh ok. um I guess I'll have to disagree with you

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                Well I am looking at Destination truth which is sorta in the same boat as GH. They pulled a 1.4 HH with 1.7 million viewers. Atlantis, pulled a 1.4 with "BAMSR" and had 2.0 million viewers. See the difference?
                                wow yes I see it. both pulled a 1.4 HH but there's a 300,000 difference in viewers!

I just think that the entire family might be tuning into Atlantis. It is more of a fandom type show for Atlantis. Maybe people have viewing parties who are a nielsen family.
                                I think that might be it. SG has always been able to attract different age groups

With GHI, SCI FI has been raving about the success. Well our precious Atlantis finale just tied their finale in ratings, and had been on their heels all season. Except for the series premiere which got a 2.0, it was a new show and totally makes sense. This is before Live +7! Now....
                                ok but like you said GHI was a new show, people tend to be more interested in those. also GHI isn't as highly DVR'd as Atlantis. it'd be interesting to compare the live +7 numbers of both shows

GHI and GH are on the 9pm slot. It is earlier and people could wait till 10pm or 11pm to watch it. Which means would go into the Live+SD ratings. As per SGA, It is on @ 10pm on a FRIDAY, one of the most DVR'd timeslots and days according to media sources. See where I am getting at?
                                you're right I hadn't thought of that. this would explain the high live +7 numbers for Atlantis and the low numbers for GHI - to some extent so what about the people that FF? do you think they could make a significant difference?

so? I've seen it too

My plan tonight. I am rewatching "The Last Man" and then will be watching "Ark of Truth"
                                sounds like a good plan

and some of us don't

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                                LoL, could this be the most epic post the Jelgate has ever done?
                                possibly

Morals smoiles. I like living on the edge.
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X