This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    As much as I want a Fall release, a summer release seem more likely. I think we got a fall release because SciFi knew ahead of time, the possibility of a WGA strike.
    And thats why it will haver a summer release. I believe SGA gets the higest ratings on SciFi. My reasons are purely selfish.
    A determination of a Season 6 will mostly be influenced by Season 4.5's ratings! Right now the show is pulling in more viewers "Live", so wait till all the DVR is added, it will be even more of a difference from last season.

Also, nothing wrong with you wishing when the show will air.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GATEGOD View Post
      I actually love that Woolsey is going to be in season 5. Plus Daniel making an appearance!
      As much as I love Carter, she did not do the leader thing that great. But that is what her character is supposed to be like. She had doubts back in Season 8 even leading SG-1!
      sigpic

Comment

They never really showed her leading SG-1 that well.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

the only time we really saw her off world after her promotion was in Good to be King, and Jack showed up to take command.
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Carter is not a leader imo. She has the experience and knowledge, but she is better with the going on off-world missions.

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
            the only time we really saw her off world after her promotion was in Good to be King, and Jack showed up to take command.
            I loved that episode. Probably the only one who did.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post

I loved that episode. Probably the only one who did.
              I loved it as well, just a shame they didn't do another off-world episode to give Sam a chance to actually lead the team
              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I loved it as well, just a shame they didn't do another off-world episode to give Sam a chance to actually lead the team
                I also remember one episode where she was questioning her own leadership. I remember the scene where she is walking in the hallway with O'neill and they are talking about mission reports and evaluations and whatnot.
                sigpic

Comment

I also remember one episode where she was questioning her own leadership. I remember the scene where she is walking in the hallway with O'neill and they are talking about mission reports and evaluations and whatnot.
                  That was Zero Hour, the one where SG-1 gets trapped in a underground lab and Ba'al fools Jack into thinking he captured them.

Just rewatched season 8

Comment

That was Zero Hour, the one where SG-1 gets trapped in a underground lab and Ba'al fools Jack into thinking he captured them.

Just rewatched season 8
                    Cool, thanks! I knew it was in the first half of the season.

Spoiler:
                    Speaking of S8, allow me to try and hide some re-invented ideas from people to bash. I think "The Kindred" part 1 is similar to "New Order Part 1" only that it marks a return of an enemy who now has the upperhand and a whole new story arc being introduced, and a kidnapping of one of the main characters, but both are completley different in the actual plot. So I gotta say, if Kindred lives up to an episode like "New Order" I will be very happy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Speaking of S8, allow me to try and hide some re-invented ideas from people to bash. I think "The Kindred" part 1 is similar to "New Order Part 1" only that it marks a return of an enemy who now has the upperhand and a whole new story arc being introduced, and a kidnapping of one of the main characters, but both are completley different in the actual plot. So I gotta say, if Kindred lives up to an episode like "New Order" I will be very happy.
                      Spoiler:
                      Interesting comparison, but I hope part two isn't like New Order. Personally I don't get the fuss about that episode, in fact I think it may be the second weakest SG-1 season premiere after Avalon

Comment

As much as I love Carter, she did not do the leader thing that great. But that is what her character is supposed to be like. She had doubts back in Season 8 even leading SG-1!
                        I disagree (well what did you expect, you know much I love Sam ), I think she was a good leader. the problem was that we didn't see her in charge a lot. same for SG-1 since a lot of the stories focused on Earth and the SGC in order to show Jack I really enjoyed her in The Kindred though

I corrected your sentence

yup that was Zero Hour

Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        hm I never thought of comparing The Kindred with New Order. sure there's the kidnapping and the return of an enemy but both eps are completely different imo

Spoiler:
                        Interesting comparison, but I hope part two isn't like New Order. Personally I don't get the fuss about that episode, in fact I think it may be the second weakest SG-1 season premiere after Avalon
                        Spoiler:
                        seriously? I thought New Order was a really cool season premiere and there have been weaker premieres imo
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          seriously? I thought New Order was a really cool season premiere and there have been weaker premieres imo
                          Yep lol, but thinking about it I wasn't that fussed with small victory's either so that pushes new order up to 3rd worse season premere

Comment

Yep lol, but thinking about it I wasn't that fussed with small victory's either so that pushes new order up to 3rd worse season premere
                            don't forget that most season finale's were a cliffhanger and LC was somewhat different. same for Redemption and Avalon
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

New Order is one of my favorite SG-1 episdoes and really made the Weir character shine.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

New Order is one of my favorite SG-1 episdoes and really made the Weir character shine.
                                Yup, totally agree.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X