This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    It is really deep if you think about it. Carson is the one responsible for Michael being an outcast. The Wraith don't want him and neither does Atlantis of course. There is so much moral to this story that it makes the show truly dark and dynamic. Human vs Wraith, how different are we? I hope we see this story continue for S5!
    The Wraith aren't evil, they are just hungry. Thats what make them so interesting. If they weren't eating sentinent beings there would be no problem.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

It is really deep if you think about it. Carson is the one responsible for Michael being an outcast. The Wraith don't want him and neither does Atlantis of course. There is so much moral to this story that it makes the show truly dark and dynamic. Human vs Wraith, how different are we?

Well we do usually kill our food without consideration just to feed

Yup, I would think there could be some serious issues between Michael and Carson, glad you see where I'm coming from on this

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      The Wraith aren't evil, they are just hungry. Thats what make them so interesting. If they weren't eating sentinent beings there would be no problem.
      True, but I do think there is an evilness about them... but that is just a human perception talking

Comment

Exactly. Humans are arguably more evil for what we eat, we kill animals on an industrial scale, and we don't even have to.

Comment

Yup exactly and Season 4 we saw how much more human the Wraith are. They are feeding off humans to survive. Michael is an interesting mix, since he is even more human due to the retro-virus. This arc for this season and next season I think is going to be done very well or at least hope it is done well. It will keep people very interested in the series.

This is why SGA needs a new enemy that is totally evil.
          sigpic

Comment

Yup exactly and Season 4 we saw how much more human the Wraith are. They are feeding off humans to survive. Michael is an interesting mix, since he is even more human due to the retro-virus. This arc for this season and next season I think is going to be done very well or at least hope it is done well. It will keep people very interested in the series.

I like enemies that aren't fully evil. It brings to ask a lot of questions. Its easier to kill someone who is evil vs someone who is just trying to surrive.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              Exactly. Humans are arguably more evil for what we eat, we kill animals on an industrial scale, and we don't even have to.
              I think what happened with Michael truly made the Wraith more dynamic and interesting along with the entire show. I think when we enter Season 5, the Wraith will still be a threat but they be put on the back burner for a bit. Which is fine with me, just don't eliminate them, and perhaps make something happen to where they are even more powerful.
              sigpic

Comment

I like enemies that aren't fully evil. It brings to ask a lot of questions. Its easier to kill someone who is evil vs someone who is just trying to surrive.
                Or who is alive or a machine or is self aware!
                sigpic

Comment

I hope we get something utterly alien, perhaps an Insectoid race or something, we've had enough human adversary's over the years would be nice to have a change
                  A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I agree, their is quite alot of similarities between us and the Wraith... but it would be great to have a purly evil race for S5

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                      I hope we get something utterly alien, perhaps an Insectoid race or something, we've had enough human adversary's over the years would be nice to have a change
                      Scarrens?
                      sigpic

Comment

Scarrens?
                        Wouldn't that be a cliche of Farscape?

Comment

Scarrens?
                          Weren't they reptilian? haven't watched Farscape in a while
                          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Yeah they did have a reptillian look to them...

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                              Wouldn't that be a cliche of Farscape?
                              Scarrens were cool, I loved that enemy on Farscape. But I agree, lets get some more alien looking type enemies. Maybe the Furlings go bad!
                              sigpic

Comment

Scarrens were cool, I loved that enemy on Farscape. But I agree, lets get some more alien looking type enemies. Maybe the Furlings go bad!
                                You said the F word
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X