Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure tptb did say there would be conflict between Carter and Sheppard (I think they went out of their way to say the opposite) If they did it was probably the time that Sheppard wanted to find Weir and Carter didn't agree that there was enough info to go on to mount a search.

I guess that could be seen as conflict.

Originally posted by Emme
    What else??? Vega Can' really comment yet as that whole thing confuses me. So from what I gather she played a scientist in s3 ToR and they are bringing the actress back to play a captain (Vega) But they are bringing in another actress to resume the role of the DR (Esposito?) she played in s3?????? Or is this a different actress playing a new Dr???
    Vega will be played by the actress who played a minor character in ToR, I don't think she had more then one line in ToR, did she even have a name?

Comment

Originally posted by Emme View Post
      Hey all,
      hi

When I heard Woolsey was coming over I thought Urggghhh. for about a second. Now I am very excited.
      I think a lot of fans felt the same way when they first heard the news

I read an interview on gateworld by JF about how his character was going to have conflict with Carter and I thought great! I imagined them shouting at each other (Out of character poss I know)

I don't know what this conflict was between Carter and Shep but I must have blinked and missed it.
      no you haven't missed it, there wasn't much conflict. I think we would've seen some in s5 if AT had made a different choice about her involvement in Atlantis

I'm not anti either of them I think they are both
      me too

great but I think conflict is a great part of sci fi.
      true

When Teyla was screaming at Bates (S1) It was great. Sometimes the show can be a bit lovey dovey for my tastes!

But Woolsey will hopefully bring some terrific moments to the series. Robert Picardo is really good at what he does.
      yeah he's a really good actor and it's gonna be interesting how he and TBTB will develop Woolsey in s5

Also we get Carson back!
      woohoo

I like Keller she's bubbley which imho is a new avenue for the franchise I can't remember another bubbley character before (If there was I'm sure you will do you civic duty and remind me )

The only thing is the regular status, I hope tptb don't struggle to put her in an ep and then come up with more and more bizzar reasons to have her in a scene.
      remember just because Keller's a regular in s5 doesn't mean she'll be in every ep she's in 10 eps in s4 (11 if you count TMC), I guess we'll see Keller in 14-16 eps

But with Carter in s4 her absence seemed acceptable and she wasn't just flung in to a situation just because her name is on the credits.
      agreed

But Carson was fantastic. IS, I mean IS fantastic. YAY! Can't wait to see him in the upcoming eps too.
      same here, I'm really looking forward to The Kindred!

Oh and Michael! Do we get Michael?
      yes we will

Well yay to that too. Love that creepy guy. In Misbegotten?? When he leaned over Carson and said

Best delivery of a line EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER. Well accept from a few others which were pretty good too.
      that was a very cool scene

(If I carry on like this I'll need a valium the size of a cheese burger)
      LOL

What else??? Vega Can' really comment yet as that whole thing confuses me. (not difficult I know, I know.) So from what I gather she played a scientist in s3 ToR and they are bringing the actress back to play a captain (Vega) But they are bringing in another actress to resume the role of the DR (Esposito?) she played in s3?????? Or is this a different actress playing a new Dr???
      um let me see if I get this right. the actress that played the scientist in ToR (Leela Savasta) will return in s5 as Captain Alicia Vega. there will also be another new recurring character, Dr. Alison Porter

Anyway A new female scientist is a great addition as the sciencey stuff usually falls to the guys. So a female scientist will be cool. (I know we have had female scientists before but they are usually providing support and I'm not counting Carter in this because, Well I'm....Just....not So there.)
      the new team will definitely be interesting

Who else do we get......... I know I'm forgetting someone OMG Lorne! Zelenka! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY!
      yup they're still there. btw Zelenka will appear in two of the first four eps

I just wish we were getting Weir in a replicator role (not fan of weir, but I Loved repli Weir) (Runs from incoming P-90 fire)
      yeah RepliWeir would've been cool

So too summarise I think S5 will be Meh ok I guess

Can't wait. Wish I knew where I left that time travelling puddle jumper?? I knew I shouldn't of cloaked it. DOH!

Wow my longest post ever and yet I'm still typing. What have I forgot?
      IDK not much really

Daniel Jackson! Oh My. That is gonna be one heck of a thunkable episode. Bubble warp carpet will be laid in time.
      oh yeah Daniel will appear in a big two-parter! that's gonna be fun. ok who am I kidding, it's gonna be awesome

Sorry I'll stop now
      no need to apologize or stop, that was a great post
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
        Vega will be played by the actress who played a minor character in ToR, I don't think she had more then one line in ToR, did she even have a name?
        Dr. Esposito
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
          I am not sure tptb did say there would be conflict between Carter and Sheppard (I think they went out of their way to say the opposite) If they did it was probably the time that Sheppard wanted to find Weir and Carter didn't agree that there was enough info to go on to mount a search.

I guess that could be seen as conflict.

I thought she was Dr Esposito as mentioned very briefly by Radek. ( the Dr Rodney was showing off for earlier in the ep on the way to the lab?) The only woman who was there was the Dr that thought Ronan was hot. See why I'm so confuzzzzed! Unless they look similar perhaps?
          I will investigate and take it over to the Vega thread. Or the Esposito thread. Or the Dr ???? thread. I could stitch something nice with all these threads.

The conflict was said by Joe Flanigan in an interview here
          Last edited by Emme; 15 February 2008, 07:12 PM. Reason: for clarity amongst other things!

Comment

I thought she was Dr Esposito as mentioned very briefly by Radek. ( the Dr Rodney was showing off for earlier in the ep on the way to the lab?) The only woman who was there was the Dr that thought Ronan was hot. See why I'm so confuzzzzed! Unless they look similar perhaps?
            Dr Esposito was played by Leela Savasta, the same actress will play Captain Alicia Vega
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
              Dr Esposito was played by Leela Savasta, the same actress will play Captain Alicia Vega
              Yup. I just don't know why they didn't just bring her back.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                Yup

And season 5 looks to be even more awsome because of her

Comment

Thanks you guys I get it now. I thought she was reprising her role as Esposito but they were changing her name to Alison Porter? But Alison is the new gate tech I think and Vega is the actress who played Esposito in a new role. Man alive I can understand the in technical and complex stuff (To some degree) I have no idea why this was so hard to grasp!!!!

Feel quite free to laugh at my expense I definatley deserve it watch I'll go first...
                  Last edited by Emme; 15 February 2008, 07:51 PM. Reason: my own stupidty striking again

Comment

Thanks you guys I get it now. I thought she was reprising her role as Esposito but they were changing her name to Alison Porter? But Alison is the new gate tech I think and Vega is the actress who played Esposito in a new role. Man alive I can understand the in technical and complex stuff (To some degree) I have no idea why this was so hard to grasp!!!!

Feel quite free to laugh at my expense I definatley deserve it watch I'll go first...

I'm glad you understand it now

I'm looking forward to seeing both new characters... but definately Alicia Vega, I was hoping to see more of Dr Esposito after ToR but I suppose the Actress returning to play a Captain instead of a Scientist is probably better because she'll be in more eps

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post

I'm looking forward to seeing both new characters... but definately Alicia Vega, I was hoping to see more of Dr Esposito after ToR but I suppose the Actress returning to play a Captain instead of a Scientist is probably better because she'll be in more eps
                      Maybe the team can go fox hunting
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Maybe the team can go fox hunting
                        Maybe that is why Captain Alicia Vega has been transfered to Atlantis

Comment

Me too I was beginning to get a head ache!

I'm looking forward to them now too (now I know who there are) Alicia because It's been a while since we've had a girl leading a team off world (Sam doesn't count because she's the boss.) Alison should be interesting as

Spoiler'd because I never know what to put where......
                          Spoiler:
                          I read somewhere that she was seen as a replicator I think in TMC . I don't wanna confuse myself again but it's possible that they reused the actress or maybe she's a spy! Dun dun durrrrrrrr.

Comment

Me too I was beginning to get a head ache!

I'm looking forward to them now too (now I know who there are) Alicia because It's been a while since we've had a girl leading a team off world (Sam doesn't count because she's the boss.) Alison should be interesting as

Spoiler'd because I never know what to put where......
                            Spoiler:
                            I read somewhere that she was seen as a replicator I think in TMC . I don't wanna confuse myself again but it's possible that they reused the actress or maybe she's a spy! Dun dun durrrrrrrr.
                            Well I didn't know that... I'll have to rewatch the ep and see, thanks for the info

I think it will be good to have another team on Atlantis and being lead by a woman would be good, I can't remember there ever being a team on SG1 being lead by a woman...
                            *Carter taking charge not withstanding*

Comment

Well I didn't know that... I'll have to rewatch the ep and see, thanks for the info

I think it will be good to have another team on Atlantis and being lead by a woman would be good, I can't remember there ever being a team on SG1 being lead by a woman...
                              *Carter taking charge not withstanding*
                              Think they may have said life line actually. It was something I read somewhere on here ages ago. Watching Life line now to see

Comment

Looks like her? At about 26 mins in. Does anyone have the actresses name for Alison Porter?

Comment

Working...
                                X