X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
    LOLOL .. you segue way so naturally and seamlessly

I do remember that scene

I think Woolsey will be a great Straight man for the more intelligent humor.

I would love to see him in situations where he is being strong and secure in his leadership role with other races and a bit witty but in a way that the audience gets it but the bad guys see it as nefarious and tremble. I don't want him to be just fodder used for the butt of jokes. RP is such a great subtle actor that I would be impressed so much by that type of usage
    We had a poll on the SCI FI forum, one of the choices was Woolsey is a bad choice because when the Wraith attack he will be cowering under his desk. lol. I think people are going to be surprised to how he handles a situation where Atlantis is being threatened. I think he will come out on top.
    sigpic

Comment

Man forgot to ask you folks. What do you think about the idea of the new enemy? I think it is perfect timing for a new enemy, and it will really make things interesting next season.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        Man forgot to ask you folks. What do you think about the idea of the new enemy? I think it is perfect timing for a new enemy, and it will really make things interesting next season.
        I agree its the perfect time now the Replicators are pretty much all gone. I just hope they don't go for the safe bet and have a group of advanced Humans again.

But then we have the travellers so TPTB will have to make them different to them . Personally I'm hoping for a utterly alien race like the Gadmeer in Scorched Earth, of course they would be so expensive they couldn't appear that often but they don't really have to one or two big eps a season should do the trick.
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Who do you think the new enemy is Brian? Do you think it's not replicator related?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
            I agree its the perfect time now the Replicators are pretty much all gone. I just hope they don't go for the safe bet and have a group of advanced Humans again.

But then we have the travellers so TPTB will have to make them different to them . Personally I'm hoping for a utterly alien race like the Gadmeer in Scorched Earth, of course they would be so expensive they couldn't appear that often but they don't really have to one or two big eps a season should do the trick.
            Someone suggested it should be like Alien-like. Kinda like the enemies of Farscape. We need something different and an enemy that will be undefeatable at first.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
              Who do you think the new enemy is Brian? Do you think it's not replicator related?
              Actually I hope it is nothing to do with the replicators. I was happy about the whole Weir story arc and them revisiting this arc, and could lead to ascension was interesting. Now with no Weir, I'd rather they just concentrate on something else, like this new enemy.
              sigpic

Comment

We had a poll on the SCI FI forum, one of the choices was Woolsey is a bad choice because when the Wraith attack he will be cowering under his desk. lol. I think people are going to be surprised to how he handles a situation where Atlantis is being threatened. I think he will come out on top.
                Leaders are made. They form by doing what is right no matter the consquences. On the surface, Woosley is a bureacrat, but deep down, he is man who is trying do what he believe is right. When push comes to shove, I believe Woosley will learn sometimes you have to break the rules.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Leaders are made. They form by doing what is right no matter the consquences. On the surface, Woosley is a bureacrat, but deep down, he is man who is trying do what he believe is right. When push comes to shove, I believe Woosley will learn sometimes you have to break the rules.
                  I agree. We've even seen Woolsey bend the rules just a little bit. I think it will be interesting to see how there will be conflict in the beginning but as the season goes by he realizes some of the decisions he makes will not always be following the rules.
                  sigpic

Comment

When push comes to shove, I believe Woosley will learn sometimes you have to break the rules.
                    He will have to, if he wants the respect of those under his command. Although it would be fun to have a Shep. starts a mutiny episode
                    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                      He will have to, if he wants the respect of those under his command. Although it would be fun to have a Shep. starts a mutiny episode
                      See I don't understand why more people are happy with this. The show is becoming more on it's own since Woolsey was only a guest star on SG-1 and not a regular and there is a chance for some nice interesting developments with Woolsey as commander. Carter, as much as I loved her was never that exciting leader like Weir or even a Hammond of Texas. It is why I am so Pro Season 5 with Woolsey. I still want to see Carter, but would rather her go on missions and be her old Carter self, the one I fell in love with on 10 years of SG-1!
                      sigpic

Comment

. It is why I am so Pro praising Season 5 with Woolsey. I still want to see Carter, but would rather her go on missions and be her old Carter self, the one I fell in love with on 10 years of SG-1!
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

LOL! Good one!
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm never going to get used to that.

Its like when shops change their names I always call them by the old name and end up confusing everyone

Comment

Actually I hope it is nothing to do with the replicators. I was happy about the whole Weir story arc and them revisiting this arc, and could lead to ascension was interesting. Now with no Weir, I'd rather they just concentrate on something else, like this new enemy.
                              I asked only because I wondered if the 'new' enemy were Weir's replicators and not an original enemy per se, but an off shoot of the replicators?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                                I asked only because I wondered if the 'new' enemy were Weir's replicators and not an original enemy per se, but an off shoot of the replicators?
                                Ahhh but they were introduced at the end of BAMSR so excludes them as new.

Unless JMs being a bit sneaky, which I doubt in this case

Comment

Working...
                                X