This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    See the last scene in "This Mortal Coil" that is a good Zelenka.
    Yes, very good. My favorite Zelenka moment ever might be in Quarentine where he's muttering to himself in Czech as he climbs through the vents...and then falls!

You know what I would like to see in season 5? An episode where Zelenka plus Lorne's team save the day. CSI did an epiosde where the lab techs made a major breakthrough and it was the best episode of that season, imo. If it was well done, having the "back-up team" save the day would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
      Yes, very good. My favorite Zelenka moment ever might be in Quarentine where he's muttering to himself in Czech as he climbs through the vents...and then falls!

You know what I would like to see in season 5? An episode where Zelenka plus Lorne's team save the day. CSI did an epiosde where the lab techs made a major breakthrough and it was the best episode of that season, imo. If it was well done, having the "back-up team" save the day would be great.
      Do you know there is going to be a Zelenka Birthday episode next season? Oh and yes that was likely the best part of Quarantine. As FH would put it most of Quarantine was a YAWN fest. But the Zelenka scene in the ducts truly saved that episode.
      sigpic

Comment

Do you know there is going to be a Zelenka Birthday episode next season? Oh and yes that was likely the best part of Quarantine. As FH would put it most of Quarantine was a YAWN fest. But the Zelenka scene in the ducts truly saved that episode.
        I'll respectfully disagree about that bit saving the ep, but it really was a great Zelenka moment.

I saw that on JM's blog, but thought he was joking. Hmm. Well, if he wasn't, that sounds cool.

Comment

I have been very happy with Ronon's direction. I do hope Teyla gets some nice focus in the rest of this season and next season.
          Agreed, I have enjoyed Teyla moments especially this year, but it's a shame we haven't seen her since Quarantine. Luckily The Kindred is supposed to have alot of her

Comment

I'll respectfully disagree about that bit saving the ep, but it really was a great Zelenka moment.

I saw that on JM's blog, but thought he was joking. Hmm. Well, if he wasn't, that sounds cool.
            The Zelenka scene and Sheppard outside the city were the most interesting parts of that episode, and it saved it from being the worst SGA ep for me. Yeah see, people think I am all happy happy joy joy with every single thing about SGA, not true. Season 4 is my 2nd favorite season, but it could change with the last 4 eps or not. Season 3 was my favorite and it had some great last minute eps, like Sunday and First Strike. So with that said, the end of this season could really spark a lot of excitment for Season 5. Right now we are between story arcs. I like to call it the calm before the storm, and this storm will likely ride well into Season 5.

Anyway, glad you are posting here. I think if someone has a compliment or complaints it doesn't matter if they love the show or don't like the show, they should be able to post. I hope we can avoid the mess with the S4 threads.

Sorry for my rant.
            sigpic

Comment

Really? I enjoyed the ep quite alot

I thought it had some great character moments, and I laughed quite alot. I was suprised that my favourite pairing ended up being Sam/Zelenka

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                Agreed, I have enjoyed Teyla moments especially this year, but it's a shame we haven't seen her since Quarantine. Luckily The Kindred is supposed to have alot of her
                There is going to be Carson, Michael and a lot of Teyla. It should be a very exciting finish. I think Michael starting next week will be in the next 4 or 5 eps! How cool is that. Teyla and Michael do have that bond sort of, I think she feels compassion for him still or whatnot. Wow it's going to be really exciting how this unfolds. Let's hope this lives up to all the hype.
                sigpic

Comment

I thought it had some great character moments, and I laughed quite alot. I was suprised that my favourite pairing ended up being Sam/Zelenka
                  It's cool dude, by the time this season finishes. I think I will have enjoyed like 18 out of 20 eps that I can watch over and over again. I think I'm the only one here who enjoyed Harmony.
                  sigpic

Comment

The Zelenka scene and Sheppard outside the city were the most interesting parts of that episode, and it saved it from being the worst SGA ep for me. Yeah see, people think I am all happy happy joy joy with every single thing about SGA, not true. Season 4 is my 2nd favorite season, but it could change with the last 4 eps or not. Season 3 was my favorite and it had some great last minute eps, like Sunday and First Strike. So with that said, the end of this season could really spark a lot of excitment for Season 5. Right now we are between story arcs. I like to call it the calm before the storm, and this storm will likely ride well into Season 5.

Anyway, glad you are posting here. I think if someone has a compliment or complaints it doesn't matter if they love the show or don't like the show, they should be able to post. I hope we can avoid the mess with the S4 threads.

Sorry for my rant.
                    Ranting is what we do here at GW, right?

Like I've said other places, I have no ill will towards the show, I just have major problems with certain things. But I also have found a few bright spots and threads like this is where to post them.

Comment

LOL I don't know if I could ever go as far as to *ship* Zelenka and Sam hee hee ....*stops to laugh a bit louder and longer*....... ok ...ok

BUT I did love that scene in the elevator where Zelenka *had a moment* I just cracked up when he *looked at her* and Sam just gave him the eye and was all business ...I was rolling on the couch cracking up
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Ranting is what we do here at GW, right?

Like I've said other places, I have no ill will towards the show, I just have major problems with certain things. But I also have found a few bright spots and threads like this is where to post them.
                        Yup, I know.

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                        LOL I don't know if I could ever go as far as to *ship* Zelenka and Sam hee hee ....*stops to laugh a bit louder and longer*....... ok ...ok

BUT I did love that scene in the elevator where Zelenka *had a moment* I just cracked up when he *looked at her* and Sam just gave him the eye and was all business ...I was rolling on the couch cracking up
                        I enjoy the humor of Stargate. It is still there, imo. I hope they don't lose that. When I watch a show like BSG which I also enjoy, it is way too dark and serious at times. It's like you have to crack your own jokes. lol.
                        sigpic

Comment

I do like the humor in small doses and random

I hope S5 offers more of that type of humor

where things are sort of going down the tubes...things are dire and *whoop theres a moment to break the tension* and then back to business

its when its forced that I get to sighing in front of my TV LOLOL
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

where things are sort of going down the tubes...things are dire and *whoop theres a moment to break the tension* and then back to business

Yeah I agree. It is a lot better natural and not forced. A good example, do you remember the scene in Season 3's "The Return" when Woolsey puts his hand on O'neill's to interrupt? The look on O'neills face was just so natural and it was hilarious. I think it's little scenes like that are making me excited about Woolsey coming aboard.

See, Tame, I made that statement into a Season 5 topic!
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah I agree. It is a lot better natural and not forced. A good example, do you remember the scene in Season 3's "The Return" when Woolsey puts his hand on O'neill's to interrupt? The look on O'neills face was just so natural and it was hilarious. I think it's little scenes like that are making me excited about Woolsey coming aboard.

See, Tame, I made that statement into a Season 5 topic!
                              LOLOL .. you segue way so naturally and seamlessly

I do remember that scene

I think Woolsey will be a great Straight man for the more intelligent humor.

I would love to see him in situations where he is being strong and secure in his leadership role with other races and a bit witty but in a way that the audience gets it but the bad guys see it as nefarious and tremble. I don't want him to be just fodder used for the butt of jokes. RP is such a great subtle actor that I would be impressed so much by that type of usage

Comment

I agree. I think the best comedy generally comes in between very dramatic bits. As humans we're quite strange sometimes. Some of the saddest moments of my life have been interspersed with extreme moments of humour; it's how we cope, I think.

I'm not someone who's keen on the 'lighter' episodes really. I like drama WITH humorous moments in them. I suppose it breaks up the tension and really is just funny.

The Zelenka moment when he looked at Carter's bust in Quarantine really made me laugh. I wasn't offended by it at all. I chuckled because Zelenka looks uncomfortable. I also adored the pigeon bit! That's humour to me. Other bits haven't worked for me, such as the Zelenka and the hair stuff. I hated that. It wasn't funny and totally missed the mark for me. There's a fine line between gentle ribbing of characters and insulting them. Maybe that's just me? But one thing I've always liked about Stargate is it's self-depricating sense of humour and I hope that continues.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X