This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith shields?

So seen as the apollo and daedalus have amazing shields and weapons and could waste wraith around 10-1 will they get sheilds this season? or when the wraith are up to something are the writers going to write the apollo and deady out of the episode?

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Originally posted by True!Ancient View Post
    So seen as the apollo and daedalus have amazing shields and weapons and could waste wraith around 10-1 will they get sheilds this season? or when the wraith are up to something are the writers going to write the apollo and deady out of the episode?
    well i would if the wraith did have shields it will be no way as good as the shields earth currently have

imagine they would be blue or green when fired upon.

maybe once they sort there food they would go on technology and develop that sort of tech but it seems unlikely, they would be far too primitive compared to the ships that have been shown..since they have a certain thousaunds of years improving their tech like the asgard
    sigpic

Comment

If the Wraith are given some decent shields then they can return to being a somewhat dangerous menace who use pure brute force to smash into enemy lines. Essentially, the Earth ships will be like how they originally fought the Wraith with their railguns doing almost no visible effect on the massive ships.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

They may just come up with better hull plating. We already know that their hulls regenerate so if a Wraith ship isn't destroyed right away then they can go into hyperspace and heal.

Even if they don't do any of the above they still have the threat of numbers and resilience.

Comment

the wraith have proven good with jamming tech
          I would expect they do something more like develop a way to jam the targeting systems so they can't be locked

Comment

Originally posted by artbrann View Post
            the wraith have proven good with jamming tech
            I would expect they do something more like develop a way to jam the targeting systems so they can't be locked
            I didn't even think of that, that's a good idea. The Wraith have proved themselves to be good hackers and can overcome our fancy tech with good old static.

Comment

or the wraith could upgrade their weapons
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Gaeth View Post
                I didn't even think of that, that's a good idea. The Wraith have proved themselves to be good hackers and can overcome our fancy tech with good old static.
                I like both of those ideas, more than them getting shields... Especially since we seem to rely more on targeting sensors than we do the mark 1 eyeball.

Comment

Way dos a hive ship of 11km need any kind of shields, the shire size of the superstructure can with ease absorb a copal of hits from the beam weapons.

In a 1 on 1 battle I think its gone be a draw in favor of the hive
                  sorry cant spell

Comment

Originally posted by kefke20 View Post
                    Way dos a hive ship of 11km need any kind of shields, the shire size of the superstructure can with ease absorb a copal of hits from the beam weapons.

1 or 2 hits would destroy a hive ship easily it doesnt matter how it regenirates if you keep hitting it definaly go boom

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by True!Ancient View Post
                      1 or 2 hits would destroy a hive ship easily it doesnt matter how it regenirates if you keep hitting it definaly go boom
                      it won’t, it’s to big to massive to be taken out in 1 ore 2 hits.

it’s the same size off a super star destroyer.
                      And at blank point range a hive can also take down tau`ri shields in a dozen shots (see no mans land)
                      Last edited by kefke20; 14 February 2008, 01:38 PM. Reason: wrong word
                      sorry cant spell

Comment

the ancient sat weapon took out a hive in 1 shot
                        we don't know how strong the Asgard plasm beams are compared to the ancient sat

size is impressive, but if you can blow holes the size of semi trucks in it from one side to the other does it mater if it's 10 miles or 1000 miles long?

Comment

Originally posted by artbrann View Post
                          the ancient sat weapon took out a hive in 1 shot
                          we don't know how strong the Asgard plasm beams are compared to the ancient sat

size is impressive, but if you can blow holes the size of semi trucks in it from one side to the other does it mater if it's 10 miles or 1000 miles long?
                          Yes, it matter tremedously. For one, it means there structure around it to hold it together despite the hole. A smaller ship might simply crack in half. It also means it has tons of space for system redundancy so that if you do take severe damage you can still operate. Now of course, the writers will probably make it so the beam causes a chain of explosions, which is so unrealistic but so commonly used.

Comment

Wraith have never had shields. The Aurora class warship had both shields and drones.

The Wraith still "won".

Only way to beat their sheer numbers is for Earth to start spitting out 304's like candy.
                            : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                            : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Originally posted by kefke20 View Post

With the beam weapons, the Hives would go BOOM quickly.

Comment

Working...
                              X