Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if someone goes through the other side of the stargate???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens if someone goes through the other side of the stargate???

We always see people going through the gate's 'front' - the side that makes the energy blast when its activated, and facing the DHD. People always come and go through that side.
    But what happens if someone tries to sneak through the back (the other side) of the stargate?

in the SGC all the soldiers are always pointing weapons at the front side of the stargate when there's an unexpected incoming traveller, yet if one comes out the back he could sneak right pass them, cause no one seems to expect it.
    Same with the Jaffa always guarding the gate from the side of the DHD, obviously expecting people to come out of that side only.

So apparently its impossible to enter the stargate from its other side and emerge from the other side of the recieving stargate.
    Meaning - the stargate works from just one direction - the one where the blast comes from.

But what would happen if someone tried to enter it from its other side? we never saw someone try it or someone saying what would happen.
    We know that if someone tries to enter a stargate while its recieving an incoming wormhole he would get destroyed. But is the same correct about trying to enter it from the wrong side?

In the original movie the other side of the stargate had some sort of swirling vortex, so it was obviously not the way to go.
    My guess is that since the Earth stargate was malfunctioning when they first activated is what caused this phenomenon (this always caused the rough ride and getting thrown out the other side, probably because they were accelerated too much by this vortex). later when it was repaired that vortex no longer exists. but still the stargate remained one directional.

so maybe if someone tried to enter the gate from the wrong side he would simply be stopped by a forcefield. Or maybe he would get destroyed.
    Since the gates are always placed in the correct direction on all planets (facing the DHD) this isn't much of a problem in the Milky Way, but in the Pegasus Galaxy this would be a huge problem for the people trying to fly through a stargate in a planet's orbit (why did they put them in orbit anyway, wouldn't unknowing explorers accidently die as a result?).

Say Shepperd is escaping from the middle of a battle on a Jumper, and tries to reach the open gate.. what if he accidently enters the wrong side of the stargate?
    This might be a fatal pilot error.
    I just wish they would mention this issue at least once and settle it.

What do you guys think?

Already been done several times http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=50701
    Best quotes ever:
    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
    Thor:I like the yellow ones
    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Working...
    X