PDA

View Full Version : To 'er' is woman, apparently...

Jeff O'Connor
February 13th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Carter? Keller? Porter?

Sheesh, at least those not of the Milky Way Galaxy haven't fallen into this trap. Teyla has a unique name, but damn.

zoislk
February 13th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Vega, Weir, Brown, Sharon, Madison ... I think you might be on to something.

But you did forget Miller. (Jeannie Miller)

ShadowMaat
February 13th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Shepperd. Hmm... Maybe TPTB are trying to tell us something. :P

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
February 13th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Hasn't Alison Porter's name been changed to Alicia Vega now? Or is that a completely different character?

The_Carpenter
February 13th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Hasn't Alison Porter's name been changed to Alicia Vega now? Or is that a completely different character?

Yes and no

Yes Alicia Vega has replaced Alison Porter as the new Captain, but Alison Porter is still coming to Atlantis but this time as a scientist. Confused? I am :jack:

blue-skyz
February 13th, 2008, 07:08 AM
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."

In other word: who cares?

The only name that means anything (spelled wrong?) is Sheppard.

mmm And maybe McCoy uh... McKay. ;)

annnnnd Conan er... Ronon. :P:D

kymeric
February 13th, 2008, 07:10 AM
In on the first page of an epic thread

blue-skyz
February 13th, 2008, 07:11 AM
:lol:

silly sally
February 13th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Shepperd. Hmm... Maybe TPTB are trying to tell us something. :P

Maybe, Cameron Mitchell :P

Merat
February 13th, 2008, 07:18 AM
General Hammond? Nah.

ShadowMaat
February 13th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Bother. It's Sheppard, isn't it? Shouldn't post stuff like that when I'm on cold meds. ;) Hmmm... Don't suppose I can get away with Zerlenka or Kavernagh either, huh? :P

Vala_M
February 13th, 2008, 08:46 AM

And why did they change her name? I haven't been following her thread? I liked her original name better.

Vala,

Jeff O'Connor
February 13th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Vega, Weir, Brown, Sharon, Madison ... I think you might be on to something.

But you did forget Miller. (Jeannie Miller)

Oh, of course. Jeannie Miller!

Yes and no

Yes Alicia Vega has replaced Alison Porter as the new Captain, but Alison Porter is still coming to Atlantis but this time as a scientist. Confused? I am :jack:

Indeed. So you know what happened, right? The writers didn't want to let go of such an awesomely unique name, so they just had to bring Porter onboard regardless.

Of course it's all trivial. I contemplated not making this thread, because I know how trivial it is. But you know? They could call all the characters in the series by numbers, ordered by introduction, and I think it'd still be worth discussion! It's just a fun little jab at the less-than-stellar diversity we've seen in one particular avenue. And... more than anything? I was bored out of my frelling mind, so I made this thread. This epic thread. :cool:

Oh, and yes. Shepperd, McCoy, Conan... the whole gang.

This made me day. :D

Maybe, Cameron Mitchell :P

Straw-grasping at its... second finest!

General Hammond? Nah.

Straw-grasping at its absolute finest! I can only say I'm saddened that I didn't think of these. ;)

Bother. It's Sheppard, isn't it? Shouldn't post stuff like that when I'm on cold meds. ;) Hmmm... Don't suppose I can get away with Zerlenka or Kavernagh either, huh? :P

Hah! Oh let's see, then. Teral'c? Loerne? For the grand finale, I present to you... Jack O'Nerill! ...This is ridiculous. Easily the silliest topic I've ever posted in... hats off to myself -- I made it. :o :)

Ltcolshepjumper
February 13th, 2008, 02:18 PM

I knew I remembered that from somewhere. I don't think their names mean anything. Jsut that the writers have a knack for using names such as Miller, Carter, Keller, etc.

SG13-NightOps
February 13th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Carter? Keller? Porter?

Sheesh, at least those not of the Milky Way Galaxy haven't fallen into this trap. Teyla has a unique name, but damn.

You didnt hear? The Original spelling was Teyler. ;) LOL

Reiko
February 13th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Yes Alicia Vega has replaced Alison Porter as the new Captain, but Alison Porter is still coming to Atlantis but this time as a scientist. :

It's like if you called a pile of sh*t a rose would it smell like a rose because it is called a rose? No, it would still smeel like a pile of sh*t even if you called it a rose. Likewise if you called a rose sh*t ... well you get the point. :D

God, I love Shakespeare! (If you get past ye olde English it's pretty much death and sex buried underneath. yup...)

I knew I remembered that from somewhere. I don't think their names mean anything. Jsut that the writers have a knack for using names such as Miller, Carter, Keller, etc.

It shows the witers have a knack for a lack of originality ;)

kymeric
February 14th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Bruce Banner

Owait...

vaberella
February 14th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Yes and no

Oh so now we have two new characters? Are they sharing the Formerly Porter now Vega thread or are they going ot have their own individual threads?!

All in all, I'm totally baffled by all these guest stars and probably recurrings I'll be dealing with. I won't be able to remember the names, much like the soap characters I watch. I go by description alone these days. The feeling of a revolving door is coming back.

Hey, I think Woolsey is pretty unique. It reminds me of the days of Mulder, Scully, and Skinner (last names I had never heard of before until watching that show).

Jeff O'Connor
February 15th, 2008, 01:17 PM
You know, I was thinking that too. Woolsey is actually impressively unique.