Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we modify BC-304 to fire Ancient drones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we modify BC-304 to fire Ancient drones?

The Antractic ancient control chair can fire thousands of drone at once, but it require a ZPM or some powerful or a Mark II Naqahdah generator.

But we don't need to fire thousands of drone at once, may be a few dozen drones at once.Like Aurora-class Battlecruiser can fire enough drone to destory a Wraith hive ship.
    And Aurora ship has it's own ancient control chair, it doesn't require ZPM .

Remember When Sam went to the other alternate universe ,In that Earth the American government barely able to remove the Antractic control chair before the Russian get there.
    So it would be easier to remove the Aurora' ship's chair and drone weapon and install it onto the BC-304.
    We can use people with ATA gene to fire it or we can program it with some automated firing program like the mini drone.

The Asgard weapon is powerful, but soon or later some advance shield or new weapon ,making the Asgard beam ineffective.

We need to make plan for alternative weapon.we need other backup weapon other than Felger's ray gun.

if it doesnt have the neural interface its not as effective, its the controller that does the great usage, and unless you deliberately want to scrap an Aurora or a out post just for a chair then i guess its possible but making one is seemingly out of the question.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
      if it doesnt have the neural interface its not as effective, its the controller that does the great usage, and unless you deliberately want to scrap an Aurora or a out post just for a chair then i guess its possible but making one is seemingly out of the question.
      Installing a chair platform isn't necessary IMO. All they need to do is retrofit the 304s with the drone control interface from the jumpers and presto we got ourselves the most badass ships in two galaxies!
      "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

The problem is that unless we learn to build the neural interfaces we would have to scrap another invaluable ship, would it be worth it. Also there are a finite number of drones and they could be better used on atlantis.
        Best quotes ever:
        O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
        Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
        Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
        Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
        Thor:I like the yellow ones
        O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
          The problem is that unless we learn to build the neural interfaces we would have to scrap another invaluable ship, would it be worth it. Also there are a finite number of drones and they could be better used on atlantis.
          Personally I don't think that would be a problem since it's been demonstrated on numerous occasions that the Atlantis team were able to rig the Ancient chair to perform tasks not specifically designed to be operated by the chair like remote flying the jumpers for example.

Plus in "The Tower", McKay was able to reprogram the drone to fire through the roof. Granted it would be much more effective if the drones were controlled by neural links but it is not strictly necessary.

Even without a neural interface we could use the drones as straight-shooting projectile weapons instead, like the railguns, and that would still inflict as much damage on enemy targets.
          "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

its not about control. its about the use. first: drones are limited. as mentioned atlantis needs them more.
            second: the new weapons are capable enough to take out hives.

if we were to find a few million drones, then id say they would be usefull on a 304. millions, because after atlantis has sufficient, the arctic outpost needs to be replenished. after that, you need loads for backup of the weapon and alantis, and for possible auroras. but yea, if we could mass produce em....

Comment

what we need is to learn is how to manufacture drones like the ancients did during the war, they must of had a factory to biuld all those thousands of drones

those asgard weapons i think would vapourize drones if any were ever used against the earth ship
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                Plus do we even know where that interface is let alone how to make them work in another system/ship//

Comment

For the amount of work that would have to done it would'nt be worth it. The weapons we have now are effective enough.

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
                    Installing a chair platform isn't necessary IMO. All they need to do is retrofit the 304s with the drone control interface from the jumpers and presto we got ourselves the most badass ships in two galaxies!
                    we already have the most badass ships in 2 galaxys

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

I think the asgard slow beams are > drones. Its debatable which is more of a power hog, but atlantis and the outpost are designed for drone so it makes sense to use them there and use the ship tech on the ships.

Althought i have this kickass mental image of the next siege of atlantis with drones railguns and asgard slow beams O.O

Comment

The could rip the chair out of the Tria (if its still around) and install it on a 304, but there is still the problem of there being a finite number of drones, and the power requirements would probably go through the roof if you were trying to run a chair as well as shields and Asgard beams etc. In the end it would probably be a better idea to just fix the Tria.
                        sigpic

Comment

why rip the chair out of the tria why not rip the beam weapons and shields off the apollo and put them on the tria if the generators can handle that would be a truely powerful ship greater than that of the 304s by far.

Comment

Assuming the Tria even HAS a chair; not all Aurora class ships have control chairs.

Comment

well from what we seen from the traveler's one they have 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X