This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season Five. What we want to learn about the Ancients? (:

It been four seasons of Atlantis and still we do not know some simple facts about the GREAT Ancients that once lived in the beautiful city of Atlanits.
    For example.
    Did they eat?
    Did they poop?
    Could the wraith feed on them?
    ect..
    What do you want to know?

Alright, but dont be Jelous when i return with a record braking Space Trout .. Thankyou!
    OK, but don't be jelous when i return with a record breaking Space Trout ... THANKYOU!

SAVE ATLANTIS!
    Go Red, Go Mad!

I want to know more about them as a people, like what they did in atlantis every day, i mean in spare time, show us some of there ancient recreational things, they must have had games and stuff for the kids and sports?
    maybe not that detailed anyway!

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
    Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
    SG1 -

Comment

I honestly don't even care.. They're a pretty dull race IMO. I'd much rather they focus on something more interesting.
      Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

Do you think they are dull coz of the crap we have heard about them, or just coz you dont like them?

Atlantis -
        SG1 -

Comment

Originally posted by SpaceTrout View Post
          It been four seasons of Atlantis and still we do not know some simple facts about the GREAT Ancients that once lived in the beautiful city of Atlanits.
          For example.
          Did they eat?
          Did they poop?
          ect..

Alright, but dont be Jelous when i return with a record braking Space Trout .. Thankyou!
          I'd like to see some more back history, but not on the Atlantis ancients, but of where they ORIGINALLY came form. Maybe not quite show exactly where or when but give us some glimpses. And maybe discovering something MUCH bigger and grander than Atlantis itself. Because right now it feels like we're so in control of everything and we're getting as nearly high tech as they were. I just want to see something big that hasn't been seen before that would make everyone go WOW.
          Last edited by Ranga14; 12 February 2008, 06:18 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cree View Post
            Do you think they are dull coz of the crap we have heard about them, or just coz you dont like them?
            Yea, I suppose that's it. In SG1 they were so awe-inspiring and pretty much sounded like the gods of the universe, then Atlantis came along and turned them into ignorant, arrogant fools. They were defeated by a race of bugs who they had a hand in creating & then created a race of genocidal nanites. After this, they go on to Ascend only to do nothing about the multitude of problems they created. In fact, they make more in the form of the Ori. If you added it up, the Goa'uld's victim list would probably seem small in comparison.

It kinda takes away from the intrigue of it all when they're the biggest idiots in 2 galaxies.
            Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Chaos View Post
              Yea, I suppose that's it. In SG1 they were so awe-inspiring and pretty much sounded like the gods of the universe, then Atlantis came along and turned them into ignorant, arrogant fools. They were defeated by a race of bugs who they had a hand in creating & then created a race of genocidal nanites. After this, they go on to Ascend only to do nothing about the multitude of problems they created. In fact, they make more in the form of the Ori. If you added it up, the Goa'uld's victim list would probably seem small in comparison.

It kinda takes away from the intrigue of it all when they're the biggest idiots in 2 galaxies.
              I agree with this post 100%!

The writers really need to come up with something clever and say that these ancients, the ones of Atlantis are maybe descendents of the ones millions of years ago perhaps? Or maybe an offshoot of some kind? Maybe the REAL ancients are far more advanced and their home is much further away?

Who knows, just something to bring back that missing "awe-inspiring" element.
              sigpic

Comment

Janus was a decent character, maybe they could bring him back in his time-hopping jumper?

Comment

I liekd Janus too him coming back would be cool

Atlantis -
                  SG1 -

Comment

i do want to know more about the ancients, and i agree that the ones in atlantis do look kinda stupid as in they made too many mistakes!

i want an episode were the team can see how good they could be at times, maybe they accidentally get transported there like elizabeth in befor i sleep and they help them get bak! that way we see them and the atlantis crew at the time!! that would be good!

also wana see more of the actual city as well!!!
                    "I'm not crazy, I just have a nother consciousness inside my brain!"

"This is what I do when I have problems with my laptop, I turn it off and then I... turn it on again. "
                    " I think this is a little bit more complicated than that. "
                    "I'm just saying that if we're taking a page from the John Sheppard book of computer repair, we're really desperate. "

"Fine, but don't be jealous when I return with a record breaking space trout....thank you"

SGA such great lines!!!!!!

do we want more Shep wumpage? OH I THINK SO!!!

sigpic

Comment

For example.
                      Did they eat?
                      Did they poop?
                      you really wanna know?

that's an interesting question (even though I'd say yes they could)

ect..

sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I'd like to know if they were all just scientists. If they were working all day...
                        Originally posted by Wraith My Mind View Post
                        i do want to know more about the ancients, and i agree that the ones in atlantis do look kinda stupid as in they made too many mistakes!
                        Maybe we haven't yet encountered their most shining succeses. (we must hope)

Comment

For example.
                          Did they eat?
                          Did they poop?
                          I'm sure they did but I really don't want to know about their body waste.
                          ect..
                          I'm sure they could. I think the Ancients have been explored fairly well yet there is still much to learn. What I really want to know is how they built the gates of the Pegasus galaxy.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            I'm sure they could. I think the Ancients have been explored fairly well yet there is still much to learn. What I really want to know is how they built the gates of the Pegasus galaxy.
                            I would really like to see some explaination given to the pegasus gates... why the Ancients went for the new design etc... There is alot still to be explored about the Ancients and I hope TPTB do some more digging in S5

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                              I would really like to see some explaination given to the pegasus gates... why the Ancients went for the new design etc... There is alot still to be explored about the Ancients and I hope TPTB do some more digging in S5
                              Agreed. I've heard some say they are still made of naquadah but that doesnt make sense.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X