PDA

View Full Version : Season Five. What we want to learn about the Ancients? (:

SpaceTrout
February 12th, 2008, 06:38 AM
It been four seasons of Atlantis and still we do not know some simple facts about the GREAT Ancients that once lived in the beautiful city of Atlanits.
For example.
Did they eat?
Did they poop?
Could the wraith feed on them?
ect..
What do you want to know? ;)

:beckett: Alright, but dont be Jelous when i return with a record braking Space Trout .. Thankyou!

Cree
February 12th, 2008, 06:50 AM
I want to know more about them as a people, like what they did in atlantis every day, i mean in spare time, show us some of there ancient recreational things, they must have had games and stuff for the kids and sports?
maybe not that detailed anyway!

Professor Chaos
February 12th, 2008, 06:51 AM
I honestly don't even care.. They're a pretty dull race IMO. I'd much rather they focus on something more interesting.

Cree
February 12th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Do you think they are dull coz of the crap we have heard about them, or just coz you dont like them?

Ranga14
February 12th, 2008, 07:09 AM
It been four seasons of Atlantis and still we do not know some simple facts about the GREAT Ancients that once lived in the beautiful city of Atlanits.
For example.
Did they eat?
Did they poop?
ect..

:beckett: Alright, but dont be Jelous when i return with a record braking Space Trout .. Thankyou!

I'd like to see some more back history, but not on the Atlantis ancients, but of where they ORIGINALLY came form. Maybe not quite show exactly where or when but give us some glimpses. And maybe discovering something MUCH bigger and grander than Atlantis itself. Because right now it feels like we're so in control of everything and we're getting as nearly high tech as they were. I just want to see something big that hasn't been seen before that would make everyone go WOW. :)

Professor Chaos
February 12th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Do you think they are dull coz of the crap we have heard about them, or just coz you dont like them?Yea, I suppose that's it. In SG1 they were so awe-inspiring and pretty much sounded like the gods of the universe, then Atlantis came along and turned them into ignorant, arrogant fools. They were defeated by a race of bugs who they had a hand in creating & then created a race of genocidal nanites. After this, they go on to Ascend only to do nothing about the multitude of problems they created. In fact, they make more in the form of the Ori. If you added it up, the Goa'uld's victim list would probably seem small in comparison.

It kinda takes away from the intrigue of it all when they're the biggest idiots in 2 galaxies.:p

Ranga14
February 12th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Yea, I suppose that's it. In SG1 they were so awe-inspiring and pretty much sounded like the gods of the universe, then Atlantis came along and turned them into ignorant, arrogant fools. They were defeated by a race of bugs who they had a hand in creating & then created a race of genocidal nanites. After this, they go on to Ascend only to do nothing about the multitude of problems they created. In fact, they make more in the form of the Ori. If you added it up, the Goa'uld's victim list would probably seem small in comparison.

It kinda takes away from the intrigue of it all when they're the biggest idiots in 2 galaxies.:p

I agree with this post 100%!

The writers really need to come up with something clever and say that these ancients, the ones of Atlantis are maybe descendents of the ones millions of years ago perhaps? Or maybe an offshoot of some kind? Maybe the REAL ancients are far more advanced and their home is much further away?

Who knows, just something to bring back that missing "awe-inspiring" element.

jenks
February 12th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Janus was a decent character, maybe they could bring him back in his time-hopping jumper?

Cree
February 12th, 2008, 08:24 AM
I liekd Janus too him coming back would be cool :D

Wraith My Mind
February 12th, 2008, 11:22 AM
i do want to know more about the ancients, and i agree that the ones in atlantis do look kinda stupid as in they made too many mistakes!

i want an episode were the team can see how good they could be at times, maybe they accidentally get transported there like elizabeth in befor i sleep and they help them get bak! that way we see them and the atlantis crew at the time!! that would be good!

also wana see more of the actual city as well!!!

Jumper_One
February 12th, 2008, 11:58 AM
For example.
Did they eat?
Did they poop?

you really wanna know? :P

that's an interesting question (even though I'd say yes they could)

ect..

:P

TOIVA
February 12th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I'd like to know if they were all just scientists. If they were working all day...
i do want to know more about the ancients, and i agree that the ones in atlantis do look kinda stupid as in they made too many mistakes!
Maybe we haven't yet encountered their most shining succeses.;) (we must hope):cameron:

Mitchell82
February 12th, 2008, 12:57 PM
For example.
Did they eat?
Did they poop?
I'm sure they did but I really don't want to know about their body waste.

ect..
I'm sure they could. I think the Ancients have been explored fairly well yet there is still much to learn. What I really want to know is how they built the gates of the Pegasus galaxy.

Fenrir Foxz
February 12th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I'm sure they could. I think the Ancients have been explored fairly well yet there is still much to learn. What I really want to know is how they built the gates of the Pegasus galaxy.

I would really like to see some explaination given to the pegasus gates... why the Ancients went for the new design etc... There is alot still to be explored about the Ancients and I hope TPTB do some more digging in S5 :)

Mitchell82
February 12th, 2008, 01:14 PM
I would really like to see some explaination given to the pegasus gates... why the Ancients went for the new design etc... There is alot still to be explored about the Ancients and I hope TPTB do some more digging in S5 :)

Agreed. I've heard some say they are still made of naquadah but that doesnt make sense.

Platschu
February 12th, 2008, 01:16 PM
I would like to hear about other ascended groups. :) Fire was the Ori, Light was the "Alterans", black smoke was for ascended Goa'uld (Anubis), so maybe there is other unique form, which we haven't meet yet. ;)

Mitchell82
February 12th, 2008, 01:22 PM
I would like to hear about other ascended groups. :) Fire was the Ori, Light was the "Alterans", black smoke was for ascended Goa'uld (Anubis), so maybe there is other unique form, which we haven't meet yet. ;)

Jedi?

Platschu
February 12th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Jedi?
:sokaranime06: :)

I would like to see more details about how they arrived and how they left the Pegasus galaxy. :cool:

Buck32
February 12th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I agree with this post 100%!

The writers really need to come up with something clever and say that these ancients, the ones of Atlantis are maybe descendents of the ones millions of years ago perhaps? Or maybe an offshoot of some kind? Maybe the REAL ancients are far more advanced and their home is much further away?

Who knows, just something to bring back that missing "awe-inspiring" element.

I have to say i agree too, for a highly advanced race they really did make a lot of mistakes. I would like to see where else they've been, what else they've done etc, and more of their history in the Pegasus and milky way galaxies.

Ltcolshepjumper
February 12th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Well, the Ancients could be fed on- "Aurora"- First Officer was fed on by that Wraith, even though she was old. I do wish the Ancients were better portrayed as a race.

garhkal
February 13th, 2008, 03:49 PM

Agreed. Maybe they have some explanations for why they wre made with out a movable inner ring for manual dialing and we get taken back to when Janus and co decided to not put that in..

Ltcolshepjumper
February 13th, 2008, 06:06 PM

Uh, they look better, work better (dial faster), and don't have manual dialing. They come after the MW stargates. So they must have made improvements to it. The new design looks closer to the style of Atlantis, so maybe they just genrally changed the style of their technology.

Mitchell82
February 13th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Uh, they look better, work better (dial faster), and don't have manual dialing. They come after the MW stargates. So they must have made improvements to it. The new design looks closer to the style of Atlantis, so maybe they just genrally changed the style of their technology.

True however it also causes a problem. Without an inner ring manual dialing is impossible if say the dhd blows up. So a good question is why and what are they made of.

Ice Wolf
February 13th, 2008, 07:09 PM
The main thing I'd like to learn about the ancients is that they aren't as stupid as they have been portrayed on Atlantis. I think that the writers have really done a disservice to this great race that they built up on SG-1 but have turned out to be a dissapointment on Atlantis.

peragrin
February 14th, 2008, 08:01 AM
In the defiant one the wraith who was stuck on that moon for 10,000 years bragged he had fed on human, ancients, and even his own kind and would soon feed on sheppard.

what I would like to find is another surviving group of ancients from a ship who used a time dilation field and stasis pods to survive. it doesn't have o be many say a dozen or so, but instead of kicking us out of Atlantis they help us repair it, and possibly defend it.

Think Telya's replacement on A-team 1. while she is out with child.

g.o.d
February 14th, 2008, 08:04 AM

I think this is a question of another movie(hopefully). I doubt SGA will explore this.

TOIVA
February 14th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Sure, it would be interesting to explore the Pegasus gate problematics, even for only seeing it.:cameron:

Mitchell82
February 14th, 2008, 01:42 PM
The main thing I'd like to learn about the ancients is that they aren't as stupid as they have been portrayed on Atlantis. I think that the writers have really done a disservice to this great race that they built up on SG-1 but have turned out to be a dissapointment on Atlantis.

I disagree. They've just shown that they have flaws like everyone else. Perfect is so overrated.

TOIVA
February 14th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I disagree. They've just shown that they have flaws like everyone else. Perfect is so overrated.

When you ascend on your own, you have to be perfect.
Even if I agree, that all a race can't be perfect, it shouln't have only flaws.:cool:

jenks
February 14th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Even if I agree, that all a race can't be perfect, it shouln't have only flaws.:cool:

No you don't.

Mitchell82
February 14th, 2008, 06:21 PM

No you don't. You have to have noble spirit but that's it.

jelgate
February 14th, 2008, 07:25 PM
No you don't. You have to have noble spirit but that's it.

No you don't. You have to have noble spirits to ascend with help. Natural asscension only requires that you are evolved. Adria and the Ori are perfect examples of natural asscension.

KikeGate
February 14th, 2008, 08:05 PM
What I'd like to see ( if I don't get turned down by the new direction) is a new story arc in the ascended realm parallel to S5 main storyline showing us conflictive issues the ancients face due to their non-intererence law in lower planes and how that prevents them from reaching further enlightment.
We got some glimpses of that in SG1{ S8 Threads, S9 Pegasus Project, and possibly in the Ark of truth }.

Ice Wolf
February 15th, 2008, 04:42 AM

I didn't say I wanted them perfect, i have no problem with them having flaws like over-confidence etc. But we seem to be only shown their flaws now, it seems to me from the way they've been written lately, that they do nothing but screw up. I have no problem with the ancients failing at tasks, even some things have to have been beyond them. I just don't like how they have been handled and wish they would do better.

Capricorn_One
February 15th, 2008, 05:32 AM
its abit strange the Atlanteans/Lanteans are the latest version of the Anicents, they live in Atlantis the crown jewel of the Anicents and yet they have shown some of the Anicents to be stupid, well not stupid thts the only word i can come up for now, but ya its does get a bit old being perfect, the Ancients are just highly evoled humans, sure they can make some mistakes but there has been alot, i hope there is reason for this, its kind of backwards, the Alterans have been protrayed to be smater then the pegaues Anicents and yet the Altanteans are more advanced. Hope you guys and girls understand what i'm getting at here. :lol: :D

TOIVA
February 15th, 2008, 12:23 PM
No you don't. You have to have noble spirits to ascend with help. Natural asscension only requires that you are evolved. Adria and the Ori are perfect examples of natural asscension.
Well, when you are very evolved, you are near to perfection, and you're not making one mistake after another.;);)

I didn't say I wanted them perfect, i have no problem with them having flaws like over-confidence etc. But we seem to be only shown their flaws now, it seems to me from the way they've been written lately, that they do nothing but screw up. I have no problem with the ancients failing at tasks, even some things have to have been beyond them. I just don't like how they have been handled and wish they would do better.Exactly, exactly!!:)

Mitchell82
February 15th, 2008, 04:15 PM

That's right my bad.:o

Mitchell82
February 15th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I didn't say I wanted them perfect, i have no problem with them having flaws like over-confidence etc. But we seem to be only shown their flaws now, it seems to me from the way they've been written lately, that they do nothing but screw up. I have no problem with the ancients failing at tasks, even some things have to have been beyond them. I just don't like how they have been handled and wish they would do better.

Hmm I do see your point.

nx01a
February 15th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Only 2? I'm counting at least 7.:P

The 'poop' question was answered in 'Quarantine' when Zelenka mentioned that plumbing was offline, followed by a distasteful 'Ugh'. They had to go, just like we do.

I'm pissed off with the Ancients being the cause, whether indirectly or directly, of every problem on Stargate. They probably caused the Asgard disease and just won't fess up. :( I'd like to see a group of unascended Ancients who actually want to solve the problems they've caused. Of course, their means of doing so [think Asurans killing humans to starve the Wraith] could conflict with Earth's interests and fun ensues. Just like how we couldn't stand up to the Ancients in 'The Return', how would we fare against some that really didn't want us around? I just want to see Atlantis fight another city ship. Maybe Atlantis vs Lemuria. Or Thule. :P

g.o.d
February 16th, 2008, 08:19 AM

at least you should speak like a loaded hindu monk and you're ascended.

TOIVA
February 16th, 2008, 08:41 AM
I just want to see Atlantis fight another city ship. Maybe Atlantis vs Lemuria. Or Thule. :P
And how do you imagine that? The two cities floating few hundred metres one of the other and firing drones on each other?:):):):D

nx01a
February 16th, 2008, 04:56 PM
at least you should speak like a loaded hindu monk and you're ascended.
Hey, worked for Anubis.;)

nx01a
February 16th, 2008, 05:03 PM
And how do you imagine that? The two cities floating few hundred metres one of the other and firing drones on each other?:):):):D
Ah, the classic sci-fi perspective question. Of course not!!! They're not 12km across Wraith hiveships pulling alongside each other and firing away! A bit smaller, yes, but they're city ships!!! Give em room! :D
Firefight on the run, dodging asteroids and hiding behind planets, maybe throw in a nebula for the Wrath of Khan effect. :P They're city ships, it's gotta be big and grand and jus' plain ol' perdy.

Anyway... Unascended Ancients who're trying to correct the mistakes their race made. That would be a change of pace.
I'd also love to learn more about their personal lives. And NOT one of their women falling for Shep. Ugh. The look that passed between those two Ancients at the beginning of 'Rising' showed that, evolved or not, they had lots of drama going on. Considering he dumped Ayiana by taking her city, moving to another galaxy and leaving her behind, that was one hell of a break up. Perhaps she gave him a disease? :D

TOIVA
February 18th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Anyway... Unascended Ancients who're trying to correct the mistakes their race made. That would be a change of pace.
I'd also love to learn more about their personal lives. And NOT one of their women falling for Shep. Ugh. The look that passed between those two Ancients at the beginning of 'Rising' showed that, evolved or not, they had lots of drama going on. Considering he dumped Ayiana by taking her city, moving to another galaxy and leaving her behind, that was one hell of a break up. Perhaps she gave him a disease? :D
Then, "Before I Sleep" type episodes would be useful, wouldn't they?;)

g.o.d
February 19th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Then, "Before I Sleep" type episodes would be useful, wouldn't they?;)

it was great episode, as well as the rest of the season one