This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you going to tune in?

With all the turmoil involving cast changes and the general direction the show has been taking are you going to tune in to watch season 5?

I used to love Atlantis, I caught the episodes as soon as I could, however with all that's happened I've become apathetic towards the show. I don't really care if i miss episodes any more. A lot of this has to do with the cast changes. Weir was a major thing that kept me interested in the show. Through the last few seasons of SG-1 I had gotten a bit bored with it and watched more out of habit and cause Atlantis was coming up etc. Weir was what kept me watching the show cause she was a major part of what made the show fresh.

Another reason for my wane in interest has been because for some reason I had begun to expect more out of the show than I was getting. I wanted tighter more intelligent storytelling and it just didn't seem to be what we were getting. I guess i saw that Atlantis could be so much more and that for whatever reason it wasn't reaching its potential.

I might catch a few episodes of Season 5 but i don't seeing me being the regular viewer i was through seasons 1-3. Which is a shame as Atlantis was my favourite show.
    sigpic

I'm not tuning in.

With this craptacular crap that was Season 4 and those completely stupid cast changes and the lack of intelligent(writing), entertaining and thought provoking episodes I decided that I am done with this show.

However I might catch some scenes on YouTube to find out if this show rebounds to its former glory. But as for now I'm done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGolf-OneNiner View Post
      I'm not tuning in.

With this craptacular crap that was Season 4 and those completely stupid cast changes and the lack of intelligent(writing), entertaining and thought provoking episodes I decided that I am done with this show.

However I might catch some scenes on YouTube to find out if this show rebounds to its former glory. But as for now I'm done with it.
      Clearly you aren’t done with it because your on a stargate site and therefore your life in some way still involves stargate

Comment

Originally posted by redrama9 View Post
        Clearly you aren’t done with it because your on a stargate site and therefore your life in some way still involves stargate
        To be clear they said done with watching the show, they can still be interested enough in the Stargate universe to come to Stargate site.

But to get back to the question are you going to tune in ?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by redrama9 View Post
          That's not necessarily true. I am on this board to talk more about SG-1 than SGA.

Personally, I've been trying to keep with SGA...I've been giving it a chance every week to prove itself and so far it hasn't. I've seen brief glimmers of the show I used to love, but something about it just doesn't feel right anymore. The ideas are good, the writing isn't particularly bad (depending on the episode), but it lost something this season. Whether it's the new "look" or the cast changes, I'm not sure...but it doesn't feel like the same show. Everything feels forced...even between pairings that used to have easy report.

Unless it begins to show me something that I can invest in, I'm afraid I won't even make it until the end of the season, let alone into the next.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Well, I admit to have never been a big Atlantis fan, but I did enjoy the second half of season 1 and most of season 3. However, season 4 so far had only a few decent episodes, IMO, the rest were either really bad or really boring, and sometimes both. I suspect I'll keep on watching though, it's an 11 years' habit and it's hard to break. But that, of course, depends on season 5 - if season 5 will be worse than season 4 I s'pose I will break that habit.

I have become quite disenchanted with the Stargate franchise in general, I suspect. I can't say I'm waiting eagerly for Continuum or Stargate:Universe, either.
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
              That's not necessarily true. I am on this board to talk more about SG-1 than SGA.
              Very good point, except when you consider that this part of the forum is dedicated specifically to Atlantis Season 5. Trolling here means that deep, deep down in his black little heart, SierraGolf-OneNiner still cares about Stargate. Almost touching, in a way.

Even though I have to go to considerably more effort to "tune in" every week given my being on the other side of the damned world, i'll be sticking with Atlantis no matter what. The trick is to not get mired down in one particular configuration of the show, refusing to accept any change like a stubborn mule. You should change your perception of the show as as it grows and evolves, since it's the height of arrogance to think that a TV show is always going to remain the same.

Pitry might be right, though. Some of us have been watching Stargate for over a decade, it's not a habit that can be kicked too easily.
              Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
              Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
              Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
              - Serenity

Comment

Will I be tuning in? Hell yes!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGolf-OneNiner View Post
                  I'm not tuning in.

Speak of such blasphemy again and I will kill you where you stand. Sorry, couldn't resist using an old Teal'C quote.

Like the guy above me said, hell yes i'll be tuning in!
                  Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

Originally posted by Mefusta View Post
                    Very good point, except when you consider that this part of the forum is dedicated specifically to Atlantis Season 5. Trolling here means that deep, deep down in his black little heart, SierraGolf-OneNiner still cares about Stargate. Almost touching, in a way.

Even though I have to go to considerably more effort to "tune in" every week given my being on the other side of the damned world, i'll be sticking with Atlantis no matter what. The trick is to not get mired down in one particular configuration of the show, refusing to accept any change like a stubborn mule. You should change your perception of the show as as it grows and evolves, since it's the height of arrogance to think that a TV show is always going to remain the same.

Pitry might be right, though. Some of us have been watching Stargate for over a decade, it's not a habit that can be kicked too easily.
                    True, I will fully admit that there is part of me that wants SGA to make a turn around, to make me care again. As it stands, I have to force myself to watch new episodes and I'm of the opinion that a television show shouldn't be something you force yourself to endure...but rather something you enjoy watching. Right now, that doesn't happen to be SGA very often. But that's not to say I'll never watch again...if I hear good things I am fully willing to give the show a second or third or fourth chance to draw me back in.

But I wouldn't say people who tune out are simply doing it because of a cast changes, because they refuse to embrace change. Obviously that is true for some...but not for all. I was saddened about Carson and Weir but I went into S4 excited and hopeful that at the very least that the rest of the team would still click for me...but that wasn't the case. Like I said, I just feel like a lot of things are feeling more forced than they should...and I'm not entirely sure why. I may tune in from now on if I'm flipping the channels and it's on, or if someone recommends me an episode, but I won't be tuning in every Friday night like I normally would. I gave the show more than half a season to show me just one "good" episode...and the best I could come up with was "decent" with small hints of "great" every now and then...but that isn't enough for me.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hmmmm tuning in let me think about that for a second.....erm......yu-huh!
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I'll definitely be watching season 5 too! Not live too, since I'm also on another part of the world (where its not shown anymore on tv, boo!) So far, I've been absolutely loving season 4! I think they're of the best I've seen in all the seasons, so for me too: hell yeah I'm gonna watch.
                        Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                        Save Our Seeker!
                        LotS on LJ.

Comment

honestly, stargate for me is all about the story and the way the characters interact within the story.

character changes don't generally bother me all that much provided the storylines are strong and the plotting tight. while i have seen relatively little of season 4 so far, i have seen nothing thus far that has deterred me from following on to season 5. and this includes the recent casting news.

Comment

Am i going to tune in? *takes a few moments to think to himself* yes i am.

Comment

I will definitely be watching. This season has been fantastic, albeit different from previous years, but still I don't see why I wouldn't if I'm enjoying it.

Comment

Working...
                              X