So, what is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, what is it?

Assuming we've all seen Episode 4x10, This Mortal Coil, then you should have had the same question as I.

What the hell is that?

And by that I of course refer to.....
    \/

And

Originally posted by Killjoy_Zero View Post
    Assuming we've all seen Episode 4x10, Be all my sins, then you should have had the same question as I.

What the hell is that?

And by that I of course refer to.....
    \/

And

It's an asuran cruiser.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I know its an Asuran Cruiser but its an unidentified model. This is the only time it's ever shown up in the series also.

Comment

I know its an Asuran Cruiser but its an unidentified model. This is the only time it's ever shown up in the series also.
        not so. it also shows up in lifeline.

Comment

At the end, its just hovering there. I barely remember that. Still doesnt help with what it is at all though.

Comment

asuran cruiser, based on anchient cruiser.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
              Who are the anchients?

But pretty much what he said they haven't given us a designation so name it what you want
              Vote Anubis for President in 2012
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              So whats the worst that could happen?
              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                Who are the anchients?

But pretty much what he said they haven't given us a designation so name it what you want
                sorry, i tend to spell it with an h

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                  actually the ancient cruiser looks quite different. this asuran cruiser appears to be unique.

Comment

I thought it would of been a scout ship of sorts.

It has cloaking technology, it has a butt-load of antennae and seems to have weak offensive power.
                    Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                      I thought it would of been a scout ship of sorts.
                      My opinion, which in the grand scheme of things counts for nothing, is that it's not a cruiser. It's simply not large enough. It might be a frigate or a destroyer, but not a cruiser.

Based on the size relative to the stargate, it looks like it could hold a crew of seven or so. It may be larger than a jumper, but the usable space looks about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                        My opinion, which in the grand scheme of things counts for nothing, is that it's not a cruiser. It's simply not large enough. It might be a frigate or a destroyer, but not a cruiser.

Based on the size relative to the stargate, it looks like it could hold a crew of seven or so. It may be larger than a jumper, but the usable space looks about the same.
                        Actually, thats just the perspective. Bigger things look smaller the farther away they get and all. It seemed to me to be about the size of a 304, maybe slightly larger.

Comment

Actually, thats just the perspective. Bigger things look smaller the farther away they get and all. It seemed to me to be about the size of a 304, maybe slightly larger.
                          I wouldn't say it was quite that size. I'd say it would be closer to alkesh size.

Comment

Looked like a smaller model to me than the usual Aurora class. I like to think of it as a design the Asurans found during their 10,000 years by themselves, and due to their programming at the time, the didn't modify it much. It seemed to have quite enough firepower to deal with any small problems at hand. Such as, say, a rogue jumper. Also remember that unless these were completely destroyed by an extremely powerful energy weapon, not just blown up, the Asurans would have survived planetary surface operations.

It's not something we explicitely saw in cannon, but I acknowledge that it's possible.
                            It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                            --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              actually the ancient cruiser looks quite different. this asuran cruiser appears to be unique.
                              When have we ever seen an ancient cruiser, also why would it be different, the asurans use the aurora class, so why would they make a new class of ship, they don't appear to have moved on from the ancients in any of their tech.
                              Best quotes ever:
                              O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                              Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                              Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                              Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                              Thor:I like the yellow ones
                              O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X