PDA

View Full Version : Your deepest Darkest Season 5 Fears

Cree
February 11th, 2008, 01:03 AM
So we have had our desires thread, time for our fears, what are you most scared of tptb doing?
Personally i fear, that they will disgrace carter in order to remove her from atlantis and that Dr Jackson is the one who finds the bad guys!
Im sure i have others but alls i can think of at the mo!

jenks
February 11th, 2008, 01:18 AM
All I can think of is the new enemy, I'm worried it's either going to be someone/thing we've already seen like Michaels bugs or the rogue Asurans, or it's just going to be a group of humans, or (worst case scenario IMO) since Daniel seems to have something to do with them, they introduce the Furlings as a new enemy. Hopefully whoever they are they'll be entirely new and non-human, I'd like them to be non-humanoid too, but that's probably too much to ask.

Professor Chaos
February 11th, 2008, 01:56 AM
So we have had our desires thread, time for our fears, what are you most scared of tptb doing?
Personally i fear, that they will disgrace carter in order to remove her from atlantis and that Dr Jackson is the one who finds the bad guys!
Im sure i have others but alls i can think of at the mo!It's kind of the opposite for me. I don't care how they remove Carter but I would like it if Daniel was the one responsible for finding the new race.

On the other hand, I don't think either of these things will happen. They can't just disgrace the11 yr old character Carter or they will piss off too many fans, and they know this. They COULD however have Daniel play an important role in finding the new bad guys. I don't think he will be solely responsible for it due to the simple fact that he isn't a permanent character, but there's nothing wrong with him being a major contributor.

As for my season 5 fears, I'll have to think about it and post later.

colin15watt
February 11th, 2008, 02:20 AM
:weiranime22::beckettanime09:
my worst thought is that they'll kill off Beckett (again), as he is only in 5 episodes :( suppose it could be worse...but with Torri and Amanda gone too....well im not exactly thrilled about season 5 so far :(

CazzBlade
February 11th, 2008, 03:56 AM
My worst fear is that we've seen the end of the team (Shep, McKay, Teyla, Ronon) eps, where they get into trouble offworld. I like what they have done this year with the longer arcs but they seem to have forgotten the great team eps they did in S1 and S2.

Other than that my worst fear has already been confirmed (well other than loosing Shep, but thankfully that doesn't seem a posibility as the mo), that there will be no more Dr Weir in Atlantis. :(:weir::(

DigiFluid
February 11th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Having to endure more The McKay and Friends Show episodes.

KGX2001
February 11th, 2008, 05:07 AM
:weiranime22::beckettanime09:
my worst thought is that they'll kill off Beckett (again), as he is only in 5 episodes :( suppose it could be worse...but with Torri and Amanda gone too....well im not exactly thrilled about season 5 so far :(

Agreed.

prion
February 11th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Oh wow... worst fears.

Sheppard dies. Permanently. That would be it for me.
But, more realistically, the writers go 'gee, we need to 'shake things up', let's kill someone. Oh, Zelenka or Lorne. They're not regulars.
O'Neill shows up on Atlantis, but does nothing but crack bad jokes, thus wasting an episode.
That they bring yet another SG1 villiain to the SGA universe.
That TPTB think fans want another episode like "The Tower" and write it.

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 05:23 AM
Woolsey

Professor Chaos
February 11th, 2008, 05:27 AM
You know what I don't want for season 5? Those eps that you hear about and right off the bat you know that they're going to be boring and pointless. Ep's like "Childhood's End", "The Tower', "Missing", "Harmony", ect. They're the ones that are almost entirely off world with no technology in sight. You'd think they could be interesting, but they never are.:(

Cree
February 11th, 2008, 05:28 AM
Oh wow... worst fears.

Sheppard dies. Permanently. That would be it for me.
But, more realistically, the writers go 'gee, we need to 'shake things up', let's kill someone. Oh, Zelenka or Lorne. They're not regulars.
O'Neill shows up on Atlantis, but does nothing but crack bad jokes, thus wasting an episode.
That they bring yet another SG1 villiain to the SGA universe.
That TPTB think fans want another episode like "The Tower" and write it.

Hey i dunno i think its time to bring the Ori over or even the foothold aliens...maybe the re'tu... why bother being original again huh? lol

runnerX
February 11th, 2008, 06:02 AM
Hey i dunno i think its time to bring the Ori over or even the foothold aliens...maybe the re'tu... why bother being original again huh? lol
I wouldn't mind if they bring the foothold aliens in SGA.

Jeff O'Connor
February 11th, 2008, 06:08 AM
John, Rodney, Teyla or Ronon biting the bullet could seal the show's fate for me. Keep at least these four alive, and I'd rather you don't lay a hand on Radek or Lorne, either. This isn't Galactica... which I love, by the way, but that show is done in a very different style, so that when such things as the equivalent to the six I just mentioned happen to die, it isn't nearly as awkward, it's well-done and it would add to the story. In SGA's case, it has many dramatic themes and moments, but it isn't a space opera. Mallozzi said that himself. So when beloved cast members fall, it has often seemed... out of place, unsavory and like a cheap trick to rack up numbers, only to later on hear from the majority of the fanbase how it shouldn't have been done.

stclare
February 11th, 2008, 07:44 AM
My fears are;

Another death of a main character.
A romance put into canon (any pairing)
no team eps
SG1 bad guys and good guys showing up week after week after week.

The Signal
February 11th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Vala comes for a visit...
Mitchell comes for a visit...
Landry comes for a visit...
The Doci... oh you get the idea :D

Platschu
February 11th, 2008, 10:31 AM
My fears:
- More stand alone episode with 2-3 actor in a small, dark room.
- Don't know what they want to tell us about the galaxy, so they will make more sitcom type adventure, which are not funny, rather annoying. I would like to laugh with my heroes, not how they suffer from irritating guest stars.
- The new race will be human or humanoid
- They will continue the replicator storyline without Weir
- The 100th will be a disaster and shame without Weir, Ford and Beckett.

I hope they will read my SG quotes signature and they will keep their own advices. ;)

TOIVA
February 11th, 2008, 10:54 AM
You know what I don't want for season 5? Those eps that you hear about and right off the bat you know that they're going to be boring and pointless. Ep's like "Childhood's End", "The Tower', "Missing", "Harmony", ect. They're the ones that are almost entirely off world with no technology in sight. You'd think they could be interesting, but they never are.:(
I must agree. These eps are simply awfull. And how many they were this season...:( Althought The Tower was at least a bit interesting cause of its cityship and drones we got.:)

My fears can also include:
- no new ships found or commisionned
- no our good friends Wraiths
- no space battles
- no genius Zelenka eps

Well, and more and more...

Lt Sara
February 11th, 2008, 11:06 AM
True i totally i agree. Another death in Atlantis would spoil it for my viewing

Lt Sara
February 11th, 2008, 11:08 AM
oh What would really be awful is if the Shep and Teyla offically get together . Atlantis would be reuined. it would be television sUICIDE.

jenks
February 11th, 2008, 11:09 AM
I'll tell you what would be even worse.

jenks
Another double post.

Jumper_One
True i totally i agree. Another death in Atlantis would spoil it for my viewing

depends who dies

oh What would really be awful is if the Shep and Teyla offically get together . Atlantis would be reuined. it would be television sUICIDE.

ugh that'd be awful

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 11:16 AM
I really don't have any fears except that it doesn't get renewed.

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 11:17 AM
depends who dies
What if it's Lucius?;)

ugh that'd be awful
Well I'd love to see them together though not if Kannan is still alive.

Lt Sara
February 11th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Kanna will just keep Sheppard and Teyla apart.

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 11:20 AM
What if it's Lucius?;)

If Lucious dies either by Ronon's hand or a Wraith I'll be happy... A rogue Ancient drone and I'll be over the moon :D

cabouse18
February 11th, 2008, 11:23 AM

That is my fear too!

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 11:24 AM
If Lucious dies either by Ronon's hand or a Wraith I'll be happy... A rogue Ancient drone and I'll be over the moon :D

How about a death like the Wraith in The Defiant One?;)

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 11:25 AM
I really don't have any fears except that it doesn't get renewed.

good one ;)

What if it's Lucius?;)

then I'll be happy :D

Well I'd love to see them together though not if Kannan is still alive.

sorry dude but Shep/Teyla would be a big mistake imo

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 11:27 AM
How about a death like the Wraith in The Defiant One?;)

That would be fantastic :D Or a hive ship crashes into the spot where Lucious was standing... ;)

jenks
February 11th, 2008, 11:28 AM

I'd be surprised if he survived the first episode to be honest.

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 11:29 AM

I know this is off topic so we can discuss this elsewhere but why?

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 11:30 AM
That would be fantastic :D Or a hive ship crashes into the spot where Lucious was standing... ;)

I like it!! I actually liked those eps but he really needs to die.

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 11:38 AM
I know this is off topic so we can discuss this elsewhere but why?

no it's not off topic, it could be one of my deepest darkest s5 fears ;) um why do you think it'd be such a great idea? I think Atlantis is much more interesting without any ship

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 11:41 AM
no it's not off topic, it could be one of my deepest darkest s5 fears ;) um why do you think it'd be such a great idea? I think Atlantis is much more interesting without any ship

IDK I just like seeing certain characters together. Jack and Sam for example and John an Teyla really look good together IMO.

TOIVA
February 11th, 2008, 11:41 AM

I think I saw something on Martin Gero's blog or somewhere, that they should never really get together. Thankfully.:)

What if it's Lucius?;)

Oh my! I nearly fogot he's still not dead.:mckay:

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 11:44 AM
I like it!! I actually liked those eps but he really needs to die.

:indeed: Anyone got a spare Mark IX? :P

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 11:47 AM
:indeed: Anyone got a spare Mark IX? :P

We could make that therapist who interviewed Vala treat Lucius. By the end of the session we know at least one would be dead.;)

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 11:48 AM
IDK I just like seeing certain characters together. Jack and Sam for example and John an Teyla really look good together IMO.

I agree about S/J but only because that happened off screen (even though everybody's still waiting for the irrefutable on screen resolution). J/T would be another cliche imo as in the hero gets the alien girl, I don't like it. hey if they're gonna get together sometime in the future when there's no more Atlantis I'd be fine with it. I won't like it but still accept it. but for now there shouldn't be any realtionship in Atlantis imo. also don't forget there are other shippers, TBTB wouldn't wanna alienate a certain fanbase

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 11:49 AM
I agree about S/J but only because that happened off screen (even though everybody's still waiting for the irrefutable on screen resolution). J/T would be another cliche imo as in the hero gets the alien girl, I don't like it. hey if they're gonna get together sometime in the future when there's no more Atlantis I'd be fine with it. I won't like it but still accept it. but for now there shouldn't be any realtionship in Atlantis imo. also don't forget there are other shippers, TBTB wouldn't wanna alienate a certain fanbase
Hmm you make a good point and I agree.

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Hmm you make a good point and I agree.

really? just like that? wow that was easy :P

ciannwn
February 11th, 2008, 12:01 PM
My fear. Some more living Lanteans turn up. They die during the course of the story because they're over confident or careless about something.

Killjoy_Zero
February 11th, 2008, 12:18 PM
My biggest fear is the writers running out of ideas so they invent some weird bug that eats cloth and metals. A naked Ronin is NOT on my list of things to see.

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 12:20 PM
My biggest fear is the writers running out of ideas so they invent some weird bug that eats cloth and metals. A naked Ronin is NOT on my list of things to see.

:eek: ITA :S

ciannwn
February 11th, 2008, 12:22 PM
You can thank McKay & the Expedition for the Ancients dying in The Return because I dont think they ever told them about changing their base code. Therefore the Ancients did not know that the Replicators could attack them

The hologram in Rising said they were over confident. Helia said they were responsible for the Wraith's emergence as a species.

In 'Spoils Of War' they were careless and thought their ships unbeatable.

If I was a Lantean I'd sue the scriptwriters for ruining my race's reputation. :D

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 12:24 PM
The hologram in Rising said they were over confident. Helia said they were responsible for the Wraith's emergence as a species.

In 'Spoils Of War' they were careless and thought their ships unbeatable.

If I was a Lantean I'd sue the scriptwriters for ruining my race's reputation. :D

They still probably would have headed to the SGC with Jack & Woolsey as soon as they showed up only to take back the city later if they know that little info

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 12:49 PM
:eek: ITA :S
Yes no naked male characters. Now female ones........*whistles and walks away*

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 12:52 PM

well said :D

Killjoy_Zero
February 11th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Jewel Staite, Dr. Keller in Atlantis, was in Firefly first. Watch the pilot episode. Its great how they introduce her.

reddevil18
February 11th, 2008, 01:25 PM

Now, now...Don't be too hasty!

cabouse18
February 11th, 2008, 01:46 PM

Flip that around and everything will be perfect;)

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Flip that around and everything will be perfect;)

err... no :P

Buck32
February 11th, 2008, 01:58 PM
My fears are;

Another death of a main character.
A romance put into canon (any pairing)
no team eps
SG1 bad guys and good guys showing up week after week after week.

I agree, although a romance if done properly would be fine, and i'm not talking Ronon and Keller here, let's have one that makes sense.

I think it would be great if the new enemies weren't human or even humaniod but given tptb's track record i'm not optimistic. One last thing if they kill off Beckett again they're even stupider than i thought.

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 01:59 PM

Now I love the idea there :D

cabouse18
February 11th, 2008, 02:09 PM
I agree, although a romance if done properly would be fine, and i'm not talking Ronon and Keller here, let's have one that makes sense.

I think it would be great if the new enemies weren't human or even humaniod but given tptb's track record i'm not optimistic. One last thing if they kill off Beckett again they're even stupider than i thought.

I agree...just have Beckett decide to return to Earth for a while or something...killing him again would retarded.

I am a J/T shipper and would love to see them get together but again, you are right...it has to been tastefully and right...getting characters together for the sake of having a relationship on the show would suck.

I was kind of upset they broke up Rodney and Katie

Non humanoid enemies would cost too much money; monet this show probably doesn't have to spend...hence all the bottle eps and non team eps this season

PG15
February 11th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I'm fearless.

cabouse18
February 11th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I'm fearless.

glad one of us is!!!!;)

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 02:15 PM
I'm fearless.

that's great. I'd really like to join you... :P

MartianManhunter
February 11th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I agree...just have Beckett decide to return to Earth for a while or something...killing him again would retarded.

I am a J/T shipper and would love to see them get together but again, you are right...it has to been tastefully and right...getting characters together for the sake of having a relationship on the show would suck.

Non humanoid enemies would cost too much money; monet this show probably doesn't have to spend...hence all the bottle eps and non team eps this season

But didn't they get more money this year with the end of SG-1?

Killdeer
February 11th, 2008, 02:24 PM

I agree with Jumper One - Shep/Teyla is one of my biggest fears too. Probably my biggest one. :( Especially since Kanaan will probably get killed off rather quickly.

Other fears:
2) Lorne and/or Zelenka getting killed off. Of course any of the main four getting killed off, but I think that is doubtful. There's a higher risk of losing these two.
3) That they will continue the trend of single character or duo or trio episodes. I want my team!! We've lost Elizabeth and Carson, at least let me have my team! :(
4) Ronon/Keller ship. I'm not really all that enthusiastic about any main character ship being canon, but those two are my biggest worries.

Buck32
February 11th, 2008, 02:47 PM

I wasn't upset Rodney and Kate broke up, i found Katey annoying, and i don't think Teyla and Shepherd should get together, that would be too cliche and too much like the whole Carter and O'Neil thing.

Although i realize they might not be able to afford doing non humaniod enemies, i think they need to do something original otherwise they will loose veiwers quickly, if they can't do that at least go back to some good old fashioned offworld team based episodes. Another season like S4 will spell then end of this Show.

cabouse18
February 11th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I agree with Jumper One - Shep/Teyla is one of my biggest fears too. Probably my biggest one. :( Especially since Kanaan will probably get killed off rather quickly.

Other fears:
2) Lorne and/or Zelenka getting killed off. Of course any of the main four getting killed off, but I think that is doubtful. There's a higher risk of losing these two.
3) That they will continue the trend of single character or duo or trio episodes. I want my team!! We've lost Elizabeth and Carson, at least let me have my team! :(
4) Ronon/Keller ship. I'm not really all that enthusiastic about any main character ship being canon, but those two are my biggest worries.

Wow sorry I even mentioned J/T!!

I would agree that we need more team eps...I am tired of seeing eps based solely on one or two characters....the reason I watch this show and SG-1 was for the team stuff, however mundane...they need to get back to that. This season has been way too disjointed and sole character oriented.

Kanan is a such a plot device; the dude is as good as dead!!

Killdeer
February 11th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Wow sorry I even mentioned J/T!!

It wasn't directed at you. :) I was just agreeing with Jumper One.

And the truth is someone's biggest fear is always going to be someone else's greatest wish! ;) Even if it's for Lucius to come back! :D

cabouse18
February 11th, 2008, 03:05 PM

And the truth is someone's biggest fear is always going to be someone else's greatest wish! ;) Even if it's for Lucius to come back! :D

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :lol: I'd rather scratch my eyes out! On second thought, that would be painful; I just don't want him back;)

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 04:07 PM

yay you agree with me :D oh btw Killdeer remember a few weeks ago when people were arguing if Carter would still be base commander in s5? I admit I was wrong and you were right. do I owe you a beer? :P

:indeed:

Killdeer
February 11th, 2008, 04:14 PM
yay you agree with me :D oh btw Killdeer remember a few weeks ago when people were arguing if Carter would still be base commander in s5? I admit I was wrong and you were right. do I owe you a beer? :P

*choke* :lol:

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 04:22 PM
*choke* :lol:

is that a yes? :D
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/beer1r.jpg

cabouse18
February 11th, 2008, 04:27 PM
is that a yes? :D
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/beer1r.jpg

hmmmmm, beer *drools*....:D

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 04:34 PM
hmmmmm, beer *drools*....:D

hey that's for Killdeer :mad: IF she wants it ;) :P

Killdeer
February 11th, 2008, 04:37 PM

Hmmm. Is it nonalcoholic? :D I do try to stick to nonalcoholic beverages. :P

cabouse18
February 11th, 2008, 04:49 PM

Sorry I see beer and well ya know *drools*;)

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Hmmm. Is it nonalcoholic? :D I do try to stick to nonalcoholic beverages. :P

sure :) or would you rather have dinner? :jack_new_anime18: :P
please choose;)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Hors_duvre_Bosnian.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/800px-Soup_shp.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/400px-BakedFish.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Hamburger_sandwich.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/796px-DessertShy.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Helados.jpg

Sorry I see beer and well ya know *drools*;)

I know what you mean :P

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 05:00 PM
sure :) or would you rather have dinner? :jack_new_anime18: :P
please choose;)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Hors_duvre_Bosnian.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/800px-Soup_shp.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/400px-BakedFish.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Hamburger_sandwich.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/796px-DessertShy.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Helados.jpg

I know what you mean :P
Hmm alot of that looks interesting though not sure what alot of it is. as to beer I'll take a Killians please.;)

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 05:07 PM
I have another fear besides Woolsey. More fan campaigns

cabouse18
February 11th, 2008, 05:09 PM
I have another fear besides Woolsey. More fan campaigns

Oh geez enough with those already!

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Oh geez enough with those already!

Indeed can we please go through one season without a fan campaign ? Save them for Season 6 that is all I ask

Killdeer
February 11th, 2008, 05:12 PM
please choose;)http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Helados.jpg

:fordanime03: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ice cream. *drools*

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Indeed can we please go through one season without a fan campaign ? Save them for Season 6 that is all I ask

LoL... That is one hell of a hugh thing to ask for :D

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 05:14 PM
we don't need a fan campaign for s5. Weir's gone, Beckett's back and Ford...well let's get real, he's gone too ;) oh there's only the 'More Sam in s5' fan campaign ;) :D

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 05:16 PM
we don't need a fan campaign for s5. Weir's gone, Beckett's back and Ford...well let's get real, he's gone too ;) oh there's only the 'More Sam in s5' fan campaign ;) :D

Im mainly saying this in regards to starting brand new campaigns. Already started campaigns are fine

PG15
February 11th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Careful Jumper, Killdeer; you wouldn't want the fandom to think you were having hot hot sex with the fact that, OMG, THEY'RE HAVING A DRINK TOGETHER!!?!?>!@:#"2

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 05:18 PM
:fordanime03: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ice cream. *drools*

I'm glad you like it :)

Killdeer
February 11th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Careful Jumper, Killdeer; you wouldn't want the fandom to think you were having hot hot sex with the fact that, OMG, THEY'RE HAVING A DRINK TOGETHER!!?!?>!@:#"2

:rolleyes: :P

We probably better get back on topic though. ;)

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Im mainly saying this in regards to starting brand new campaigns. Already started campaigns are fine

ok but I still wanna add the 'More Sam in s5' fan campaign :D

Careful Jumper, Killdeer; you wouldn't want the fandom to think you were having hot hot sex with that, OMG, THEY'RE HAVING A DRINK TOGETHER!!?!?>!@:#"2

:lol: psst that was supposed to be a secret ;) :jack_new_anime18: :D :P

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 05:23 PM
ok but I still wanna add the 'More Sam in s5' fan campaign :D

How about noooooooooo campaigns for Season 5. Stargate Atlantis must be in the book of records for amount of fan campaigns in a season

Killdeer
February 11th, 2008, 05:24 PM
:lol: psst that was supposed to be a secret ;) :jack_new_anime18: :D :P

Oh dear. :S I think maybe it's time for me to leave this conversation. :D

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 05:32 PM
How about noooooooooo campaigns for Season 5. Stargate Atlantis must be in the book of records for amount of fan campaigns in a season

IDK let me check :P

Oh dear. :S I think maybe it's time for me to leave this conversation. :D

I think we need to slow down :lol:

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 05:34 PM
LoL... That is one hell of a hugh thing to ask for :D

Yeah but one can dream.;)

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 05:35 PM
:rolleyes: :P

We probably better get back on topic though. ;)

What is this topic you speak of?

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 05:37 PM
What is this topic you speak of?

I have no idea??? :confused:

nx01a
February 11th, 2008, 05:44 PM
I fear they'll bring Carson back just long enough for the new enemy Daniel pisses off to kill him.

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 05:48 PM
I fear they'll bring Carson back just long enough for the new enemy Daniel pisses off to kill him.

I don't think so

nx01a
February 11th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Did you think they'd off Carson the first time?
Much less bring him back?

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 05:49 PM

I seriously doubt it.

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 05:50 PM

Somehow I cannot see that happening...

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 05:50 PM

I can picture the scene now

New Bad Guy - Now that we know about you & your kind
Daniel - Oh here we go
New Bad Guy - As an reward we will do one thing you ask us to do

Daniel looks that screen & hen winks

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Did you think they'd off Carson the first time?

no I didn't

Much less bring him back?

I was hoping they would bring him back

come on do you really believe TBTB are that stupid? killing off Carson, then bring him back only to kill him off again. sorry but that's ridiculous and just won't happen imo

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 05:52 PM
come on do you really believe TBTB are that stupid? killing off Carson, then bring him back only to kill him off again. sorry but that's ridiculous and just won't happen imo

It worked with Daniel for 10 years why not Carson

cabouse18
February 11th, 2008, 05:53 PM
no I didn't

If they do, they might as well shut down production and pack it up b/c it would be the stupidest thing they have ever done and the fans will surely let them know it!

nx01a
February 11th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I hope it won't either, but it's still something I dread. Carson's back in 'limited release', they'll have to make all of his appearances count somehow. Hopefully not by killing him again.

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 05:54 PM
If they do, they might as well shut down production and pack it up b/c it would be the stupidest thing they have ever done and the fans will surely let them know it!

exactly! that's why they won't do it

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 05:54 PM
no I didn't

Well not unless they really do aim to p1ss fans off anyway ;) I think hell would break out if they did do something as insane and callous as that...

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 07:43 PM

Because TPTB know they would be swarmed by angry fans.

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Well not unless they really do aim to p1ss fans off anyway ;) I think hell would break out if they did do something as insane and callous as that...

:indeed: I think they're not even considering it. if the show gets renewed then there should be a really good chance for a lot more eps with Carson imo

Because TPTB know they would be swarmed by angry fans.

also this is Atlantis and not SG-1 and Carson isn't Daniel. two different situations and characters ;)

MattSilver 3k
February 12th, 2008, 03:55 AM
That no matter how awesome this season will be, there'll still be too many whiners on Gateworld forums.

Cree
February 12th, 2008, 05:46 AM

lmao but didnt people get tired off that too?
If they kill off carson again they would get to much lash back, i dont think they are THAT stupid!

then agian they were stupid enough to get rid of :weir:

EDIT:

Also i fear that they make the ancients look even more stupid and foolish! they were the gatebuilders people, leave them the hell alone and make someone else look stupid for once please!
and as someone said if any more live lanteans show up, dont kill them off again!

stclare
February 12th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Heavy McKay whump episode! :D

Now thats something id like to see, but he would have to come out of it looking brave and getting the girl :mckay:

Klenotka
February 12th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Now thats something id like to see, but he would have to come out of it looking brave and getting the girl :mckay:

oops, I posted this to wrong thread. It is desire, not a fear. :)

Chailyn
February 12th, 2008, 10:39 AM
1. Lorne is killed off.
2. Carson is killed off (again)
3. Baby/child on Atlantis
4. Melodramatic romance. Even though I'm an anti-shipper for the show, I would be able to deal wth a romance as long as it's realistic and both characters are well-developed on their own before they're paired off. Otherwise, this would be a deal-breaker for me.

Jumper_One
February 12th, 2008, 10:47 AM
1. Lorne is killed off.

:eek:

2. Carson is killed off (again)

:eek:

3. Baby/child on Atlantis

will probably happen anyway

4. Melodramatic romance. Even though I'm an anti-shipper for the show, I would be able to deal wth a romance as long as it's realistic and both characters are well-developed on their own before they're paired off. Otherwise, this would be a deal-breaker for me.

no thanks :P

cabouse18
February 12th, 2008, 10:57 AM
1. 3. Baby/child on Atlantis

That is not necessarily a fear of mine, but just a nagging thought of how horrible a move it would be in the sense that it would ruin the show. You can't have a baby running around the city....can you say massive tv cliche??!!!

My fear, is the horrible storyline they have probably derived for the resoluton of this pregnancy/kid storyline.

This is a scifi show for cry'in out loud!!!;)

Jumper_One
February 12th, 2008, 11:01 AM
That is not necessarily a fear of mine, but just a thought of how horrible a move it would be in the sense that it would ruin the show.

ditto

You can't have a baby running around the city....can you say massive tv cliche??!!!

yes you can. ugh I hate cliches

My fear is the horrible storyline they have probably derived for the pregnancy/kid in general....god only knows how bad the outcome we are waiting to see is.

I think it won't be as bad as some might think

:indeed:

cabouse18
February 12th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I think it won't be as bad as some might think

Honestly, I don't think so either but I really hope there is a WTF surprise in store for us b/c if it is going to go the way I fear it might.....BLOW IT ALL UP AND START OVER :lol:

Emre
I fear that we won't see Todd again. ._. The show won't feel right without a "good" Wraith.

Fenrir Foxz
That is not necessarily a fear of mine, but just a nagging thought of how horrible a move it would be in the sense that it would ruin the show. You can't have a baby running around the city....can you say massive tv cliche??!!!

My fear, is the horrible storyline they have probably derived for the resoluton of this pregnancy/kid storyline.

:indeed: I do not want to see a child/children in Atlantis... Again!

It didn't work the first time and is IMO one hell of a TV Cliche... :)
SGA doesn't want to go down that road ;)

Chailyn
February 12th, 2008, 11:05 AM
will probably happen anyway

I know, which is why it's one of my, deepest, darkest fears! :sheppardanime32:

That is not necessarily a fear of mine but just a horrible move in the sense that it would ruin the show. You can't have a baby running around the city....can you say massive tv cliche??!!!

This is a scifi show for cry'in out loud!!!

Huggies or Pampers?? Oh, the drama!! ;)

Fenrir Foxz
February 12th, 2008, 11:06 AM
I fear that we won't see Todd again. ._. The show won't feel right without a "good" Wraith.

Who said Todd's always going to be a good guy? ;)

cabouse18
February 12th, 2008, 11:06 AM
:indeed: I do not want to see a child/children in Atlantis... Again!

It didn't work the first time and is IMO one hell of a TV Cliche... :)
SGA doesn't want to go down that road ;)

Let's frickin hope not! No show has ever survived after going down a route like this!

Emre
February 12th, 2008, 11:09 AM

The voices in my head. *nods*

But I am hoping that they don't remove good guy Todd.

Jumper_One
February 12th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Honestly, I don't think so either but I really hope there is a WTF surprise in store for us b/c if it is going to go the way I fear it might.....

yeah it's gonna be interesting to say the least ;)

BLOW IT ALL UP AND START OVER :lol:

still on that eh? :P

wasn't it already confirmed that we'll see him in at least one ep?

I know, which is why it's one of my, deepest, darkest fears! :sheppardanime32:

I know what you mean. children and sci fi -> nope! but I have faith in TBTB :)

he's a good guy??? :D

Chailyn
February 12th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Let's frickin hope not! No show has every survived after going down a route like this!

True. You know when relationships start coming together and the kids start entering the picture that the end is near. Works practically every time. :S

Fenrir Foxz
February 12th, 2008, 11:16 AM
The voices in my head. *nods*

But I am hoping that they don't remove good guy Todd.

You hear them too? :P

I think Todd is on the fence at the moment as to what side he is on... He isn't going to turn on his own species... unless there is something going on between him and Shep and the "It's not like we're dating" line was to throw us of the scent :D

cabouse18
February 12th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I know what you mean. children and sci fi -> nope! but I have faith in TBTB :)

Unless it is Children of the Corn;)

Emre
February 12th, 2008, 11:19 AM

I think Todd is on the fence at the moment as to what side he is on... He isn't going to turn on his own species... unless there is something going on between him and Shep and the "It's not like we're dating" line was to throw us of the scent :D

I do! They sound like Catherine Tate.

He would have problems with being on the human side (to him, it would be strangely similar to being allies with an "all you can eat" buffet), but it would be very groovy if he was.

Shep and Todd, eh? FANFICTION!

Jumper_One
February 12th, 2008, 11:22 AM

yes

where are the Shep/Todd shippers??? :P

Unless it is Children of the Corn;)

err...yeah :P

I do! They sound like Catherine Tate.

no they don't. the sound like...hm let me think...

He would have problems with being on the human side (to him, it would be strangely similar to being allies with an "all you can eat" buffet), but it would be very groovy if he was.

Shep and Todd, eh? FANFICTION!

an all you can eat buffet? :lol:

Cree
February 12th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Todd and Shepp..... that would spell the end of the show!

Emre
February 12th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Todd and Shepp..... that would spell the end of the show!

Imagine the possibilities...I know I am.

Cree
February 12th, 2008, 11:32 AM
ughh thats just sooo wrong!

Jumper_One
February 12th, 2008, 11:34 AM
ughh thats just sooo wrong!

it's your fault. you mentioned it :P

Emre
February 12th, 2008, 11:35 AM
More like, disturbingly hot, because let's face it: Todd is not an ugly wraith.

no they don't. the sound like...hm let me think...

They do! They even got the "Am I bothered?" right!

Jumper_One
February 12th, 2008, 11:37 AM
They do! They even got the "Am I bothered?" right!

if you say so :rolleyes: :P :lol:

Cree
February 12th, 2008, 11:37 AM
I didnt mention it, i just said it would be wrong :P
What do you mean he is a hot wraith... eeww
the actor who plays him, yummy not bad but arghhh Todd

Mitchell82
February 12th, 2008, 12:19 PM
I have to agree no children actually in the city though having Mckay and Zelenka babysit would be hilarious.

Cree
February 12th, 2008, 12:37 PM
i dunno i liked having juno or whatever his name was around for a while was cool! eg hide and seek :D

Mitchell82
February 12th, 2008, 12:37 PM
i dunno i liked having juno or whatever his name was around for a while was cool! eg hide and seek :D

Jinto and yeah me too.

Cree
February 12th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Glad someone else liked him! good actor, sweet kid!

cabouse18
February 12th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Glad someone else liked him! good actor, sweet kid!

I liked him better than some of the adult actors on the show!!

txTart
February 12th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I'm a little concerned about the new characters being brought in. I don't want the focus to move away from Sheppard, McKay, Teyla and Ronon. Plus, we already have Lorne and Zelenka and Chuck -- I'd rather have their presence in the show bumped up than have new people coming in.

cabouse18
February 12th, 2008, 02:34 PM
I'm a little concerned about the new characters being brought in. I don't want the focus to move away from Sheppard, McKay, Teyla and Ronon. Plus, we already have Lorne and Zelenka and Chuck -- I'd rather have their presence in the show bumped up than have new people coming in.

Ditto...I think I am going to need a scorecard in the beginning to keep track;)

markaudette
February 12th, 2008, 02:43 PM
My deepest fear is introducing a new enemy that's just too far out there - too powerful - like the Ori.

The whole franchise never should get that far reaching again. In my opinion.

txTart
February 12th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Ditto...I think I am going to need a scorecard in the beginning to keep track;)

I just hope and pray that TPTB don't decide to kill off one of those three guys in favorite of bringing another pretty girl on board. :mckay:

cabouse18
February 12th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I just hope and pray that TPTB don't decide to kill off one of those three guys in favorite of bringing another pretty girl on board. :mckay:

That cuz that would suck and be totally cliched!!

Jumper_One
February 12th, 2008, 03:30 PM

well Joe confimed that the focus will still be on the team

Jenn writes: “ Will the focus of the show still be on the team (i.e. Sheppard, Teyla, Ronon and McKay) in season 5?”

Answer: Yes, both as a team and as individuals.

as for Teyla

Rachel remains a series regular and an important part of the team. Two of the first three episodes see some major developments for the character.

Porter has NOT been brought in to replace Teyla on the team.

also I think Zelenka, Lorne and Chuck will have at least as much screentime in s5 as in s4

I doubt it

That cuz that would suck and be totally cliched!!

ugh I hate cliches

cabouse18
February 12th, 2008, 03:38 PM
ugh I hate cliches

And yet, they are everywhere!!!:p

Jumper_One
February 12th, 2008, 03:48 PM
And yet, they are everywhere!!!:p

yes unfortunately they are

dasNdanger
February 12th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Deepest fear? They will kill off Todd.

Second deepest fear? They will annihilate the Wraith.

Yeah, that's about it.

das

Lythisrose
February 12th, 2008, 09:35 PM
McKay actually does get married
Ronon goes permanently darkside (temporarily is OK)
They kill off Lorne or Zelenka
Teyla's baby is a super being
Lucius in any form whatsoever other than toast
Weir being played by some other actress
Woolsey is replaced by yet another new commander
Another Ancient or Wraith vessel is destroyed

Repli!kat
February 12th, 2008, 09:38 PM
No Shep Whump

-Major Woody
February 12th, 2008, 10:05 PM
My deepest, darkest fear for season 5 is that there won't be any truly outstanding episodes, just 20 more mediocre ones.

nx01a
February 12th, 2008, 10:22 PM
I fear that Teyla's baby'll come out all V.:P
http://www.mikebaggley.com/photos/moviepics/alienbaby.jpg
Or something a bit simpler.
http://rottenryan.com/images/vbaby.jpg

Ice Wolf
February 13th, 2008, 12:29 AM
My deepest fear is that they will kill Weir off-screen.

That or that there will be no mention of what happened to her. I know Torri isnt coming back but they should keep the Weir storyline alive.

cabouse18
February 13th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I fear that Teyla's baby'll come out all V.:P
http://www.mikebaggley.com/photos/moviepics/alienbaby.jpg
Or something a bit simpler.
http://rottenryan.com/images/vbaby.jpg

RALMAO :lol:

I'm telling ya Rosemary's Baby!;)

I don't want to see Ronon go to the dark side (cliched and done before)
Teyla's kid
Killing Weir off screen as someone mentioned....just leave her story open should TH decide to return.

Mitchell82
February 13th, 2008, 06:00 PM
My deepest fear is introducing a new enemy that's just too far out there - too powerful - like the Ori.

The whole franchise never should get that far reaching again. In my opinion.

I'll have to disagree as I loved them.

Col.Foley
February 13th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I'll have to disagree as I loved them.Indeed, the Ori were a fantastic nemesis.

Klenotka
February 14th, 2008, 05:07 AM
The problem isn´t that Ori or Wraith would be bad enemies. On the contrary. But the main problem is that from every cool race, enemies or friends, becomes a bunch of idiots during few seasons. Or are killed off-screen or are just...idiots. People have to be able to defeat them so it looks like tptb try to write it that way. People = cool, smart, the best. Enemies = idiots, stupid, without battle tactics (Goa´uld "Let´s go get them!" tactic)
Even Ancients, once mysterious and great race, was turned into selfish, egoistic race, that leaves problems behind.

Cree
February 14th, 2008, 05:46 AM
McKay actually does get married
Ronon goes permanently darkside (temporarily is OK)
They kill off Lorne or Zelenka
Teyla's baby is a super being
Lucius in any form whatsoever other than toast
Weir being played by some other actress
Woolsey is replaced by yet another new commander
Another Ancient or Wraith vessel is destroyed

What do you mean another wraith or ancient vessel destroyed?
ancient i get as they were supposed to be amazing but now they seem crap, but with the wraith i hope more are destroyed, show us turning the tide in the war, but i'd also like to see one of ours get destroyed otherwise it doesnt seem realistic maybe?
They have already said lorne and zelenka are around and i dont think they will get killed off :D

i thought lucius was getting eaten anyway lol!

stclare
February 14th, 2008, 06:12 AM
ancient i get as they were supposed to be amazing but now they seem crap, but with the wraith i hope more are destroyed, show us turning the tide in the war, but i'd also like to see one of ours get destroyed otherwise it doesnt seem realistic maybe?
They have already said lorne and zelenka are around and i dont think they will get killed off :D

Id pay big bucks to see that happen ;)

jelgate
February 14th, 2008, 08:06 AM

Lets make it a whole episode. The Wraith slowly eats away at Lucius

Cory Holmes
February 14th, 2008, 08:47 AM
My deepest, darkest fear is that they'll find some way of hooking Weir and Sheppard up. That ship came thiiiiis close to nausiating me and I'm glad to see it gone for good :)

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 09:25 AM

I think we all would ;)

cabouse18
February 14th, 2008, 11:10 AM
My deepest, darkest fear is that they'll find some way of hooking Weir and Sheppard up. That ship came thiiiiis close to nausiating me and I'm glad to see it gone for good :)

DITTO!!!!!:D

Mitchell82
February 14th, 2008, 12:30 PM
I think we all would ;)

How about we shove Lucius in http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/sarlacc/img/movie_bg.jpg

TOIVA
February 14th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Wow, I've just read 6 pages of this thread full of beer, ice cream and other food.:D:D
And I agree with all those, who are afraid of Teyla's child staying in Atlantis. With all those that don't want to see anyone else killed (either Sheppard, Ronon, Teyla, McKay, Lorne, Zelenka, Chuck, Carter and most importantly Todd:))

And I would well sacrifice all an episode for seeing Todd be fed on Lucius. Both do deserve.:D

cabouse18
February 14th, 2008, 01:52 PM
How about we shove Lucius in http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/sarlacc/img/movie_bg.jpg

I'm all for that....he can take the baby with him;)

jelgate
February 14th, 2008, 03:09 PM

Sure. Kavannagh is holding him.

Mitchell82
February 14th, 2008, 05:07 PM

Nah take Kav not the kid.

cabouse18
February 14th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Nah take Kav not the kid.

How about we make it a two for one deal? I'm always open to compromises;)

Childermass
February 14th, 2008, 07:29 PM
My greatest fears?

1. Lucius.
2. More Shep/Teyla nonsense. *ducks for cover*
3. Teyla having two or three great episodes, and then being forgotten for the rest of the season.
4. Michael becoming just another mustache-twirling baddie.
5. More Larin/Shep "flirtation".
6. Teyla's pregnancy arc turning into "Aw, wook at da baby! Teywa's such a gooood mommy!"
6. Shep chating up or eyeing Capt. Vega in any way, shape, or form.
7. Too much Shep period. *ducks again*

Yep, this stuff gives me night terrors.

MatroxMeteor
February 15th, 2008, 01:06 AM
1. More Sheppard acting like a hormone-driven idiot (around Larrin).

2. Larrin.

3. McKay behaving like an adolescent moronic hormone-driven idiot (suggesting to other officers and expedition members, no - expedition leader !!! - to show their breasts!? Sam should've kicked his ass all the way back to Earth...)

4. New 20- and 30-something female team members included to (very willingly) remove their clothes in order to make a rope to get out of a hole...

5. Woolsey.

6. Larrin.

7. A new even more deadlier and even more scarrier evil race... (or two).

8. Reducing Zelenka into a socially retarded psychopathic science geek.

9. Larrin.

10. New kick ass sexy female starship troopers (like MACOs in Enterprise...).

Cree
February 15th, 2008, 04:16 AM
oops double post! sorry!

Cree
February 15th, 2008, 04:18 AM

LMAO!!!

:sam:

Klenotka
February 15th, 2008, 07:44 AM
I am worried that SGA might become chaotic place, without any chain holding them together (Elizabeth). I think with Woolsey in command, they will probably go to missions by themselves, they won´t follow orders.

I am worried that Mallozzi lies again about spreading Lorne´s role because they will have new babe, new soldier, even with her own team with members who actually have names!

Lorne and Zelenka will become more recurring then they were, without any chance for improvement.

I am worried that there will be Teyla´s child in Atlantis.

I am worried that they will reverse McKay again, making him screw up over and over again, humiliate him, with Sheppard constatly yelling at him without any reason...I am simply worried that they will "kill" my favorite character this way. They are trying in S4 but his character is so imbalanced that the damage is probably ireversable.

I would prefer no Larrin or any woman in Sheppard´s proximity.

No pairing because tptb can´t write any relationship. Viewers are so stupid that they actually want to SEE Rodney going out with Katie and SEE the reason why he wanted to marry her.

Lythisrose
February 15th, 2008, 08:17 AM

I meant the ones that our guys have found/acquired. The others can go BOOM!
And Lucius would make a great meal for some Wraith, although he'd probably be a bit greasy and the Wraith would need an antacid... (wonder if the Wraith get indigestion from some humans?):S

TOIVA
February 15th, 2008, 11:15 AM
3. Teyla having two or three great episodes, and then being forgotten for the rest of the season.
I agree, once, she should form a member of the team, not a guest star.;)

Actually, I'd love to see much more Larrin, and the rest of the "Travelers".:):)
(but not necessarilly a relationship of any kind)

6. Teyla's pregnancy arc turning into "Aw, wook at da baby! Teywa's such a gooood mommy!"
Wow, a nightmare!!

2. Larrin.

3. McKay behaving like an adolescent moronic hormone-driven idiot (suggesting to other officers and expedition members, no - expedition leader !!! - to show their breasts!? Sam should've kicked his ass all the way back to Earth...)

4. New 20- and 30-something female team members included to (very willingly) remove their clothes in order to make a rope to get out of a hole...

5. Woolsey.

6. Larrin.

9. Larrin.

You really don't like Larrin, do you? (and she's so sexy:p:p)
But Zelenka should really be brought back to the serious science.....:mckay::mckay:

cabouse18
February 15th, 2008, 12:46 PM
My greatest fears?

1. Lucius.
2. More Shep/Teyla nonsense. *ducks for cover*
6. Shep chating up or eyeing Capt. Vega in any way, shape, or form.
7. Too much Shep period. *ducks again*

Yep, this stuff gives me night terrors.

I agree with all those except #2 but that is only b/c I am a J/T shipper;)

Definately don't want anymore Larrin; her character is a space pirate with a rack and no brains.

Lucius: been done; twice!!!

Oh god and if they even touch number 6, I will puke b/c they will have ruined a perfectly good character with an age old cliche.

Vega....hmmm....don't know what to say about her yet other than the only flirting she should be doing this season is with her gun...b/c it would be another cliche....and I really hate those;)

Mitchell82
February 15th, 2008, 03:03 PM

2. Larrin.
I like Larrin. So not a worry for me.

I disagree. I just didn't see it as bad as that.

Well yeah she was quite willing but she was trying to help. It was great seeing Mckays face when Carter stopped it.

5. Woolsey.
I understand your concern on this but I think he has lots of potential so we'll see.

ANd the problem with that is?

Uh what makes you think that could happen?

9. Larrin.
YOu really don't like her do you?

I liked the MACO's.

nx01a
February 15th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Enterprise tangent...
When they first showed up and I saw a female MACO, I hoped that she wouldn't get overpowered and require Reed to save her. Then she had her first action scene and she got overpowered:P BUT she turned the tables and pain sticked the guy. Nicely done. Of course, she got overpowered later in the season and Reed had to save her. Eh, he's a star, she had no lines. :D

After 10 years of Carter and 4 of Teyla, the SGC has a great precedent of well rounded, strong and competent female warriors. Wait, that's only 2, isn't it...?:P Here's to this Vega person!