This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCi Fi Channel- I am dissapointed

I right in disgust. Although, its not a great way to begin in a new community. The new content that in the Sci FI is terrible to say the least.

Come on Tin Man!!!. A blatant rip off of the Wizard of Oz for gods sake. The thought that they are airing such turd other than SG1? Sci Fi is mainly targeted towards 13+, people like us who like watching proper quality entertainment unlike the average joe bloe who loves watching reality tv shows.

Another example, of crummy entertainment is Ghost hunters when did ghost hunting become a part of the sci fi genre?

So why is the SCi Fi Channel opting for cheap television?

Tin Man wasn't a blatant rip-off. In fact it was clearly and openly inspired by the original story (a retelling as they put it). The rest is pretty much spot on though. I barely tolerate but don't watch Ghost Hunters as it falls in closely with the sister genre of Fantasy but otherwise there's not much reason to air it. Nothing excuses wrestling on Sci Fi though.

Comment

I apologise for being so blunt and agressive in my statements. However, I write in anger to see quality shows which bring rating and have a enormous fanbase which the show creates.

Is battlestar galattica Sci Fi? I think not. Some of the shows that SCi fi channel show is absolute :turd:
      This unfortunetly, would be the downturn of the SCi Fi channel. I wouldn't be suprise to see it axed.

if the directors/producers are reading this...read the following.

I would love to see re-creation of Issac asmov books/short stories.

I hope for my hunger for Sci Fi content and the fanbase.

Comment

Well I think BSG is Sci Fi. I mean what other genre would it be?

However I do agree with Ghost Hunters being absolute crap. *Oh somthing touched me!!!* ITS CALLED A TWITCH YOU TWIT!!!!. There thats what I think do with it what you will.

Comment

adventure/action although, in terms of content I think its lackluster.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
            Apart from the fact its set in 'space' there isn't much science in the show anymore. Some would class it as fantasy like Buffy others might say it ditched the scifi for drama, political commentary, soap etc

Comment

I believe BSG chooses to focus a bit more on the human condition rather than the science, that doesn't however mean that it isn't science fiction, there is a great deal of drama there this is true.. it is a well acted show as well, but I still prefer my Stargate

but yeah...ghost hunters, wrestling I mean that kinda crap belongs on some bottom feeder like spike tv

beyond that.. most of the sci fi originals are horrible specifically the movies I'm so sick of their "creature" films

Comment

I definately agree, though I do love BSG. What exactly are they showing that is sci-fi? BSG isn't airing until April for some reason. That is more than a year after it last aired. SG1 is cancelled. Atlantis is still going, but that is about it.

Mostly it has become a horror channel. They show all those low budget tv horror movies now that no one actually watches. That stuff does not belong on a scifi channel.

Comment

Tin man wasen't a rip-off just a continuation lol

Did you not watch the show?

But I do agree that Sci-fi channel has been getting crap tv shows on...

ECW...

Nuff said.
                  Visit my Website

Comment

I gave up with the sci-fi channel and canceled my subscription happily. I agree most of whats on the channel isnt really sci-fi, more like space fantasy or space-drama, but most sci-fi fans seem to be anti-sci-fi sci-fi fans and prefer that kind of drama anyway. If your unhappy with sci-fi shows as I am, id recomend making your own stuff or reading books, theres plenty of great writing out there still
                    Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
                    Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post
                      adventure/action although, in terms of content I think its lackluster.
                      [/QUOTE]Bey0nd:Apart from the fact its set in 'space' there isn't much science in the show anymore. Some would class it as fantasy like Buffy others might say it ditched the scifi for drama, political commentary, soap etc.[/QUOTE]

Well I get what your both saying but still its not a set on Earth its on a different timline, They are in space in space vessals with "jump" capibilites. IMHO that would be considered Sci Fi.

Comment

Well just because the setting and background is sci-fiesque, its really not the feeling you get from the show and not exactly what a lot of people watch it for. Many people care about the characters, the drama, and the action and that's exactly what the show is full of. While I do like the new BSG and think its an OK show, its not very good science fiction.
                        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Scifi is a very broad genre. Look at Stargate. It has mythology and things like the Ancients. Those are not typical scifi things. Should Stargate be classed as fantasy? No, because shows can span more than one genre. It is the same with Battlestar Galactica. It is a scifi show, but it also is a drama show. It definately belongs on the Scifi channel.

Comment

I right in disgust. Although, its not a great way to begin in a new community. The new content that in the Sci FI is terrible to say the least.

Come on Tin Man!!!. A blatant rip off of the Wizard of Oz for gods sake. The thought that they are airing such turd other than SG1? Sci Fi is mainly targeted towards 13+, people like us who like watching proper quality entertainment unlike the average joe bloe who loves watching reality tv shows.
                            it's called re-imagining ...take BSG 2004 as a example
                            Another example, of crummy entertainment is Ghost hunters when did ghost hunting become a part of the sci fi genre?
                            it's one the highest rated shows on the channel and ghost and the unknown fit into the scifi genre perfectly
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by philstar22 View Post
                              Scifi is a very broad genre. Look at Stargate. It has mythology and things like the Ancients. Those are not typical scifi things. Should Stargate be classed as fantasy? No, because shows can span more than one genre. It is the same with Battlestar Galactica. It is a scifi show, but it also is a drama show. It definately belongs on the Scifi channel.
                              Agree, agree, agree..... BUT I would love to see BSG go to HBO (I know, it's too late now). But think about it (just fantasize with me for a moment): leave the Sci-Fi Channel to air its wrestling, its horror-fest, its Ghost Hunters and its 'Boa vs. Python'. (I can almost hear the crickets chirping)....

We hard-core, sci-fi fans would be treated to a new HBO category:
                              HBO-SciFi
                              No commercials, no censuring. Aaaaah, oooooooh, yeeeeeeah!!!

I've been begging HBO for 3 or 4 years now. I think they stopped reading my letters. I would be so thrilled if HBO would do that. But oh, well.... I'm not holding my breath.

I do understand that for those of us (myself included) who don't have premium channels, would lose out. But I used to have HBO just to watch "Six Feet Under" (followed all five years... and Carnival too!!). Would I purchase HBO for a Sci-Fi category? You bet!

OK, end of fantasy. (was that as good for you as it was for me??).....
                              I love Stargate and blue jello!!
                              "We can only hope that this will be the last footwear to fall"--Thor, from "Unnatural Selection"

Comment

Working...
                              X