PDA

View Full Version : The Offical 'We're Pissed Off At FOX' Thread

MartoufMarty
October 16th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Yup. This started over in the Thought Crimes thread, but I thought maybe we could just move it over here.

This is where you can complain about FOX.

I'm upset because:

a) I just found out that they're cancelling Tru Calling.

b) They cancelled Wonderfalls after FOUR episodes.

So come one, come all, come and rant and rave about FOX.

Please keep the thread relatively... nice so the mods don't come around and tell us to calm down or shut us down.

I know there are a few... Come on, speak up!

Taonas
October 16th, 2004, 06:19 PM
FOX cancelled Futurama, Family Guy, Firefly, Fastlane, John Doe, Tru Calling, Wonderfalls.

Notice any comminalities with all of them... yup, there's one... THEY'RE ALL GREAT SHOWS!!!

Especially Firefly, John Doe and Family Guy!

DownFallAngel
October 16th, 2004, 06:20 PM
They didn't have the right to cancel FAMILY GUY!

DownFallAngel
October 16th, 2004, 06:20 PM
FOX cancelled Futurama, Family Guy, Firefly, Fastlane, John Doe, Tru Calling, Wonderfalls.

Notice any comminalities with all of them... yup, there's one... THEY'RE ALL GREAT SHOWS!!!

Especially Firefly, John Doe and Family Guy!

Futurama was awesome!

Taonas
October 16th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Trying to think of other good shows that FOX has idiodically thrown away.

And yes, Futurama was awesome! Why couldn't they cancel the simpsons instead?

MartoufMarty
October 16th, 2004, 06:24 PM
I only watched Family Guy a few times, never watched Fastlane, wasn't interested in Firefly (though probably if I did watch it I would probably love it), LOVED Tru Calling and Wonderfalls, really enjoyed John Doe.

And I didn't even notice that Futurama went missing!

*cries*

I'm so sad! :(

MartoufMarty
October 16th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Trying to think of other good shows that FOX has idiodically thrown away.

And yes, Futurama was awesome! Why couldn't they cancel the simpsons instead?
I really like the Simpsons, but over the years, it's just not as funny anymore.

They haven't cancelled That 70's Show. That show is great. I heard they're in their last season though :(

Taonas
October 16th, 2004, 06:27 PM
I only watched Family Guy a few times, never watched Fastlane, wasn't interested in Firefly (though probably if I did watch it I would probably love it), LOVED Tru Calling and Wonderfalls, really enjoyed John Doe.

And I didn't even notice that Futurama went missing!

*cries*

I'm so sad! :(

SPACE channel airs Firefly on Sundays... I can't remember the time though... Used to be on Monday's at 9:00 but now it's Mutant X.

Anyways, both the Simpsons and That 70's Show I find are getting old.

David85
October 16th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Hello people Family Guy is coming back in January, Fox has order 35 episodes more.

And for the record it was canceled like 7 times because of law suits against the show. The Fox moved it around so much it was canned.

The same went for Futurama people loved it, no one knew when it was on, but there is always the chance of movies.

DownFallAngel
October 16th, 2004, 06:51 PM
That 80's show was cancelled.

MartoufMarty
October 16th, 2004, 06:52 PM
That 80's show was cancelled.
I never even bothered to watch That 80's Show because it looked really stupid to me.

D.C.
October 16th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Dark Angel was a decent show, aswell. I agree that The Simpsons should have been cancelled instead of Futurama.

MartoufMarty
October 16th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Oooh I watched Dark Angel on SPACE one day when I was sick. It was awesome! But, I forgot to watch it... Until just now... Damn.

There are not enough hours in the day!

DownFallAngel
October 16th, 2004, 06:55 PM
The Simpsons was supposed to be retired last year.

SKIN was another show, it was cancelled after 1 episode. It was like the OC meets Romeo and Juliet. it was bad in my opinion.

Dark Angel season 1 and 3 was good. I was hoping it would get picked up by another channel, and what not.

Taonas
October 16th, 2004, 06:55 PM
Oooh I watched Dark Angel on SPACE one day when I was sick. It was awesome! But, I forgot to watch it... Until just now... Damn.

There are not enough hours in the day!

Working on a machine to extend that... Now only if the flux capacitor wou-

*all of the sudden somewhere in sweden you hear someone say "What was that noise?"*

Liv
October 16th, 2004, 06:56 PM
/.../ wasn't interested in Firefly (though probably if I did watch it I would probably love it) /.../
Words can not express how sad and utterly devastated I was to see Firefly get cancelled. Loved Futurama and Wonderfalls too, but Firefly... < sigh >

Seriously, you need to watch the show! :D

This is the checklist to get hooked by all things Whedon:

Just continue to watch whichever episodes you are currently watching, then once you reach the season 2 finale of Buffy (I dare you not to cry :p) I think it's pretty safe to say that it will have drawn you in. With that taken care of, you watch all of season three and then you begin to watch Angel. Watch the two shows together (s4/s1 because there are a couple of crossovers). By the end of these two shows you will be craving more and that's where Firefly comes into the picture! And by then, the movie Serenity will probably premiere too, so you're right on schedule! :D

MartoufMarty
October 16th, 2004, 07:00 PM
ARGH! SO MANY THINGS TO WATCH!

Dead Like Me
Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
The Sopranos
Queer as Folk
Dark Angel
Buffy
Angel
Firefly
Family Guy
Desperate Housewifes (I'm giving it a shot okay?)
NASCAR races (only a few left in this season... :()
ER
CSI
CSI New York

AHHH!!! Work faster Taonas on that machine!

Dude, that's about 16 and 1/2 hours a week. Eeek.

Taonas
October 16th, 2004, 07:03 PM
AHHH!!! Work faster Taonas on that machine!

Dude, that's about 16 and 1/2 hours a week. Eeek.

*crawls out of the crater which once was Montreal*

It might take a bit of time, it seems to have exploded :p

*crawls back in to work*

Skydiver
October 16th, 2004, 07:58 PM
i miss john doe and dark angel

when will networks realize, with your average cable viewer getting 70+ channels, they gotta give shows more than 6 weeks to build an audience.

heck, it ususally takes a few weeks for folks to even know that there's something new on

Shipperahoy
October 16th, 2004, 08:04 PM
I was really really diapointed about Dark Angel and Firefly. At least Firefly is getting a movie so all is not lost there but poor Dark Angel. People say that the second season was terrible and while there were aspects I didn't love it was still riveting enough to keep me tuned every week. But despite those 2 cancellations WB is still at the top of my t.v. station s*** list because of Angel and various other stupid programming moves.

ShadowMaat
October 16th, 2004, 08:08 PM
They killed Space: Above & Beyond, Strange Luck and Brimstone. And I liked John Doe, too. They kill everything good. Or whatever good things they keep they ruin.

Xzyl
October 16th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Oh come on ShadowMaat Space: Above & Beyond only had 4 good episodes in the entire run.

First episode, last episode, The Angriest Angel, and the one one about skinny guy (the one with the missing girlfriend) little brother.

Strange Luck was original and brilliant.

I cant for the life of me see why Brimstone didnt make it.

After going through this thread it suddenly occured to me that I could not remember the last time I watched Fox.

alaskannut
October 17th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Working on a machine to extend that... Now only if the flux capacitor wou-

*all of the sudden somewhere in sweden you hear someone say "What was that noise?"*
You Canucks...you've always got to hit the little red button dont you?? :D :D

alaskannut
October 17th, 2004, 03:01 AM
I was really really diapointed about Dark Angel and Firefly. At least Firefly is getting a movie so all is not lost there but poor Dark Angel. People say that the second season was terrible and while there were aspects I didn't love it was still riveting enough to keep me tuned every week. But despite those 2 cancellations WB is still at the top of my t.v. station s*** list because of Angel and various other stupid programming moves.
TNT is number 1 on my list for what they did to Crusade
*sticks extra long needle in Ted Turner voodoo doll*
Evil TNT must pay!!! :eek: :eek:
Oh yes, also ticked at FOX for Firefly, Dark Angel and Futurama--esp. Firefly! Didn't hugely like The Family Guy...its humor tended to be just a little to ?raunchy? for my taste...yeah I'm a country bumpkin.

ShadowMaat
October 17th, 2004, 05:29 AM
Oh come on ShadowMaat Space: Above & Beyond only had 4 good episodes in the entire run.
That's YOUR opinion. I obviously don't share it.

Teal'c
October 17th, 2004, 05:34 AM
I'm pissed off that they haven't cancelled the Simpsons yet! The last 5 years have been painful! :P

At least Firefly's getting a movie though! :D

DownFallAngel
October 17th, 2004, 06:29 AM
Strange Luck freakin' rocked! I loved that show.

Taonas
October 17th, 2004, 06:53 AM
Strange Luck?

I haven't heard of that show.

DownFallAngel
October 17th, 2004, 07:10 AM

Angel was a great show. I loved Season 3 the best, with Steve/Conor, as Angel's kickass son. Good stuff. But yea, I agree with SD, networks don't understand that after the first night, they aren't going to be getting 25million viewers. Every show that is made, isn't going to be an instant hit, you have to give it time.

David85
October 17th, 2004, 09:10 AM
I'm pissed off that they haven't cancelled the Simpsons yet! The last 5 years have been painful! :P

At least Firefly's getting a movie though! :D

They can't cancel it they have to do the gay marriage episode!

Xzyl
October 17th, 2004, 01:28 PM
That's YOUR opinion.

Yes it is and I am far from being alone in it.

http://www.jumptheshark.com/s/spaceaboveandbeyond.htm

The writing gave up on it long before the suits did.

I obviously don't share it.

This is about only thing positive I can share with you about it.

*note its not an offical release but its more than FOX will give you and the other fans of it.

http://web-worthy.com/saab/merch-video.html#DVD

ShadowMaat
October 17th, 2004, 01:33 PM
I don't give a flying fig what you or the rest of the universe thinks. I was stating which FOX shows I didn't like being cancelled. I don't see anyone else passing judgement on any other shows listed here and personally I could sure as heck comment on the shows I didn't like, but I have the good grace to respect the opinions of others even when I don't share them. I don't make a habit of telling people they're wrong for liking something and I definitely don't try to PROVE it by showing them "evidence".

I'm pissed that SAAB got cancelled. I loved the show and I wouldn't care if I was the only one on the entire planet who liked it, that wouldn't change the fact that I still loved it and I'm still upset that it got killed after one season.

If you disagree, fine. I'm not asking for a unanimous vote, but don't EVER tell me that my OPINION is wrong.

MartoufMarty
October 17th, 2004, 01:37 PM
http://tvshowsondvd.com

Tells you when TV shows are coming out on DVD, and it has a voting option. Don't know if your vote actually counts for anything but, hey, you never know.

ShadowMaat
October 17th, 2004, 06:00 PM
I also loved Profit. It was sick, it was twisted, and it lasted about three eps before getting pulled, but I still thought it was pretty cool. Jim Profit was a great anti-hero. :) In my opinion. :P

Manic
October 17th, 2004, 06:33 PM
Don't forget Action! and The Critic. Action! only had a handful of episodes before FOX canned it, but those were some great episodes. It was about a movie producer who was struggling to make a new film, but the actors were uncooperative, and they had several conflicts with the director(s) and writer. That is, the writer and directors of the movie-within-the-show, not the writers/directors of the show itself. It was funny, dark, and very original. It had Jay Mohr and Buddy Hackett, for goodness sake!

Then there's The Critic. ABC had a deal with James L. Brooks that, no matter what he placed on the table, they'd have to make 50-odd episodes of it. They cancelled it after the first season. FOX picked it up for the second season, but dropped it because the writers refused to make the show more like The Simpsons. It was supposed to be nothing like The Simpsons, but FOX couldn't understand that. Apparently, however, neither could most of the viewers. The fanbase was there, and they were laughing-- there just weren't enough people.

And let's not forget how Married With Children was cancelled at the last minute. I can accept that the show lasted as long as it did when they cancelled it, but they never told the cast. The writers were writing for the next season, and the cast was ready to come back later that year. But the moment they left walked out of the studio that day, FOX shut it down, and the cast had to hear about the show's cancellation from the news and rumors from their friends. Nobody at FOX ever bothered to tell them.

Elwe Singollo
October 17th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Its not like they are getting wow ratings right now, last year Tru Calling is pretty much getting a little bit higher ratings than shows on now on the dreadful network. Although i'm not 100 percent on not cancelling Tru Calling, i still think they should still air the 6 episodes to see if it got better than last year. (not saying last year was bad or anything, but not super dooper great, except a handful of episodes)

LordAnubis
October 17th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Yup. This started over in the Thought Crimes thread, but I thought maybe we could just move it over here.

This is where you can complain about FOX.

I'm upset because:

a) I just found out that they're cancelling Tru Calling.

b) They cancelled Wonderfalls after FOUR episodes.

So come one, come all, come and rant and rave about FOX.

Please keep the thread relatively... nice so the mods don't come around and tell us to calm down or shut us down.

I know there are a few... Come on, speak up!
Maybe the Sci-fi channel runs Fox! They share the same propensity for canceling good shows and keeping the crap.

Madeleine
October 17th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Bart Simpson said it well enough: "If you sign a contract with Fox you're asking to be screwed".

I miss Firefly and I'm sad Tru Calling isn't going to last.

Erik Pasternak
October 17th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Maybe the Sci-fi channel runs Fox! They share the same propensity for canceling good shows and keeping the crap.
Sci-Fi hasn't cancelled SG-1 and that's a good show.

Elwe Singollo
October 17th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Sci-Fi hasn't cancelled SG-1 and that's a good show.I was about to say that :D Unless hes talking about the other shows, which seems he is, i think :S

Erik Bloodaxe
October 17th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Hmm... let's see if I can even remember 'em all: Fox cancelled, Futurama (w/ a lot of preempting so you could rarely see it), Family Guy several times (moving it around a lot, so you never knew when it was on), Firefly (never even showed the pilot until several months after the "following" episodes), Married w/ Children (last minute), The Critic, Action!, John Doe, Dark Angel, Wonderfalls (a funny Joan of Arcadia, what's wrong w/ that?), Titus, Andy Richter Controls the Universe (that show was funny), The Pitts, That '80s Show, Sliders (though, in retrospect, after seeing what happened to it after it was "saved", perhaps that cancellation should've stuck ;) )... and the list of good shows they axed goes on.

But it gets worse: Simpsons they keep around after anything that was at all funny about it went out the window about half its lifetime ago; X-files they stretched on a couple seasons too long, which probably had an impact upon keeping around other shows at the time; they almost gave Arrested Development the axe; they seem to be in the process of giving Tru Calling the axe; and every single show they seem to cancel these days seem to be for the sake of saving one of their incredibly pathetic reality shows, which they spend far more time promoting. Tru Calling, you'd see the ad for next week's episode at the end, and that's it; if Fox actually had an equal amount of promotion for all their shows, I'm sure quite a few in the above list would still be around. Instead, that network seems to want people to see them as their stop for Reality shows and the Simpsons, and that's it. W/ Fox's track record for cancelling great-quality scripted series while their fanbases were still growing, I honest wonder why anyone even bothers having their show go over to Fox anymore. Seriously, Stargate probably would've been cancelled during Season 1 if it had started out there instead of Showtime. :-S Thank goodness we're not in some horrible reality in which Fox was let anywhere near it. ;)

-Bloodaxe

Brendan
October 17th, 2004, 10:50 PM

Fastlane was a piece of trash and should have been cancelled sooner then it was. FOX actually did something right for once by cancelling it. Now with that said I agree with you on the other shows. Although I never watched John Doe, Tru Calling or Wonderfalls because they were on FOX and I knew they wouldn't last.

Actually I never watched Firefly either when it premiered because I knew FOX was airing the episodes out of order and I heard rumours it was getting the axe. I watched it on DVD though and became enraged that FOX cancelled it. Great show.

FOX is a bad network and they don't know how to handle shows. I'm surprised 24 has lasted as long as it has, even though season 3 was terrible, and I was surprised that Arrested Development (don't watch it though) has even come back for a second season.

FOX is a network that just doesn't seem to care. Where other networks might give a show a chance (IE: NBC with Boomtown) FOX just cancels them. I am aware though that NBC butchered the marvelous format of Boomtown and therefore played a part in it's demise but they still gave it a chance and even the show's creator, Graham Yost, has thanked NBC for giving the show a chance.

FOX Exec #1: Hey, the pilot had poor ratings.

FOX Exec #2: Yah.

Show's Producer: Ah... well you did premiere it on a Sunday night at nine o'clock up against the Super Bowl on ABC.

FOX Exec #1: Bah. That wasn't our fault.

Show's Producer: Yes it was. You could have easily aired it on Tuesdays at eight o'clock but you held it off, brought someone else on board to re-shoot the pilot and you decide you'll air episode 14 first.

FOX Exec #2: I think we know what we're doing.

Show's Producer: No, I don't think you do.

FOX Exec #2: But if we think we know what we're doing and you don't think we know what we're doing then do we really know what we're doing is what we're doing at all?

Show's Producer: What?!

FOX Exec #1: Exactly. Listen your show sucks alright? I gave the green light to Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire, The Littlest Groom and Method Man and Redman so I think I should know what good qaulity TV is alright?

Show's Producer: I hate FOX.

*RA
October 17th, 2004, 11:52 PM
They killed Space: Above & Beyond, Strange Luck and Brimstone. And I liked John Doe, too. They kill everything good. Or whatever good things they keep they ruin.

I agree with Above & Beyond, I really got in to it, the bam it was gone. I also use to enjoy Futurama, and now its gone. Fox seems to have lost its focus in my opinion, all the things that made it what it is are slowly going away. They seem to becoming more and more like the other broadcast stations. I haven't watched the channel in awhile. I seem to be stuck on cable latley. I also agree with others on the fact that six weeks isn't long enough to establish a show in todays market. Alot of the time I my self don't get into shows tell the 2nd or 3rd season.

Xzyl
October 17th, 2004, 11:57 PM
Almost forgot Werewolf, one of the very first to get the ax at Fox. But it was already running out of steam and had truned into a hulk knock off.

OK ShadowMaat I admit its really my fault SAAB was cancelled. I was not paying attention when AC Neilson was hooking up the ratings detector gizmo to my TV set so the 40,000 viewers I was supposed to represent did not get counted in favor of SAAB is it rightfully deserved. It was also my fault that there are no videos or DVDs from Fox because when I took the Fox studio tour I had a smoke in the film vault and only SAABs prints were burned. So that silver bullet you were saving to put in the forehead of a Fox executive can now be aimed at my black and twisted heart where it truely belongs.

morjana
October 18th, 2004, 12:22 AM
1) Alien Nation

2) The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.

3) Firefly

Sob!

Morjana

LoneStar1836
October 18th, 2004, 01:49 AM
2) The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.
I forgot about that one. I loved that show.

FOX isn't big on my list to watch. Never really has been, except for X-Files. Usually the good stuff they had like SPACE: ABOVE AND BEYOND :p and Sliders I didn't discover were good until I saw them on Sci-fi. Currently the only thing they have on that I'm watching is the NLCS playoffs with the Astros and Cards.

Only thing I'm looking forward to is the return of 24 in January and the return of NASCAR in February. Probably no one on this board cares when I say I can't stand NBC's coverage of NASCAR. Wally and BP suck. I want Mike, Larry Mac, and DW back soon.

But if you want me to be pissed off at Fox, I'll gladly comply. :D

Just remembered they axed Harsh Realm after 3 episodes, but then finally aired the remaining episodes on FX. I liked that show.

ibwolf
October 18th, 2004, 03:12 AM
Regarding Family Guy. IGN reports that new episodes will begin airing on FOX next spring/summer.

#4ACX01 - North by North Quahog
#4ACX02 - Fast Times at Buddy Cianci High
#4ACX03 - Don't Make Me Over
#4ACX04 - Blind Ambition
#4ACX05 - Stewie B. Goode (Part I)
#4ACX06 - Bango Was His Name Oh (Part II)
#4ACX07 - Stu & Stewie's Excellent Adventure (Part III)
#4ACX08 - The Cleveland-Loretta Quagmire
#4ACX09 - Petarded
#4ACX010 - Brian the Bachelor
#4ACX011 - 8 Simple Rules for Buying My Teenage Daughter
#4ACX012 - Breaking Out Is Hard to Do
#4ACX013 - Model Misbehavior

Supposedly, voices have already been recorded for the first 13 eps, listed above.

News report on IGN (http://dvd.ign.com/articles/556/556562p1.html?fromint=1)

KatG
October 18th, 2004, 04:21 AM
They cancelled John Doe, which imo had the potential to be the next X-Files for them.

Not only did they cancel it, they waited until the last moment to do so, which meant that the show ended with a cliffhanger.

KayMan2k
October 18th, 2004, 04:59 AM
They cancelled John Doe, which imo had the potential to be the next X-Files for them.

Not only did they cancel it, they waited until the last moment to do so, which meant that the show ended with a cliffhanger.

I HATE Fox for murdering Futurama; it wasn't just canceled. First, they air it on Sunday after the football games so that it was ALWAYS preempted. Of course the show has poor ratings when half of the U.S. can't see it! It was an excellent show... it deserved a better time slot and more of a chance. They didn't even air full seasons... there were 5 broadcast seasons from 4 seasons worth of show.

Fox also canceled Stargate Infinity! (It was shown on FoxBox on Sat. mornings). While it is not official cannon.. it was aimed at kids and introduced them to the SG universe. It wasn't the best show, but kinda entertaining. Just wish it followed the SG timeline better.

Fox also has amoung the trashiest (is that a word?) reality TV shows. They are all bad to begin with, but Fox adds that horrible twist to almost everything. My local Fox affliate also shows Stargate SG-1, but at inconsitent times and dates.

Fox is a terrible network.

David85
October 18th, 2004, 10:23 AM
HAHA

"8 Simple Rules for Buying My Teenage Daughter"

I so miss Family Guy. The problem is that it was all one liners so it's not as funny anymore because the jokes aren't current, can't wait for the new Family Guy.

#4ACX05 - Stewie B. Goode (Part I)
#4ACX06 - Bango Was His Name Oh (Part II)
#4ACX07 - Stu & Stewie's Excellent Adventure (Part III)

That seems that it might have been the DVD movie they were making.

Does anyone know if that other FG like show is still going to be on? It was pretty much a ripoff of FG with a talking french fish. Hopefully Fox say that and desided to put on FG instead.

aschen
October 18th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Yet...the Simpsons is still the active behemoth of a show that will probably air until the day I die.

FieryHands
October 18th, 2004, 11:22 AM
This is exactly why I never watched Tru Calling. I knew it couldn't last on Fox and I wasn't about to let them screw me again. Too many shows I loved were killed in the past, I don't even watch Fox now unless its to see a Stargate episode. Firefly was the last straw. Strange Luck or Briscoe had been the first straw, but anyway. I didn't get into the Family Guy and Futurama till they hit Cartoon Network. I think new episodes of Family Guy are being made, come to think of it.

Someone mentioned they were glad Stargate didn't start out on Fox--Farscape actually could have (and died two episodes in, assuming the pilot would have ever made it to air at all) but the network passed *thankfully*.

Anyone remember VR5?

ShadowMaat
October 18th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Anyone remember VR5?
I do. :D Weird show, but kinda cool. And Anthony Stewart Head in his pre-Buffy days. :eek:

LordAnubis
October 18th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Yet...the Simpsons is still the active behemoth of a show that will probably air until the day I die.
The Simpsons is sooo old and is no longer funny anymore. It needs to die with dignity before it's too late.

LordAnubis
October 18th, 2004, 03:25 PM
I do. :D Weird show, but kinda cool. And Anthony Stewart Head in his pre-Buffy days. :eek:
Nope, I don't remember that one.

MartoufMarty
October 18th, 2004, 03:29 PM
The Simpsons is sooo old and is no longer funny anymore. It needs to die with dignity before it's too late.
I agree. I don't even watch it anymore. My dad and sister watch it and sometimes I kind of watch it, but you're right. Not funny anymore.

The Mexican Hat Dance was funny though, and still is...

I don't remember remember too much else lol.

LordAnubis
October 18th, 2004, 03:30 PM
I don't give a flying fig what you or the rest of the universe thinks. I was stating which FOX shows I didn't like being cancelled. I don't see anyone else passing judgement on any other shows listed here and personally I could sure as heck comment on the shows I didn't like, but I have the good grace to respect the opinions of others even when I don't share them. I don't make a habit of telling people they're wrong for liking something and I definitely don't try to PROVE it by showing them "evidence".

I'm pissed that SAAB got cancelled. I loved the show and I wouldn't care if I was the only one on the entire planet who liked it, that wouldn't change the fact that I still loved it and I'm still upset that it got killed after one season.

If you disagree, fine. I'm not asking for a unanimous vote, but don't EVER tell me that my OPINION is wrong.
SAAB was, by far, one of the best Sci-fi shows that aired. Good writing, good characters, good backstory, cool ships, and cool aliens (Chigs). I really liked the show, even tho it was on way back in the day. Man, I must have been in 3rd or 4th grade? Sheesh...was it that long ago? I just remember it was a really good show and I was sad when it went off the air, especially with no closure. Sad, sad, sad. Hey, I know it wasn't on Fox, but anyone remember Earth 2? I liked that show too! :)

Manic
October 18th, 2004, 11:32 PM
Does anyone know if that other FG like show is still going to be on? It was pretty much a ripoff of FG with a talking french fish. Hopefully Fox say that and desided to put on FG instead.
Actually, that show is called American Dad. It's made by the same guy who made Family Guy, Seth MacFarlane. It's not really a rip-off. That's like saying Star Trek: TNG is a rip-off of Star Trek: TOS. FOX is going to air both next year. Watch as FG becomes the new Simpsons (staying on forever and getting less funny), while AD gets put in a timeslot where it'll get pre-empted constantly.

That reminds me: Put Family Guy on a Sunday timeslot! They switched the show between Tuesdays and Wednesdays constantly-- meanwhile, Simpsons was getting aired twice in a row every Sunday night. If they throw all their animation in on Sundays, everyone will know where to find it.

And why have my local listings shown nothing but barter syndicated episodes of Friends, Cheers, and MASH for the past few Sundays?

AiYaFongLuh
October 25th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Freakylinks. That was a really awesome show that aired for a couple of months back in 2000 which starred the lovely Ethan Embry. It was about a guy and his friends investigating freaky happenings and such.

JediTrilobite
October 25th, 2004, 11:06 AM

No they did not. I wonder why in the world that they did in the first place.

I, however, am extremely pissed that they cancelled Firefly. :mad:

And Wonderfalls, which I heard was excellent, as well as several other quality shows. Fortunently, Joss Wheadon is no longer working with them, at least according to the SciFi Wire.

Elwe Singollo
October 25th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Unfortunately, Fox gets 'First Dibs' if Joss Whedon gets any new ideas for TV :(

http://www.slayerverse.net/tanet/net_buffy_us/index.php?navi=news.php&id=13157&PHPSESSID=1e5c3acea0b09114481d5cf7c85c2677
(Link to an article from Variety typed out)

JediTrilobite
October 25th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Unfortunately, Fox gets 'First Dibs' if Joss Whedon gets any new ideas for TV :(

http://www.slayerverse.net/tanet/net_buffy_us/index.php?navi=news.php&id=13157&PHPSESSID=1e5c3acea0b09114481d5cf7c85c2677
(Link to an article from Variety typed out)

Well, just for a year or so.

Elwe Singollo
October 25th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Hopefully your right then, because i always read the article saying that even after the contract ends, Fox would still have the right to his ideas first, i think part of the deal to close down his company a year early, but i maybe wrong, so i'm going to reread it, haha...

blufeenix
November 9th, 2004, 12:01 AM
I was really pissed off when they canceled Brimstone I loved that show

Gategirl
November 9th, 2004, 03:29 AM
Well, I'm not sure if this is FOX's fault or the NFL's fault but I hate how we get stupid COPS reruns on Sunday instead of a second football game!!!

And we were so into John Doe when they dropped it like a hot potato!!!

C'mon FOX...GET A CLUE!