PDA

View Full Version : Fable... Possibly one of best RPG's (Next to KOTOR)

Taonas
October 16th, 2004, 06:55 PM
Does anyone on the forum play Fable? It's a RPG game on the X-Box.

The storyline is ok, but what makes this game great is the fact you can do almost anything. You chose if you're good or evil by the actions you do... But unlike in most games, you can reedeem yourself... Or do something good, then sin again.

Anyway... Thoughts, comments, opinions, anything?

D.C.
October 16th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Too bad it's X-Box exclusive. It looks pretty damn cool. KOTOR 2's released in December (for X-Box) and February (for PC.) KOTOR is definately an awesome game. :)

Taonas
October 16th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Too bad it's X-Box exclusive. It looks pretty damn cool. KOTOR 2's released in December (for X-Box) and February (for PC.) KOTOR is definately an awesome game. :)

What's your character in the game?

D.C.
October 16th, 2004, 07:38 PM
In KOTOR? Light sider, Sentinal (I think), scout... what about you?

Taonas
October 16th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Complete and absolute Dark side, Sith (i say sith because I'm evil) sentinal, soldier.

Me liky the two lightsabers and then force lightning storm the sorry S.O.B's

Too bad there's no stormtroopers to terrorize, unlike in Jedi Knight 2 :p

D.C.
October 16th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Heh, I'm not much of a Star Wars fan, but these games are awesome.

Taonas
October 16th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Heh, I'm not much of a Star Wars fan, but these games are awesome.

Yup... KOTOR made by Bioware, a canadian company ^-^

If you like that game, please tell me you've played the Baldur's Gate games.

D.C.
October 16th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Nope. :) Jade Empire looks like it's shaping up to be cool, but like Fable, it's X-Box exclusive and I don't have one.

Taonas
October 16th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Nope. :) Jade Empire looks like it's shaping up to be cool, but like Fable, it's X-Box exclusive and I don't have one.

You've never played Baldur's Gate? It's for computer, GREAT games.

Jade Empire looks amazing (heard a rumor it might be for computer later on).

You have to get a X-Box... Some of the best games are on it... namely, Halo 2 *bows to it*

D.C.
October 16th, 2004, 07:52 PM
I think I'll wait for the X-Box 2. KOTOR spoilt me cause all the characters talked and etc. Now I expect that from every RPG. :) Does Fable have full talking? :)

Taonas
October 16th, 2004, 07:54 PM
I think I'll wait for the X-Box 2. KOTOR spoilt me cause all the characters talked and etc. Now I expect that from every RPG. :) Does Fable have full talking? :)

Every single line of it, and it changes depending on your Alignment... Heck, when I walk in a room, people run away screaming "DeathBringer is coming!" :p

D.C.
October 16th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Heh, cool. What's the basic premise of the game?

Taonas
October 16th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Heh, cool. What's the basic premise of the game?

Well, you start off as a boy, your village is slaughtered. You're the only survivor, you train in a place called "the Heroes guild" to become a heroe... And then when you graduate, the adventure begins (can't say anymore without spoiling the core story)

dogbertisgod
October 18th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Still waiting for it over here in the UK. Heard about'Deathwatch'? You play a cowboy/vampire killing evil entities (statutory zombies,vamps etc) but in certain parts you have to make a decision about whether to do an evil deed or a good one (similar to Fable). Depending on which choice you make, you get a certain new move. The character looks a bit like Iron Maiden's Eddie character with a cowboy hat. Looks really cool.

Baal_Lord
October 23rd, 2004, 07:40 PM
only part about this game that i really hated, it was too short. This is a RPG, they are seposed to have a lot of play time. It took me 10 1/2 hours to beat it, thats jsut as long as it took em to beat Twin Snakes (Game Cube) of the metal gear series!

Elwe Singollo
October 24th, 2004, 01:40 AM
Wow, 10 hours... Compared to Final Fantasy (which even the ff snes games are longer than 10 hours) Fable is only a chapter...

FordSVT
October 24th, 2004, 06:18 AM
Great game, you can beat it it 10-15 hours, but if you want to do EVERYTHING in the game (and things are still appearing on the net), it will take you 30-40 hours. I beat the game as a good character, married five women, then turned evil, killed them all and started walking around the world killing off every vilager until I got my horns and flies. I spent a lot of time luring villagers to the sacrificial alter to kill them, that's fun :) There are lots of hidden weapons, time locked secrets, etc.

KOTOR was awesome, but the combat system was better in Fable as was the voice acting. Also, the fact that you are good or bad in Fable seems to have a greater influence on how the game reacts to you, as opposed to just limiting certain abilities available to you and giving you a certain ending.
-FordSVT-

Admiral Mappalazarou
February 11th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Long dead thread, I resurrect thee!

Fable just got the HD treatment.

I reviewed it here!

http://mediablasphemy.com/2014/gaming/games-reviews/fable-anniversary-review/

Angela V
March 26th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Long dead thread, I resurrect thee!

Fable just got the HD treatment.

I reviewed it here!

http://mediablasphemy.com/2014/gaming/games-reviews/fable-anniversary-review/

Thanks for the review! I got sucked into Fable 3 last summer when XBox had it free for Gold members. I went out and bought Fable 2. So I'm so happy that Fable Anniversary was made. I liked the fact in Fable 3 though I can be a chick because it's just not the same doing role playing when you are a chick and stuck as a guy. Well, in this kind of role playing at least!