This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Weir the new Quinn?

With the news of Torri Higginson's decision to leave Stargate forever, i was
    wondering will Elizabeth Weir became the new Jonas Quinn of Atlantis.
    A well written character "kick" of the show because they had "trouble" with the producers and never to be heard from again?

Although i think i'll not miss Torri's Elizabeth Weir as much as i miss Corin's Jonas Quinn.

Does anyone thinks the same way?
    "Do you know what's the Chain of Command?? It's the chain i'm gonna beat you
    with until you realize who's in rotten command here." - Jayne Cobb

Originally posted by Nathan Reynolds View Post
    A well written character "kick" of the show because they had "trouble" with the producers and never to be heard from again?

Although i think i'll not miss Torri's Elizabeth Weir as much as i miss Corin's Jonas Quinn.

Since season 2 she hasn't been a well written character, so no.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan Reynolds View Post

I don't think Torri had any problems with PTB prior to her reduction to recurring status, they just thought that the place for the Weir character was not on Atlantis itself.

Imho, neither Quinn nor Weir were well written characters.
      Quinn was consistently annoying, and I didn't think much to CN's acting ability (just my opinion).
      Weir was just dull and 2-dimensional. Even when they were trying to make her 3d it just came acros as forced. The only Weir episodes I've liked are 'The Long Goodbye' and the last 30 seconds of BAMSR, neither of which were the Weir that has commanded Atlantis for the last three years.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Since season 2 she hasn't been a well written character, so no.
        And I was gonna coment about how badly Jonas was written in comparison, but, ah well
        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
        Yes, I am!
        sigpic
        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
          I don't think Torri had any problems with PTB prior to her reduction to recurring status, they just thought that the place for the Weir character was not on Atlantis itself.

Imho, neither Quinn nor Weir were well written characters.
          Quinn was consistently annoying, and I didn't think much to CN's acting ability (just my opinion).
          Weir was just dull and 2-dimensional. Even when they were trying to make her 3d it just came acros as forced. The only Weir episodes I've liked are 'The Long Goodbye' and the last 30 seconds of BAMSR, neither of which were the Weir that has commanded Atlantis for the last three years.
          Torri openly said that she didn't agree with some of the odd decisions Weir started making (an ambassador/peace maker endorsing the murder of Humanized Wraith), and she said that her input wasn't even taken into consideration by tptb, so I'd say she had her issues with them.

I'm not happy that Torri left permanently. Tptb didn't know how to write her, so she shouldn't have been full-time, but recurring would've been nice. I happened to have liked her on Atlantis better than Carter. Carter was just useless on Atlantis 99% of the time. I'm thrilled Amanda left. Now Carter may get a chance to be a good character again in season 5 as recurring/featured/integral and in the future DVD movies.

IMO, tptb just can't write base commanders anymore. Hammond was great, but since then....
          sigpic
          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
          ~David Hewlett

Comment

Don't compare Weir and Jonas. Weir was a regular from the beginning. Jonas came in at Season 6. And a 6-year contract? What were the writers thinking? And now their prized Carter isn't on there and who is left? Woolsey.
            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I liked Weir as commander and it's a same that the cast keeps changing so dramatically. Just focus on writing new original sci-fi stories without the feeling the need to introduce new characters in order to do that.

Comment

They really can't write base commanders, can they? I agree. Hammond was exceptional, but past that, it's a slump. Torri did a superb job acting the part, I felt, but the slump she got especially beginning with the second and majorly third seasons for characterization was horrendous. I just don't get it.
                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Its her career i guess, she can do wutever she wants with it. But i bet shell be back someday, maybe just a one off tho.

They could still use their stories i guess. Its just that 3 seconds after we faded to black in BAMSR one of those asteroid chunks struck the bridge killing weir but left the rest of the ship to carry on her plan. lulz

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                    Its just that 3 seconds after we faded to black in BAMSR one of those asteroid chunks struck the bridge killing weir but left the rest of the ship to carry on her plan. lulz
                    They can use old episodes for dialogue & have Weir contact the Expedition & then Weirs ship get blown up during communication & Weir dies again

Comment

I'm disappointed to hear that she's declined the season 5 role, I hope they revisit the story anyway.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                        I'm disappointed to hear that she's declined the season 5 role, I hope they revisit the story anyway.
                        They have to at least state On Screen that Weir contacted them but a Wraith ended up killing her or something & voila its done. I would not be surprised for TPTB to give Weir a stupid death now even though we wont see it

Comment

Torri wants to be that way, kill the character for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sokar_The_Wraith View Post
                            Torri wants to be that way, kill the character for good.
                            It was funny the first time, now you're just spamming.

As for Weir another Quinn. I don't know much about Quinn, except for some of the past information I've happened upon...so I can't really comment.

However, I do find ths similar to Ford. An sorta open-ended story (which I saw as final) and they fade into background thoughts; or fade into nothingness never mentioned on SGA again or in recent up coming eps or seasons.
                            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

There is a big difference here though. Torri decided to leave on her own terms even when she was offered to come back. SG-1 pretty much shunned Corin Nemec.

Comment

Working...
                              X