Screen made gate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen made gate?

Just wondering here, but the stargate in the Atlantis gateroom, is it rubber? It most be digital? Oh and in the episode "Sateda" the gate on that planet was a green screen, in the speacial features Mission Directive Phantoms, the gate is a greenscreen. Do they only have one gate? Is it possible to buy a full scale replica of the Stargate?
    sigpicDr.Bj�rn ��r J�nsson

ATA gene natural carrier.

Originally posted by Dr.Jónsson View Post
    Just wondering here, but the stargate in the Atlantis gateroom, is it rubber? It most be digital? Oh and in the episode "Sateda" the gate on that planet was a green screen, in the speacial features Mission Directive Phantoms, the gate is a greenscreen. Do they only have one gate? Is it possible to buy a full scale replica of the Stargate?
    I believe the gate in the gate room is plastic and yes it is the only one, the rest are cgi and no i don't believe it's possibleto buy a replica.

hope that helps.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

If i was building a house, i would totally design my front door to be a gate...

Comment

Somewhere in the special features in one of the earlier seasons DVD's they talk about having two gate "props" one that is mounted in the SG set and another one that comes apart in peices and can be set up on location.

They talk about using a CG gate also sometimes because it's easier then setting up the secondary prop gate.

Considering that the main SG-1 run of ten seasons is over. I'd be watching e-bay it could go for several mil. or more.

Comment

I think I read that the one in the 'tower' is rubber.

I dont like the CGI gates, they dont look at all right.

Comment

i thought, in sg1, they have teh gate that moves and then one gate that doesnt move for offworld planets and for SGA they have 2, one for the set, one off the set, and they do space gates CGI...

maybe im wrong lol

Comment

there are two physical gate models.

One is made rubber(?) and that is the one at the sgc. The iris moving is digital, but the closed Iris is actually an insert.

the Atlantis gate is Fiberglass and a lot lighter. I am not sure about off world effects though.

I almost can't wait until stargate closes down for good I am sure someone with money is going to buy those gates. I know I would want one.

Actually I think I want the atlantis gate room set. but I don't have that kind of money.

Comment

Working...
              X