Repository Of Knowledge, Ancient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repository Of Knowledge, Ancient

Why did the Ancient make these for? what if someone who had the brains found these things and used the knowledge for evil, Why risk giving ur knowledge to a stranger who could take over the galaxy?
    a Gou'ld might find ways to get the knowledge out and put it in his database, or used someone who may have the brains, like a human who can be trusted.

People could used it get high and die

Well, It was probably made pre-plauge (before they left for Atlantis). They were the only real race in the galaxy,they were dominant.

They were probably built to negate the need for schools. When your kid reaches 12, put his head in the machine BAM! you got a top scientist... everyone in your civilization.

Just a thought..

Comment

well maybe it was used for upoading information quickly and have another ancient to download that knowledge since they would know most of the knowledge in there so it didnt have to download the whole thing so it be like a update of what planets are which or how to biuld this and that whearas jack didnt know any ancient knowldge it gave him the whole thing

but thats what i think

anubis seemed to know how to gain the knowledge from the Repository until sg-1 blew it up

but the thing seemed to smart as it didnt allow tealc to be used and it must detect the ancient gene maybe
      sigpic

Comment

Gould and jaffa cant used it, anicent should of blew it up themselve before leaving it behind or take it with them And what is a repository doing on a planet locate on a unknown stone struture where Jack had his head suck again the second time? hmm what that repositiory running on to keep it cloak for so long, mini zpm or large zpm behind it? unlet it cloak itself everytime someone get near it.

Comment

I have been wondering whether the Repositories were indeed made before the plague or not. I mean since we know Merlin was around, its entirely possible he was setting up the devices on his own in order to help Humanity develop into becoming the successors of the Ancients.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by tgmd View Post
            Well, It was probably made pre-plauge (before they left for Atlantis). They were the only real race in the galaxy,they were dominant.

They were probably built to negate the need for schools. When your kid reaches 12, put his head in the machine BAM! you got a top scientist... everyone in your civilization.

Just a thought..
            They may have been dominant at the time, but there were other advanced civilizations around when they were built Asgard, Nox, Furling, so the possibility of an evil advanced race being around is also easily possible. They didn't form an alliance for nothing.

The knowledge repositories were probably originally secret and were only found by accident. The Goa'uld probably didn't have those planets coordinates. Teal'c was unable to use one of the devices so they have a built in security system. The first knowledge repository they found was probably a meeting area for all four races to exchange knowledge since it had all four races languages present.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
              I have been wondering whether the Repositories were indeed made before the plague or not. I mean since we know Merlin was around, its entirely possible he was setting up the devices on his own in order to help Humanity develop into becoming the successors of the Ancients.
              Yes I agree, I was just thinking that most likely it was Merlin that installed them. Since Merlin had one. And I don't really see the device as a educational tool since it can only be used once.

Comment

Originally posted by nightmare_warrior View Post
                Why did the Ancient make these for? what if someone who had the brains found these things and used the knowledge for evil, Why risk giving ur knowledge to a stranger who could take over the galaxy?
                a Gou'ld might find ways to get the knowledge out and put it in his database, or used someone who may have the brains, like a human who can be trusted.

People could used it get high and die
                The Ancients were a dying race. They wanted to leave a legacy. Their database is akin to the biography an old man leaves of himself so people will remember what he did and who he was.

Comment

Well I wouldnt leave a legacy on how to build a weapon or anything that someone might get their hand, for the wrong reason.

Comment

Well, maybe they were going to destroy them then the plague happened, and they felt they were better off leaving them.. But why did they not destroy them when they got back?>

Comment

the repositories had a security mechanism
                      they only appear for humans, if you weren't human you wouldn't even know they were there.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                        the repositories had a security mechanism
                        they only appear for humans, if you weren't human you wouldn't even know they were there.
                        Thats not the best security method is it though?

So people like Osama Bin Laden could access it if they had the ancinet gene then?

This is just one of the things I don't like about the Ancients they just left stuff behind with almost no security at all and thought everything would be alright and because of them the Goa'uld rose to power and enslaved humans for thousands of years
                        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic
                        So whats the worst that could happen?
                        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Also, the asgard said that they weren't meant for humans, who was it meant for? Because that implies that the ancients very deliberately built it for someone/thing.
                          Best quotes ever:
                          O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                          Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                          Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                          Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                          Thor:I like the yellow ones
                          O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Working...
                          X